Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4741673 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3499) (3500) (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
frubben:
I don't know if you are familiar with akowonjo bridge, I got to the bridge around after 4 , on getting dere I was about to use the bridge before lastma officials surrounded me , before I could say jack dem don enter motor, they said ones it's after 3 passing the other side of the bridge becomes 1 way. all explanation fell on deaf ears. they drove the key to there office at Ikeja. I pleaded till the guy said I should come tomorrow. the car is currently at there office at Ikeja, dey call d place W something something. as am typing dis tears don full my eye , please I need help

No cry manci..how much u budget for them??..put money for pocket go them for office...though u coulda negotiated with them before una reach office
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frubben(m): 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2021
drmikeadams:

No cry manci..how much u budget for them??..put money for pocket go them for office...though u coulda negotiated with them before una reach office
dey did not even give room for negotiation. just drove straight
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
Superrman:
Guys help o, I can’t seem to add a new car on my bolt app. It was declined when i tried adding a new vehicle even though i had a successful inspection yesterday.

Did u include Hackney Permit?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Superrman: 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Did u include Hackney Permit?
Yes, i did.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
frubben:
dey did not even give room for negotiation. just drove straight

Sha calm down,go them office tommorow...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Superrman: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
frubben:
I don't know if you are familiar with akowonjo bridge, I got to the bridge around after 4 , on getting dere I was about to use the bridge before lastma officials surrounded me , before I could say jack dem don enter motor, they said ones it's after 3 passing the other side of the bridge becomes 1 way. all explanation fell on deaf ears. they drove the key to there office at Ikeja. I pleaded till the guy said I should come tomorrow. the car is currently at there office at Ikeja, dey call d place W something something. as am typing dis tears don full my eye , please I need help
This is terrible, how do they expect people that are not familiar with that route to know this?? This is wickedness, just find something tangible for them tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bammzzie:
House, abeg how much can I charge 3 passengers from Lagos to Anambra, I've already told them I'll get back to them... @Felicity0001 and others biko

Sorry I just saw this... I hope you were able to pin down the job.

Good luck.

But make sure your tires are in good shape
Your breaks are sharp
Your engine oil is still fresh
Fire extinguisher is good
Spare tire is intact
Custom papers and car papers are complete and valid.

Buy full tank b4 you leave Lagos and when you get to Benin refill it that will take you to your destination.

Should you have tint on your car? Make sure you set aside money to settle police at each check point irrespective of your document (highway police no dey like see tinted car).

Leave Lagos early, don't use Benin bypass ooh use inside Benin when you get to Benin to link Benin Agbor road then straight to Onisha. Should you have any delay on the road due to construction along the Ore Benin axis and thereby getting to Onisha late? My brother park and you guys should lodge in a hotel. The rate of kidnapping is very high across the country now.

Don't speed beyond 120km/hr, don't engage in F1 with those guys that would zoom and pass you.

Above all, make sure you rest all day a day before the journey so you'll be physically and mentality sound for the long drive.

Above above all, pray for speed and safety from God

Ijewere (ijoma)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
frubben:

Sorry man...that road is one-way from 3pm prepare to part with big big bucks.
If anybody has a Link pls help...make them no auction the guy car abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
radautoworks:
you of all people know what can happen if you catch techs on a good day grin
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
Blackbishop:

Felicity how you dey
You boi is humble Sir...

Angryigbodon never show workings ooh... If i tell u how long my throat done reach unto that dry fish enh you go pity megringrin

But one part of my mind dey tell me say no be lori origrin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2021
Superrman:
Yes, i did.

If u have any pending vehicle on boarding, delete it, then re-upload inspection report n hackney permit afresh. Use the driver portal.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
BAZ001:

. Don’t behave like a felicity, always be cool headed and have self control. No matter how riders behave, abusive or rude just fix your eyes on the money.
. Pray before you leave your house (very important)
. Accept all trips and then decide if you want to go on the trip or not.
. If you don’t want to go, you drive to the PU and then do the needful... (there are some secrets we can’t drop here cos riders full here and bolt agents too grin )
. Dress well, neat and not look like a driver.
. Buy gum, candy and sometimes offer your rider cold drinks and chips. You will be surprised they will gladly take it.
. Try to be unique in ur approach or something different (I’m not saying ass lick dem but do things dt will make dem say waoh u different or I can’t believe drivers do this ).
. Your car should be neat, AC and music on point.
. Above all make your riders happy. If you don’t have all of the above this last one is the most important, develop the skill to put a smile on your riders face. It’s there mood that determines d rating. If u like drive Benz e no mean. Though no matter what u do daughters of jazebel will not smile they must give u 1*

Can we please see your current rating?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:
This one actually expects a driver 25 minutes away to come and pick him grin. If you check now, e fit be N700 naira trip cheesy

Thank you for this news.
Trip did not happen but he was reported.
Just see the extent riders can go? Copying and pasting a drivers name and plate number cos he arrived and canceled. Bolt didn’t charge for canceling yet he went to social media.
Drivers suffer more in this hustle.
Imagine if that was a driver that exposed rider online. They will say confidentiality and bla bla

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jagophics: 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2021
Good evening everyone,
Pls I am a young guy trying to make a living for my self, I intend going into this Uber business, I planned buying my own car but my budget is 800k, I have been saving this money for a long time.

Pls I need advice on the following
1. car to purchase
2. Things to look out for when purchasing a car
3. Is the Uber/bolt business still profitable
4. General advise about the hustle

Plsss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:
I should not be saying this in a public forum but if its going to keep putting bread on someone's table, I guess I have done a noble thing.

The thing with staying active on bolt is to outsmart them.

Guys, get another phone and open three bolt rider accounts.

Once your client did not show up goes above 20-22%. Book yourself two times from each of the rider account and cancel.

It will raise your passenger cancelled and reduce your client did not show and you have enough leverage to slide arrive and cancel as many trips as you want with client phone number is unavailable or client did not show.

Other advantages to having multiple rider account is that you can use it to boost your ratings and also to meet your bonus targets.

PS: Note that you must not cancel more than 5 times in 24 hours else you'll be blocked for one day, then one week and indefinitely.

From this moment you've been recruited into the hoodlums drivers association genggrin

Welcome onboard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
BAZ001:

Thank you for this news.
Just see the extent riders can go? Copying and pasting a drivers name and plate number cos he arrived and canceled. Bolt didn’t charge for canceling yet he went to social media.
Imagine if that was a driver the exposed rider online. The will say confidentiality and bla bla

I just laughed when I saw the post. 25mins on app, that's nothing less than 30mins in real time and the bagger had the effrontery to say he was waiting for the driver. Me that any pickup more than 10mins (on Gmap), I no dey go.

If you check well, na mainland the guy dey o... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Island peeps once they see that the driver is far, they wouldn't even bother calling. They'll cancel on their own.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
Felicity001:

Sorry I just saw this... I hope you were able to pin down the job.

Good luck.

But make sure your tires are in good shape
Your breaks are sharp
Your engine oil is still fresh
Fire extinguisher is good
Spare tire is intact
Custom papers and car papers are complete and valid.

Buy full tank b4 you leave Lagos and when you get to Benin refill it that will take you to your destination.

Should you have tint on your car? Make sure you set aside money to settle police at each check point irrespective of your document (highway police no dey like see tinted car).

Leave Lagos early, don't use Benin bypass ooh use inside Benin when you get to Benin to link Benin Agbor road then straight to Onisha. Should you have any delay on the road due to construction along the Ore Benin axis and thereby getting to Onisha late? My brother park and you guys should lodge in a hotel. The rate of kidnapping is very high across the country now.

Don't speed beyond 120km/hr, don't engage in F1 with those guys that would zoom and pass you.

Above all, make sure you rest all day a day before the journey so you'll be physically and mentality sound for the long drive.

Above above all, pray for speed and safety from God

Ijewere (ijoma)
Thanks for this info bro, tho the man is still pricing it down to 50k but I'm standing on 70k

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Superrman: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

If u have any pending vehicle on boarding, delete it, then re-upload inspection report n hackney permit afresh. Use the driver portal.
Ok, thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2021
BAZ001:

Thank you for this news.
Imagine if that was a driver the exposed rider online. The will say confidentiality and bla bla

That was why I put it so we see how far riders are ready to go and to see what they expect from us drivers cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2021
Felicity001:

Can we please see your current rating?

Chaiii you think na Lori iro grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chuwaa2: 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bammzzie:

Thanks for this info bro, tho the man is still pricing it down to 50k but I'm standing on 70k

Too poor.
There's this company at Ajah that goes to East with camry spider. They charge 25k per person. Three people only and they leave Ajah between 5-5:30, before 3pm, you're at Enugu.

I don't know what car you use, but assume fuelling to and fro 20-25k
Food and police 10k
Car maintenance after trip 5k
Profit, 10-15k for two days.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
No need to panick. Only sure thing is that you will pay; how much?... depends on your attitude n negotiation power.
I encountered them today as well in front of nnpc station coming from cele inward okota.
There was traffic, so I maneuver my way to enter the station via the middle demac.
Unknowingly for me, they are in an oncoming towing van and they just blocked my car right there in the middle of the road.
My rider, a lady who sat at back was winning down the glass on their instructions but i quickly control it frm my side......
Conclusion; every move i made, their driver will closed me down, they tried to deflate my tyre but i kept jacking the car n turning my steering in all directions till i escaped from them: na so all the keke guys dey shout..... I was lucky cos i didnt believed i could escape...
James Bond con hijack my system for just 5mins.
Lagos is not for a Gentleman.
frubben:

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
InfinityEstates:

I just laughed when I saw the post. 25mins on app, that's nothing less than 30mins in real time and the bagger had the effrontery to say he was waiting for the driver. Me that any pickup more than 10mins (on Gmap), I no dey go.

If you check well, na mainland the guy dey o... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Island peeps once they see that the driver is far, they wouldn't even bother calling. They'll cancel on their own.

This is one of the things I quickly learnt on bolt as a newbie. Never to go on long pickups except I have the absolute commitment of the rider that he/she will wait.

This is because they will almost always cancel before you get to them and nothing dey pain me pass that thing.

Infact once you do that, I will send you a nasty text message and I don't care if you screenshot it and send to bolt.

Sample text message I once sent to one lady. This particular one was painful because I told her where I was and how long it will take me and the idiot told me to come only to cancel just as I was arriving at her street.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by godsonn97: 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Auto mech plenty for this platform na... Gazzuzz, Raduautos, Blackbishop customer has come
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2021
Chuwaa2:

Too poor.
There's this company at Ajah that goes to East with camry spider. They charge 25k per person. Three people only and they leave Ajah between 5-5:30, before 3pm, you're at Enugu.

I don't know what car you use, but assume fuelling to and fro 20-25k
Food and police 10k
Car maintenance after trip 5k
Profit, 10-15k for two days.
Wow, thanks for ur input bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
BAZ001:

what happens in uber when you cancel after 5mins of waiting and uber pays you for cancelation fee,
and later deduct it by saying rider reported that you weren't visible and was looking for you ?
trip didnt happen but yet reported and uber acted.

what I know is that rider cant rate you when a trip didnt happen, but they can report you once you accept a trip.

Oga it seems you're ignorant of the modus operandi with the app. Several times I'd contested with Uber on several mails about this scenario you made here and my fare was readjusted. Uber is highly classified and they can check pass records before making a decision. One thing with Uber that is also bad is you can only cancel after 5min of waiting but at the pickup zone (within 100m diameter). No matter what the rider will say to Uber that cancellation fee will be charged in either ways.

Most Nigerians are worse than Satan itself, I just found out that my Uber account was blocked due to the fact that i cancelled after waiting for one stupid useless girl who happened to be a Uber staff. The most painful aspect was that i was even the one calling her and for about 4x, "im coming down" was the reply i kept getting. I was to kick my car and leave after cancelling was when she opened the door and sat inside.

Sorry I just cancelled, kindly reorder, I said... Wait time was 15min... I was so pissed that day.

The next my account was blocked for high cancellation. See my profile as at when account was blocked.

dont ask me how I know she's a uber staff and responsible t9 the blocking of my account I mbok.

So get your fact straight.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shanid(m): 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
Hello everyone , camry 04 tyre changed from 205/65/15 to 195/65/15...is it okay ? Hope there won't be any issue later ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
Felicity001:

From this moment you've been recruited into the hoodlums drivers association genggrin

Welcome onboard.

My brother, there's very little room to cancel trips on bolt without getting blocked . Sometimes you have to drive to heaven just to make a U turn to pick a rider who wants you to pick her from inside her room. Other times you get trips to God forsaken places or useless short trips. So bolt leaves us with no choice, they are in the business to make money and so am I. I am going to maximise every minute I stay online to make the most money I can make.

Even Uber with all those their yeye policy I keep hearing about, if I drove on their platform, I will still outsmart them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2021
dansito:
Gudday guys,HW v ur day been.pls just being curios.HW do u guys survive on bolt without surge.

We just movegrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2021
Felicity001:

Oga it seems you're ignorant of the modus operandi with the app. Several times I'd contested with Uber on several mails about this scenario you made here and my fare was readjusted. Uber is highly classified and they can check pass records before making a decision. One thing with Uber that is also bad is you can only cancel after 5min of waiting but at the pickup zone (within 100m diameter). No matter what the rider will say to Uber that cancellation fee will be charged in either ways.

Most Nigerians are worse than Satan itself, I just found out that my Uber account was blocked due to the fact that i cancelled after waiting for one stupid useless girl who happened to be a Uber staff. The most painful aspect was that i was even the one calling her and for about 4x, "im coming down" was the reply i kept getting. I was to kick my car and leave after cancelling was when she opened the door and sat inside.

Sorry I just cancelled, kindly reorder, I said... Wait time was 15min... I was so pissed that day.

The next my account was blocked for high cancellation. See my profile as at when account was blocked.

dont ask me how I know she's a uber staff and responsible t9 the blocking of my account I mbok.

So get your fact straight.

Infact you have really given us the real life scenario. This was the bone of contention that rider can’t report you or get your account blocked if trip did not happen. I sensed this could happen but I’ve never experienced it, so your case is the best example.

But do you know if you had just suck it in the rider would have apologized for wasting your time and your account won’t get blocked?
I’ve waited for 49 minutes paid waiting before, I was just praying rider doesn’t cancel. It was a cool place so I press seat and used it as break time.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2021
BAZ001:

Infact you have really given us the real life scenario. This was the bone of contention that rider can’t report you or get your account blocked if trip did not happen. I sensed this could happen but I’ve never experienced it, so your case is the best example.

But do you know if you had just suck it in the rider would have apologized for wasting your time and your account won’t get blocked?
I’ve waited for 49 minutes paid waiting before, I was just praying rider doesn’t cancel. It was a cool place so I press seat and used it as break time.

I just realised you're not much of an active driver so you may not really understand some of these things especially as your experiences may be limited to the few trips you do.

You are not looking at the fact that next time, the rider will make sure she's almost done with preparations before ordering a ride and will not keep the driver waiting.

Some of those riders who hop into your vehicle just as you arrive might have been schooled by people like felicity in the past.

Yes his account was blocked so what happened? He has survived without them and still doing okay.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
omorkelly:
No need to panick. Only sure thing is that you will pay; how much?... depends on your attitude n negotiation power.
I encountered them today as well in front of nnpc station coming from cele inward okota.
There was traffic, so I maneuver my way to enter the station via the middle demac.
Unknowingly for me, they are in an oncoming towing van and they just blocked my car right there in the middle of the road.
My rider, a lady who sat at back was winning down the glass on their instructions but i quickly control it frm my side......
Conclusion; every move i made, their driver will closed me down, they tried to deflate my tyre but i kept jacking the car n turning my steering in all directions till i escaped from them: na so all the keke guys dey shout..... I was lucky cos i didnt believed i could escape...
James Bond con hijack my system for just 5mins.
Lagos is not for a Gentleman.
This is what I will do
grin
Just like the day I picked passenger in front of UBA bank marina, come see film.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3499) (3500) (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.