Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4758358 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) ... (5693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
141samuel:
you they turned yourself to mewbie every 2weeks

The hustle is meant to be a stop gap, grab what you can and move to something better.
The wear and tear on both car and your body is not good for a long period. That’s why I hail all the veterans that have been driving for the past 3 or 4yrs, I respect them so much.
Especially driving in Lagos

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
radautoworks:
come o... Where is nitigriti? He follow happy man go Switzerland?

Wait o.. Happy Repented Man don go Switzerland? What will now happen to his fishes and his cars?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kanoski:
so my one week block will end tomorrow,

it has been a very rough week i must say,but i still thank God.

my 1st blocking was for low acceptance rate,the other was for low star rating.

And as you all know, i have just one life line left which is one month blocking.

i just started this hustle last month n i av already been blocked twice.
both of which are out of ignorance if you ask me.

Even the bible says that"my people perish cus of lack of knowledge".

To this end,i am begging this honourable house to please advise n tell me the little trade secrets n tricks you all use to survive in this business without blocking.

please dont scroll without leaving a reply.
God bless you

If all the hints i give u no reach den e get as e b.

I gave you trade secrets of 2 years of experience for free cos i knew how u feel cos have bin there.

Work on those one i told u n in 2 weeks u will testify grin grin

If say u de lag e for sweet wella

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
Felicity001:

Actually that bridge becomes a one way once it's 3pm but its not in the law of the state so they can't win a case in court against you. Supposed your of a strong and stubborn mind like me I will tell them to charge me to court then when we get to court the magistrate will ask them to provide evidence and once they can't prove it under the law then the magistrate will throw out the case. You can even cash out by charging them illegal arrest and disruption of your business for days and weeks.

Stop begging them and stop doing like you're wrong, drag it with them... Why dint they put a sign? I have dragged it with them one time like that wgen they knew I wasn't giving in or opening my doors they just left one after tge other.

@accuse, if you follow this felicity advise na another "city" you go find yourself, wanted to pass the bridge after 3 today since I saw a danfo bus already heading there , i can pass for sure as per na we we but "Obedience is better than sacrifice". It's written there "no way after 3pm". Just negotiate with them, never allow them take charge of the steering, no matter what.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frubben(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
thank you guys, I have collected the car, after much negotiation back and forth Na 30k dem collect from my hand. am safely at home now . I go rest for driving small.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Resurgent2016: 6:49pm On Mar 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

Sorry man...that road is one-way from 3pm prepare to part with big big bucks.
If anybody has a Link pls help...make them no auction the guy car abeg

I doubt they can win the case in court, on what basis is the road a 1-way street by 3? any road sign to indicate? any warden to direct drivers so?

As someone not familiar with the area, how am I to know an otherwise dual way becomes 1-ways by 3 pm?

If I say pursuing 5-star makes some drivers timid, some people will say it is necessary to make a living.

I have driven on BRT lane and on sighting lastma, I moved to the main way. When they stopped me and threatened to take me to their office. I denied right there and then I had ever used the BRT lane and asked them to produce evidence that I ever did pass the road. If they can prove I did, I will accompany them to their office. After, causing like 10 mins traffic, they had to let me go because they definitely could not win the case. Immediately my case was resolved , they brought out their phone to snap anyone else passing the BRT lane.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
Felicity001:

Actually that bridge becomes a one way once it's 3pm but its not in the law of the state so they can't win a case in court against you. Supposed your of a strong and stubborn mind like me I will tell them to charge me to court then when we get to court the magistrate will ask them to provide evidence and once they can't prove it under the law then the magistrate will throw out the case. You can even cash out by charging them illegal arrest and disruption of your business for days and weeks.

Stop begging them and stop doing like you're wrong, drag it with them... [b]Why dint they put a sign?[/b]I have dragged it with them one time like that wgen they knew I wasn't giving in or opening my doors they just left one after tge other.

There's a sign actually but it's too small for someone who doesn't ply that route often to see.
That's one thing i dislike about driving on the mainland, people must have seen him driving towards the Bridge and ignored him.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mboi: 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
Well done guys... God will bless all the guys here for all your genuine hustles, good informations and all advises you guys are giving out.
Guys I want ask, what's the difference between 2007 Honda Civic American specification and the European specification.
I heard the European spec is expensive to maintain and also highly problematic.
I want to hear from our guys who have good experience with these vehicles.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mboi: 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
Mboi:
Well done guys... God will bless all the guys here for all your genuine hustles, good informations and all advises you guys are giving out.
Guys I want ask, what's the difference between 2007 Honda Civic American specification and the European specification.
I heard the European spec is expensive to maintain and also highly problematic.
I want to hear from our guys who have good experience with these vehicles.
The blue is European Spec while this ash is American Spec.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 8:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

There's a sign actually but it's too small for someone who doesn't ply that route often to see.
That's one thing i dislike about driving on the mainland, people must have seen him driving towards the Bridge and ignored him.

Naija na complete joke.
How would some one that is not familiar with that place be looking out for a one way sign on a bridge that is well demarcated in the middle ?
I don live for that area before and I can tell you for free, that place na cash cow for government.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
radautoworks:
come o... Where is nitigriti? He follow happy man go Switzerland?

Good evening ma'am. I'm actually fine, still in Lagos, Nigeria. I'm always online on a low-key reading and catching up.

Thanks for asking.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
Gentlelife50:

This is what I will do
grin
Just like the day I picked passenger in front of UBA bank marina, come see film.

Give us gist joor
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
tojahh:

Call me newbie and watch Lastma seize ya vehicle grin

To jah na NEWBIE. U dey wait your latsma
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
2004 Toyota Camry available at give away price.

Distress sale (1.4m last price)

Will get pictures when I visit tomorrow.

Little repairs to carry out (Nigerian used)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pleasureosondu(m): 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
IFSHR:

Bro, toks first grade na 1.9m o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2021
pleasureosondu:
Bro, toks first grade na 1.9m o

So?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jide4lagos(m): 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2021
Camry 2007 for sale. Price: 1.5m. Location: Ketu
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2021
IFSHR:

With little repairs
Nigeria used
Distress Sales

Sorry sir... 1.4m shouldn't be the last price as indicated. Toks is about 1.9 - 2.4m

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:06pm On Mar 19, 2021
Rider we enter car and put on face mask, her phone will ring and she will remove her mask to communicate, adjust it again after call, I'm not understanding all these things again undecided

But wetin my eyes see for Indriver today, smh grin jejely I was sleeping at chevron when this request entered to Victoria crest 2, I gave her 1k and she accepted, the tot of just do the trip, if it's pick up from the destination, won't u go? That's how I went to Bera estate to pick this girl. My mistake was not checking map before pick up, since it's 3pm, I tot d road won't b dat bad, on getting to the traffic light to hit the express, I check the map and saw 40 something min, with 37 mins traffic cheesy immediately I got to the filling station at southen view estate, I check my coming out of dream world road and saw it even worst, I form overheating straight. Pardon my gesture, just can't bleed blood in the name of tears on 1k. Rider said she doesn't have 100 naira, she would have jump byke, I gave her 200 straight and ask her to forget paying me grin nah me go carry rider, nah me still pay her grin Indriver!

That's how I start acting movie today, open bonnet, lagosians and itk, one person don rush go bring water, "ha! Overheating ni", I'm just looking at them till d girl hop on the bike, I find my route to Ikota... but sometin happened today, as I was trying to find my way to Ikota, that's how I saw dis Jamaican rice is sold here wit 2face billboard holding trophy, my mind come start to deh play tricks on me, if I should use the 6k I made since morning carry straight Jamaican rice and use the trophy to do alignment. Someone should pls help me beg madam rad to please shift d sign post inside small, d tin is causing obstruction and jamming straight thinking.

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
pope191:
Rider we enter car and put on face mask, her phone will rang and she will remove her mask to communicate, adjust it again after call, I'm not understanding all these things again undecided

But wetin my eyes see for Indriver today, smh grin jejely I was sleeping at chevron when this request entered to Victoria crest 2, I gave her 1k and she accepted, the tot of just do the trip, if it's pick up from the destination, won't u go? That's how I went to Bera estate to pick this girl. My mistake was not checking map before pick up, since it's 3pm, I tot d road won't b dat bad, on getting to the traffic light to hit the express, I check the map and saw 40 something min, with 37 mins traffic cheesy immediately I got to the filling station at southen view estate, I check my coming out of dream world road and saw it even worst, I form overheating straight. Pardon my gesture, just can't bleed blood in the name of tears on 1k. Rider said she did not have 100 naira, she would have jump byke, I gave her 200 straight and ask her to forget paying me grin nah me go carry rider, nah me still pay her grin Indriver!

That's how I start acting movie today, open bonnet, lagosians and itk, one person don rush go bring water, "ha! Overheating ni", I'm just looking at them till d girl hop on the bike, I find my route to Ikota... but sometin happened today, as I was trying to find my way to Ikota, that's how I saw dis Jamaican rice is sold here wit 2face billboard holding trophy, my mind come start to deh play tricks on me, if I should use the 6k I made since morning carry straight Jamaican rice and use the trophy to do alignment. Someone should pls help me beg madam rad to please shift d sign post inside small, d tin is causing obstruction and jamming straight thinking.

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
tojahh:

With little repairs
Nigeria used
Distress Sales

Sorry sir... 1.4m shouldn't be the last price as indicated. Toks is about 1.9 - 2.4m

Last price sir. 1.4m.... thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
Finally if u see anyone that's struggling with losing weight, tell them to register with uber instead of gym house. Culled from experience

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pleasureosondu(m): 12:39am On Mar 20, 2021
tojahh:

With little repairs
Nigeria used
Distress Sales

e b like say him no no d meaning of distress sale. And he wan begin attack me o. And repairs join am too. Meaning say after I buy at 1.4m, repairs( especially body work) fit chop extra 100k- 200. That's roughly 1.6m for refurbished Nigerian used and toks na 1.9m. Except him see one Namibian mugu, no sane Nigerian go buy am. Make we dey fear God o

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:06am On Mar 20, 2021
Felicity001:

Stop begging them and stop doing like you're wrong, drag it with them... Why dint they put a sign? I have dragged it with them one time like that wgen they knew I wasn't giving in or opening my doors they just left one after tge other.

Which law of the state again Feli feli...na u write the state law...they say road is one way, there is a sign there, u say its not in the law of the state.

They catch u inside one-way road, which evidence are u asking for again. Okay go n pass there, when they stop u, open ur door for them and tell them let's go to court.
Even one way wey no get sign people are paying 100k to get their cars back.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:28am On Mar 20, 2021
Resurgent2016:

I doubt they can win the case in court, on what basis is the road a 1-way street by 3? any road sign to indicate? any warden to direct drivers so?

As someone not familiar with the area, how am I to know an otherwise dual way becomes 1-ways by 3 pm?

If I say pursuing 5-star makes some drivers timid, some people will say it is necessary to make a living.

I have driven on BRT lane and on sighting lastma, I moved to the main way. When they stopped me and threatened to take me to their office. I denied right there and then I had ever used the BRT lane and asked them to produce evidence that I ever did pass the road. If they can prove I did, I will accompany them to their office. After, causing like 10 mins traffic, they had to let me go because they definitely could not win the case. Immediately my case was resolved , they brought out their phone to snap anyone else passing the BRT lane.

U guys just have power and mouth behind screen and keypad. When e happen now una go dey shake like leave.

There is a sign there, but u will not reason it since its a well paved and demarcated road, probably the only periodical one way road (3pm to 12midnight) in Nigeria. Ignorance is no excuse brov, and the law of the land says u forfeit ur vehicle if u pass one-way. Even when there is no sign, d law will still take its course or u part with ur cash. I don't know which law again u n Felicity are referring to. Abi una want make them put am for Nigerian constitution? grin

They let u go because they don't have evidence, and u didn't allow them inside ur car, but dont let them catch u inside one way road or at the tail end of the road, even if u don't open ur door towing van is coming to tow u and d car. This one no be by gragra. Smartness helps but not in all cases, sometimes it will put u into more trouble. Like that man caught driving one-way on Oshodi-Airport Road bridge, on trying to escape, he hit a police man and sent the man tumbling down from up the bridge to the ground...that's double wahala.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:35am On Mar 20, 2021
frubben:
thank you guys, I have collected the car, after much negotiation back and forth Na 30k dem collect from my hand. am safely at home now . I go rest for driving small.

Kpele jare...we learn and we meeuve
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 5:39am On Mar 20, 2021
Jagophics:
Good evening everyone,
Pls I am a young guy trying to make a living for my self, I intend going into this Uber business, I planned buying my own car but my budget is 800k, I have been saving this money for a long time.

Pls I need advice on the following
1. car to purchase
2. Things to look out for when purchasing a car
3. Is the Uber/bolt business still profitable
4. General advise about the hustle

Plsss
it might not be the best business out there.

But its a good one,

i am also a young man and this business works perfectly for me.
it gives me time for my studies n other stuffs.

800k can get you a clean honda city or civic even though i will still advice you get a corolla cus of it ruggedity .
be that as it may,make sure you go with a go technician for inspection b4 the purchase

wish you all the best

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:45am On Mar 20, 2021
InfinityEstates:

grin grin grin grin

I need to move it more. It's still not doing it's job grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:50am On Mar 20, 2021
BAZ001:

Thank you for this news.
Trip did not happen but he was reported.
Just see the extent riders can go? Copying and pasting a drivers name and plate number cos he arrived and canceled. Bolt didn’t charge for canceling yet he went to social media.
Drivers suffer more in this hustle.
Imagine if that was a driver that exposed rider online. They will say confidentiality and bla bla

Are you serious?! Is this coming from you? I though you want drivers to a.ss lick riders. Can you see that most of these riders don't deserve any good treatment whatsoever?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:56am On Mar 20, 2021
Bammzzie:

Thanks for this info bro, tho the man is still pricing it down to 50k but I'm standing on 70k

I hope you didn't embark on that trip. 70k is managing self, mind you, you've to budget for accommodation, feeding and unforeseen circumstances and when you return you've to also change oil. The life spam of Your shock absorber Will definitely reduce.

3 passenger's for N50k? Direct them to ifesinachi transport at jibowu let them use luxury bus.

Wicked people.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:57am On Mar 20, 2021
BAZ001:

Chaiii you think na Lori iro grin

How do I confirm this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) ... (5693) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Doris4ever(m), seun289(m), konkoabove and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.