Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,111 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4763537 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chazleeray(m): 12:09am On Mar 22, 2021
dru23:

You doing good my brother.. The only thing I will say is try to accept more trips and bring down ur not accepting trip to more like 10% rate.. It is not easy I know coz u want to avoid bad roads ....

You doing well so far keep it up ....

There are no jobs out there my brother.. Uber is saving lifes and putting food on the table for many....try to avoid getting blocked by them .. If you decline to many trips you will be on ur way been blocked.....

Thanks a lot bro, you're correct.
I now understand better
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chazleeray(m): 12:13am On Mar 22, 2021
Crvrider:

You did okay on your first time out. But what where the challenges you had?
My biggest challenge was relying too much on me google maps and helped me really well, Though i was kind of Lucky because i always vibe well with my rider's.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TUBLEZ(m): 12:16am On Mar 22, 2021
My ac cools so well in the morning and at night but small sun like dis it won't cool , I hv been wondering what could be the cause....my ogas in the house
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chazleeray(m): 12:17am On Mar 22, 2021
pope191:

Well u r doing boss...
Says my "pontiff"�

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chazleeray(m): 12:22am On Mar 22, 2021
Duke111:

Good one bruv, focus more on incoming trips alert and shuffle the trip to complete and avoid declining and cancelling trips.

Ensure u put your eyes more on the road and look out for traffic signs to avoid LasTma.

Be very Careful at lagos island more than any place in Lagos as a whole, if u want to pick up ride or drop off rider always use oando or any filling station around till u master d road in Lagos island i.e balogun.

Continue with the good vibes you are giving to riders n also be ready for the worst riders.

Don’t forget to shuttle this platform every hour to get updates and share ur experience.

Peace

Chat me on 0eight030eighteight30one2 incase u need any assistance of any sought

Wow, Thanks for this advice.
I'd chat you up

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chazleeray(m): 12:32am On Mar 22, 2021
TUBLEZ:
My ac cools so well in the morning and at night but small sun like dis it won't cool , I hv been wondering what could be the cause....my ogas in the house

I think it's normal for most cars, Ac works best in morning and evening hours, but when the sun sets much in the afternoon, the Ac Flow reduces

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TUBLEZ(m): 12:41am On Mar 22, 2021
Chazleeray:

I think it's normal for most cars, Ac works best in morning and evening hours, but when the sun sets much in the afternoon, the Ac Flow reduces
my rider complained bitterly today i know 1 star sure for me ,I just parked and chilled somewhere to start work again ard 6pm then it cools well again,same thing yesterday even me can feel it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 2:18am On Mar 22, 2021
Chazleeray:

No it's not normal. There's an issue somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:39am On Mar 22, 2021
TUBLEZ:
When you're in the sun and your AC is not cooling as it should, rev the car for like 10 secs. If it cools then your compressor is probably weak and not pumping well.

Thats the only one I know.. from my own experience
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:43am On Mar 22, 2021
Chazleeray:
Abeg my people i Just start my own hustle on Saturday and i still dey learn. The way that Bell dey ring ehhhh, was fast and seems i didn't accept 2trips but all my rider's were happy with me.
Below is my dashboard, kindly assist with few advice. I would be grateful please
@felcity001 @kanuisagoat @pope191 @duke111 @ chucsmoore @omorkelly @infinityestates @pearl1910 @tojahh @IFHSR @Crvrider @Izzou @dru23 @eyino @BAZ001 @Northbird...etc...

Well-done Sir... But watch out for that "U did not accept" I think it rings long enough, so if u r missing trips, ur phone might be the culprit. U are already at the maximum range allowed.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:10am On Mar 22, 2021
Felicity001:

Its okay not an issue at all.

Its also okay to learnt through the hard way.

Meanwhile, I have been watching Bolt closely with this there complete 25trip at 10%/8% Commission. I've come to discover Bolt is the biggest scam of the 21st century.

Attached bellow is a screen shot of my earning. Looking at Sunday earning and net you'd notice there is not form of 10% commission charhes buy still the usual 20%. Or I'm I the one mistaken here?

A 20% Commission is supposed to be N2,660... But I completed 25trips since friday so my Commission at 10% is supposed to be N1330 therefore making my net N11,970+500 bonus =12,470... But this guys charged 20% and added the N500 bonus.

I'm even wondering what they mean by the word bonus. because the last rider i carried today had a bonus on her trip, the trip ended N1,700 but i was ask to collect N1,200 so how is the 5h a bonus to me

Ha God! Abeg run am for me make I leave this hustle for something far far far better 200times!

Bolt no cheat u o...all those calculations are computerised...sometimes it may take a while to reflect on ur dash and when it does, it is accurate to d last kobo.
If u insist they cheated u, show proof, lets see the challenge, number of trips completed, when u completed it I.e when u started enjoying the discounted commission. From ur earnings, it means u completed the challenge either the last trip on Saturday or on Sunday cos the bonus is adding to your Sunday earnings. If u can calculate total earnings since u completed the challenge, that's d easiest way to determine if the reduced commission is correctly calculated.

Also, all discounts to riders are added to ur earnings like card trips not like bonus. If u look at it properly u will understand it better.

Your eyes dey chook for money grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 141samuel: 5:24am On Mar 22, 2021
First time am seeing customer given tips from the app

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:35am On Mar 22, 2021
TUBLEZ:

One of three things,
1. Your gas is excess and compressor can't work well.
2. You have a leak and gas is too low to chill the car when weather is hot.
3. One of the component part of the AC is giving way. Compressor, condenser, dryer, evaporator, blower.

Take ur car to a good technician that has the gauge instrument that measures quantity of gas in d system and exact amount to reduce it by or fill it with as d case may be. If the gas is in the right amount then one of the component parts is d culprit.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 6:40am On Mar 22, 2021
TUBLEZ:
Flush your condenser, if problem still persist go to a technician that uses vaccum pump, flush the system, vaccum and refill back.The vaccum pump removes water and moisture which reduce effiency of the ac. Most time overcharging the system also cause theses issue.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shanid(m): 6:48am On Mar 22, 2021
Felicity001:

If I'm to ask, whats the recommended tire spec for this car?

The only thing you changed here is the width(wideness; 205) of your tire nothing more and what this means is that the car wI'll lose some stability when compared to the former tires (205).
thank you so much, I got 205,65,15..looks good ,fair ground clearance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:14am On Mar 22, 2021
TUBLEZ:

Change your filter.

I clean mine monthly.
And change every 3months.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 7:19am On Mar 22, 2021

Don't run the risk of buying used cars/Toks with costly hidden problems

Know what you're buying before it's too late.

Avoid that mistake before you buy!

Major accident damage? Flood damage? Odometer Fraud? Avoid making a potentially costly mistake when buying a used/tokunbo car. Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 and minimize your risk.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 141samuel: 7:24am On Mar 22, 2021
Kanoski:

it might not be the best business out there.

But its a good one,

i am also a young man and this business works perfectly for me.
it gives me time for my studies n other stuffs.

800k can get you a clean honda city or civic even though i will still advice you get a corolla cus of it ruggedity .
be that as it may,make sure you go with a go technician for inspection b4 the purchase

wish you all the best

, I don't think good Honda Civic/city of that amount they (#800k), if you can help a me get with that price halla me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by freshvine(f): 7:40am On Mar 22, 2021
Felicity001:

Car maintenance after trip to and from to Anambra State to be 5k??!!!

The last oil change alone i did 3days back I spent about 10k

Mobile is now N5800 (palm oil own oo) that's what my partner uses.
Plus 1ltr extra cos car is V6.
Filter 1k
Workamsnhip 3k.
That's about 12k self.

Please you use a V6 for E hailing is it profiting?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:12am On Mar 22, 2021
TUBLEZ:
my rider complained bitterly today i know 1 star sure for me ,I just parked and chilled somewhere to start work again ard 6pm then it cools well again,same thing yesterday even me can feel it
Your compressor
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:30am On Mar 22, 2021
dru23:

You doing good my brother.. The only thing I will say is try to accept more trips and bring down ur not accepting trip to more like 10% rate.. It is not easy I know coz u want to avoid bad roads ....

You doing well so far keep it up ....

There are no jobs out there my brother.. Uber is saving lifes and putting food on the table for many....try to avoid getting blocked by them .. If you decline to many trips you will be on ur way been blocked.....

Don’t be pessimistic about jobs in Lagos.
This phrase almost paralyzed my hope in getting Job then.
No job no job people will be suffering and smiling dying cos of fear of loosing a job or getting a better job. Thank you for adding dt dis hustle na to put food on table and maintain. I no even understand how married drivers pay school fees, house rent and save to buy car with dis 700 naira trips everywhere. I dey d hustle so I’m not talking down, but stop saying words like no job anywhere. We have so many graduates on the platform dt have stopped sending cv or looking for jobs, cos of statements like this. it happened to me when I saw advert dt I can net 350k every month na God quickly intervene, I drive morning n night looking for 350k net every month end. The hustle helped me well and it’s still helping me.
In a nutshell let’s continue to hustle and keep hope alive. With God all things are possible

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:45am On Mar 22, 2021
BAZ001:

No job no job people will be suffering and smiling dying cos of fear of loosing a job or getting a better job. Thank you for adding dt dis hustle na to put food on table and maintain. I no even understand how married drivers pay school fees, house rent and save to buy car with dis 700 naira trips everywhere. I dey d hustle so I’m not talking down, but stop saying words like no job anywhere. We have so many graduates on the platform dt have stopped sending cv or looking for jobs, cos of statements like this. it happened to me when I saw advert dt I can net 350k every month na God quickly intervene, I drive morning n night looking for 350k net every month. The hustle helped me well and it’s still helping me.
In a nutshell let’s continue to hustle and keep hope alive. With God all things are possible

My brother the bottom line is ... .. Things are tough for everyone for those that are not stealing from the government.. Tougher for people importing things.. Cost of clearing containers has gone up ....cost of parts has gone up the roof.. Trucking your container now is 1.4m naira as of last week .. This was around 140k naira before the port congestion . And exchange rate is not looking pretty at all ..

For now I can't import any goods until things get better at the port.. So the economy is not looking sexy at all .....

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:09am On Mar 22, 2021
Felicity001:

Its okay not an issue at all.

Its also okay to learnt through the hard way.

Meanwhile, I have been watching Bolt closely with this there complete 25trip at 10%/8% Commission. I've come to discover Bolt is the biggest scam of the 21st century.

Attached bellow is a screen shot of my earning. Looking at Sunday earning and net you'd notice there is not form of 10% commission charhes buy still the usual 20%. Or I'm I the one mistaken here?

A 20% Commission is supposed to be N2,660... But I completed 25trips since friday so my Commission at 10% is supposed to be N1330 therefore making my net N11,970+500 bonus =12,470... But this guys charged 20% and added the N500 bonus.

I'm even wondering what they mean by the word bonus. because the last rider i carried today had a bonus on her trip, the trip ended N1,700 but i was ask to collect N1,200 so how is the 5h a bonus to me

Ha God! Abeg run am for me make I leave this hustle for something far far far better 200times!

Bros you no work for Monday , Wednesday and Saturday and you still net 38k ?
Oh sorry I don forget say you dey do interstate.
My bad

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shygon2(m): 9:10am On Mar 22, 2021
Hi fams
My nane is segun , an uber driver, Pls am in need of car to drive, I reside in ikorodu, I need either hp or weekly delivery, 08163046454 is my number
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:12am On Mar 22, 2021
dru23:

My brother the bottom line is ... .. Things are tough for everyone for those that are not stealing from the government.. Tougher for people importing things.. Cost of clearing containers has gone up ....cost of parts has gone up the roof.. Trucking your container now is 1.4m naira as of last week .. This was around 140k naira before the port congestion . And exchange rate is not looking pretty at all ..

For now I can't import any goods until things get better at the port.. So the economy is not looking sexy at all .....

I can’t agree less. That’s the simple truth.
Only the strong hearted will survive. Almost everybody I know wants to relocate from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 9:21am On Mar 22, 2021
BAZ001:

My bad

Na fuel he use no b water o ....so less that from the net.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:31am On Mar 22, 2021
BAZ001:

No job no job people will be suffering and smiling dying cos of fear of loosing a job or getting a better job. Thank you for adding dt dis hustle na to put food on table and maintain. I no even understand how married drivers pay school fees, house rent and save to buy car with dis 700 naira trips everywhere. I dey d hustle so I’m not talking down, but stop saying words like no job anywhere. We have so many graduates on the platform dt have stopped sending cv or looking for jobs, cos of statements like this. it happened to me when I saw advert dt I can net 350k every month na God quickly intervene, I drive morning n night looking for 350k net every month end. The hustle helped me well and it’s still helping me.

What is your argument now, is it that there are jobs or that e-hailing can't feed, pay rent and school fees?

Oga, there are no jobs... Very very few people are lucky to get jobs. And when I say job, its something commiserate with ur qualification and experience.

Yes, e-hailing pays rent, school fees, feeding and still save to improve your life. Just make 10k a day for 6days in a week and that's 60k in a week, which equals to 240k in a month. There are few jobs thay pay that much. If u earn 150k u r a "big boy" cos most graduate jobs now are between 60k and 100k.

I know there are jobs that pay as much as 500k to 1m in a month but they are infinitesimal compared to d number of people looking for jobs.

Like u said, with God, all things are possible, if u travel out, u will not need prayer to get a good job as far as u r qualified and u have ur papers. And if there where good jobs, u think graduates will prefer to drive full time rather than get good pay with less stress.

Am not saying people shouldn't aspire for greater things but the reality is e-hailing will establish u if u take it serious. And there are no jobs.
Ask yourself, if u resign from your job today, how long will it take u to get another job?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:39am On Mar 22, 2021
BAZ001:

My bad

If we talk now, una go say na audio...that's practically 38k in 3days work. Remove fuel for those 3days say 3k a day. And He has made 29k in 3days. Only God knows how much he has made offline or in the days he didn't work. But let's work with what we have. Which is 10k profit in a day

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 9:46am On Mar 22, 2021
BAZ001:

The hustle is meant to be a stop gap, grab what you can and move to something better.
The wear and tear on both car and your body is not good for a long period. That’s why I hail all the veterans that have been driving for the past 3 or 4yrs, I respect them so much.
Especially driving in Lagos
The job isn't meant to be done for soo long. Respect to the drivers on ehailing for the last 3 years. Its almost my 2 years and I developed some serious ailments. Moving onto greater things now sha.
#Peace

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:51am On Mar 22, 2021
chucsmoore:
l dont do Bolt or Uber anymore bro. Its strictly Indriver, i value my freedom alot.

Lol... This guy shall them ask you weather u do Indriver alone nigrin abeg na when u dey travel? I go like be your hand bag ogrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2021
Chazleeray:
Abeg my people i Just start my own hustle on Saturday and i still dey learn. The way that Bell dey ring ehhhh, was fast and seems i didn't accept 2trips but all my rider's were happy with me.
Below is my dashboard, kindly assist with few advice. I would be grateful please
@felcity001 @kanuisagoat @pope191 @duke111 @ chucsmoore @omorkelly @infinityestates @pearl1910 @tojahh @IFHSR @Crvrider @Izzou @dru23 @eyino @BAZ001 @Northbird...etc...

Its important to note that if your phone blue tooth is on you will not hear the ringing bell sound when there's an incoming request so you have to keep a close eyes not to miss any incoming request.

Should you not want to go on any trip, just accept it, arrive, wait for 5min then cancel. Or better still when the rider calls to ask "where are you?" Tell them "I'm in point "Z" grin no rider wants to wait for a driver for long to arrive they'll just cancel without being told.

This is the trick i use and it works wonders.

Take for instance rider is inside Unilag and going to Ikorodu or sango ota.
Me I'm on Unilag road which is like 1km to rider's PU.

I'll accept the trip if my statistics are bad.

Grin grin

R: where r u?
Me: I'm in Surulere o, i can even say I'm in Maryland.
R: ha! That's far from me na, don't worry I'll cancel, I can't wait, too far, but the app says you're 3min away na...

That's most of the response I get. They thereafter cancel without being told.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:27am On Mar 22, 2021
Chazleeray:

My biggest challenge was relying too much on me google maps and helped me really well, Though i was kind of Lucky because i always vibe well with my rider's.

Google is your friend[and this is the only phrase I find to be true, not the Nigerian police one], only with time you get to rely less and less of it once you get accustomed to the roads. But if you find that you are having challenges with finding your way just try and open up to the rider, a lot of them will be more than glad to direct you.

Driving in this hustle can quickly make you tensed if you don't hold it together: traffic, car issues, bad energy riders, police...

At all times try to be at peace with yourself. Take full responsibility of events as they unfold. Be calm and collected.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) (3510) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dy4life and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.