Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4767128 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3527) (3528) (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2021
i noticed that my car is more agile n drives more effortlessly at 6 pm when the sun is down.

who else has observed this n why is it so?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by an0daGuy: 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kanoski:
i noticed that my car is more agile n drives more effortlessly at 6 pm when the sun is down.

This is a problem in the making. If you ignore the symptoms of an overheating engine which your car is exhibiting you’d eventually have only yourself to blame.

Check your coolant level and fan speeds if you’re sure you have no leakages or a radiator with blocked fins.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
Felicity001:
Yes where that stupaid idiota, son of a rachieled fada and president of fuuls that called uber drivers zombies? Make him come meet me for area now now like this I like show am something when him papa no get working for 35yrs.

Noncense!!

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
an0daGuy:

This is a problem in the making. If you ignore the symptoms of an overheating engine which your car is exhibiting you’d eventually have only yourself to blame.

Check your coolant level and fan speeds if you’re sure you have no leakages or a radiator with blocked fins.
overheating kwa!!
my car is still on thermostat,
fan speed is normal,
i don't use coolant though,
no leakages in the radiator..
plus i just flushed my radiator on 3 days ago
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by an0daGuy: 1:18am On Apr 02, 2021
Kanoski:

overheating kwa!!
my car is still on thermostat,
fan speed is normal,
i don't use coolant though,
no leakages in the radiator..
plus i just flushed my radiator on 3 days ago

If your car is overheating it isn’t a must that your temp gauge will reach high levels, it may even be showing the usual temperature level but underneath the engine the temps might be slightly higher.

Thermostats fail. It takes time but they usually do. And when they do they either get stuck ‘open or closed’. If it failed and it’s stuck open your car won’t reach its stand operating temperature in the usual time while If it fails closed then your car will be overheating steadily.

Try to use a coolant for your radiator, any brand will do or distilled water. Coolants will ensure there’s no rust forming in your radiator fins overtime and your car won’t overheat easily because the chemicals in a regular coolant has an increased boiling point thereby making it harder for an issue with your engine to result in extreme overheating. Distilled water only stops rust. Rust is a big issue with auto radiators and far worse than leakages. Rust can’t be repaired.

You can’t be certain that your fan speeds are normal especially if you didn’t purchase the vehicle new. Fans run all through the mileage of the car (especially when you’re using ac) and this makes the fan’s motor weaken overtime. Your fan blades might be fine but the main machine that draws 12V from your battery to spin might be in need of a change or upgrade.

About not having leakages on your radiator it’s also possible that your radiator has an internal issue like clogged fins due to rust (from history of using regular water extensively) and a flush through the fins won’t do much because rust sticks to metal and those passages where they formed would already have been blocked. A flush is mostly effective for external radiator issues like mud, dust etc.

By the way does this happen only when you’re using your ac? What car is this?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:39am On Apr 02, 2021
BAZ001:

My weekend is fri - sat, I don’t drive on sundays
How many hours do you drive same as Nnamdi Kanuisagoat ? I will confirm next weekend maybe I’m down playing the car fuel consumption.
Though Once I net 15k I’m off for the day.
Net: is deducting 5k from net earnings on dashboard after app deduction.
What should I check in my car biko ?

This means u gross 24k/day on 5k fuel.
Thats 20k Net on dashboard.
Then u minus 5k fuel to have 15k Real Net.
So ur 5k fuel grosses 24k for u. Is this calculation right? If yes, then that's more like it.
I Was surprised when u said 5k fuel gives u 15k even with surge.

Omo, my full day work is 7am to like 10 or 11pm o. But sometimes the time doesn't really matter cos sometimes half day dey palache pass some full days sef. Some requests are waste of time, cos of the route and condition of the road, u can spend 30mins doing a N800 trip and another 30mins to reposition yourself while in another trip u can use 1hr to drive 4k, then get another 3k trip as soon as u finish it. Its just luck and sense. So I select trips and still meet my target on half days. If not for activity score and cancelation rate, I will not be going to some areas in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:46am On Apr 02, 2021
BAZ001:

grin grin grin net no be wetin u take home or net na wetin u see on your dashboard after app deduction?
Pls house what’s the definition of net with 5k fuel ?
1. Is it App Net (Net showing on Dashboard after App deduction )
or
2. Money in your pocket (after you minus fuel money from dashboard net )
Like I ve been saying what I see on dashboard is never in my account. It’s better for me to know how much I’m taking home as profit, rather than dashboard

Whichever one u say, u are kwarect...sha be explicit that its Net of commission and fuel.
But generally speaking Net is on dashboard cos u can't prove the fuel u used and again fuel consumption varies from car to car.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:48am On Apr 02, 2021
Kanoski:

Something is wrong with your car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 7:16am On Apr 02, 2021
Pls who knows the Rugglity of this Car (Toyota Vios 2010) in all Clarification Based on our Hustle or can it fit in or
compared with Toyotaa Corolla 2007

Grandmasters on this Hustle your wise Advise and experience is needed

need your expert advice in terms of:

1.Cost of Maintenance
2. Fuel Economy
3. Availability of Parts
4. Durability/Reliability/Ruggedness
5. Challenges
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2021
BAZ001:

grin grin grin net no be wetin u take home or net na wetin u see on your dashboard after app deduction?
Pls house what’s the definition of net with 5k fuel ?
1. Is it App Net (Net showing on Dashboard after App deduction )
or
2. Money in your pocket (after you minus fuel money from dashboard net )
Like I ve been saying what I see on dashboard is never in my account. It’s better for me to know how much I’m taking home as profit, rather than dashboard
As for me, I use 3 terms to define my earnings
1. Gross income - Total money made
2. Net income - Total money minus app commissions
3. Profit - Total money minus commission and fuel

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 8:00am On Apr 02, 2021
Kanoski:

This is so my car rightnow
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2021
deedee44:

As for me, I use 3 terms to define my earnings
1. Gross income - Total money made
2. Net income - Total money minus app commissions
3. Profit - Total money minus commission and fuel

How about food(sweet mouth), data, call card and other monies spent during the course of duty nko? Are they not supposed to be subtracted from gross earning?

Your real Net= Gross- (Commission + fuel + +airtime(data + call) + food + miscellaneous)

Miscelleneous: can include, gauging of your tires, buying of wiper, money given to beggars, securities, police, area boys, lasma, among others.

At the end of every week I carry out a rough calculation of all of these after paying my weekly rent to know how much I made for the week. But I stopped this like a month ago after my partner saw my record booklet inside my pegean hole that my weekly net was about 20k-30k alternatively, 2weeks after guy man called for increase in rentgrin me I just dropped his car for am straight no time. embarassed

This is a car I drove for straight 2-3months without him carrying out a single expenses on the car oh apart from buying 1 tire. Some partners can be very funny shall.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 9:09am On Apr 02, 2021
Good morning brothers please how many Hours do bolt take to reactivate re inspection. Since yesterday my account is still not active
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 9:34am On Apr 02, 2021
Felicity001:

How about food(sweet mouth), data, call card and other monies spent during the course of duty nko? Are they not supposed to be subtracted from gross earning?

Your real Net= Gross- (Commission + fuel + +airtime(data + call) + food + miscellaneous)

Miscelleneous: can include, gauging of your tires, buying of wiper, money given to beggars, securities, police, area boys, lasma, among others.

At the end of every week I carry out a rough calculation of all of these after paying my weekly rent to know how much I made for the week. But I stopped this like a month ago after my partner saw my record booklet inside my pegean hole that my weekly net was about 20k-30k alternatively, 2weeks after guy man called for increase in rentgrin me I just dropped his car for am straight no time. embarassed

This is a car I drove for straight 2-3months without him carrying out a single expenses on the car oh apart from buying 1 tire. Some partners can be very funny shall.

Never show your Financial statement to the world. People tend to give their own interpretations not knowing the sacrifices you made to arrive there. Even Banks and corperate Bodies don't display true Financial statements to the general public.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 9:41am On Apr 02, 2021
Duke111:
Good morning brothers please how many Hours do bolt take to reactivate re inspection. Since yesterday my account is still not active

guess is just 24hrs, did my on Monday but added the vehicle and uploaded the inspection report,so after 24hrs the former one was deleted and the new one activated,thou same car but different expiring date now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2021
Felicity001:

I don't calculate minor expenses like data and call credit. They're insignificant.
I can't remember the last time I guaged my tyres, so it's not a regular thing.
Food seriously? grin bros that one no follow cuz even days wey you no work you still dey chop

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:30am On Apr 02, 2021
Felicity001:

That's witchcraft, so he doesn't want u to make anything for yourself for all the hard work and stress?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2021
I remember posting The application last year. For those who applied. The processing has started.
Copied*

Federal Government on Thursday announced it has begun the selection process for applicants who indicated interest to be employed under the N-Power Batch C.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development Sadiya Farouq had last year announced that over five million applications were received.

The online application process, which began on Friday, June 26, 2020, closed at midnight on August 8th, 2020.

As part of measures to however make the selection process seamless and transparent, the minister has launched a portal, National Social Investment Management System (NASIMS) for ease of coordination, deployment and management.

She noted all applicants have been migrated onto the NASIMS platform, adding they would be required to undergo a mandatory online test as part of the selection process.

According to her, the Batch C programme will run for 12 months adding that each beneficiary will be paid a monthly stipend of N30,000.

The Minister also attributed the delay in the entire process to the outbreak of COVID-19.

ADVERTISEMENT
Speaking on why the portal was created, the minister said: “Based on the implementation experiences since 2016, and the impact of the Covid-19, these Social Intervention Programmes are undergoing a series of strategic realignment and restructuring with the view to optimise their operations, maximise their impacts and drive efficient coordination and management aimed to deliver even more socio-economic benefits to the poor and vulnerable.”

On the number of people that will be recruited, she said: “We have reached another milestone in the process of recruiting and onboarding of the Batch C N-Power beneficiaries beginning with 500,000 beneficiaries. The N-Power Batch C as launched today is structured to onboard one million new beneficiaries, beginning with an initial 500,000 beneficiaries in the first stream, and a subsequent 500,000 in a second stream, all aligned to the National policy drive of lifting 100 million people out of abject poverty in 10 years.

“To ensure transparency, institutional memory and dynamic impact assessment of the N-Power duster, it will now be administered through the National Social Investment & Information Management System (NASIMS) designed to optimise and complement the structural reforms of Social Investment Programs and other activities of the Ministry with the systemic use of ICT tools for coordination, administration, monitoring, and stakeholder management across the entire process and value chain of all social investment programmes under the purview of the Ministry.

“By commencing the administration of the N-Power Batch C through the National Social Investment & Information Management System (NASIMS), beneficiaries will be able to receive their stipends in a timely and efficient manner, have access to a wide range of industry-specific contents for optimised learning experience leveraging the enterprise learning management module of the NASIMS.”

She expressed optimism that the new platform will address issues and concerns witnessed in the past.

Highlighting some of the things expected of the applicants, she said: “As we launch the N-Power Batch C today, all N-Power Batch C applicants are required to log into the N-Power Self Service portal on www.nasims.gov.ng and update their records, following which they may proceed to take the mandatory online test in order to progress to the next level of selection. Further information on how to log into the portal will be sent via sms and email to Batch C applicants.

“It is worth noting that the selection process for the N-Power program is predicated on merit and equitable representation across all strata of the country. consequently, the processes and criteria for selection will ensure equitable regional as well as gender representation. Furthermore, special considerations for the inclusion of persons living with disabilities have been taken into account by the Ministry.

“In light of
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2021
deedee44:

I don't calculate minor expenses like data and call credit. They're insignificant.
I can't remember the last time I guaged my tyres, so it's not a regular thing.
Food seriously? grin bros that one no follow cuz even days wey you no work you still dey chop

So, at the end of each work week, you consumed 8000naira worth of food, 1000 naira airtime & 2GB worth of data (1200 naira), what account would you record it?
Felicity has given you a correct breakdown of how to calculate your earnings (Gross) & Net (income minus all expenditures incurred on the job).

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2021
abefeabebi:

guess is just 24hrs, did my on Monday but added the vehicle and uploaded the inspection report,so after 24hrs the former one was deleted and the new one activated,thou same car but different expiring date now

Thanks bruv I’ll wait till 24h
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deway52(m): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2021
chinyce:
I remember posting The application last year. For those who applied. The processing has started.
Copied*

Federal Government on Thursday announced it has begun the selection process for applicants who indicated interest to be employed under the N-Power Batch C.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development Sadiya Farouq had last year announced that over five million applications were received.

The online application process, which began on Friday, June 26, 2020, closed at midnight on August 8th, 2020.

As part of measures to however make the selection process seamless and transparent, the minister has launched a portal, National Social Investment Management System (NASIMS) for ease of coordination, deployment and management.

She noted all applicants have been migrated onto the NASIMS platform, adding they would be required to undergo a mandatory online test as part of the selection process.

According to her, the Batch C programme will run for 12 months adding that each beneficiary will be paid a monthly stipend of N30,000.

The Minister also attributed the delay in the entire process to the outbreak of COVID-19.

ADVERTISEMENT
Speaking on why the portal was created, the minister said: “Based on the implementation experiences since 2016, and the impact of the Covid-19, these Social Intervention Programmes are undergoing a series of strategic realignment and restructuring with the view to optimise their operations, maximise their impacts and drive efficient coordination and management aimed to deliver even more socio-economic benefits to the poor and vulnerable.”

On the number of people that will be recruited, she said: “We have reached another milestone in the process of recruiting and onboarding of the Batch C N-Power beneficiaries beginning with 500,000 beneficiaries. The N-Power Batch C as launched today is structured to onboard one million new beneficiaries, beginning with an initial 500,000 beneficiaries in the first stream, and a subsequent 500,000 in a second stream, all aligned to the National policy drive of lifting 100 million people out of abject poverty in 10 years.

“To ensure transparency, institutional memory and dynamic impact assessment of the N-Power duster, it will now be administered through the National Social Investment & Information Management System (NASIMS) designed to optimise and complement the structural reforms of Social Investment Programs and other activities of the Ministry with the systemic use of ICT tools for coordination, administration, monitoring, and stakeholder management across the entire process and value chain of all social investment programmes under the purview of the Ministry.

“By commencing the administration of the N-Power Batch C through the National Social Investment & Information Management System (NASIMS), beneficiaries will be able to receive their stipends in a timely and efficient manner, have access to a wide range of industry-specific contents for optimised learning experience leveraging the enterprise learning management module of the NASIMS.”

She expressed optimism that the new platform will address issues and concerns witnessed in the past.

Highlighting some of the things expected of the applicants, she said: “As we launch the N-Power Batch C today, all N-Power Batch C applicants are required to log into the N-Power Self Service portal on www.nasims.gov.ng and update their records, following which they may proceed to take the mandatory online test in order to progress to the next level of selection. Further information on how to log into the portal will be sent via sms and email to Batch C applicants.

“It is worth noting that the selection process for the N-Power program is predicated on merit and equitable representation across all strata of the country. consequently, the processes and criteria for selection will ensure equitable regional as well as gender representation. Furthermore, special considerations for the inclusion of persons living with disabilities have been taken into account by the Ministry.

“In light of

Getting pass mark on online test is not always easy, hire a machinery now to help you scale through with excellent pass mark. 75% and above is certain. Contain academteachinghub@gmail.com or call 07041453286.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deway52(m): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
Getting pass mark on online test is not always easy, hire a machinery now to help you scale through with excellent pass mark. 75% and above is certain. Contain academteachinghub@gmail.com or call 07041453286.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
This is one area Indriver is far better. You select where you want to go. And if you know how to strategise, you net close to 15k per day. I make that and even more than. Most times, I don't do more than 4 to 5 trips and good to go.
Pearl1910:

This means u gross 24k/day on 5k fuel.
Thats 20k Net on dashboard.
Then u minus 5k fuel to have 15k Real Net.
So ur 5k fuel grosses 24k for u. Is this calculation right? If yes, then that's more like it.
I Was surprised when u said 5k fuel gives u 15k even with surge.

Omo, my full day work is 7am to like 10 or 11pm o. But sometimes the time doesn't really matter cos sometimes half day dey palache pass some full days sef. Some requests are waste of time, cos of the route and condition of the road, u can spend 30mins doing a N800 trip and another 30mins to reposition yourself while in another trip u can use 1hr to drive 4k, then get another 3k trip as soon as u finish it. Its just luck and sense. So I select trips and still meet my target on half days. If not for activity score and cancelation rate, I will not be going to some areas in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
chinyce:

Never show your Financial statement to the world. People tend to give their own interpretations not knowing the sacrifices you made to arrive there. Even Banks and corperate Bodies don't display true Financial statements to the general public.
Very true... He actually stumbled into it while looking for something inside the car in my absence... I caught him flipping and and even taking pictures of it... Though I didn't say a word but he understood the look I gave him.

Pearl1910:

That's witchcraft, so he doesn't want u to make anything for yourself for all the hard work and stress?

Thats human for you only a few can control their greed and take human as equal with them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pharod(m): 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
Felicity001:

Very true... He actually stumbled into it while looking for something inside the car in my absence... I caught him flipping and and even taking pictures of it... Though I didn't say a word but he understood the look I gave him.

Thats human for you only a few can control their greed and take human as equal with them.

That's very wicked of him. I pity the next driver because he'll surely increase the weekly rent.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
Felicity001:

At the end of every week I carry out a rough calculation of all of these after paying my weekly rent to know how much I made for the week...
OJURONGBE1:

So, at the end of each work week, you consumed 8000naira worth of food, 1000 naira airtime & 2GB worth of data (1200 naira), what account would you record it?
Felicity has given you a correct breakdown of how to calculate your earnings (Gross) & Net (income minus all expenditures incurred on the job).
cool the only one I might exclude is food because that is a necessary expense either way

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
Felicity001:

@The stop dis week... Brah, I've gat nothing but love and want to see u progress, but I guess we are back to square 1 or how much have we been able to save? There's nothing like having ur own car as small as it may be, it is urs. It is not my fault, it is dis, it is dat, can't u see, I've done nothing less than offering my best, " If every everybody is crazy..."

Be mindful to the kind of clap you dance too, life! is like a game with no reset, days and years gone can not b taken back. Think about this #Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:10pm On Apr 02, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I said as for me. Every other thing I spend on are things I still spend on when I'm not working. These things are just around N300 daily so I overlook them

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 4:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
Felicity001:

bro exclude food from that list, person wey no get work sef dey chop na, i calculate my net just as deedee said only that i just put a figure as Miscellaneous probably like 5K in a week which covers my data and call cards and every other sweet mouth u can think off to get my final net

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Iskeelm(m): 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
no dissappointment
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
Just got brushed by a highlander, does not even have ordinary third party insurance and is begging.

Even if I drag am go police station, no how wey 5k no go commot for my pocket. That 5k go don even reach to paint the scratch.

Which kind wahala be this
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Just got brushed by a highlander, does not even have ordinary third party insurance and is begging.

Even if I drag am go police station, no how wey 5k no go commot for my pocket. That 5k go don even reach to paint the scratch.

Which kind wahala be this

Tell him to drop something, anyhow he must support the repair.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3527) (3528) (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.