Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4769966 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3558) (3559) (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
SenseBoy:
Chief longtime how's the hustle

Hustle is fine bro. Thanks smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AOB1: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
jaymejate:

So it becomes World of Advice
Haba una no go kill person for this thread grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AOB1: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
SenseBoy:
unto presido level
una too like trouble for this thread grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phargbemmy(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6511138/e-hailing-drivers-embark-indefinite#100877730

Read about the planned strike here. It starts from Monday 19th
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2021
BAZ001:

If I talk now they will say I sleep and wake here.
But in passing let me ask
1. Are you buying d car for personal use and then side hustle or
2. you buying car strictly for d hustle ?
3. Will you be driving or giving it out HP/Rentals?
If it’s strictly for the hustle 1.8m car in Lagos is too much. You will wait for 2yrs to start making profit and your car go don hear am.
I’ve done two trips dis morning one na off Itire road (surge) but[b] I cry for my car cos I no believe say roads like dt dey [/b]IKate side.
Runs girl no go send tokunbo car. By d time u start doing maintenance, hmmm

Lolz... terrible roads in the center of town.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatNiccur: 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
BAZ001:

If I talk now they will say I sleep and wake here.
But in passing let me ask
1. Are you buying d car for personal use and then side hustle or
2. you buying car strictly for d hustle ?
3. Will you be driving or giving it out HP/Rentals?
If it’s strictly for the hustle 1.8m car in Lagos is too much. You will wait for 2yrs to start making profit and your car go don hear am.
I’ve done two trips dis morning one na off Itire road (surge) but I cry for my car cos I no believe say roads like dt dey IKate side.
Runs girl no go send tokunbo car. By d time u start doing maintenance, hmmm

How does he have to wait for two years before he starts to make profit? Help me understand that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
milanseedorf:

For personal use and bolt as side hustle and am not in Lagos. Thanks

U can use any car u like if its for side hustle...what do u care?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
ThatNiccur:

How does he have to wait for two years before he starts to make profit? Help me understand that

The thinking is that he has not started making profit until he has gotten d capital back, and it will take him two years to make d roughly 2m he will put into d business. I think he is trying to discourage him from spending so much to get a car he wants to use for ehailing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
Phargbemmy:
https://www.nairaland.com/6511138/e-hailing-drivers-embark-indefinite#100877730

Read about the planned strike here. It starts from Monday 19th

Goatkanu food don done.
Anybody that go online on Monday on Uber /bolt is a big snitch. It’s better to join fast finger INDRIVER though but it will be nice if all drivers can take Monday off. After all you can net 55k without stress next week.
All partners should join too by forfeiting dis week remittance.
We go need drone to monitor dis strike ooh

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

The thinking is that he has not started making profit until he has gotten d capital back, and it will take him two years to make d roughly 2m he will put into d business. I think he is trying to discourage him from spending so much to get a car he wants to use for ehailing

Exactly. If I have 1.8m dt I’m not using... I will rather look into another business or be chupping 30k every week with peace of mind and praying for job or business. Before December I will get something better, rather than put it in dis hustle.
1. You will never be able to save 1.8m in 2yrs
2. You drive it urself ur life won’t remain dsame , you go lean and ur BP go high small (in Lagos )
3. You give it on HP/rentals : stories won’t let u sleep cos of bad drivers everywhere. You car will turn to lemon in 2yrs.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatNiccur: 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Truth is, at the end of two years or whatever time one makes the capital, the value of the car as at when capital is recouped, would be your profit.

If vehicle is in a good condition, vehicle can be resold maybe at half the price it was bought.

A very good maintenance culture should leave vehicle in top shape.

100k a month should amount to 2.4m in 24 months.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bobbiet(m): 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
Please, I've been trying to register on bolt app and I'm stock at this point trying to upload documents. What am I to do?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gharial: 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

No mind am...whats d relationship between inflation and how much people are earning? As if we were talking about quality of life. Or is it only Ehailing that d inflation affects?

That aside, people should learn to track back to find out how discussions start before contributing instead of jumping in midway to quote someone out of context or change d narrative.

O Level economics bro.

O Level tongue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
ThatNiccur:

Truth is, at the end of two years or whatever time one makes the capital, the value of the car as at when capital is recouped, would be your profit.

If vehicle is in a good condition, vehicle can be resold maybe at half the price it was bought.

But I wonder why people always think that way for cars for ehailing. When u want to start a trade/business u probably will rent a place for like 500k, furnish it then buy goods in d shop. U would have spent 1milion before u know it but nobody says u must make ur 1m back before u start counting ur profits, u start calculating ur profits from ur first sale, so why can't we look at a car for ehailing like that too. Your car may not be worth the amount u bought it, but its still a tangible amount anytime anyday...reason why u shouldn't spend too much in acquiring a car because ur income is kind of fixed/capped irrespective of the type/cost of d car.
Also, who says u must sell d car after 2yrs, care and maintainance is key, my first car is still in top shape after 5yrs

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
Gharial:

O Level economics bro.

O Level tongue

No sir, that wasn't the focus of the discussion...we weren't comparing earnings with standard of living so its skewed to bring in inflation and all what not...pls go back and check how d gist started and see if your contribution was necessary/relevant to the line of discussion.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ElenuParrot(m): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
Honestly, if I have N2m that I want to use for a business, I don't think E-Hailing is a very good idea. There are a number of businesses that can give me a ROI in a shorter period of time & with limited stress.
Even if I must do transportation business, there are other sub sectors of transportation that are more lucrative & profitable.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phargbemmy(m): 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
Some are gods but not God @JPWorld.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2021
ThatNiccur:

You can’t make or save 100k consistently in 2yrs without stories, downtime and unforeseen circumstances.

If your maintenance culture is top notch then you would have to spend a lot of money (from type of oils, to quality spare parts and gud kazeem)
And you can’t flog d car like Goatkanu and pearl1910.
You will reject trips to some destination cos of ur tokunbo car
You will get 1* from people going to bad street cos you will drop dem b4 d road ... blocking loading.

Just preparing d mind of intending investors/drivers. Cause some of dem will see 2.4m in 2yrs and will go take loan to start.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Phargbemmy:

What !!!

Dis old man no get small shame. No
small sense

[img]https://media1./images/c9871e568e065ec0bfa1d52a52de15c2/tenor.gif?itemid=13112899[/img]

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2021
this guys just kill my morale today after 2 rides. Ratings go just drop anyhow... Had to ask for reasons...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
Phargbemmy:

Union chairman. Mc oluomo. As if you're fighting for us. You're only fighting for your pocket.

Has the union started collecting contributions? Who is currently bankrolling the union?

That union you people form, use it to create your own uber/bolt, then bring a strategy that will send uber/bolt packing.

CHINA did it, Malaysia also and some other countries.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
IFEBARBIE:
this guys just kill my morale today after 2 rides. Ratings go just drop anyhow... Had to ask for reasons...

Don't worry yourself over rating, just continue driving and treat every rider right, your rating go still improve.

No dey over think this rating. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
jpworld:

Union chairman. Mc oluomo. As if you're fighting for us. You're only fighting for your pocket.

Has the union started collecting contributions? Who is currently bankrolling the union?

That union you people form, use it to create your own uber/bolt, then bring a strategy that will send uber/bolt packing.

CHINA did it, Malaysia also and some other countries.

Why did you now take it personal? If the fares increase won't you also increase your rent and get quicker ROI?
You sound like someone who enjoys watching others suffer

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
Thanks boss!
peeps4u:

Don't worry yourself over rating, just continue driving and treat every rider right, your rating go still improve.

No dey over think this rating. Good luck
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
deedee44:

Why did you now take it personal? If the fares increase won't you also increase your rent and get quicker ROI?
You sound like someone who enjoys watching others suffer

Are you not the people that brought Buhari.

Make una enjoy the sufferness, we are in it together.

Create your own uber/bolt then increase the rate, lets see if you succeed. Is Uber/bolt your government? If their condition not good, join another or create your own.

I have left this forum for you people in peace, stop quoting me so you guys can have enough growth.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
E be like say.. This thread is about to be toxic.
Cos something just creeped out of its shell.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
donfortune48:
E be like say.. This thread is about to be toxic.
Cos something just creeped out of its shell.
grin grin
No be una go wake the something

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
jpworld:

Are you not the people that brought Buhari.

Make una enjoy the sufferness, we are in it together.

Create your own uber/bolt then increase the rate, lets see if you succeed. Is Uber/bolt your government? If their condition not good, join another or create your own.

I have left this forum for you people in peace, stop quoting me so you guys can have enough growth.
Yes thank you for leaving, the air has been fresher grin
You hate drivers so much.. why would you hate people who put food on your table?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

What of the value of the car? It seems to me like people especially on this thread don't consider this when analysing returns on ehailing.

If I buy a 2m vehicle I can sell at 1.3-1.4m, I only need to make 600k to break even. Its that simple.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
BAZ001:

Goatkanu food don done.
Anybody that go online on Monday on Uber /bolt is a big snitch. It’s better to join fast finger INDRIVER though but it will be nice if all drivers can take Monday off. After all you can net 55k without stress next week.
All partners should join too by forfeiting dis week remittance.
We go need drone to monitor dis strike ooh

grin

I will be buying enough fuel tomorrow so I don't have any downtime at all on Monday.

Good luck on the fruitless venture though.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
BAZ001:

Exactly. If I have 1.8m dt I’m not using... I will rather look into another business or be chupping 30k every week with peace of mind and praying for job or business. Before December I will get something better, rather than put it in dis hustle.
1. You will never be able to save 1.8m in 2yrs
2. You drive it urself ur life won’t remain dsame , you go lean and ur BP go high small (in Lagos )
3. You give it on HP/rentals : stories won’t let u sleep cos of bad drivers everywhere. You car will turn to lemon in 2yrs.

You don't need to. The car has a value. That's why I maintain that contrary to what dru says, the civic is a wrong tool for the job.

If I get a 1.9m matrix, I will break even the day I make 600k net of all charges. This is because I can easily sell the vehicle at 1.3m.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
ThatNiccur:

Thank you.

First time I've seen someone point this out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3558) (3559) (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Pearl1910, Cyril009(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.