Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748185 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3559) (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) (3565) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2021
BAZ001:

You can’t make or save 100k consistently in 2yrs without stories, downtime and unforeseen circumstances.

If your maintenance culture is top notch then you would have to spend a lot of money (from type of oils, to quality spare parts and gud kazeem)
And you can’t flog d car like Goatkanu and pearl1910.
You will reject trips to some destination cos of ur tokunbo car
You will get 1* from people going to bad street cos you will drop dem b4 d road ... blocking loading.

Just preparing d mind of intending investors/drivers. Cause some of dem will see 2.4m in 2yrs and will go take loan to start.

Only people who want to get blocked get blocked for low ratings. I have said it before and will keep saying it. Even if I drive on bolt for 100 years, I can never be blocked.

I woke up this morning with a rating of 4.55. Here I am now grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

But I wonder why people always think that way for cars for ehailing. When u want to start a trade/business u probably will rent a place for like 500k, furnish it then buy goods in d shop. U would have spent 1milion before u know it but nobody says u must make ur 1m back before u start counting ur profits, u start calculating ur profits from ur first sale, so why can't we look at a car for ehailing like that too. Your car may not be worth the amount u bought it, but its still a tangible amount anytime anyday...reason why u shouldn't spend too much in acquiring a car because ur income is kind of fixed/capped irrespective of the type/cost of d car.
Also, who says u must sell d car after 2yrs, care and maintainance is key, my first car is still in top shape after 5yrs

The analogy is a little wrong. You can only compare vehicles bought for ehailing to someone who buys a shop.

Both the vehicle and shop are assets and they have a value. You can't just discount them when looking at your break even point.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Blackbishop:
B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

Cars Available

With average mileage and best you can get at a reasonable price. All in good shape

Camry 2007 V6 - 3.1mils
RX350 2011 Regular - 8.5mils
Ford Edge 2008 Limited Edition - 3.5mils
Camry 2013 - 3.6mils
Toyota Highlander Limited Edition 2004 - 3.6mils
I want the lexus grin grin....bro thanks for laying ur magic hand on my car , car works smoothly now

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
deedee44:

Yes thank you for leaving, the air has been fresher grin
You hate drivers so much.. why would you hate people who put food on your table?

I support the drivers 100% ....the cost of doing business has gone up .. Parts , exchange rate ,fuel etc all has gone up .. Few months ago I had to buy parts for my civic and it was crazy expensive........

If all the drivers can come together has 1 voice and demand that ehalling company increase their fare for the benefits of all the drivers ..

That will be great , but I know Naija people don't like to work together has 1 and sacrifice for the better goods.....

Fare increase is the only thing I support .. Any other demand apart from that the drivers are on their own ..some drivers even demanded health insurance , I think they are bitting more than they can chew on that 1

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
dru23:

I support the drivers 100% ....the cost of doing business has gone up .. Parts , exchange rate ,fuel etc all has gone up .. Few months ago I had to buy parts for my civic and it was crazy expensive........

If all the drivers can come together has 1 voice and demand that ehalling company increase their fare for the benefits of all the drivers ..

That will be great , but I know Naija people don't like to work together has 1 and sacrifice for the better goods.....

Fare increase is the only thing I support .. Any other demand apart from that the drivers are on their own ..some drivers even demanded health insurance , I think they are bitting more than they can chew on that 1

Funny enough, I actually think the fair is fare. Public transport is ridiculously cheap in this country.

What I actually find disturbing is the 20,25% commission.
Those guys driving on uber are the real mvp. For every N5000 they make, uber takes N1250. Can you imagine that.

I'm curious though, do they charge the same 25% commission outside the country?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:51am On Apr 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Funny enough, I actually think the fair is fare. Public transport is ridiculously cheap in this country.

Those guys driving on uber are the real mvp. For every N5000 they make, uber takes N1250. Can you imagine that.

U do have a point ... I think their commission is high .... The question is would the drivers prefer e hailling companies to reduce their commission or increase their fare ........

My city in the USA uber is actually doing very well compare to other cities .. My city is profitable for drivers. I don't know the exact commission uber collects in the USA ..... But I know that drivers usually work long hours to make $1k or more in week .....

My friend that does uber in my city stated that "yes" you can make money doing uber . but u have to put in the hours etc ... He makes close to $2k week .. But he will be responsible for filing his own taxes from his earnings .. This $2k is after uber takes their Commission .......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:17am On Apr 18, 2021
IFEBARBIE:
this guys just kill my morale today after 2 rides. Ratings go just drop anyhow... Had to ask for reasons...
. Bolt is not to be trusted. Forget the jargons they are telling U. Rating on Bolt is being manipulated by the system they put in place. Riders rating of drivers only has 30% effect.

When I was still very active on their platform, I found out 3 major things that keep rating high.

1. Never decline any Card trip: that is where they cash out.

2. Accept and do all trips going to good, bad and forbidden places

3. Kiss riders ass, dance to their tune, let them control you and order u around.

If drivers adhere to these 3 Major rules, rating will never be an issue at all.

But I thank God for INdriver. wink I am free like a bird. Mobolowowon !!! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:28am On Apr 18, 2021
My last rating on Bolt

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:15am On Apr 18, 2021
dru23:

Thank you...

Exposure is good,
Some people can’t think outside d box, just one way traffic. Myopic and selfish.

No be person be dis

[img]https://media1./images/31864e88aeb89280da11f782b145cc57/tenor.gif?itemid=12829177[/img][/quote]

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:34am On Apr 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Fair enough ?
How can you compare E-hailing to public transport dt uses 1984 cars packing people like sardines.
You go to the front of their house wait for minutes to pick 4 people from surulere to Unilag and fare is 700. With your AC on and bags in booth. And they can still do fake transfers. You call that fair ?
Yellow taxi will calculate per head and extra money for luggage, put off engine inside traffic n hot sun.

Same way you said remitting 25k weekly is cheating of partners who do maintenance of car.
Must driver suffer to make even ?

[img]https://media1./images/a1c69edd6a129711109375ca99c3c70c/tenor.gif?itemid=20852679[/img][/quote]

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:52am On Apr 18, 2021
ThatNiccur:

Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Truth is, at the end of two years or whatever time one makes the capital, the value of the car as at when capital is recouped, would be your profit.

If vehicle is in a good condition, vehicle can be resold maybe at half the price it was bought.

A very good maintenance culture should leave vehicle in top shape.

100k a month should amount to 2.4m in 24 months.

On paper, everything looks so smooth, but let's look at reality, 25k rental for 96 straight weeks, non stop!.No room/ factor for contingencies

I carried a man who once had 5 corrolas put out for rent. He told me he had to sell everything, never made a profit.

He told me that the last corrolla he bought ( that tipped him off the cliff of E-hailing) ,

just in a space of 2 months he gave the driver, the car was almost a wreck, in his words : " when I saw my car, I felt like shedding tears"

As Baz 001 said, I`d rather be chupping grin my money 30k weekly with rest of mind than put 1.8 Milla on E-hailing, the fares r really shitty.

I duff my hat for any fleet manager out there.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:54am On Apr 18, 2021
BAZ001:

Fair enough ?
How can you compare E-hailing to public transport dt uses 1984 cars packing people like sardines.
You go to the front of their house wait for minutes to pick 4 people from surulere to Unilag and fare is 700. With your AC on and bags in booth. And they can still do fake transfers. You call that fair ?
Yellow taxi will calculate per head and extra money for luggage, put off engine inside traffic n hot sun.

Same way you said remitting 25k weekly is cheating of partners who do maintenance of car.

[img]https://media1./images/a1c69edd6a129711109375ca99c3c70c/tenor.gif?itemid=20852679[/img]

Again cost of parts has gone up .. any driver that his paying 25k weekly and partner does 100% maintenance . that driver is very lucky .. Again that driver is very lucky....

I know how much I spend for parts for my Civic .... The cost of parts as hit roof ..... ...lucky for me if you get quality parts for the civic and get a mechanic that knows what he/ she is doing .. Than your maintenance cost will be low ......

The Civic was design from the start has a low cost maintenance car ........my brother cost of parts has gone up ......

Below is my last repair done a month ago.......hopefully I wouldn't have to worry about anymore repairs for now .. Just the basic oil change .......

Ps .. Even the cost of engine oil has gone up ... Even though I do import engine oil to sell .... I do charge the cost to my uber fleet .. That cost is nothing less than 20k naira. Especially if am using Mobil 1 extended performance.......

Am hoping to lower that cost by bringing in an alternative to Mobil ... As a business man am always looking for ways to trim the "fat" .... I can't no longer afford 20k plus oil anymore ........So a great alternative is on the way and am guarantee it will save me money

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:31am On Apr 18, 2021
northbird:

On paper, everything looks so smooth, but let's look at reality, 25k rental for 96 straight weeks, non stop!.No room/ factor for contingencies

I carried a man who once had 5 corrolas put out for rent. He told me he had to sell everything, never made a profit.

He told me that the last corrolla he bought ( that tipped him off the cliff of E-hailing) ,

just in a space of 2 months he gave the driver, the car was almost a wreck, in his words : " when I saw my car, I felt like shedding tears"

As Baz 001 said, I`d rather be chupping grin my money 30k weekly with rest of mind than put 1.8 Milla on E-hailing, the fares r really shitty.

I duff my hat for any fleet manager out there.

Most owners don't know how to manage their cars .. A lot of them hire drivers without doing due diligence. A lot are using the wrong cars for the job .......I blame the partner for the collapse of the business .. All hands must be on deck if u want to succeed........

And have been saying this from the day .. Corolla is too expensive for the job .. It does not make sense using corolla .. It cost too much and it is over price regardless if it is tokunbo or not ........

Even if you buy naija used corolla for e hailling ... It is still expensive.. And most naija cars are abused especially the corolla .. So in the long run u are running at a lost .. Coz that naija used corolla u will end up pumping money for repairs .....

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:23am On Apr 18, 2021
dru23:

U do have a point ... I think their commission is high .... The question is would the drivers prefer e hailling companies to reduce their commission or increase their fare ........

My city in the USA uber is actually doing very well compare to other cities .. My city is profitable for drivers. I don't know the exact commission uber collects in the USA ..... But I know that drivers usually work long hours to make $1k or more in week .....

My friend that does uber in my city stated that "yes" you can make money doing uber . but u have to put in the hours etc ... He makes close to $2k week .. But he will be responsible for filing his own taxes from his earnings .. This $2k is after uber takes their Commission .......

Personally, what they should reduce is the commission and my logic is this.

All we want is to make more money than we currently make while not losing the riders due to high fares. Reducing the commission guarantees that.

And it's the same here. Most people don't know what they are in for till they start. The expectation they have is that there's easy money on Uber.

You put in the hours, you make the money. You go home to sleep like some people I don't want to mention grin, you don't make the money.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2021
BAZ001:

Fair enough ?

[img]https://media1./images/a1c69edd6a129711109375ca99c3c70c/tenor.gif?itemid=20852679[/img]

You completely miss the point. I am not comparing us to public transport vehicles. I am saying that, because public transport is too cheap in the country, there's a limit to how high Bolt/Uber can put their fares.

Were you not the one who stayed under surge for 45 minutes and didn't get a request? Why do you think this was so? The fare was too high and most people who would have used bolt went for public transport. Is that what you want? Waiting for 45 minutes in one place because you want to earn more?

I once carried a guy who said he wanted to go out on a particular day. He fired up his app to book and saw a very ridiculous price due to surge. He waited and waited for the price to do down and it didn't so he just took off his clothes and slept at home. Many others in his shoes would have done the same thing or used public transport.

Some of us sometimes complain of waiting at a place for one hour with no request. What do you think will happen when the fare is increased?

The right thing to fight for is reduced commission. That way, we keep our riders and we the drivers make more money. Bolt has already been surviving with an effective commission of 10% when you discount bonuses. They should just take off the bonus and leave the commission at 10%

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:42am On Apr 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

What of the value of the car? It seems to me like people especially on this thread don't consider this when analysing returns on ehailing.

If I buy a 2m vehicle I can sell at 1.3-1.4m, I only need to make 600k to break even. Its that simple.

And na 2months E go take you to make that amount seff.
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:43am On Apr 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

What of the value of the car? It seems to me like people especially on this thread don't consider this when analysing returns on ehailing.

If I buy a 2m vehicle I can sell at 1.3-1.4m, I only need to make 600k to break even. Its that simple.

that's right, but people want to eat their cake and have it...if u rent a shop, will landlord give u back all ur rent the day u say u aren't doing d business again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:53am On Apr 18, 2021
donfortune48:

And na 2months E go take you to make that amount seff.
grin grin

You know how the thing be na grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:57am On Apr 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

that's right, but people want to eat their cake and have it...if u rent a shop, will landlord give u back all ur rent the day u say u aren't doing d business again?

No, but at least, if the shop is yours like the vehicle is ours as with eahiling, you can also sell it to break even or recover part of your losses.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:33am On Apr 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

The analogy is a little wrong. You can only compare vehicles bought for ehailing to someone who buys a shop.

Both the vehicle and shop are assets and they have a value. You can't just discount them when looking at your break even point.

I rather look at it as business capital rather than asset. The vehicle and all d cost incurred in putting it on the platform is your business capital. Same as cost of shop, installation, furnishing and stocking.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:58am On Apr 18, 2021
dru23:

Not just increased fare but also Rider verification...for me that's even more important. Biggest challenge now is riders killing or robbing driver or getting away with not paying trip fares with fake alerts and failed transactions. I wish it can be sustained till they effect the changes, cos this one day thing isnt going to be effective.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:12am On Apr 18, 2021
Gentlelife50:

grin grin
No be una go wake the something

So truly something is back?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2021
BAZ001:

Thank you...

Exposure is good,
Some people can’t think outside d box, just one way traffic. Myopic and selfish.

No be person be dis

[img]https://media1./images/31864e88aeb89280da11f782b145cc57/tenor.gif?itemid=12829177[/img]

Are you talking about the something that came back

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2021
Ehailng cpys will NOT reduce their commission.

I don't know how they are going to do it, short trips shouldn't be too cheap. There should be a cap.

Before I stopped using Uber app, I once picked a rider from Wemco road, going to ICM, Ikeja. Trip ended, I'm seeing ₦300.!!! for an air-conditioned taxi,! mehn that's way too cheap. embarassed

Card trip.

Tbh, Keke won't take you alone from Wemco to ICM for ₦300.

In my area, just because trip is ₦400-500. grin, folks will now order for Bolt to go to Jankara market, very short distance. Trips that are ideally suited for Keke and motorbikes.

Fabga to ogba is ₦150 per head. with Keke, they won't even drop you at Ogba Bus stop. You will still have to walk some distance.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2021
I was told that right now, Bolt is really stringent on the inspection process, dey r turning down cars with comma.

I chuckle, grin, cos it is what it is, the fares will reflect the conditions of the cars brought on the platform, they of all people should know that.

To maintain a car in topmost form is not a small feat. I can relate to why the Moove management draw tight conditions for their drivers.

Some Lagos roads too embarassed ( got to some roads in INNER Oworonshoki last year).I don't plan to go there ever again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

You completely miss the point. I am not comparing us to public transport vehicles. I am saying that, because public transport is too cheap in the country, there's a limit to how high Bolt/Uber can put their fares.

Were you not the one who stayed under surge for 45 minutes and didn't get a request? Why do you think this was so? The fare was too high and most people who would have used bolt went for public transport. Is that what you want? Waiting for 45 minutes in one place because you want to earn more?

I once carried a guy who said he wanted to go out on a particular day. He fired up his app to book and saw a very ridiculous price due to surge. He waited and waited for the price to do down and it didn't so he just took off his clothes and slept at home. Many others in his shoes would have done the same thing or used public transport.

Some of us sometimes complain of waiting at a place for one hour with no request. What do you think will happen when the fare is increased?

The right thing to fight for is reduced commission. That way, we keep our riders and we the drivers make more money. Bolt has already been surviving with an effective commission of 10% when you discount bonuses. They should just take off the bonus and leave the commission at 10%

Hypothesis 1: Let's assume 1.9surge is constant for one month, which means an increase in price and I'd wait for 45mins to get a request.

Hypothesis 2: There's no surge constantly for a month and i dont have to wait for more than 5mins to get a trip.
Which of the hypotheses do you think will benefit drivers more?

Keep in mind that hypothesis 1 will reduce cost of fuel, extend oil change intervals, reduce wear and tear of car.

You are right that some people will leave Bolt/Uber to jump public bus if there's increase in price but some of those people will still come back anytime they need that confort that e hailing gives them and they will squeeze out the money to pay for the service.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 10:49am On Apr 18, 2021

Don't run the risk of buying used cars/Toks with costly hidden problems

Know what you're buying before it's too late.

Avoid that mistake before you buy!

Major accident damage? Flood damage? Odometer Fraud? Avoid making a potentially costly mistake when buying a used/tokunbo car. Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 and minimize your risk.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10044838_20190702025330_jpega5987029b941c9ae69c99128d6a99510

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:43am On Apr 18, 2021
I don't understand why these coys have refused to go back to the commissions they charged before covid era. I really enjoyed Uber's 3% commission after 25 trips or also.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
Akata sef dey follow us do Wuba for naija grin I see one guy today, pure white guy...we dey mko garden dey drag trip
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
eyinola:
Akata sef dey follow us do Wuba for naija grin I see one guy today, pure white guy...we dey mko garden dey drag trip

What's the meaning of Akata? I'm thinking you mean "whites". This sounds like racism but it's Nigeria... "no racists in Nigeria."
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
jaymejate:

What's the meaning of Akata? I'm thinking you mean "whites". This sounds like racism but it's Nigeria... "no racists in Nigeria."

NO racists boss, but self validation grin

Abeg how outside b today? Anyone out dia, this rain switch my mood to movies mood

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chijioke17(m): 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hi guys, so it’s been a really long while since I did some chauffeuring, how is the market now, thinking to hitting the road this night for probably 2 hours or so

(1) (2) (3) ... (3559) (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) (3565) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: northbird and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.