Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747357 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) (3565) (3566) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
my thoughts exactly...
chucsmoore:
. Bolt is not to be trusted. Forget the jargons they are telling U. Rating on Bolt is being manipulated by the system they put in place. Riders rating of drivers only has 30% effect.

When I was still very active on their platform, I found out 3 major things that keep rating high.

1. Never decline any Card trip: that is where they cash out.

2. Accept and do all trips going to good, bad and forbidden places

3. Kiss riders ass, dance to their tune, let them control you and order u around.

If drivers adhere to these 3 Major rules, rating will never be an issue at all.

But I thank God for INdriver. wink I am free like a bird. Mobolowowon !!! grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
So dull. I'm back home, probably to make a re-entry later. Uber looks orange but the fear of long pick ups is the beginning of ride hailing wisdom... shocked
pope191:

NO racists boss, but self validation grin

Abeg how outside b today? Anyone out dia, this rain switch my mood to movies mood
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
peeps4u:
I don't understand why these coys have refused to go back to the commissions they charged before covid era. I really enjoyed Uber's 3% commission after 25 trips or also.
they have expenses and balance sheets too

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
chijioke17:
Hi guys, so it’s been a really long while since I did some[b][/b]chauffeuring,[b][/b] how is the market now, thinking to hitting the road this night for probably 2 hours or so

I yam danfo driver grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
IFEBARBIE:
So dull. I'm back home, probably to make a re-entry later. Uber looks orange but the fear of long pick ups is the beginning of ride hailing wisdom... shocked

Hard to let sunday go, but it's all good.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
dru23:

Most owners don't know how to manage their cars .. A lot of them hire drivers without doing due diligence. A lot are using the wrong cars for the job .......I blame the partner for the collapse of the business .. All hands must be on deck if u want to succeed........

And have been saying this from the day .. Corolla is too expensive for the job .. It does not make sense using corolla .. It cost too much and it is over price regardless if it is tokunbo or not ........

Even if you buy naija used corolla for e hailling ... It is still expensive.. And most naija cars are abused especially the corolla .. So in the long run u are running at a lost .. Coz that naija used corolla u will end up pumping money for repairs .....

You are very shrewd the way you go about the Uber business man. Not everyone will understand it the way you do. It's not even a business and it will never be especially from a rental and hire purchase angle. It takes one with a very good knowledge of how it works and what ehailing demands in Nigeria to keep it going, if not sorry will be your second name.

All these naive people that will invest 2M in a Corrola and expect one driver to work his ass off by producing 30k-35k for you every week of the year, reality will soon hit you like a thunder bolt grin

I don't blame folks who use these so called investors cars to satisfy their immediate needs and return them in tatters. If you really don't have anything to do with your money, tie it below your waist. You say na Uber investment you wan dey do, your chances of a break through with limited knowledge is extremely slim.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Gentlelife50:
Make una help this hard working driver ooo

You'll never understand what that man is passing through not until you experience yourself. May we never be unfortunate in life in Jesus name.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
SenseBoy:
lagos hard sha. Imagine say na TF intimidate am so tey e leave mini bus line. God go help am

I swear

It's not easy ooh and the annoying thing is Nigeria is not even getting better in any way.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chijioke17(m): 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
pope191:

I yam danfo driver grin

No be buhari be that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
AOB1:
many people have advised me here but it will be very nice if you can also give me your own advice. Am waiting for your reply baba.

Bros had my understanding been opened when i was working with Huawei as an FME? Under 3months i would have travelled out this shithole country no matter how much I would have cost me I would've been able to afford it.

One word of advise, get an Int'L passport (incase you don't have one), gather money and work you and yiur family out of this country.

That money you want to invest into ehailing is enough to get you and your wife and kids a visa then collect loan and move. There's no future in that line of business you're planning on going into has no future and the risk in it is even more than the one in your present job.

Above all pray about what ever you decide on before going into it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
AOB1:
una too like trouble for this thread grin grin grin

No mind them... na so we dey tackle ourselves... Just Leave that guy I go show am something when him cup full.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2021
BAZ001:

Goatkanu food don done.
Anybody that go online on Monday on Uber /bolt is a big snitch. It’s better to join fast finger INDRIVER though but it will be nice if all drivers can take Monday off. After all you can net 55k without stress next week.
All partners should join too by forfeiting dis week remittance.
We go need drone to monitor dis strike ooh

Any driver not joining the proposed strike is selling his future and future of his generation to come to riders and the app companies because these are the once on the winning side.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2021
ThatNiccur:

Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Truth is, at the end of two years or whatever time one makes the capital, the value of the car as at when capital is recouped, would be your profit.

If vehicle is in a good condition, vehicle can be resold maybe at half the price it was bought.

A very good maintenance culture should leave vehicle in top shape.

100k a month should amount to 2.4m in 24 months.

So no stop gap in the 24 months?

In all of my travails in rentals the longest I'd gone without a stop gap to mechanical breakdown or repair was 2months, after wards 1month and some time once a week we visit mechanic workshops to fix one or two issues and this was even a tok not 9ja used.

Even a brand new car will have a Stop gap to breakdown at least once in 3-6months.

This is assuming the driver is a robot self and not human.

So that person can't net 2.4m in 24months never!

Kanudgoat or pearls can qoute me with proof of a good record and balance check let me see.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
Felicity001:

Bros had my understanding been opened when i was working with Huawei as an FME? Under 3months i would have travelled out this shithole country no matter how much I would have cost me I would've been able to afford it.

One word of advise, get an Int'L passport (incase you don't have one), gather money and work you and yiur family out of this country.

That money you want to invest into ehailing is enough to get you and your wife and kids a visa then collect loan and move. There's no future in that line of business you're planning on going into has no future and the risk in it is even more than the one in your present job.

Above all pray about what ever you decide on before going into it.
Gbam.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
Felicity001:

Any driver not joining the proposed strike is selling his future and future of his generation to come to riders and the app companies because these are the once on the winning side.
But you just said there's no future.
Which side are you on undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2021
chijioke17:

No be buhari be that

I don't think so
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
Phargbemmy:
Some are gods but not God @JPWorld.

So that guy still dey exist for NL?
Oh! Well, it's good he took his lordship to some paradise of fools but its only a matter of thing b4 he will be shamed out again.

You can't fool too many people all the time.
gringrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
deedee44:

You sound like someone who enjoys watching others suffer

So na today you know?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Only people who want to get blocked get blocked for low ratings. I have said it before and will keep saying it. Even if I drive on bolt for 100 years, I can never be blocked.

I woke up this morning with a rating of 4.55. Here I am now grin

Guy you need to start watching it bro... Proud is gradually crawling in... Several guys have been contacting me for rhe past 3 weeks now on how their accounts where unjustly blocked and after much investigation I discovered riders are responsoble for this unjust and unprofessional act by Bolt.

Pray not to come across any unfortunate rider for any reason.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
jaymejate:

What's the meaning of Akata? I'm thinking you mean "whites". This sounds like racism but it's Nigeria... "no racists in Nigeria."
He is actually wrong.

"akata" is a slang(yoruba) word used for AFRICAN AMERICANS.

Just like how they use ni*ga for themselves.

Akata is not used for White Americans.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2021
lagusboyyy:
He is actually wrong.

"akata" is a slang(yoruba) word used for BLACK AMERICANS.

Just like how they use ni*ga for themselves.

Akata is not used for White Americans.

Educative!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
davit:
One will be available very soon.

Thanks for the reply. I'll deeply appreciate your mention if you have any anytime.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
Oluwabengz:

Hypothesis 1: Let's assume 1.9surge is constant for one month, which means an increase in price and I'd wait for 45mins to get a request.

Hypothesis 2: There's no surge constantly for a month and i dont have to wait for more than 5mins to get a trip.
Which of the hypotheses do you think will benefit drivers more?

Keep in mind that hypothesis 1 will reduce cost of fuel, extend oil change intervals, reduce wear and tear of car.

You are right that some people will leave Bolt/Uber to jump public bus if there's increase in price but some of those people will still come back anytime they need that confort that e hailing gives them and they will squeeze out the money to pay for the service.

The only problem with your hypothesis is that, You are assuming the surge he saw was a 1.9 surge. Could have been a 1.5 or 1.6 surge. Lets even say it was a 1.9 surge. If he stayed 45 minutes waiting for a request on a1.9 surge at a time when there's an actual surge, how many minutes do you think he will stay when there's no surge and bolt has just increased price to 1.9× normal price?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
Felicity001:

Guy you need to start watching it bro... Proud is gradually crawling in... Several guys have been contacting me for rhe past 3 weeks now on how their accounts where unjustly blocked and after much investigation I discovered riders are responsoble for this unjust and unprofessional act by Bolt.

Pray not to come across any unfortunate rider for any reason.

Okay, I wasn't clear.

What I meant was that, bolt can never block me due to low ratings or high rate of cancellation. Never.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frubben(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
thank God say I off engine today come relax watch match. cos this rain Na to spoil bumper lol. long pick up and bad road, to navigate does bad road for dry season Na die not to talk of wen rain fall lwkmd

as rain fall riders go even say make you drive enter parlour pick dem with dere bad road. tueh lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
chillex8:

But you just said there's no future.
Which side are you on undecided

Referring to drivers not prospective drivers

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Okay, I wasn't clear.

What I meant was that, bolt can never block me due to low ratings or high rate of cancellation. Never.

Ok... This is fair enough
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatNiccur: 6:55pm On Apr 18, 2021
I really didn't want to respond to mentions in order to avoid a back and forth conversation, but then I had to clear this.

First, I was speaking on behalf of someone who intends to get a car with his own money and drive it himself, not rentals.

Let's be honest, what is the average one can net in a week, no matter how bad the week turns out? Let's put that between 35-40k

Someone here said the highest he has gone with a tokunbo without an issue was 3 months...

Well, I did 6months with a Corolla. Asides oil change, there was no issue. (2017)

With a Tokunbo Civic 2007/08, you can achieve a 25k weekly savings. Fuel consumption is on the low, parts aren't so expensive. The purpose is to recoup 2m in 24months, the extra 400k should compensate for maintenance and other issues or days you are unable to work.

Preventive maintenance is very important as this would forestall bigger issues and help save cost in the long run.

Keeping your car in order on a regular, being able to hold convos and having a very positive attitude should give you some offline contacts, which should help make your weekly target easier.

Any car that exhausts 400k on maintenance should still be in a very good shape at the end of two years, which should increase resale value.

Four weeks a month is equal to 28 days, which leaves you with 3 extra days on some months and 2 on others.

You do not need to spend the whole 7 days in a week all the time, in order to net 25k and still make something extra for yourself, which leaves you with more than 2 or 3 extra days a month as the case may be.

It's your vehicle, gives you the privilege to work at your own pace, you just have to be disciplined enough to know that you have a target to meet, plus there are weeks you would hit your target early, which gives you the chance to either get some rest or make some extra, in advance for other weeks, choice is yours.

200kms a day (max) should give you more than enough to hit 25k weekly and would also add about 134400 kms (83600miles) on your odo, which is still fair enough, considering the amount of care and maintenance your car gets.

It is achievable. Never say never.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gharial: 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

No sir, that wasn't the focus of the discussion...we weren't comparing earnings with standard of living so its skewed to bring in inflation and all what not...pls go back and check how d gist started and see if your contribution was necessary/relevant to the line of discussion.

See it's good to make money but you can be sure someone somewhere is making more, so no need to brag or measure dicks. You guys are suffering from inferiority complex... and what I've noticed is that most of you drivers also like to argue for the hell of it, you want people to think you're knowledgeable even when it's obviously a waste of time & energy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
Someone said he did 6months in 2017 before visiting a mechanic workshop. Like, wow! Great car i must admit and probably not on rental or HP so car was not working optimally rather "soft work".

The fact remains, no investor can recoup 2.4m in 24 months, please if you've or have seen somebody who did kindly come forward or bring the person forward with evidence let's give such person an award.

I wonder what people gain by misleading the public with false data. You bought a car that's more than 15yrs old and as done at least 80k-miles and you are telling me you used same car for transportation business in Lagos for 6months without fixing a damn thing, not even a change of tire, bolt or nut or even wiper? Ok... Kuku say you didn't buy fuel na.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SenseBoy(m): 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
Felicity001:

I swear

It's not easy ooh and the annoying thing is Nigeria is not even getting better in any way.

We're in God's hand in this country

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2021
Guys, Hope a driver's details won't appear on a rider's phone if you don't accept the request. Asking for a friend grin and hope I'm not the only one that got a "panic/scoping" mail from bolt

(1) (2) (3) ... (3560) (3561) (3562) (3563) (3564) (3565) (3566) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Glithronix, ksmart027(m), Foreigner12(m), Gentlelife50(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.