Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4728968 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3564) (3565) (3566) (3567) (3568) (3569) (3570) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2021
If you enter, you fit jam a rider like me today o. Na to treat you the way riders do treat us. You arrive I cancel. Na strike thing o.
donfortune48:
Have the warning strike started?
Abi make i enter street?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2021
I love this strategy. I'm gonna use it now. cheesy
BAZ001:

I don hold two drivers down now.
I request on surge 1.9x dem dey pickup they wait for me. One of them don call me tire, I say Oga wait I dey come. Next I will tell him your mates dey on strike you greedy man dey online.
One don cancel I don request again he go cancel tire...
let me add my quota to d strike.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
100% on your side. I'm sure if those drivers working or supporting them have had serious blocks before or relative car hijacked by unprofiled rider, they will comply too. We are so selfish in this part of the world. At last, we go dey blame NLC. SMH
BAZ001:

Are you d one ?
After driving down to PU and as soon as I start telling them, they switch off and hope I will cancel. You never see anything

So you think they don’t know there is strike ?
When doctors go on strike you think they attend to emergency ? Or you ve not seen doctors go on strike for weeks ?

Have you read about Rosa Park 1955 and the boycotts. Do you know what the great grand fathers did abroad to move the blacks to where they are today as regard racism
Nigerians are not willing to pay the price at all.
All blacks decided to walk to office and boycott train cos of segregation.
Sure you didn’t join endears

The fight is for drivers and future drivers, some of us will soon stop driving.

You already said you won’t join the strike so go ahead and continue driving while I continue frustrating the drivers online.
No cancellations fees so once you accept my request you must cancel.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
abefeabebi:
Pls I just discovered a crack in my windscreen, a tiny line,anywhere to get it repair. Am around isheri magodo Berger axis. Thanks

Call Mr. John.: 0805 541 2904

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
So this Driver started trip going to lekki after I delayed him and told him we are coming to puncture tyre.
He started and I couldn’t cancel again. It was a cash trip. Destination to lekki.
Oga dey cruise dey go probably he will get to destination and say I didn’t pay.
Na so I change location to next street gbam, 600 naira.
He quickly canceled.
Na so I knack am 1*, still report him that trip didn’t happen.
I have 4sim to register if I get blocked and mind you App coys don’t block riders anyhow.

I’m dropping details here incase you are here or will read it later.

[img]https://media./images/eb2219a459d97ce21b5b4317a4edb7e7/tenor.gif[/img]

The guy called back
D: why such wickedness, why
Me: your mate d strike u dey feel smart
D: na ur papa buy car for me
Me: you are very greedy and wicked
D: na you wicked pass, why u no tell me, come allow me drive all d way
Me: Thank God say my boys no see you
D: I guessed as much cut run.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2021
The level of compliance is quite high, my hood has been hovering between 1.7&1.9 since morning.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Felicity001:

My friend stop all these false information you're dishing out carelessly please.

Bring forward a proof and let's see and don't just talk okay.

Use yourself as a yardstick, you've been in this line of business for 5yrs now right?

How did you start? Rental, hp or with your personal car? Which ever you started with, how much were you able to deliver assuming you used the same car for 24months? If on rental, you didn't change car in 24 months? Was the owner able to get another driver immediately after you dropped the car and remittance continued for him?

If on hp, how much did you collect the car? And how long did it take you before you finished payment? How much down payment did you paid before collecting the car? With the period of the contract you mean to tell us that the car worked even if not everyday in a week but every single week for good 24 months You didn't fall sick, neither did you had any break for 24months.

Okay, car is yours right? You worked 96 straight weeks without any stop gap inbtw.

Ok fine. Lets assume you have a yes answer to all of the above questions, now let's factor in cost of repairs alone since minimum net is slated for 100k monthly assuming on rental or owner's driving at 25k/week. Thank God somebody posted a chat expenses of N42k on one of his cars recently, assume that's the only money you spend maintenance every 2/3months that's a whooping sum of N504,000 on repairs alone at an average of 42k in every 2months. We haven't factor in cost of oil and filter change.

Now minus that value from your annually net of N1.2m then explain this honourable house how you recoup your initial capital in 24months now.

Let's leave the issue of using a car for transportation business for straight 16months without visiting a mechanic workshop for another day.

Na wa ooo...how much do u make a month on ehailing? I tot we have gone past this argument. If u drive ur car, u make way more than 100k in a month irrespective of gow many days or weeks in d month u drive. Many, many people have done HP of 2.5m - 3.5m in 2yrs successfully. Also, people have driven rental without defaulting for ones until they either moved on to other things or got car on HP.
But my focus is mainly on if u drive ur car or u r doing HP.

When I say I don't talk without prove, I meant it...
Without sounding pompous, I paid HP of 3m in 2yrs (100weeks actually), d week I couldn't pay, I compensated and spread it out in d coming weeks. When u make 70-100k in a week u can pay more than ur normal weekly payment, its for ur own good, so that the week u can't meetup owner no go vex too much. Now hasn't that owner recouped his investment and more in 2yrs?
Don't forget that drivers on HP also have d responsibility of maintaining the car. So they pay HP fees, maintain car and still have something for themselves. Now imagine if the guy owns d car an still maintains that same level of discipline and dedication.

Now, I drive my own car, I have bought atleast one car every year since I finished the HP, I can easily save (not make) 100k a month towards getting another car from the car I drive alone.

U also agree that a driver can net minimum 250k in a month and that's being conservative, repairs or no repairs

So why can't an investor/car owner driver recoup his investment in 2yrs?
How is this false information??
Have you been enlightened now

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
peeps4u:

Whatever the cause of the surge might be, it only means drivers can force UberBolt to restructure if they can really carry out the strike effectively.
Absolutely!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
BAZ001:

Lori Iro people full here and gullible ones dey believe everything

[img]https://media1./images/fa698b2bd4a29fc91ab76b0feeabc54f/tenor.gif?itemid=16233543[/img]

It seems to be a naija thing.......i just take everything with a grain of salt ........
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
northbird:

That's r&d for you. Alaba-ijaniki, akute are low dense points for them, they don't need to set surge in those areas cos it's pointless, grin much revenue ain't coming from there in the first place, they need to encourage more users/riders, so no surge there, just promo rides.

Don't just accept what they tell you,.
You believe the app justs freestyles on its own without controls from a human intelligence, Baba... Think about it.

Well nothing is impossible, as per fixing surge, afteral Bolt has capped their surge to X1.9
but Alagbole-Akute always has trips, its not one of the dry areas. I have never driven to Alagbole/Akute without getting trip out of the area... I prefer to take a trip from the island to Alagbole than Abulegba axis. Most times I have to drive back to fagba or ogba before u get reasonable trips if I manage to go to abulegba...most of abulegba trips r either within the area or deeper towards tollgate, alakuko, agbado, ijaiye, ipaja axis

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

Na wa ooo...how much do u make a month on ehailing? I tot we have gone past this argument. If u drive ur car, u make way more than 100k in a month irrespective of gow many days or weeks in d month u drive. Many, many people have done HP of 2.5m - 3.5m in 2yrs successfully. Also, people have driven rental without defaulting for ones until they either moved on to other things or got car on HP.

Without sounding pompous, I paid HP of 3m in 2yrs (100weeks actually), d week I couldn't pay, I compensated and spread it out in d coming weeks. When u make 70-100k in a week u can pay more than ur normal weekly payment, its for ur own good, so that the week u can't meetup owner no go vex too much. Now hasn't that owner recouped his investment and more in 2yrs?
Don't forget that drivers on HP also have d responsibility of maintaining the car. So they pay HP fees, maintain car and still have something for themselves. Now imagine if the guy owns d car an still maintains that same level of discipline and dedication.

Now, I drive my own car, I have bought atleast one car every year since I finished the HP, I can easily save (not make) 100k a month towards getting another car from the car I drive alone.

U also agree that a driver can net minimum 250k in a month and that's being conservative, repairs or no repairs

All things been equal ...... I like your business sense.. The starting is always tough ..but once u were able to pay up ur first hp. U were able to at least buy 1 car every year to increase ur fleet......

This is a gradual process .. The more u add to ur fleet each year ( all things been equal ) the more u have more money to add another car in less than a year ..... It is tough but achievable ..... I like ur post

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2021
abefeabebi:
Pls I just discovered a crack in my windscreen, a tiny line,anywhere to get it repair. Am around isheri magodo Berger axis. Thanks

There is someone that fixes windscreen opposite that community center, Isheri road in Berger. Do it before it starts expanding.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
BAZ001:
So this Driver started trip going to lekki after I delayed him and told him we are coming to puncture tyre.
He started and I couldn’t cancel again. It was a cash trip. Destination to lekki.
He quickly canceled.
I have 4sim to register if I get blocked and mind you App coys don’t block riders anyhow.

The guy called back

you're doing well for the humanity. God bless you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
BAZ001:
He quickly canceled.

The guy called back

Lolz...u bad I swear grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
This is it

I still don't get the basis of argument that a owner driver can't safe/make more than 100k monthly to compensate for any future downtime, if drivers on rentals remit 25-30k weekly and still have something for themselves.

Pearl1910:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
This Uber app is menstruating badly ooo.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2021
dru23:

All things been equal ...... I like your business sense.. The starting is always tough ..but once u were able to pay up ur first hp. U were able to at least buy 1 car every year to increase ur fleet......

This is a gradual process .. The more u add to ur fleet each year ( all things been equal ) the more u have more money to add another car in less than a year ..... It is tough but achievable ..... I like ur post

And its from this POV that I advise others; with focus, hard work, dedication and the God factor, people can achieve this. I include risk, challenges and downtimes in my plan so I am not caught off-guard.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
People really complied oh.

See Eko.

Even Ikorodu get surge.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chuwaa2: 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2021

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2021
So driver can now chat riders on bolt? Is this a benefit of the strike?

If it is, abeg let the strike continue until they listen.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
dru23:

All things been equal ...... I like your business sense.. The starting is always tough ..but once u were able to pay up ur first hp. U were able to at least buy 1 car every year to increase ur fleet ....

Buy 1 car Every year ?

Please let me focus on the strike and greedy drivers.

[img]https://media1./images/2405078da6fccdc41a2df3c007470591/tenor.gif?itemid=20436778[/img]

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
I say make I suffer this unlucky driver small. But seeing the picture, he looks like someone in his late 50s, I have to cancel.

If he had driven to that pickup location, the only way he can reposition is to go down to 2nd rainbow and connect Apple junction. The pain would be much, but I'm naturally meek.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
Happy strike my fellow comrades o....I'm loving it cheesy, I hope Uber/bolt adhere

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
BAZ001:
He quickly canceled.

The guy called back
Lmao... Badt guy cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2021
Alaye spoke out at last. grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2021
donfortune48:
I say make I suffer this unlucky driver small. But seeing the picture, he looks like someone in his late 50s, I have to cancel.

If he had driven to that pickup location, the only way he can reposition is to go down to 2nd rainbow and connect Apple junction. The pain would be much, but I'm naturally meek.

I don copy d PU address na there I go they send dem, if you like be as old as “something that crawled out” and still don’t have sense at 50.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fizcoo20(m): 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
offline job . ikorodu to local airport. on sunday. u can dm with this number 07038444111.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
Pearl1910:

And its from this POV that I advise others; with focus, hard work, dedication and the God factor, people can achieve this. I include risk, challenges and downtimes in my plan so I am not caught off-guard.

Yes bro .. Anything is possible .......all things been equal for me .... My target for this year is a minimum of 5 cars. So far I have 4 more to go ... And the year is still young

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
BAZ001:

Buy 1 car Every year ?

Please let me focus on the strike and greedy drivers.

[img]https://media1./images/2405078da6fccdc41a2df3c007470591/tenor.gif?itemid=20436778[/img]

My target for this year is 5 additional cars .. So far I have 4 cars to go .. And the year is still young .. Anything is possible bro .....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chuwaa2: 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2021

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chuwaa2: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2021
I remember taking uber from Alapere to Domino pizza ogudu Road and we were 4 in number, my guys who came from outside Lagos shock that it was just 500 with the AC. Meanwhile bike is 200 per person.
I support the price increase for who get money to pay.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
northbird:
The level of compliance is quite high, my hood has been hovering between 1.7&1.9 since morning.

I don't think it's as a result of compliance, bolt just permanent it there because my area that hardly has surge is still red till now. No fluctuation, the red is just there since morning.
At least riders will still feel the impact of the strike

(1) (2) (3) ... (3564) (3565) (3566) (3567) (3568) (3569) (3570) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: jpworld(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.