Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4770542 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3568) (3569) (3570) (3571) (3572) (3573) (3574) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
mymotong:
Uber/Bolt driver needed:

1. Toyota Corolla (rental)
2. Toyota camry (HP)' 2M in 1 YEAR... Very sound car...

WhatsApp: 09032614208
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
jpworld:

Doctors/lecturers can strike bc they collectively agree to be in a union. And they're professionals, very important to the society, drivers are low skill workers, less important to the government or society. Even danfo drivers strike will cripple Lagos state, than uber drivers strike.

When doctors strike, did you see them stop private hospital doctors from going to work?

When i heard you guys are doing some sorts of illegal enforcement, i turn on my app and hit the road, make i see who born una to impound my car or collect illegal fee.

I'm a Democrat, i won't force you to go against ur wish.

4 of my drivers choose not to work, i asked them to come pack my car, i have parked the 4 cars until next Monday. This morning 3 of them call me, that they want to carry the car, i said no wait till Monday, bc i don't want stories.

Ogbeni drive down to national stadium and pass your point there.....it's simple knowledge that this forum has less than 1% of the drivers on the platform. So drive down to the stadium and make pass your point to a larger number.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yeye dey smell...people will be speaking from both sides of their mouth. Spewing rubbish in d process. Tot in 2021 u would have some sense, but alas u r retrogressing. Smh

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
jpworld:

Doctors/lecturers can strike bc they collectively agree to be in a union. And they're professionals, very important to the society, drivers are low skill workers, less important to the government or society. Even danfo drivers strike will cripple Lagos state, than uber drivers strike.

When doctors strike, did you see them stop private hospital doctors from going to work?

When i heard you guys are doing some sorts of illegal enforcement, i turn on my app and hit the road, make i see who born una to impound my car or collect illegal fee.

I'm a Democrat, i won't force you to go against ur wish.

[b]4 of my drivers choose not to work, i asked them to come pack my car, i have parked the 4 cars until next Monday. [/b]This morning 3 of them call me, that they want to carry the car, i said no wait till Monday, bc i don't want stories.

Doctors force other doctors that are not part of the union out of the hospital if they are working, while on strike. they can’t go to private hospital cos it’s private.
Same way they can’t force people offline to join the strike.
You ON app, we request and you come to our location, we impound your car or you join strike. Go call police or report to uberBolt...

God bless your drivers, unlike my keyboard warriors on nairaland. Who went on strike on Monday and resumed work on Tuesday very soon they will come online and start complaining

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pearl1910:
Yeye dey smell...people will be speaking from both sides of their mouth. Spewing rubbish in d process. Tot in 2021 u would have some sense, but alas u r retrogressing. Smh

Bros grin

[img]https://media1./images/fa615a4f80fa05758776b5b1833b3a7d/tenor.gif?itemid=4751998[/img]

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phred1717: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
I guess the strike has called off itself, because a lot of drivers have enter the road... Including some union members.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
BAZ001:

Bros grin

[img]https://media1./images/fa615a4f80fa05758776b5b1833b3a7d/tenor.gif?itemid=4751998[/img]

I promised I will not insult anybody on social media again, I would rather educate and enlighten the person. But this one na old cargo, if u try to straighten crayfish, him go break.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pearl1910:

I promised I will not insult anybody on social media again, I would rather educate and enlighten the person. But this one na old cargo, if u try to straighten crayfish, him go break.

[img]https://media1./images/c837f5db07f9eeb45ee51186ac3c4369/tenor.gif?itemid=18948872[/img]

I’ve never seen you insult anybody here
Chaiii

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
IFSHR:

Ogbeni drive down to national stadium and pass your point there.....it's simple knowledge that this forum has less than 1% of the drivers on the platform. So drive down to the stadium and make pass your point to a larger number.

Im driving down, make your request and impound my car, let's see what happen.

I won't go interfere in your protest is your civil right, but forcing me to join, is what i won't agree to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
Bammzzie:
Got this mail from bolt this morning... Is this base on the effect of strike or they just want to upgrade
They have a way of twisting things. They said they're protecting us by not revealing our numbers whereas the other way round is the case. Now drivers won't have access to riders anymore once trip ends, so drivers think twice before you let your rider go when you've not received alert of that transfer

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
kala111:

This makes whole lot of sense. More reason why I've decided to off my app since on sunday just to lend my voice in my own little way.

Bolt rating is just so annoying and riders are really taking advantage of that. A rider requested me around that Mende Maryland on Sunday during that heavy rain. Her house is in a certain location which map can not even locate. They are aware of that and had to come and pick me. Is just a street away.

She started by saying I should use my back to enter through the gate of their compound with a narrow packing space. When I got to a point I couldn't go further due to the vehicle behind, she still insisted i moved backward a little more. Then I was already boiling inside of me and my countenance could reveal that to ger.

Next was another lady coming out with a very big Ghana must go bag struggling to hold grip of and said open your boot. I just weak at that point, a thought said cancel and another thought said you have put so much effort for this trip not to happen. And then came with the second bag and the third. Two bags into the boot and the third on my back seat.

When we got to her destination at Ikeja GRA she was still ordering me stay here move forward move backward. Then I told her I can't move further. Trip was just 1k with all that enormous stress and she requested for account no and did transfer.

Me that has been maintaining 4.98 rating in the last two weeks. Something just told me to check my rating as I was waiting for a request next thing I saw was 4.88. Just like that 10 just vanish.
From my experience so far, it's mostly those riders that you go extra mile for that end up messing up your rating. Several riders that I expected bad rating from (indriver) ended up giving me 5 star or not rating at all

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
Phred1717:
I guess the strike has called off itself, because a lot of drivers have enter the road... Including some union members.

Please allow person chup in peace, no kee me with laugh.

[img]https://media./images/d09c527c98467c19e45e9932325f2f7c/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 5:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pearl1910:

I won't blame myself much, because the business I'm doing requires me to be in the same forum with hoodlums, so whatever comes my way here, i just grin

My opinion will always be different, same way my progress in this business. I won't reason the way you reason, bc my experience is way more than you.

I can't ask uber to reduce commission, bc they own the business, same way uber cannot tell me how much my rent should be.Market force will determine.

B4 drivers are agitating for 25k car, but when other drivers come and offer something like 32k or 35k you retrieve and give the highest bidder

My rent is the most expensive compare to others, but yet drivers are hovering around me, begging to drive for me, asking when next i will bring in another car, with this begging and pleading from plenty of drivers, can the one driving for me do shakara without been fired?

Don't blame uber/bolt blame Buhari for frustrating your dreams, every business man will always exploit.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2021
jpworld:

When has uber/bolt become chief security of Lagos state. I thought it was sanwo olu that was voted in as governor of Lagos state.

Patami has created NIN, which for me is one of the best thing that happens to security.

Uber in particular pay back drivers, that was not paid for a particular trip.

For me uber/bolt has done a wonderful job.

If you don't like the job, carry your certificate go look for job.
Did you not see where they demanded for proper profiling of riders before allowing them to request rides or you just chose to ignore it.
Can a driver kill a rider and bolt won't be able to trace him/her? But how many riders that killed drivers has police caught with the help of bolt?
All they're after is their money as long as you have a sim card bring your money and take a ride (and the driver/car if you like)

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
Tune in to 99.3, the strike is been discussed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
deedee44:

They have a way of twisting things. They said they're protecting us by not revealing our numbers whereas the other way round is the case. Now drivers won't have access to riders anymore once trip ends, so drivers think twice before you let your rider go when you've not received alert of that transfer
You are right
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Matrix414: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
Cheddaz:
Please is there any bolt inspection centre close to Ejigbo ,Idinmu axis? Thanks

Nnpc not far from isheri roundabout
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
toomush:

You too much.
But imagine the lady saying drivers earn 15k every day and go home with 5k after commission and fuel.

This is enlightening
One man just called that they went to Alausa to report VIO about the license and all and that the governor accepted but that uberbolt still continue asking drivers to get this license. I come shock
Who is now asking for this license?
VIO
LASG
UberBolt

[img]https://media1./images/6b5f86e726792da5708dcf2365b5e204/tenor.gif?itemid=8747289[/img]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
BAZ001:

But imagine the lady saying drivers earn 15k every day and go home with 5k after commission and fuel.

Relatively true.

That's why Dashboard talks here by some peeps, somehow affects my reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
donfortune48:

Relatively true.

Maybe the lady is using an infiniti fx45 because if I gross 15k, I'm going home with 9k. That's assuming I don't earn any bonus. With bonuses, it's between 10-11k.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Maybe the lady is using an infiniti fx45 because if I gross 15k, I'm going home with 9k. That's assuming I don't earn any bonus. With bonuses, it's between 10-11k.
Maybe, What she was trying to say is that after deducting fuel and commissions from the 15k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
deedee44:

Did you not see where they demanded for proper profiling of riders before allowing them to request rides or you just chose to ignore it.
Can a driver kill a rider and bolt won't be able to trace him/her? But how many riders that killed drivers has police caught with the help of bolt?
All they're after is their money as long as you have a sim card bring your money and take a ride (and the driver/car if you like)

You this uber driver, stop behaving like you know it all, na because say poverty still dey worry ur head, if u get money u will be worst.

You see Bolt/Uber came into a porous environment to do business and it is not there duty to fix, security or give you good roads.

it's the government responsibility to secure it's citizens.

I was in Singapore last month, my passport copy was demanded before i register a sim card, as a foreigner.

It only requires my phone number and email address to use GRAB an ehailing just like uber in Singapore. But still Singapore remain one of the safest country in the whole world. Why? Because the government fix it country.

Criminality going on via Uber/Bolt in Nigeria should be blame on the government.

You see why Patami comes up with NIN, because each sim card will be link to someone.

You can as well ask dru23 if it requires SSN, DOB, State of origin, mother maiden name and so on to sign up for uber in America.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2021
donfortune48:

Relatively true.

[img]https://media1./images/4ff1707fe64be930f777e68cfca667ab/tenor.gif?itemid=16142393[/img]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
jpworld:

You this uber driver, stop behaving like you know it all, na because say poverty still dey worry ur head, if u get money u will be worst.

You see Bolt/Uber came into a porous environment to do business and it is not there duty to fix, security or give you good roads.

I was in Singapore last month, my passport copy was demanded before i register a sim card, as a foreigner.

It only requires my phone number and email address to use GRAB an ehailing just like uber in Singapore. But still Singapore remain one of the safest country in the whole world. Why? Because the government fix it country.

Criminality going on via Uber/Bolt in Nigeria should be blame on the government.

You see why Patami comes up with NIN, because each sim card will be link to someone.

You can as well ask dru23 if it requires SSN, DOB, State of origin, mother maiden name and so on to sign up for uber in America.

I had not looked at it from this perspective before but I have to admit you make some very good points. Very good points.

However, it is because of the failure of the government in providing security that has made them do a lot of verifications before bringing drivers on board.

There's nothing stopping them from doing the same for riders.

If every driver dies or becomes scared to drive because of insecurity, their investment goes down the drain.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
shollywendy1:

Maybe, What she was trying to say is that after deducting fuel and commissions from the 15k

Yes, I understand her but she will have to be using an infiniti fx45 to earn 5k of her own from every 15k she makes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Yes, I understand her but she will have to be using an infiniti fx45 to earn 5k of her own from every 15k she makes

From every 15k, 20% commision is 3k. The driver has 12k. Fuel cost depends on the car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
jpworld:

I won't blame myself much, because the business I'm doing requires me to be in the same forum with hoodlums, so whatever comes my way here, i just grin

My opinion will always be different, same way my progress in this business. I won't reason the way you reason, bc my experience is way more than you.

I can't ask uber to reduce commission, bc they own the business, same way uber cannot tell me how much my rent should be.Market force will determine.

B4 drivers are agitating for 25k car, but when other drivers come and offer something like 32k or 35k you retrieve and give the highest bidder

My rent is the most expensive compare to others, but yet drivers are hovering around me, begging to drive for me, asking when next i will bring in another car, with this begging and pleading from plenty of drivers, can the one driving for me do shakara without been fired?

Don't blame uber/bolt blame Buhari for frustrating your dreams, every business man will always exploit.

Please who is this? And what are you saying?? angry Am sure u quote me in error
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
kanuisagoat:

I had not looked at it from this perspective before but I have to admit you make some very good points. Very good points.

However, it is because of the failure of the government in providing security that has made them do a lot of verifications before bringing drivers on board.

There's nothing stopping them from doing the same for riders.

If every driver dies or becomes scared to drive because of insecurity, their investment goes down the drain.

Listen young man, for driver's what do they ask you mostly? Your driver's license, that's the only major thing.

and for the cars they will ask you car documents, to make sure you're not breaking the traffic law, you see this traffic law government are strict. Because, they generate money when u comply, so there is enforcement.

Why not ask for riders training b4 you can start booking uber, lets see how many riders will sign up? Or ask for riders bvn, lets see how many riders will sign up, or even ask riders if they are yahoo boy, olosho.

The riders are the kings and queens for your business to grow. When you make the sign up process very rigorous, you will loose money, after spending over 100million naira in advert.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
toomush:

As if the radio station care, they are only looking for traffic. Even when they're know you're not making any sense, they will air it.

Anyway is a happening now event, so it falls within journalism. But that doesn't mean you're right or your demands are legal.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2021
BAZ001:

You too much.

This is enlightening
One man just called that they went to Alausa to report VIO about the license and all and that the governor accepted but that uberbolt still continue asking drivers to get this license. I come shock
Who is now asking for this license?
VIO
LASG
UberBolt

[img]https://media1./images/6b5f86e726792da5708dcf2365b5e204/tenor.gif?itemid=8747289[/img]

Na Land Cruiser v8 she they use drive?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
jpworld:

I will ignore the senseless parts of your post and focus on the little sensible part that is worth a reply.
Why do you guys always compare Nigeria with developed countries, if you're truly wise as you claim then you should know that what works over there will certainly not work down here because we are 2 different entities.
So if our government here cannot provide adequate security and drivers are dying as a result, is it too much to ask the app coys to secure the drivers in their own little way just the way they secured their riders?
I'm not surprised by your reasoning anyway because you're wired to go against any opinion that comes from drivers whether good or bad. Truth remains you still won't eat if your drivers don't deliver so you better learn how to love those who put food on your bleeping table

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
kanuisagoat:

True, I have told people to always put their car in order, u can't be blaming bolt/uber if ur car is consuming all ur earnings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3568) (3569) (3570) (3571) (3572) (3573) (3574) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.