Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,439 members, 7,853,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:51 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4859522 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3612) (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) ... (5717) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:11pm On May 13, 2021
BAZ001:

No money on ground. Oga Dru don dey see reality for dis hustle

[img]https://media1./images/63f73e97b156191ed1a14c5489d2d699/tenor.gif?itemid=5381579[/img]

I speak for me only bro. There is always money somewhere on ground ...money will not find u . you have to find money

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:14pm On May 13, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Yeah, I had to buy like that. Funny enough, yours was still the cheapest. I tried pricing from some other legit sellers and the least was N28,000.

Good one on the alternative. However, price alone should not be the determining factor. The quality of the oil is equally as important.

In my spare time, I'll look into the oil

Yes boss we kindly ask you check the review on project farm on Youtube ......

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:37pm On May 13, 2021
PuZZyNegro:
If you are the driver that took my sister and her kids to the hospital, her daughter said I should tell you she enjoyed the trip.

Thanks for putting the pillow at the back seat of your car. She held onto the pillow all through the trip, that my sister was afraid she may find it difficult to let go when the trip ends cheesy

More innovation to you drivers
So touching

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by suco01(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Dru23

I called your rep and she said 5w30 is now 25k. Any promo code for us honourable members of this thread? grin

There is this shop that sells for wholesales in first gate @ lateef jakande

Mobil 1 5w30 17k
Castrol 5w30 14k
Hardex 5w30 11k
Coastal 5w30 9k

I just wonder if they are the same as dru mobil 1

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:23pm On May 13, 2021
suco01:

Mobil 1 5w30 17k
Castrol 5w30 14k
Hardex 5w30 11k
Coastal 5w30 9k

I import and load my own personally ......so know ur source

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:47pm On May 13, 2021
suco01:

Mobil 1 5w30 17k
Castrol 5w30 14k
Hardex 5w30 11k
Coastal 5w30 9k

The answer is NO

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:52pm On May 13, 2021
Chuwaa2:
Hi guys, where can I repair my radiator and cooling system on the island.
The corolla has been consuming coolant lately and I noticed that the temperature gauge has now gone from a little below the middle mark to above the mark and finally it started overheating and drying out coolant. I had to pour water the other day after it completely dried out and the temperature kept going up and down depending on my speed.
Today after going to airport and back from Lekki, no issues and the water level level remained the same but I noticed a gurgling sound from the radiator.
How I can I fix this to prevent further occurrence and get the temperature back to below the middle mark.

I believe your radiator is not leaking.

I once had this experience, coolant drying up, bubbling water in radiator, radiator consuming over 4 litres of water in a day, the culprit: the engine of the fan.

Is your fan blowing Well? The fan could be rolling but not pushing out enough air to cool the radiatior. if it's a corrolla, there's a standard humming sound that comes from a fan working properly.

If your radiator fan is sharp, if you put a used pure water nylon in front of the radiator, it will stick to the radiator, due to the suction generated by the fan.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 9:56pm On May 13, 2021
dru23:

Meself can no longer afford it for my uber cars .. Exchange rate is very high now ......so I have a new alternative to Mobil 1 called Super tech ..........and I will make it more affordable than Mobil 1 ....

So for now if u can afford it, buy the Mobil for 25k and henceforth u know that you will be using super tech that saves u money ......

We concluded a deal with the company so I will be loading super tech this week and will land around early July are things been equal ...

I got 20k filters grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chuwaa2: 10:06pm On May 13, 2021
northbird:

I believe your radiator is not leaking.

I once had this experience, coolant drying up, bubbling water in radiator, radiator consuming over 4 litres of water in a day, the culprit: the engine of the fan.
exactly NY experience the day I had overheating. After filling with 6 pure water sachets at abijoh, before I got to Lekki, it dried out, though it worked well today to and fro Lekki to airport.

Is your fan blowing Well? The fan could be rolling but not pushing out enough air to cool the radiatior. if it's a corrolla, there's a standard humming sound that comes from a fan working properly.

If your radiator fan is sharp, if you put a used pure water nylon in front of the radiator, it will stick to the radiator, due to the suction generated by the fan.
I'll check this, if it doesn't work, I'll track blackbishop Monday morning, the car is not in use now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:47pm On May 13, 2021
suco01:

Mobil 1 5w30 17k
Castrol 5w30 14k
Hardex 5w30 11k
Coastal 5w30 9k

Mobil 1 5w30 17k shocked omo run o

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:15pm On May 13, 2021
Pearl1910:

So in essence you are saying if u earn well u will definitely die early or ur car will not last?

I am not dragging highest earner o...but I know no matter how bad a day is I must net 10k no matter how bad. It may be partly due to luck but u can't ignore the importance of positioning.

Earn well is relative, there's no survival/ success without some level of sacrifice... if u think I'm lying, ask K.O.K

I'm not dragging positioing with you, all I'm saying is yesterday was a drag for drivers. Let's sight Monday morning for example, positioning has got nothing on monday morning or Sunday evening. 24hrs make a day, it may take 5am to 11:55pm for u to make 10k on a bad day, because it's a must, some can't stand 5am to 1pm not making same, the day is already showing sign of bad day for them and they just want to call it a day, we have different level of tolerance.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by michaelpenz(m): 12:02am On May 14, 2021
kaylobs:
Also you must know that you can only register with a certain type of car

For Uber X registration : It must be Toyota Camry or Corolla. any other brand of car will not be allowed for registration.

I have a car I want to register... I also want to assign a driver to that car. I am in Abuja, please, how do I go about it? Any help will be appreciated.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:37am On May 14, 2021
michaelpenz:

I have a car I want to register... I also want to assign a driver to that car. I am in Abuja, please, how do I go about it? Any help will be appreciated.

Bros you left us here go quote someone from 2015 so?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:10am On May 14, 2021
dru23:

Whatever alternative you find .. Make sure you Google it and read the reviews..... Project Farm on YouTube has a wealth of knowledge on oil analysis..... I strongly advice you check out his channel

D guy talking about American oils
He doesn’t know Mobil xhp or Mobil semi synthetic. SMH
I drive my car in Nigeria , I use Nigeria petrol, and ladipo spare parts but want me to use American oil.
Well I hold on tight to my Mobil xhp.

[img]https://media1./images/cb0387a19d5cd121dfe55b739a3c2b14/tenor.gif?itemid=11691814[/img]

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:38am On May 14, 2021
BAZ001:

D guy talking about American oils
He doesn’t know Mobil xhp or Mobil semi synthetic. SMH

I drive my car in Nigeria , I use Nigeria petrol, and ladipo spare parts but want me to use American oil.
Well I hold on tight to my Mobil xhp

[img]https://media1./images/cb0387a19d5cd121dfe55b739a3c2b14/tenor.gif?itemid=11691814[/img]

I don't mean any form of disrespect sir .. My major target customers are grade A tokunbo car owners.. car owners that spend millions of naira buying their car .. Car owners that are passionate about their cars and want to care for their car........

I was more motivated few years when I was dropping off a car at the port. I came across a luxury of clean cars . mostly Lexus and Benz .. These cars were going to Nigeria.. Clean title and no accident . And I said to myself that whoever buys these cars appreciate the beauty and the sophistication and elegance that comes with these cars..

And I wanted to be part of that journey to the car enthusiast club ....

Since you use Mobil xhp. I doubt u care much about ur car . And am sure ur car has all shade of colors with no A/c . And am sure all manner of smokes comes out the exhaust of ur car .. As long as the car gets you to Point A to point B u fine .. Am u are the type that by the sound of ur car ur neighbours can hear you car about 1 mile away ..And am sure you don't use coolant in ur car ......

Sir these are the reason why we don't relate on the importance of using good engine oil and proper maintenance of cars . this is not about engine oil only this is about appreciating the beauty of these cars..

Maybe you dont have a nice car to appreciate . when get that dream car of urs ..let us known and will be glad to supply you the needed parts

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanre2009: 4:37am On May 14, 2021
i buy HARDEX 5W30 around Egbeda for 10k

suco01:

Mobil 1 5w30 17k
Castrol 5w30 14k
Hardex 5w30 11k
Coastal 5w30 9k

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanre2009: 4:46am On May 14, 2021
Boss i actually made something tangible on both wednesday and yesterday (thursday), I really appreciate you sir for all the words of advice and encouragement. God bless you more sir.......

by the way guys, I AM JUST A LITTLE BIT OVER A MONTH IN THIS HUSTLE

Pearl1910:

Okay o, but I net 12k yesterday, despite starting work around 11am cos I went for car inspection.
Today now so far I don gross 10k.

Maybe I am lucky but positioning is very important.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:54am On May 14, 2021
suco01:

Mobil 1 5w30 17k
Castrol 5w30 14k
Hardex 5w30 11k
Coastal 5w30 9k

Likely mineral oil or semi synthetic. No way Mobil 1 full synthetic sells at that price except its fake.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:20am On May 14, 2021
dru23:

I don't mean any form of disrespect sir .. My major target customers are grade A tokunbo car owners.. car owners that spend millions of naira buying their car .. Car owners that are passionate about their cars and want to care for their car........

I was more motivated few years when I was dropping off a car at the port. I came across a luxury of clean cars . mostly Lexus and Benz .. These cars were going to Nigeria.. Clean title and no accident . And I said to myself that whoever buys these cars appreciate the beauty and the sophistication and elegance that comes with these cars..

Since you use Mobil xhp. I doubt u care much about ur car . And am sure ur car has all shade of colors with no A/c . And am sure all manner of smokes comes out the exhaust of ur car .. As long as the car gets you to Point A to point B u fine .. Am u are the type that by the sound of ur car ur neighbours can hear you car about 1 mile away ..And am sure you don't use coolant in ur car ......

Sir these are the reason why we don't relate on the importance of using good engine oil and proper maintenance of cars . this is not about engine oil only this is about appreciating the beauty of these cars..

Maybe you dont have a nice car to appreciate . when get that dream car of urs ..let us known and will be glad to supply you the needed parts

So if you born child for America and bring to Nigeria u must be importing American food to feed your baby in Nigeria?
What happen to our peak milk, milo , Eba and fufu or d child will be malnourished?

Oga Dru very very wrong, let me bring my car to your Mech or anybody here to inspect.
I bought my car Grade AA from New Jersey.
Though my kazeem misled me buy using Mobil xhp from beginning and I knew little about oil then. I switched to semi synthetic at some point but back to xhp.

For good 4years I didn’t change any single part of the car apart from tyres, oil , fill up AC gas.
But 6months into Ehailing, I ve changed compressor & condenser, shocks and linkage only.
I drive my car myself Baba Dru
I oven bake my car almost every 2yrs cos I’m allergic to scratches and lines on car.
I have to horn for people on street to know a car is coming cos d engine is too silent to a fault.
I already have people queuing to buy d car.
My riders wonder why I use such car for ehailing.

Engine oil (xhp) doesn’t mean you don’t value your car. I change oil every 3000miles.
However I agree Mobil 1 and all synthetic oil are better than xhp but we move.

[img]https://media1./images/9ad5a3258b4cf6045295b29af0ece9be/tenor.gif?itemid=18099714[/img]

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IsraelSongz: 7:40am On May 14, 2021
Good Morning Brothers. Please I need an advice. I want to get a foreign used car for Uber rentals because I have a job I don’t plan quitting. Can I honestly get someone who will pay 25k every week for rentals or is it impossible?

Also who pays for the repairs of the car if there’s a fault? Please guys help me with a response. Thank You.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:46am On May 14, 2021
BAZ001:

So if you born child for America and bring to Nigeria u must be importing American food to feed your baby in Nigeria?
What happen to our peak milk, milo , Eba and fufu or d child will be malnourished?

Oga Dru very very wrong, let me bring my car to your Mech or anybody here to inspect.
Though my kazeem misled me buy using Mobil xhp from beginning and I knew little about oil then. I switched to semi synthetic at some point but back to xhp.

For good 4years I didn’t change any single part of the car apart from tyres, oil , fill up AC gas.
But 6months into Ehailing, I ve changed compressor & condenser, shocks and linkage only.
I oven bake my car almost every 2yrs cos I’m allergic to scratches and lines on car.
I have to horn for people on street to know a car is coming cos d engine is too silent to a fault.

Engine oil (xhp) doesn’t mean you don’t value your car. I change oil every 3000miles.

[img]https://media1./images/9ad5a3258b4cf6045295b29af0ece9be/tenor.gif?itemid=18099714[/img]

So you said you valued ur car .. I don't think you valued enough reason below.......

You said you change ur oil every 3k miles... Now factor in Lagos traffic with stop and go etc .. Lagos traffic will actually wear out ur engine even more .... .. Since you are using Mobil xhp . you should be changing oil every 1500 miles since it is not full synthetic .........

With full synthetic and Lagos traffic been a factor than you can get away changing your oil every 4k miles instead 7k miles......

Now if you really love your car . you join the big boys club and go full Advance synthetic oil for 20kmiles and change oil for 7k miles........if u really want to care for the engine..

Ps .. You have enough money to buy Grade A tokunbo car that cost millions. But you can't spend money on good quality oil .. You spend 5k naira oil on a car worth millions.. I think you need to rethink my brother something is not right my brother.. Marawa okada fiits you better. You are part of the people that are depleting our foreign exchange reserve .. I blame Buhari for this

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:47am On May 14, 2021
lanre2009:
Boss i actually made something tangible on both wednesday and yesterday (thursday), I really appreciate you sir for all the words of advice and encouragement. God bless you more sir.......

by the way guys, I AM JUST A LITTLE BIT OVER A MONTH IN THIS HUSTLE

U r a pro already... deafen ur ears to mediocre talk, set a target, focus and grind to achieve it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:52am On May 14, 2021
BAZ001:

See shalayeing grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:58am On May 14, 2021
dru23:

So you said you valued ur car .. I don't think you valued enough reason below.......

Ps .. You have enough money to buy Grade A tokunbo car that cost millions. But you can't spend money on good quality oil .. You spend 5k naira oil on a car worth millions.. I think you need to rethink my brother something is not right my brother.. Marawa okada fiits you better. You are part of the people that are depleting our foreign exchange reserve .. I blame Buhari for this

Aggghhhaaa...how this wan relate grin... Are we still talking about Mobil 1 and Mobil XHP?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CodedTobx(m): 9:29am On May 14, 2021
Good morning guys, pls like how much can I buy ToyotaCamry 2005 Compressor? Is it advisable to repair it or change it completely?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 9:46am On May 14, 2021
pope191:

Earn well is relative, there's no survival/ success without some level of sacrifice... if u think I'm lying, ask K.O.K

I'm not dragging positioing with you, all I'm saying is yesterday was a drag for drivers. Let's sight Monday morning for example, positioning has got nothing on monday morning or Sunday evening. 24hrs make a day, it may take 5am to 11:55pm for u to make 10k on a bad day, because it's a must, some can't stand 5am to 1pm not making same, the day is already showing sign of bad day for them and they just want to call it a day, we have different level of tolerance.
one big odeku for u, a bad day is a bad day no doubt, e.g I might net 10K working from 8am to 3pm on a good day but on a bad day it might take me 8am to 10pm to net same 10K, someone like me once I notice a bad day i just drive home dem possibly monitor I driver for a long trip from my bed if am lucky i get if not next day is another day, meanwhile this pay as u go on indriver no make sense ooooo, after a trip yesterday na so dem hammer not to take more trips grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 10:04am On May 14, 2021
pope191:

Like today is worst 1 trip 20 drivers... going home, can't come and kill myself
Omo na God say make I no come out at all yesterday oo.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:15am On May 14, 2021
This kind pillow Na olosho babes go carry am away o. grin
PuZZyNegro:
If you are the driver that took my sister and her kids to the hospital, her daughter said I should tell you she enjoyed the trip.

Thanks for putting the pillow at the back seat of your car. She held onto the pillow all through the trip, that my sister was afraid she may find it difficult to let go when the trip ends cheesy

More innovation to you drivers

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:21am On May 14, 2021
I feel you bro. As for me, no negotiating recommended oil spec for cars. More reason it is difficult to get good naija used cars. They would have finished them with sludge from all these palm oils. For someone who buys grade A tokunbo, the best you can do for your car is use good oil too. A word is enough...
dru23:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:29am On May 14, 2021
Na so o. Pope191 talk am well. For instance, yesterday wasn't going well at all until the attached trip came in. Rider put 6k Lekki Phase 1.I no even negotiate am. Gbam she accepted my offer. Getting to PU, she told me Na Sangotedo axis she dey go. I renegotiated. She agreed to pay 7k. Las las I collected 7500 from her. Mind you that was my main online trip for the day around 6.30pm. I drove empty come back to Ikeja. At the end of the day, was still able to hit my daily target.
eyinola:
one big odeku for u, a bad day is a bad day no doubt, e.g I might net 10K working from 8am to 3pm on a good day but on a bad day it might take me 8am to 10pm to net same 10K, someone like me once I notice a bad day i just drive home dem possibly monitor I driver for a long trip from my bed if am lucky i get if not next day is another day, meanwhile this pay as u go on indriver no make sense ooooo, after a trip yesterday na so dem hammer not to take more trips grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:33am On May 14, 2021
dru23:

You said you change ur oil every 3k miles... Now factor in Lagos traffic with stop and go etc .. Lagos traffic will actually wear out ur engine even more .... .. Since you are using Mobil xhp . you should be changing oil every 1500 miles since it is not full synthetic .........

With full synthetic and Lagos traffic been a factor than you can get away changing your oil every 4k miles instead 7k miles......

Now if you really love your car . you join the big boys club and go full Advance synthetic oil for 20kmiles and change oil for 7k miles........if u really want to care for the engine..

I blame Desmond Elliot for this.
If not why should we be buying Mobil 1 USA , when we have Mobil 1 Nigerian standard.
Well if I buy a new Tokunbo I will start by using synthetic oil made in Nigeria, produced for Nigerian standard or from recognized partners/dealers that producer knows.
Not unrecognized back door partners that will sell Mobil 1 for 2yrs and tell me to change to super tech oil later. grin
I stick to one accessible and reliable brand.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 10:36am On May 14, 2021
lanre2009:
i buy HARDEX 5W30 around Egbeda for 10k

I use this same oil for my car too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3612) (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) ... (5717) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Gwhizzy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.