Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4782225 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3641) (3642) (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:14pm On May 24, 2021
shollywendy1:

You got a wrong figure in the calculation because you bought the corolla at a very high price that time. Corolla used to be btw 1.5 - 1.7 as against 2.2m you bought it.
Please recalculate using the average market value of corolla that year compare to the amount you sold it off, then you will understand the corolla is better.

Market value of 05 Corolla as @2017 was 1.3 - 1.5m.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shanid(m): 8:14pm On May 24, 2021
Pearl1910:

I am one of the people that speak against use of 20w50 when u r supposed to use 5w30 or as d case may be...reason is simple - it is not the recommended oil for your car. Nothing more nothing less...its not about brand or quality or price. Its just not the spec.
Also be wary of cheap synthetic blends in d market most of them are just label, only God and them know what they mix, package and sell.

Yes, u may not see any problem in d immediate term, when u use 20w50 but in d long run it definitely shows up in different ways; Loud engine sound, resistance in movement, sludge and cake deposits, Faulty oil pumps, bad oil seals, damaged timing chains, worn out valves, piston, rings, ultimately dead engine.

Beyond respecting peoples choice, one cannot help but educate, then u can choose what u like after knowing the pros and cons. If u want to optimise cost, don't be penny wise and pound foolish...look for a cheaper option within d same specification and maintain d life of your engine. The use of right oil can never be overemphasized and the difference is clear as crystal, especially in rugged and high mileage use like ehailing.

Wonder why people change engine after 2yrs of commercial use?
Wonder why engine performance and behavior drops after 3months of purchasing a tokunbo car? Its not our weather or roads or economy or witches/wizards its simply the quality of lubricant, all other things being equal. One of my car on ehailing has done over 300k miles, thats over 200k miles in Nigeria and sometimes u will not know d engine is on, Very quiet, Never opened d engine for 4yrs now.
What brand do you use for your cars
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:15pm On May 24, 2021
Pearl1910:

Well-done jare...
If guys on rental can pay partner 30k and still have 30k for themselves every week, doesn't that translate to owner partner making 60k in a week? No b person monthly salary be that? Bank teller that collects 60 or 70k and will still be paying shortage. lipsrsealed

Avoid mediocres!!!
bank tellers have been on 70k per month since at least 5 years ago. With the rising cost of inflation, I wonder how they make it. They've gone from suits to substandard shirts and they look.... Anyway. Choice.

Any week I net 60k was an extremely bad week.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:16pm On May 24, 2021
Shanid:

What brand do you use for your cars
weight is a lot more important than brand tbh. What brand does is mostly make you sure that the weight on the jug is exactly what's in the jug.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:23pm On May 24, 2021
AOB1:
bro how much did you bought the S40 and please can you help us with some pictures of the interior of the car because due to your analysis some of us are interested

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:28pm On May 24, 2021
Felicity001:

This piece was well meticulously put together. I must commend you in the data and records you shared in this write up.

To you question on how long it will take you to spend the different on fuel for your V.s40... I may be wrong in my calculation but this is what I came up with. You know what your millage was when you bought the Corolla and when you sold out so you can do the different to know base on mileage. This Will also give you an idea of how long it will take you to exhaust the 800k difference in price.

Now, in terms of ROI, assuming that car(Corolla) was on rental we can confidently say you made a net profit of about N2.6m.

For the civic less not talk much on it since we don't have much data to that regards but no profit was made for the one year you used the car since you spent about approximately 1.1m on buying and fixing and minor repairs + servicing for the 1yr and then sold at N550k. So you hustle backward.

In that note I believe you see my reason to why I said the corolla is a better investment decision whem compared to a civic? because even if you'd bought the civic tok @1.5m/1.7m (that was then price you would have still run at a lost due to its poor resale.

Lolz...See mathematician.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2021
donfortune48:

Market value of 05 Corolla as @2017 was 1.3 - 1.5m.
Reason why I asked him to re-calculate using the average market value of that year.
I even bought my 2007 corolla last year january (2020) for 1.8m not to talk of 2017
He will realise that the savage value is slightly lower than the purchase value.
Then corolla is better
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Paparaxo(m): 8:31pm On May 24, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
bank tellers have been on 70k per month since at least 5 years ago. With the rising cost of inflation, I wonder how they make it. They've gone from suits to substandard shirts and they look.... Anyway. Choice.

Make una teach us work na. We wey be newbie sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Aradeyo: 8:31pm On May 24, 2021
judymoz:

No wahala boss will do that. But if you get first and another offer does open for you too, you can do likewise too wink. Thanks boss

Sure cool
However, you may call this boss 08182156929
If you're around lekki axis, Magodo and environs. I called him like 2/3weeks ago, unfortunately, I'm far from his desired location

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DeleTheD: 8:34pm On May 24, 2021
@Ghost.
I still don't understand the reason behind selling a civic in good working condition for a volvo, and at the same time advising people to go for the civic.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:38pm On May 24, 2021
shollywendy1:

You got a wrong figure in the calculation because you bought the corolla at a very high price that time. Corolla used to be btw 1.5 - 1.7 as against 2.2m you bought it.
Please recalculate using the average market value of corolla that year compare to the amount you sold it off, then you will understand which one is better.

A 06 Civic DX and 06 Civic EX are same car same year but their prices cannot be the same. E get why.
I didn't buy it high, it was an 06 and I'm sure same way I saw it on jiji is same way I saw others. I wouldn't clearly see a better proposition somewhere and still insist on paying 500k extra. At 2017 demand push inflation had hit the corolla and it was as overpriced as it is today.
At its current price do you think it's worth that value?
Anyhow, the point of my post is not to say the corolla is a good or bad car.
Make of my post what you will... I don waka

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:42pm On May 24, 2021
XGhost:

The price of anything is what you're willing to pay for it. I didn't buy it high, it was an 06 and I'm sure same way I saw it on jiji is same way I saw others. I wouldn't clearly see a better proposition somewhere and still insist on paying 500k extra. At 2017 demand push inflation had hit the corolla and it was as overpriced as it is today.
At its current price do you think it's worth that value?
Anyhow, the point of my post is not to say the corolla is a good or bad car.
Make of my post what you will... I don waka
We all know that the prices of corolla and matrix are over hyped. But your purchase price was part of the reason why you didn't gain much on the corolla. That 500k makes a lot of difference in the profit.
I bought my 2007 corolla last year january for 1.8m. And if I'm calculate how much have spent on repairs. Then, the corolla value is worth it.
Pearl1910 has once said it here before which I agree with him that getting non-problematic cars is a luck
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:43pm On May 24, 2021
DeleTheD:
@Ghost.
I still don't understand the reason behind selling a civic in good working condition for a volvo, and at the same time advising people to go for the civic.

It was a stop gap car. Plan was to use it for a year and upgrade.
I made points as to why the civic presents a better value proposition, I thought that point was clear
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:47pm On May 24, 2021
shollywendy1:

We all know that the prices of corolla and matrix are over hyped. But your purchase price was part of the reason why you didn't gain much on the corolla. That 500k makes a lot of difference in the profit.
I bought my 2007 corolla last year january for 1.8m. And if I'm calculate how much have spent on repairs. Then, the corolla value is worth it.
Pearl1910 has once said it here before which I agree with him that getting non-problematic cars is a luck

Ok
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 8:51pm On May 24, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Oga, park well and mind your damn business. Jeez. Everytime I post here, someone always has something to say. Tf?

If everybody is minding their business w we won’t all be here.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:55pm On May 24, 2021
Duke111:

If everybody is minding their business w we won’t all be here.

Okay.B

Anything else?

If no, you can proceed to F off.

If yes, you can also proceed to F off.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AOB1: 9:00pm On May 24, 2021
XGhost:

very clean car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DeleTheD: 9:07pm On May 24, 2021
XGhost:

It was a stop gap car. Plan was to use it for a year and upgrade.
I made points as to why the civic presents a better value proposition, I thought that point was clear

So did you buy the volvo just for ehailing or you have other plans for it ?
That money could have bought 3 civics for uber, considering the amount you sold your civic.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:14pm On May 24, 2021
shollywendy1:

Reason why I asked him to re-calculate using the average market value of that year.
I even bought my 2007 corolla last year january (2020) for 1.8m not to talk of 2017
He will realise that the savage value is slightly lower than the purchase value.
Then corolla is better

You can even get 05 Corolla at that 2.2m now seff. And he's telling me 2.2m at 2017.

Hp for corolla then was even 2.5m.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chuwaa2: 9:15pm On May 24, 2021
dru23:

Maybe I was misquoted sir ... I never tag anyone poorer for using Mobil xhp... I did say if u can afford a car that cost millions you should be able to afford good quality oil .........

Also I do strongly encourage tokunbo car owners to use quality oil from the start.. This will help them to continue to maintain their cars.... Things are expensive now .......

I do apologize for any misconception I might have created along the way ..........

Plz keep in mind am a part time comedian .... People that know me and have my whatapps number . know that I post regularly funny video on my status.......

If you get to know me I am the most funniest and humble person u ever meet .... I know I be petty at times.....

So sorry again for any misconception I might have created .......i know people will yup me for these post .. And I will yup them back grin

Bipolar?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:34pm On May 24, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...Baz001, is this still a joke or provocation or degradation...let's focus on issues abeg

Na joke we dey oh.
You know as Dru and d guy dey worry everybody for this thread. Guess na my turn dis season. They will soon leave me and face somebody else but right now I need bullet proofs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by judymoz(m): 9:36pm On May 24, 2021
Aradeyo:

Sure cool
However, you may call this boss 08182156929
If you're around lekki axis, Magodo and environs. I called him like 2/3weeks ago, unfortunately, I'm far from his desired location

Thank you very much for this info.. i stay at ogba and i will call him if i fall into his prefered location. smiley smiley smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:38pm On May 24, 2021
CheerfulGiver:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:38pm On May 24, 2021
Paparaxo:

Make una teach us work na. We wey be newbie sad
What drives you may not be what drives you. Even after teaching you the tips and tricks, if you're not passionate and focused enough and have the wrong mental attitude, you're bound to fail.

Your failure will be as sure as the sunrise.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 9:39pm On May 24, 2021
donfortune48:

You can even get 05 Corolla at that 2.2m now seff. And he's telling me 2.2m at 2017.

Hp for corolla then was even 2.5m.
You are correct. A friend of mine got it this amount
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:52pm On May 24, 2021
Next

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 9:56pm On May 24, 2021
Pearl1910:

I am one of the people that speak against use of 20w50 when u r supposed to use 5w30 or as d case may be...reason is simple - it is not the recommended oil for your car. Nothing more nothing less...its not about brand or quality or price. Its just not the spec.
Also be wary of cheap synthetic blends in d market most of them are just label, only God and them know what they mix, package and sell.

Yes, u may not see any problem in d immediate term, when u use 20w50 but in d long run it definitely shows up in different ways; Loud engine sound, resistance in movement, sludge and cake deposits, Faulty oil pumps, bad oil seals, damaged timing chains, worn out valves, piston, rings, ultimately dead engine.

Beyond respecting peoples choice, one cannot help but educate, then u can choose what u like after knowing the pros and cons. If u want to optimise cost, don't be penny wise and pound foolish...look for a cheaper option within d same specification and maintain d life of your engine. The use of right oil can never be overemphasized and the difference is clear as crystal, especially in rugged and high mileage use like ehailing.

Wonder why people change engine after 2yrs of commercial use?
Wonder why engine performance and behavior drops after 3months of purchasing a tokunbo car? Its not our weather or roads or economy or witches/wizards its simply the quality of lubricant, all other things being equal. One of my car on ehailing has done over 300k miles, thats over 200k miles in Nigeria and sometimes u will not know d engine is on, Very quiet, Never opened d engine for 4yrs now.

But where was this supertech before now?
Maybe if @Dru had made this research earlier before now some of the people using XHP would have been using it instead and I am sure the price of supertech then would be avoidable by many but we were brainwashed that no other oil can do the job except Mobile 1. And now that Mobile 1 price skyrocket supertech surfaced suddenly. What if the price of supertech goes up when demand is high? There is always alternative jor

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 10:07pm On May 24, 2021
dru23:

Maybe I was misquoted sir ... I never tag anyone poorer for using Mobil xhp... I did say if u can afford a car that cost millions you should be able to afford good quality oil .........

Also I do strongly encourage tokunbo car owners to use quality oil from the start.. This will help them to continue to maintain their cars.... Things are expensive now .......

I do apologize for any misconception I might have created along the way ..........

Plz keep in mind am a part time comedian .... People that know me and have my whatapps number . know that I post regularly funny video on my status.......

If you get to know me I am the most funniest and humble person u ever meet .... I know I be petty at times.....

So sorry again for any misconception I might have created .......i know people will yup me for these post .. And I will yup them back grin
Nice one. You are a winner Bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2021
Pearl1910:

Which year of corolla did u buy for 2.2m in 2017?

Secondly, u have to drive ur Volvo for minimum 1yr on ehailing before u can really compare it with the Corolla and Civic that u already have a first hand experience with.
Until then, it may be erroneous/misleading to paint a picture of the Volvo S40 being good enough or better than corolla/civic.

Still wondering why u sold an 04 civic without issues for 530k in this 2021. Full disclosure please. Or did u do give away?

Hmm... Bad guy sighted cool

Good critical thinking... But the truth is he could have a test of luxury like myself, because left for me life is all about comfort and not money per say
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...Baz001, is this still a joke or provocation or degradation...let's focus on issues abeg

Leave a fool to folly in his Fool's paradise.

He just showed his show of frustration.

We're talkimg money here he's talking nonsense.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:45pm On May 24, 2021
samobaba4u:

But where was this supertech before now?
Maybe if @Dru had made this research earlier before now some of the people using XHP would have been using it instead and I am sure the price of supertech then would be avoidable by many but we were brainwashed that no other oil can do the job except Mobile 1. And now that Mobile 1 price skyrocket supertech surfaced suddenly. What if the price of supertech goes up when demand is high? There is always alternative jor

Brainwash

[img]https://media1./images/74485abe9338e4ca53e91a9a6992247d/tenor.gif?itemid=12915782[/img]

Brainwashing has started on super tech, but if you try to expose him, he will come for you.
D guy must sell oil as Mobil 1 no move again

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2021
wickedmmm:
Good day brothers. I'm considering going into the Uber/bolt business with a budget of 600-700k what car do you think will be best for me to purchase.
I'm based in Abuja

Honestly I wonder why the black man is so daft... N9 wonder the white says, "you wanna hide an information from the bpack man, put it into black and white".

This is us talking in details about car option and here we have a gentle man asking a question out discusion is subject around it in full dose.

Use your head abi u dey whine us no...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3641) (3642) (3643) (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.