Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4805125 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) (3650) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 12:45pm On May 25, 2021
DMechyy:

Buy the right weight.

And any brand will do.

The sad part is, what really maters is, what's in the jug. You will have jugs stamped with 5w30, and whats in it is SAE40.

Then it brings us to brand. I can trust a brand, because when they say it is 5w30 it is actually 5w30 and not groundnut oil.

It also takes us to where you source your oil from. 100%, a number of the people buying Mobil 1 are only buying 'can' or another palm oil, cos they are buying from shady sources. You could make a lot of money just selling mobil 1 empty jugs lipsrsealed

It will interest you to know, you have a high propensity of buying the faked most hated XHP if you are buying from shady source...

So actually, the most important factor is where you source your oil from and trusted brands. So when they are selling 5w30 to you, you are actually buying 5w30.

That was how I bought one Mobil 1 full synthetic oil and the 15k km fram filter hoping to run the oil for 7k miles.

At around 6k miles, I stepped into the vehicle one Sunday morning ready to start the day's hustle. Next thing I saw was the oil light. I knew what that meant and just turned off the vehicle. The following day, I drove straight to the mech and when he opened that engine cover(no idea what its called), omo see sludge.

I was livid and called the seller. What he said did not surprise me. He said said the mechanic must have used another oil. Bros, I'm not an idiot. How can I buy that kind of expensive oil and not stay with the mechanic. I was with the mechanic all through and except he's Boris Wild there's no way he's using another oil and I won't see him.

That singular incidence I'm sure must have caused some damage to the engine. This is because a perfectly working engine now burns oil. I guess I have to thank God it wasn't a total damage else na to dey find 250k for another engine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2021
XGhost:
I generally like to read comments here to amuse myself.
I'll drop this here for people who can think.
For context, I started e-hailing with a corolla, moved to a Civic 04 (dru23) and now I use a Volvo S40.
In my opinion, the corolla is not worth the hype and the hassle. There's more to a car than fuel efficiency and I must say that the corolla is not exactly fantastic in this regard especially when you contrast it against the sacrifice of performance and comfort that you're making.
In April 2017 my corolla was bought for 2.2m and sold last year for 1.230, that's a hit of 950k. In those 3 years, I changed the hub and suspension assembly, AC components, then it had a brain box issue later NO engine/Transmission issues.
April Last year I got a used civic 04 for 450k, spent about 1m on it for the 1 year I had it. Oven bake, suspension assembly, AC, electrical ish and regular maintenance inclusive. I sold it last week for 530 without issues. So give or take a 1m hit.
Got my S40 for 1.7. CLEAN civic EX trim was priced at 1.9 (that's the least I saw) Corolla, lol, we know how far so no need.
While the S40 is not giving me the fuel efficiency of the civic or the corolla, performance and comfort is millions of miles ahead of the Japanese. My S40 is FULL OPTIONS, leather, power everything, parking sensors EVERYTHING and it moves like a dream. Add the humbling it gives riders when I pull up and they enter inside. Since I got it, no rider don talk rudely to me lol.
Now the numbers. While the S40 is not doing the fuel economy of the corolla, it is 800k less to buy today. For clarity, my corolla was doing 1ltr per 10km, S40 is doing 1.15 per 10km. So that's Ask yourself, how long will it take me to spend that extra 800k on petrol?
The parts of the S40 I HEAR are cheaper than the Corolla, I say I HEAR because I have not had to change anything yet. I know for sure that engine and transmission are much cheaper than the Corolla sha. So where exactly is the economy?
The 2nd hand value myth, I have debunked several times here. Mind you, the figures for the Corolla was only purchase price. In those three years about 700k was spent on maintenance. Add that to 2.2 then subtract the price it was sold for. I didn't talk much about the civic because its own parts are much much cheaper than the Corolla parts, imagine changing complete hub assembly (hub,brake discs, brake pads, ball joints) for 16k. Compressor was 15k. Parts were cheap And they lasted till I sold the car.

I primarily felt the need to post this because I adviced someone who had saved up 1.4 but was looking for a loan to add so he could get a toks corolla. I told him to take that money and buy a toks civic 04 or 05. He said na corolla or nothing, as he no see toks money, he bought a naija used and now he has his mechanic on speed dial.

There's nothing in this business like driving your own car. If you have saved up something go and get a used civic, BE SURE to do your due diligence before buying, but I will tell you categorically that your risk exposure is less with the civic. You will make the same amount of money but you'll spend less.
This is eyes opener. Thanks for this information. Blessings fall on you continuously

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 1:29pm On May 25, 2021
Pearl1910:

Which year of corolla did u buy for 2.2m in 2017?

Secondly, u have to drive ur Volvo for minimum 1yr on ehailing before u can really compare it with the Corolla and Civic that u already have a first hand experience with.
Until then, it may be erroneous/misleading to paint a picture of the Volvo S40 being good enough or better than corolla/civic.

Still wondering why u sold an 04 civic without issues for 530k in this 2021. Full disclosure please. Or did u do give away?
Sebi Na civic him dey advice prospective investors to buy not Volvo because him talk sey he never get all gist about Volvo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 1:32pm On May 25, 2021
Please does anyone have an idea for the price of Camry 05 Alternator?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 1:33pm On May 25, 2021
Well said. Abeg Na your location dey do me as per your tracker. Na me dey chat you on WhatsApp on Sunday. I'm at Ikeja.
DMechyy:

Buy the right weight.

And any brand will do.

The sad part is, what really maters is, what's in the jug. You will have jugs stamped with 5w30, and whats in it is SAE40.

Then it brings us to brand. I can trust a brand, because when they say it is 5w30 it is actually 5w30 and not groundnut oil.

It also takes us to where you source your oil from. 100%, a number of the people buying Mobil 1 are only buying 'can' or another palm oil, cos they are buying from shady sources. You could make a lot of money just selling mobil 1 empty jugs lipsrsealed

It will interest you to know, you have a high propensity of buying the faked most hated XHP if you are buying from shady source...

So actually, the most important factor is where you source your oil from and trusted brands. So when they are selling 5w30 to you, you are actually buying 5w30.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 1:34pm On May 25, 2021
How much you want as loan?
bukitt:
Can anyone please recommend where I can get a loan with collateral?

Check my profile for collateral.

Thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DMechyy: 1:37pm On May 25, 2021
davit:
Well said. Abeg Na your location dey do me as per your tracker. Na me dey chat you on WhatsApp on Sunday. I'm at Ikeja.

Immediately you get to deeper life headquarters Gbagada, you don reach
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by anthony533(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

But, we were in a Covid lockdown for 3months last year. If i could recall vividly well, in some parts of Lagos, Okada was banned for a month or so, even after the lockdown before they started sneaking out.
Which soap you use? undecided
I started riding it march 2019 and was lucky to save up a million naira just before the lockdown...at eleko in ibeju-lekki here during the lockdown we we're still carrying passengers but don't go to highways...if u have been to ibeju-lekki you will know that there is no tarred road...road here re bad even up till now...and during the lockdown dangote refinery workers re still going to work daily..but riding okada that times is not an easy thing because of the bad road...but at the end my sacrifice paid off..I really worked very hard then and my body is rugged too..not for lazy people sha

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by anthony533(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2021
[quote author=anthony533 post=102050228]I started riding it march 2019 and was lucky to save up a million naira just before the lockdown...at eleko in ibeju-lekki here during the lockdown we we're still carrying passengers but don't go to highways...if u have been to ibeju-lekki you will know that there is no tarred road...road here re bad even up till now...and during the lockdown dangote refinery workers re still going to work daily..but riding okada that times is not an easy thing because of the bad road...but at the end my sacrifice paid off..then my daily savings was 4k to 5k.. every 7days I must deposit 30k in my zenith account then...most times I don't even go to church at that time..I really worked very hard then and my body is rugged too..not for lazy people sha.. right now I work with my korope 5days in a week and save nothing less than a 100k... though by next year I should be out of this country by God grace

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 2:05pm On May 25, 2021
[quote author=anthony533 post=102050450][/quote]

Do you operate from ilaje, Ajah down to Abraham Adesanya- Sangotedo- Awoyaya- Eputu-Bogije -Baba Adisa down to Eleko with your Korope?

How many return journey do you do daily within those routes i mentioned?
How much do you pay for ticketing & parking ?

With the influx of Sand & granite trucks on that road, how have you been able to navigate well without any casualty? ( i know say na God dey protect man but those tipper drivers no get joy)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:08pm On May 25, 2021
IFSHR:

The funny things about those "see how much I earn folks" is that most of them drive their own cars and will only come out here to show earnings and will never tell you about the car maintenance expenses incurred, I drive my car and know how deep car maintenance and repairs can hit deep into your savings due to current exchange rate.... net Profit is equals to net income less net expenses...not net income abeg

If you like make 500k in a month or 1m in a month, if you choose to display for all to see, kindly let the public know the overhead cost of the earnings as well.

How u go win contract of 2m use 1.5m take execute am, but you come carry 2m cheque wey dem pay u dey display for all to see abeg getat.

I just changed shocks and it’s still peppering me for body. It just sucked 2weeks net earnings.
I know how much I have made in 2weeks but I can’t brag or be happy about it cos I know how much I spent in maintaining the car.
Experience is the best teacher make them resign come see how easy it is to net 60k every week

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:15pm On May 25, 2021
kanuisagoat:

That was how I bought one Mobil 1 full synthetic work the 15k km from filter hoping to run the oil for 7k miles.

At around 6k miles, I stepped into the vehicle one Sunday morning ready to start the day's hustle. Next thing I saw was the oil light. I knew what that meant and just turned off the vehicle. The following day, I drove straight to the mech and when he opened that engine cover(no idea what its called), omo see sludge.

I was livid and called the seller. What he said did not surprise me. He said said the mechanic must have used another oil. Bros, I'm not an idiot. How can I buy that kind of expensive oil and not stay with the mechanic. I was with the mechanic all through and except he's Boris Wild there's no way he's using another oil and I won't see him.

That singular incidence I'm sure must have caused some damage to the engine. This is because a perfectly working engine now burns oil. I guess I have to thank God it wasn't a total damage else na to dey find 250k for another engine.

This why I tell people to buy their oil from a reliable source... Fake Mobil 1 full market now more than ever. And we tell people to make sure you are present when they are doing oil change.... I have been a victim of this before ........

When you are using full synthetic oil regardless how long you use it ...sludge is not supposed to occurred at all.. The worse case is that the oil will get very dark like .

All my uber cars that uses Mobil 1 EP has never had sludge . And I change oil every 7k miles and even some car manuals will tell you to change oil every 7k miles.......So plz know where u buy ur oil from

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:27pm On May 25, 2021
Pearl1910:

Shey...for someone who is advocating for cheaper cars ba. grin grin
But for real that car will give u poor rating and it doesn't have prestige. I don't recommend that car, even though it thicks all d boxes. But for prestige, class and self confidence. Don't say these are not necessary since u r using it for taxi business. If u r a driver u will understand. 06-08 Civic is a better choice. That's why some of us are looking for alternative to corolla. Corolla don cast, anywhere u go, even when on ur private waka, security, car park people, police, lastma, agbero, danfo all think u r uber

Boss say what you know biko, civic won't give you prestige out of ignorance and Nigeria mentality. If you see someone that have used 02/04 civic, trust me! They we beg u to treat it well, nah machine. I've seen folks walked up to me and like wow! This is one of the neatest civic they have seen and how dey love their own. But when you see someone that have not use a car before or the civic in particular, they kind of frown face like big daddy is everything and me I don't like that big daddy for anything, it makes me feel like I'm about to hit my head on the screen.

As for review, what I get sometimes r, your car is low and what year is this? So uber accept 99 cars now. Me! Look them with straight face, oga!!! But for rating, guess the below pix will do d talking irrespective of not doing more than 5 trips a day and technically offlines most times.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:04pm On May 25, 2021
Pearl1910:

Can they fix tyre that has bent? Or torn across the side?? Or swollen up in America
you no talk all that one b4 grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:04pm On May 25, 2021
Pearl1910:

Agha...since when u start to fear abuse . grin
Abeg talk ooo...corolla wan cut person neck. Looking for a worthy alternative.

No be fear. When I start my own I look like an agbaya so it's not a fair fight grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:05pm On May 25, 2021
AOB1:
please ma we need more explanation about this Volvo products please explain much better for us.
highest safety ratings, in this market reasonable priced with tons of comfort and drive well. Sedans are good on gas too.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:07pm On May 25, 2021
Shanid:
okay ,thank you for this point but let me be clear in this , are you saying 10w30 is better than 5w30 ??
NO NO NO NO NO

what I'm saying is using the correct weight for YOUR car is more important than the brand.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 3:10pm On May 25, 2021
dru23:

This why I tell people to buy their oil from a reliable source... Fake Mobil 1 full market now more than ever. And we tell people to make sure you are present when they are doing oil change.... I have been a victim of this before ........

When you are using full synthetic oil regardless how long you use it ...sludge is not supposed to occurred at all.. The worse case is that the oil will get very dark like .

All my uber cars that uses Mobil 1 EP has never had sludge . And I change oil every 7k miles and even some car manuals will tell you to change oil every 7k miles.......So plz know where u buy ur oil from

I have learnt my lessons.

Do you know they sell empty Mobil 1 keg

So If your way of knowing genuine oil is by scanning the barcode, you're on your own.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 3:15pm On May 25, 2021
radautoworks:

NO NO NO NO NO

what I'm saying is using the correct weight for YOUR car is more important than the brand.

It still boils down to the brand jare.

How can we even trust that what these brands say is inside the keg is what is actually inside.

What's stopping them from putting 20w50 and slamming 5w20 on the body.

People have used the correct oil weight from some of these brands and have had engine issues.

Na to stick with reliable brands with track record and good reviews

Didn't hear from you again on the cost of the oil
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bukitt: 3:32pm On May 25, 2021
davit:
How much you want as loan?

2.5 million
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 3:37pm On May 25, 2021
bukitt:

2.5 million

What collateral do you have ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frubben(m): 4:02pm On May 25, 2021
Men today dry oooo. wetin dey sup now sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bronks9174: 4:13pm On May 25, 2021
guys pls is it compulsory to do LASDRI permit before I can do uber inspection or it's just my vehicle papers?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:24pm On May 25, 2021
XGhost:

To be honest leather interior is cool and it make your AC even chill well but believe me you will hate it during raining seasons because most time its wet from riders coming in wet therefore getting torn.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:30pm On May 25, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...See mathematician.

Bro how much will that fuel different of almost 40k fetch you at every 10kmiles? because that's the different base on fuel consumption as against the Corolla. But one thing I know about the German car is it's strong, rigid, rugged and last longer but the main down sode is availability of mechanic.

The car self no dey quick spoil like that... Go to villages that's what most farmers uses for their bush market transportation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DeleTheD: 4:37pm On May 25, 2021
Abeg what's so special about sitting in the owner's corner of a car ?
Me naturally likes to sit in the front because it gives me great views and better leg room. Well, maybe when I become bigman, I go understand.

My rider this hot afternoon was complaining about the ac not getting to her at the back. I told her to come over to the front if she don't mind that it's better in front. But she said no, that she's okay at the back.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 4:39pm On May 25, 2021
pope191:

Boss say what you know biko, civic won't give you prestige out of ignorance and Nigeria mentality. If you see someone that have used 02/04 civic, trust me! They we beg u to treat it well, nah machine. I've seen folks walked up to me and like wow! This is one of the neatest civic they have seen and how dey love their own. But when you see someone that have not use a car before or the civic in particular, they kind of frown face like big daddy is everything and me I don't like that big daddy for anything, it makes me feel like I'm about to hit my head on the screen.

As for review, what I get sometimes r, your car is low and what year is this? So uber accept 99 cars now. Me! Look them with straight face, oga!!! But for rating, guess the below pix will do d talking irrespective of not doing more than 5 trips a day and technically offlines most times.

Please bruv which year of Civic are u using?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 4:41pm On May 25, 2021
radautoworks:
you no talk all that one b4 grin

Ok tell us wetin again fit do tire apart from the ones mentioned whey dem dey repair for USb grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Josephase: 4:45pm On May 25, 2021
i hope someone answers this question
bronks9174:
guys pls is it compulsory to do LASDRI permit before I can do uber inspection or it's just my vehicle papers?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:48pm On May 25, 2021
BAZ001:

I just changed shocks and it’s still peppering me for body. It just sucked 2weeks net earnings.
I know how much I have made in 2weeks but I can’t brag or be happy about it cos I know how much I spent in maintaining the car.
Experience is the best teacher make them resign come see how easy it is to net 60k every week

Baba, Repairs on cars can suck money.
I just withdrew 20k from pos in the morning, that I should just service car n try n flex with the remaining change.

When I got to the mechanic,

Mobil--7k
Filter- 1k
Camshaft sensor-4.5
Workmaship- 2k ( with abeg join grin)

Going home, just branched a place to buy something, start motor, car started making some noise.

Discovered its kick, something about bendits.
Bendits/ rewire- 3k
T.p- 5h.
Workmanship - 2.5k

That's how 20k vanished with the car in a day. Even yesterday, car was still giving issues,. 2 days now, zero income.

We shouldn't paint a picture of its all a smooth sail as per finances in this hustle.

Rewire came back n said bendits can't be repaired, that I have to buy a new tokunbo kick @ 12,500 embarassed......

Conclusion: 30k vanished with the car in a single day.

But I thank Baba God, @ least no be 3MB or inside traffic the car go misbehave.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 5:02pm On May 25, 2021
DeleTheD:
Abeg what's so special about sitting in the owner's corner of a car ?
Me naturally likes to sit in the front because it gives me great views and better leg room. Well, maybe when I become bigman, I go understand.

My rider this hot afternoon was complaining about the ac not getting to her at the back. I told her to come over to the front if she don't mind that it's better in front. But she said no, that she's okay at the back.

They want the world to know they are using bolt na grin. Sitting at the owners corner in a corolla grin

For the ladies, I will even understand.

What I find very difficult to understand is when you carry young guys like you o. A normal guyman will sit at the back so the whole world will know his fellow guyman is a bolt driver grin

That's why people like chucsmoore tinted their vehicle. If you like, stand at the back, no one will see you cheesy

20 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2021
Felicity001:

To be honest leather interior is cool and it make your AC even chill well but believe me you will hate it during raining seasons because most time its wet from riders coming in wet therefore getting torn.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3644) (3645) (3646) (3647) (3648) (3649) (3650) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Pearl1910 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.