Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,038 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4774069 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) (3748) (3749) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RickTisci: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
dru23:

I no fit risk my reputation name and brand... I no fit recommend any car dealer at all .. My personal dealer that sells for me he dey craze every now and than ...na manage I dey manage them as I dey manage my drivers..........

Check on Jiji the last time I check I no see any civic either naija used or Tokunbo....
ok egbon.. Thanks for your time. I go waka small inside Lagos be that

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
Paparaxo:

Safe to say we are their daily bread grin

That means the person with the stronger prayer gets the daily bread grin.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2021
RickTisci:
what year of civic are you looking at?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RickTisci: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
emmancecute:
what year of civic are you looking at?
nah 2005 bro... Nah tokunbo I dey look for...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
Slickleo:
[/b]

Don't worry u will soon attach ur driving school certificate with the milage. grin
Lollzzzzzzz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
Felicity0001:
Omo i just leave area F like dis since 11:48pm last night... Full gist coming soon make I reach house sleep

Lol. Is part of this business bro, any real hustler on this Ehailing job must have been to aleast 3 different police stations,

Me since I stated this work in 2015, I have been to 7 different police stations in Lagos on different offence commited knowingly and unknowingly.

1 . Ogudu police station : Driving without tinted permit in 2015. I paid fine ₦5000

2. Maroko Police station: Driving one-way at midnight due to bad road. I bailed my car for ₦10,000 with serious begging and pleading. I slept in police station to collect my car the following day. That's was 2016

3. IGando police station: I picked up G boys from ikeja going to Lasu gate, police stop us at IGando bustop, they search phones of those boys and found white women pictures and some tools they use in collecting money from client. I tried to explain to them I drive Uber, they refused to listen, Na so dem carry us go police station. Getting to the station, they compelled us to write statement. Luckily for me, one of the boys called his uncle who happened to be the Commissioner of police Lagos state. He demanded they release us with immediate effect. They freed us immediately without wasting time. That was in 2017.

4. Maroko Police Station again. grin : I picked up a Nigerian Artist based in UK in Lekki phase 1 close to Don jazzy's Mavin studio. The dude was going to Palms ShopRite Oniru. On getting to his destination he alighted and paid me. After 10mins of driving off from ShopRite, I got a call from him that his wallet is missing. I searched the nooks and crannies of the car I didn't find any wallet. I called to tell him I didn't see his wallet, I had to drive back to Palms to clarify myself. Getting there, we both searched the car again. We didn't see the wallet. He insisted we go to the station. We got there and entered there was no officer to attend to us. We drove back to his pick up location, he searched his house and found his wallet on the dinning table. 2018

5. Somolu Police Station: Google Map took me through one way, as I was about to exit the one way Some police men hiding for one corner jump out from no where stop me, collected the car keys, impounded my car and took my particulars and my car keys. They were threating that my car will be Auctioned for taking one way. I had to beg and beg. We sha settled at ₦8,000. This was 2019

6. Ikorodu Police Station: I took BRT lane, because I wasn't familiar with Ikorodu road network. And there was serious traffic. Task force stopped me at Majidun and ceased the car. This was the biggest fine I have ever paid. ₦35,000. Initial they were demanding for ₦90,000. That was 2019

7. Ikeja police station: This happened recently. I was coming from festac that faithful night after dropping off rider. I decided blow to empty back home, it was pass 12 and I didn't know lockdown was still on. Naso I jam police for ikeja underbridge. They stopped alot of cars and took us to the police station. They were claiming we violated Covid19 rules and they would lock us up in a cell. grin, But deep down in my mind I knew they were trying to shalo us. At d end everybody Paid ₦3000 to bail himself grin

Police matter and Ehailing business are like 5 & 6, is something one will encounter, but the most important thing is to always learn from every mistake or offence commited so it doesn't repeat again. Because sometimes the subsequent mistake or offence might cost you alot than the previous ones.

I am patiently waiting for the Gist grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
BAZ001:

Please help me with the English
For Empty vessels that makes the loudest noise.
Like people shouting online that they are rich but bank account is empty ?
Gharial , Mama Radautoworks help
Pls guys help just simple word

[img]https://media1./images/5f3cb6fb0a39736d3c3c0521e234a1c8/tenor.gif?itemid=7855913[/img]

Liar grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
RickTisci:

Ok bro good luck
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
tojahh:

Tell am say you sef don put your phone for *Do not shalaye*

angry

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
Slickleo:

Sell dat your latest Civic with tint to d guy. As u Dy Yankee buy another send collect ur profit. Rest

That civic go start wrk next week..... The car was in good shape nothing to fix .. So I no fit sell am even though I was tempted to do so
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
RickTisci:
nah 2005 bro... Nah tokunbo I dey look for...
I can hunt for you if you're game and ready. I'm in like 7 dealer groups on WA.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2021
It pays to learn from other people's experiences too. Nice sharing. shocked
GeneralZodd:

Lol. Is part of this business bro, any real hustler on this Ehailing job must have been to aleast 3 different police stations,

Me since I stated this work in 2015, I have been to 7 different police stations in Lagos on different offence commited knowingly and unknowingly.

1 . Ogudu police station : Driving without tinted permit in 2015. I paid fine ₦5000

2. Maroko Police station: Driving one-way at midnight due to bad road. I bailed my car for ₦10,000 with serious begging and pleading. I slept in police station to collect my car the following day. That's was 2016

3. IGando police station: I picked up G boys from ikeja going to Lasu gate, police stop us at IGando bustop, they search phones of those boys and found white women pictures and some tools they use in collecting money from client. I tried to explain to them I drive Uber, they refused to listen, Na so dem carry us go police station. Getting to the station, they compelled us to write statement. Luckily for me, one of the boys called his uncle who happened to be the Commissioner of police Lagos state. He demanded they release us with immediate effect. They freed us immediately without wasting time. That was in 2017.

4. Maroko Police Station again. grin : I picked up a Nigerian Artist based in UK in Lekki phase 1 close to Don jazzy's Mavin studio. The dude was going to Palms ShopRite Oniru. On getting to his destination he alighted and paid me. After 10mins of driving off from ShopRite, I got a call from him that his wallet is missing. I searched the nooks and crannies of the car I didn't find any wallet. I called to tell him I didn't see his wallet, I had to drive back to Palms to clarify myself. Getting there, we both searched the car again. We didn't see the wallet. He insisted we go to the station. We got there and entered there was no officer to attend to us. We drove back to his pick up location, he searched his house and found his wallet on the dinning table. 2018

5. Somolu Police Station: Google Map took me through one way, as I was about to exit the one way Some police men hiding for one corner jump out from no where stop me, collected the car keys, impounded my car and took my particulars and my car keys. They were threating that my car will be Auctioned for taking one way. I had to beg and beg. We sha settled at ₦8,000. This was 2019

6. Ikorodu Police Station: I took BRT lane, because I wasn't familiar with Ikorodu road network. And there was serious traffic. Task force stopped me at Majidun and ceased the car. This was the biggest fine I have ever paid. ₦35,000. Initial they were demanding for ₦90,000. That was 2019

7. Ikeja police station: This happened recently. I was coming from festac that faithful night after dropping off rider. I decided blow to empty back home, it was pass 12 and I didn't know lockdown was still on. Naso I jam police for ikeja underbridge. They stopped alot of cars and took us to the police station. They were claiming we violated Covid19 rules and they would lock us up in a cell. grin, But deep down in my mind I knew they were trying to shalo us. At d end everybody Paid ₦3000 to bail himself grin

Police matter and Ehailing business are like 5 & 6, is something one will encounter, but the most important thing is to always learn from every mistake or offence commited so it doesn't repeat again. Because sometimes the subsequent mistake or offence might cost you alot than the previous ones.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
nickvanilla:
One thing every driver should know is: the same way you get up in the morning to hustle for your daily bread is the same way those lastma/police/cbd get up to hunt you down and take your hard earned cash. This is their hustle too.

These guys know the places where people easily make driving errors (most likely due to lack of adequate road signs) and they will be waiting for you.

So just be careful!!

In Lagos, the uniformed men especially those working with LASG are one entitled bunch. I have never seen the height of such entitlement.

I'm like, you guys draw salary monthly from the state coffers and you all be acting like you didn't have lunch a day before.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Slickleo:
[/b]

Don't worry u will soon attach ur driving school certificate with the milage. grin

No no noooooo no add am Abeg grin
Na una dey pull my leg out grin
You guys are setting me up,
we talking about driving rules , road signs and driving school. I just made a simple comment but you don expose me. grin

Same way Emmancecute, Confusedworld17, and Geezyk were talking about Camry engine shorting oil, as I made my comment,
Gbam na 5 post follow with 30k challenge.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
Slickleo:

Note d full synthetic oil is for ppl with tokunbo ohh, if you buy 9ja use, mostly palmoil Mobil xhp will be better
what about those who replace engines with a good toks unit

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RickTisci: 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2021
dru23:

Ok bro good luck
egbon no vex say I don come with my wahala again, I saw one car dealer on IG sha, he said he just cleared the car say na 1.6m laslas, that no be issue sha.. I wan ask what questions I fit ask am about the car, I dey plan carry someone go for inspection before paying sha.. I dey talk the mileage or something don't know anything about cars, this is gonna be my first and aint even driving it lol.. Thanks sir..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
GeneralZodd:

They suppose don give u uniform by now. grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
RickTisci:
egbon no vex say I don come with my wahala again, I saw one car dealer on IG sha, he said he just cleared the car say na 1.6m laslas, that no be issue sha.. I wan ask what questions I fit ask am about the car, I dey plan carry someone go for inspection before paying sha.. I dey talk the mileage or something don't know anything about cars, this is gonna be my first and aint even driving it lol.. Thanks sir..

Send me ur whatapps number to dru23@hotmail.com and we talk better
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2021
BAZ001:

we talking about driving rules , road signs and driving school. I just made a simple comment but you don expose me. grin

Same way Emmancecute, Confusedworld17, and Geezyk were talking about Camry engine shorting oil, as I made my comment,

I HAVE BOOSTED THE CHALLENGE TO 50K ........

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
radautoworks:

Liar grin

Ahhh this one deep. cheesy Lori Iro things.
You must be a prophetess seeing into the future. cause I recalled in one of your post few years back, calling someone “ A liar and an idiot “. This is 2021

[img]https://media./images/f01a0c278a4304f904e868f0b507a48d/tenor.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
GeneralZodd:

Only u na client for ekelebe grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
dru23:

I HAVE BOOSTED THE CHALLENGE TO 50K ........

[img]https://media./images/796f4ff483ff412abeaa783b0922c4d9/tenor.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
BAZ001:

he has boosted it to 50k. Bro show proof and chop free 50k. Na one week target for lazy driver like me be that oooo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kanoski:
if its good toks unit, na still tokunbo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kanoski:

That is also like buying toks car so full synthetic is a go
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
GeneralZodd:

Baba you be veteran ooh. Respect much
But my question? How much did the white man pay you for the troubles, taking you to police station and all. ?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
pope191:

They suppose don give u uniform by now. grin
grin Nigeria police don too chop me for this business, I can't count how many times wey I don bribe them for road aside from going to their stations. I sat down one day and do calculation, money don enter 100k plus on bribe, I come vex go collect army sticker, banner and face cap from lieutenant colonel who happened to be a family friend.

Now the kind respect wey police men dey give me, no be small thing. Na Sir dem dey call me if I dey drive for road.

This inspired the Moniker I use "GeneralZodd"

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
Felicity0001:
Omo i just leave area F like dis since 11:48pm last night... Full gist coming soon make I reach house sleep

No wonder, I noticed you ve been quiet here.
Na God just dey save us in this hustle. Imagine I found pills stuck in the back seat during car wash. The guy thought I was the one hiding it. I just trashed it.

Come give us gist

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
BAZ001:

Baba you be veteran ooh. Respect much
But my question? How much did the white man pay you for the troubles, taking you to police station and all. ?
No white man was involve in the incidence, na Yahoo boys wey go save white women pictures on their phones koba me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
BAZ001:

[img]https://media./images/796f4ff483ff412abeaa783b0922c4d9/tenor.gif[/img]

Hold on 1st remember it must be Benjamin's $100 grin
Nothing u use # Dy do u big boi u hear me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
GeneralZodd:
grin Nigeria police don too chop me for this business, I can't count how many times wey I don bribe them for road aside from going to their stations. I sat down one day and do calculation, money don enter 100k plus on bribe, I come vex go collect army sticker, banner and face cap from lieutenant colonel who happened to be a family friend.

Now the kind respect wey police men dey give me, no be small thing. Na Sir dem dey call me if I dey drive for road. Till you go jam the one wey go get mind ask for your id. Na that time you go know sey police no dey play with impersonation, especially this time wey everywhere choke. You need to upgrade your street OT too.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
GeneralZodd:

Now the kind respect wey police men dey give me, no be small thing. Na Sir dem dey call me if I dey drive for road.

Till you go jam the one wey go get mind ask for your id. Na that time you go know sey police no dey play with impersonation, especially this time wey everywhere choke. You need to upgrade your street OT too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3743) (3744) (3745) (3746) (3747) (3748) (3749) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.