Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4816155 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3785) (3786) (3787) (3788) (3789) (3790) (3791) ... (5705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:33am On Jul 07, 2021
samobaba4u:

Somebody mentioned that Raw dashboard and that of chearfulgiver are the same and you debunked it. Now chearfulgiver confirmed it's the same. Someone also said maybe the money is going back to where it comes from....... Wetin I know

I didn't debunk, I simply restated Raw2 the monicker that posted the Earnings Dashboard won the challenge.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2021
samobaba4u:

A fleet manager like jp can post earnings of his driver partner to win the contest and if u don't know that earnings can be manipulated. So there's no prove the winners are the rightful owner of the account.

Baba, d rules are the rules. It's a real dashboard and it was posted on the thread by an account. Simple. That's whats needed. Like I said, next time sponsor, judge and jury can come up with additional rules like come to ShopRite, let's confirm ur dashboard, account and ID cards grin then we will now snap picture and post in the thread. Maybe then u guys will be satisfied. But I know someone will still say, na arrangee.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Status200788: 11:42am On Jul 07, 2021
Raw2:
Laughs out loud.

I knew there was never going to be a succinct fact based reply to the questions posed, but rather, a perambulation of permutations and thinly veiled ignorance presented as "reasons" why forumites cum ehailing drivers should not express their equal rights which includes posting of earnings for fun, or for whatever cogent or non cogent reason they may have for doing so.

If that's your only reason, I'm happy to inform you that, that singular reason is total bullshit.
The government doesn't need to view a thread on nairaland to inform their decisions. They are neither dumb nor stupid to allow policy decisions bothering on tax revenue to be decided by a few anonymous posters of earnings on nairaland.

Let's properly delve into facts.

Bolt has about 10,000 drivers. (You don't need to believe me, but if you had made your research, you'd have this information). Applying the 32.5% Nigerian unemployment rate to this figure simply means that 3,250 drivers out of 10,000 are currently out of work. Therefore, I'm very correct to opine that there are 6,750 active bolt drivers driving every week. Hang on to this, for I'm coming back to this info.

Are you aware that since August 20th 2020 that ehailing companies and drivers have been working under a new tax policy?

According to Part 4.1 subsection 5 of the document titled, ‘e-Hailing Taxi Operation’, all drivers must pay 10 per cent generated on every trip to the Lagos State Government

All operators of e-hailing taxi service must pay the state government 10 per cent service tax on each transaction paid by passengers to the operators,” the document partly read.
The new policy also mandates all e-hailing taxi firms to pay N25m yearly to the state government per 1,001 vehicles for an operational licence while they will pay N10m yearly for renewal on every 1, 001 cars in their pool

This implies that the state government will collect taxes, licensing fees and then a percentage from every trip completed on these platforms

While operators kick against this provision, if it goes ahead to be implemented on August 20, the real losers will be the customers. Uber and Bolt will pass this 10 per cent cost along to end-users, making cab fares more expensive,” according to TechCabal

The state government also makes it compulsory for all ride-hailing services to make their database accessible to the government

That was excerpts from the punch...

From what you just read above, can you now see that the government already has a database of all our earnings weekly, and that posting them publicly is basically tautlogy? Are you gradually seeing that it's senseless to ask "us" to stop posting earnings?

Can you also now see that you're currently paying 10% tax of every trip to the government and that if they increase taxation, bolt will increase fares thereby protecting you?

Now let's properly calculate.

If there are 6,250 drivers and they make on average 120,000 weekly according to bolt, can you pls calculate 120,000 x 6,250 x 4 weeks ?

Before calculating, average here means the total earnings of all drivers divided by 6250, before you remind me that some drivers make 25k weekly.... Again, Lagos State government is fully aware of these calculations as I reminded you earlier that they aren't stupid...

120,000 x 6250 x 4 = 3 billion naira.
Out of 3 billion, bolt charges 20 percent of which they give 10% to govt.

Therefore bolt charges = 600million naira monthly. Out of 600 million monthly, they remit half to the govt. Therefore, bolt receives 300million naira a month.

300m x 12 months = 3.6 billion naira.

Out our this 3.6 billion, they pay 25million yearly and another 60million as per the 10million per every 1001 cars per year.

3,600,000,000 - approx. 90,000,000 = 3.5 billion naira to bolt yearly after everything.

Therefore, on your request to stop posting, the answer is no deal.

For your 25k weekly drivers, it's either they just stop driving all together or they step up their game. It's their personal decision which should by no means whatsoever, dictate to me what I should, or should not do. I can motivate drivers privately but first, I need to harvest them from this cesspit of lies about ehailing driving. I see that the "we" on this thread want discussions to be centered around their own personal frivolities and excesses which benefits nought, to the general viewing public, intending drivers and intending investors.

This is not a game. You either go hard or go home. You either take the heat or get the fvck out of the kitchen.

If am a judge you ve a valid point and hereby declare this matter progressive. All other argument are hereby declare null and void. Guy for the first time am impressed. Intelligence is a key bro

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2021
eyinola:
today is Wednesday dem never pay my 13K ooooo, I hv never experience this before oooooo, patapata teu morning

Has it been deducted from ur balance in the App? If yes, then na ur bank they hold ur money. If No, fire Uche mail straightup
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2021
Congrats to you. Hoping to join you soon. Can I ask the docs required at Bolt/Uber?
009mayor:
Good evening senior men.
Successfully got my car inspected yesterday.
Planning to embark on my first trip tomorrow.

Any advise guys

Would appreciate that a lot.

Gracias. ✌️
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:50am On Jul 07, 2021
ifec92:
Guys Please how do I pay bolt debt?…With -4300, i haven’t gotten a ride request since yesterday

Bolt has updated driver unique number and their account number out of the app o.
So mail them to send it to u.

Pay to Bolt Citi Bank account and quote ur unique number as narration.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2021
pope191:
No attention will b given to u, thank God d lies u heap on me did not hold and if ur infested dead brain can't intelligently pass insults without being axed, than face the admin, I'm not the one that ban u, so why take ur frustration out on me. Dimwit!
Hollow cheek bread squeezer. Always quote me when referring to me. Be a man

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:54am On Jul 07, 2021
pope191:

Boss u see I honestly don't want to concern myself with issues of earning or what is obtainable, I understand your post loud and cLear and if Don after all this years can't net 26k on bolt with the surging anniversary, then make we gather take em to baba osun. You said u like earning being post for motivation, and I say the only reason I'm against it is just d security reasons, does that have to lead to fight or insults? Last night I still have a rider in my car that has been robbed twice on eko bridge and she was tensed all thro the trip from island to surulere. So let go of the issue if posting or not, no body is holding u not too, if dru23 is going to do another 50k challenge next week, I may b force to join. Peace

U understood my post, so where does hypocrisy come in. I demand an apology
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:58am On Jul 07, 2021
MrCarter577:
Been following this page for weeks now, Finally i can now post and ask questions. The dashboard challenge is all the motivation I need to hit the ground running as a newbie. Can a newbie, working 5x a week including Sundays hit 100k a week in his first week of e-hailing?

If u mean Gross Earnings, then the answer is an emphatic YES. That's just 20k daily. Start early and by 8pm u should be on ur way home if that's your target.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
Felicity0001:

Sisi rad do you know that pain u get after few yrs u fire ur staff only to see him as the CEO of a multinational company. That's the pain dru23 feels right now.

Did this really happen?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Status200788: 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz ... Look at it like a company that runs shifts, so it's still normal working hours for the people doing night shift. So it will not come at an extra cost, no extra payment. wink
It involves a lot of logistics.

Let me start by taking in the car and running diagnosis to know what and what we are fixing,
After we check inventory for parts
Next we talk about security and other to be able to work late. Most especially the noise generated while changing hub or removing an engine without disturbing your neighbours with the noise.

So many things needs to be put in place. Imagine while changing some parts for your car and normal guys come in to have a field day at your workshop. Who will liable for the loss?
Even police go deny the mech for working late and label such person as a fraudulent individual with sinister motive of working late.

Bro I leave that to Dmechy

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Hypocrisy comes in when u know something is very obtainable, but act like is a new thing or a feet that can't b achieve before all this distortion. Do u still need an apology?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
My facts are from the punch. Where is yours from?

I am sure that was what was agreed on the issue of Lagos state govt share on every trip at the last meeting with the Govt. Whether the implementation has started is what am not so sure of.

I don't do Uber, but someone posted that here early this year. A screen shot of Uber App showing an inclusion of N10/N20 (can't remember) in the breakdown of a trip fare details.
I will ask my drivers or any other person using Uber to confirm if it still happens.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Like ur dimwit adult baby did quote me shey? Load ur pix and let me load mine lets see if u can stand me... don't run... let's roll on facts, I'm in badore now, yet to eat for d day, am I suppose to eat anywhere or take burnt 550 CR as food? If I choose to take a drink till I get to my favourite restaurant, how does that affect ur miserable life?

Load ur pix, I'm waiting...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Bolt has updated driver unique number and their account number out of the app o.
So mail them to send it to u.

Pay to Bolt Citi Bank account and quote ur unique number as narration.

Wrong info...

From your bolt app ..click on earnings....when on the earning interface....click on balance....you will see pay to bolt, click the icon..it will show your reference number and bolt bank details....

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
Status200788:

It involves a lot of logistics.

Let me start by taking in the car and running diagnosis to know what and what we are fixing,
After we check inventory for parts
Next we talk about security and other to be able to work late. Most especially the noise generated while changing hub or removing an engine without disturbing your neighbours with the noise.

So many things needs to be put in place. Imagine while changing some parts for your car and normal guys come in to have a field day at your workshop. Who will liable for the loss?
Even police go deny the mech for working late and label such person as a fraudulent individual with sinister motive of working late.

Bro I leave that to Dmechy

Let's just say for straight forward mechanical fixes like suspension, or ignition. So u would have stocked d part during the day for the customer to come fix at night. Things that may need diagnosis, uncertainty and going to buy parts at that time will not work for this type of service.
Well...I get you, but if u use a gated compound as worskshop then u have no business with people on the street.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

I am sure that was what was agreed on the issue of Lagos state govt share on every trip at the last meeting with the Govt. Whether the implementation has started is what am not so sure of.

I don't do Uber, but someone posted that here early this year. A screen shot of Uber App showing an inclusion of N10/N20 (can't remember) in the breakdown of a trip fare details.
I will ask my drivers or any other person using Uber to confirm if it still happens.
Until you confirm, are you going with the facts in that article?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
peeps4u:
That's College Road junction, if I'm right.

Nope, the stadium side linking to college road.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2021
Uber11:
Hello guys, looking for a house in lagos no be beans, but again i feel i will see something better at Mowe, how good is this area pleas ?

Instead of mowe why not go to ayobo. Someone also suggested opic.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2021
Status200788:

If am a judge you ve a valid point and hereby declare this matter progressive. All other argument are hereby declare null and void. Guy for the first time am impressed. Intelligence is a key bro
Mine is congenital.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2021
pope191:

Hypocrisy comes in when u know something is very obtainable, but act like is a new thing or a feet that can't b achieve before all this distortion. Do u still need an apology?

So u Pope191, u r now saying to Net 26k a day is now a normal thing, do u know how much u will Gross to Net 26k? Praise be to God. My efforts are not in vein.

Everybody knows my stands and what I have been preaching in this forum. It has always been Net 100k (net of fuel and commission) a week is doable. If u guys didn't oppose that statement, we wouldn't have been arguing and posting Earnings just to proof it so.
So I know it is achievable and I celebrate people that are doing it. If thats ur definition of hypocrisy I gladly accept it. I wan kiss u but I no want make Dru raise flag for us grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Uber11: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2021
Crvrider:

Instead of mowe why not go to ayobo. Someone also suggested opic.
Opic is very expensive , no house of 500k total package ,i was there yesterday ,entered all the Estate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Me wey do 306 never even get na you with 200 dey complain cheesy. Calm down first, the mail will come.
Tell am
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2021
Uber11:
Opic is very expensive , no house of 500k total package ,i was there yesterday ,entered all the Estate

Guy try ojodu Berger....move to areas before alagbole....beger to Ikeja....is 200naira

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
mrjaydee:
I agree with Pope. I would have liked the judge to be partial to the known monikers here.

People like eyinola, and co (known monikers) should have won the prize. Same way the scanners winners absconded after winning.

[b]I put it to you categorically clearly cheesy that the winners were Fraud! This guys belong to different uber/bolt groups. Very easy to get a screenshot from those (machines) to get that weekly earnings. If you doubt me, I will post someone's last week earnings of about 215k. [/b]But, out of fairness I didnt. Cos I thot a genuine moniker will win here.

My 2cents grin

I come in peace, with my Glock 19 safety off cheesy

This is the fact.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2021
Would have loved to go for inspection already but I'm still waiting for my change of ownership particulars. Tips on best strategy would help too. Also planning to remove the tinted, since I don't have a permit!
Pearl1910:

If u mean Gross Earnings, then the answer is an emphatic YES. That's just 20k daily. Start early and by 8pm u should be on ur way home if that's your target.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2021
Crvrider:

Did this really happen?

Yes I fire him ... And yes he is CEO of hoodlum drivers association grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

So u Pope191, u r now saying to Net 26k a day is now a normal thing, do u know how much u will Gross to Net 26k? Praise be to God. My efforts are not in vein.

Everybody knows my stands and what I have been preaching in this forum. It has always been Net 100k (net of fuel and commission) a week is doable. If u guys didn't oppose that statement, we wouldn't have been arguing and posting Earnings just to proof it so.
So I know it is achievable and I celebrate people that are doing it. If thats ur definition of hypocrisy I gladly accept it. I wan kiss u but I no want make Dru raise flag for us grin

That's the point there's always we, and I don't know how else to say this. I can only speak for myself and it's not bind by any law. 100k a week is doable from the time of mother Teresa. The question here do I or I don't... I do indriver only, which presently bolt is far better than, my trip to bodera from berger was 6k imagine if I have picked that on a 1.8/1.9 surge and getting a trip back to Berger on surge from chevron that's like 7k. But when u come up and say u want to motive people, like there's a new whole logics from sky, it somehow. Trust me, I do put people thro and help in my little way, I don't have to seek vain glory or insult them. Let's face the truth for once, no matter how vast u think u can b on this job, one day u won't b able to do that same 100k again, how will u feel when one son of prediction start using words on everyone or u calling u stupid old blah blah, just think about it.

Note: I am not trying to drag u into anything, but for once let call bad what it is and if it is for 100k, I've been doing that since my days in Uber, indriver is different ball game and on 9.5 percent wit gout surge or bonus, so I just shouldnt b part of that we.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Baba, d rules are the rules. It's a real dashboard and it was posted on the thread by an account. Simple. That's whats needed. Like I said, next time sponsor, judge and jury can come up with additional rules like come to ShopRite, let's confirm ur dashboard, account and ID cards grin then we will now snap picture and post in the thread. Maybe then u guys will be satisfied. But I know someone will still say, na arrangee.

You can never win with these people. They will look for a way to discredit someone ... They said I no fit do 50k challenge .. I talk am and do am.....

They said I no fit another 1 .. I put up another challenge for them to chop 2k naira ... That same 2k naira they will have to work for it to chop bonus on uber or bolt......

So some of these guys just like to make excuses .. You can never win those type of people ........

Na them go dey abuse Davido papa say how the man get his money.. When the man was making use of every opportunity that came across him whether big or small etc .......

Maybe Davido papa might not be a good example. But u get what I mean

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2021
pope191:

That's the point there's always we, and I don't know how else to say this. I can only speak for myself and it's not bind by any law. 100k a week is doable from the time of mother Teresa. The question here do I or I don't... I do indriver only, which presently bolt is far better than, my trip to bodera from berger was 6k imagine if I have picked that on a 1.8/1.9 surge and getting a trip back to Berger on surge from chevron that's like 7k. But when u come up and say u want to motive people, like there's a new whole logics from sky, it somehow. Trust me, I do put people thro and help in my little way, I don't have to seek vain glory or insult them. Let's face the truth for once, no matter how vast u think u can b on this job, one day u won't b able to do that same 100k again, how will u feel when one son of prediction start using words on everyone or u calling u stupid old blah blah, just think about it.

Note: I am not trying to drag u into anything, but for once let call bad what it is and if it is for 100k, I've been doing that since my days in Uber, indriver is different ball game and on 9.5 percent wit gout surge or bonus, so I just shouldnt b part of that we.

Pope how far .. Did u help me like the new challenge. We need 25likes to kick start it .. We have 12likes so far .....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
dru23:

Pope how far .. Did u help me like the new challenge. We need 25likes to kick start it .. We have 12likes so far .....

grin u that's promised me 2k and u didn't send it

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
pope191:

grin u that's promised me 2k and u didn't send it

Me I dont recall that 1 o.. Just encourage others for the 2k show your dashboard challenge.. We need 25likes ... We have 13 so far

(1) (2) (3) ... (3785) (3786) (3787) (3788) (3789) (3790) (3791) ... (5705) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: tbred, donbrowser(m), Donbrowser9, uwemjack(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.