Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,732 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:07 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5705) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4884777 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5702) (5703) (5704) (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donbrowser9: 4:29am On May 21
BAZ001:
So dragging can make digital marketer that is still begging for rental car up and Dan the thread to do by force give away

Hmmm this thread can do wonders grin

But how this John Chris people dey always know say give away dey ?

grin better than selling your bolt driver account to feed in a foreign country

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donbrowser9: 4:32am On May 21
ThatIgboBoy:

If you have been on nairaland long enough, you should know the hungry thing just wants to derail the thread. Who dash monkey banana wey him wan use do give away.

Very correct grin

The ọ́nly thing you can't prẹ́dict in this wọ́rld is when your villáge pẹ́ople will let you prọ́gress in life
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:39am On May 21
Donbrowser9:

grin better than selling your bolt driver account to feed in a foreign country

No sleep for the wicked… 4:30am
Your mind no go touch ground, keep responding to every body with senseless reply, thinking you are making sense

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donbrowser9: 4:43am On May 21
BAZ001:

No sleep for the wicked… 4:30am
Your mind no go touch ground, keep responding to every body with senseless reply, thinking you are making sense

Weyrey think say I no go reply.

So you even know you're sẹ́nseless. Very good then. It is actually not enough to be sadìst but to also lack sẹ́nse makes it a perfect definition of a frùstrated being.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:09am On May 21
ThatIgboBoy:

If you have been on nairaland long enough, you should know the hungry thing just wants to derail the thread. Who dash monkey banana wey him wan use do give away.

I dey whine am make he come drop from d little money he got from him LASEPA job.

Hungry thing… grin grin grin you get bad mouth ooohh

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donbrowser9: 5:40am On May 21
BAZ001:

I dey whine am make he come drop from d little money he got from him LASEPA job.

Hungry thing… grin grin grin you get bad mouth ooohh

grin grin

But was it necessary to include yọ̀ur fáther's lookalike picture. Because I know you're a bástard that doesn't knọ́w his fàther cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 6:48am On May 21
Pearl1910:

A good car doesn't require maintenance everyday. If u get 160-200k monthly on rentals and do repairs with 40-50k every two months, I dont think that's bad business.

This is my thinking o.
Most investors buy already Nigerian abused cars and push it to the driver and expect the driver to perform magic and deliver.

They would NEVER blame the car, but the driver always.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 8:19am On May 21
Doris4ever:

This is my thinking o.
Most investors buy already Nigerian abused cars and push it to the driver and expect the driver to perform magic and deliver.

They would NEVER blame the car, but the driver always.

One major reason why car rentals is considered DOA. Most drivers tend to blame failure to remit money on car faults, whether it's true or not. It's typically the driver who determines whether the car is in good condition or not, giving them significant control in the situation.

Consider this: which rational owner would knowingly provide a faulty car for rentals? And who typically ends up losing at the end of the day?

IMO, this business model only favors drivers not owners

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 8:41am On May 21
Djdamian:

One major reason why car rentals is considered DOA. Most drivers tend to blame failure to remit money on car faults, whether it's true or not. It's typically the driver who determines whether the car is in good condition or not, giving them significant control in the situation.

Consider this: which rational owner would knowingly provide a faulty car for rentals? And who typically ends up losing at the end of the day?

When I was fully into it, I designate one day for the car to rest. I don't enforce it but if you say the car has issues, you have that one day to fix it without affecting my weekly payment.

Most faults that appear in cars used for ehailing can be fixed in one day by a mechanic that knows what he's doing.

The drivers must also use my mechanic who I must add is trustworthy for all fixes. That way, they can't lie about faults.

Rentals worked so well for me. I only stopped when cost of car parts skyrocketed and drivers were not willing to pay more than the 25k they were paying.

If the cars were in Lagos where I could collect 35-40k weekly, I would never have stopped.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 8:42am On May 21
Djdamian:

Yes. I have seen owner who bought a Nigerian used and abused car with rusted underneath and oil shortage issue. Maybe because he got it cheap.
Instead of spending money to put the car in good shape. He dropped it for a driver to remit weekly.
When the car issues started coming up, he blames the driver. Whereas car already had underlying engine oil shortages and rust problems prior to the deal.
Most owners will NEVER give full disclosure on the condition of their car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 8:48am On May 21
Doris4ever:

Yes. I have seen owner who bought a Nigerian used and abused car with rusted underneath and oil shortage issue. Maybe because he got it cheap.
Instead of spending money to put the car in good shape. He dropped it for a driver to remit weekly.
When the car issues started coming up, he blames the driver. Whereas car already had underlying engine oil shortages and rust problems prior to the deal.
Most owners will NEVER give full disclosure on the condition of their car.

Reflect and read my question again, and answer like you own a vehicle and want to give it out for rentals
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 8:49am On May 21
Itsrm:

When I was fully into it, I designate one day for the car to rest. I don't enforce it but if you say the car has issues, you have that one day to fix it without affecting my weekly payment.

Most faults that appear in cars used for ehailing can be fixed in one day by a mechanic that knows what he's doing.

The drivers must also use my mechanic who I must add is trustworthy for all fixes so they can't lie about faults.

Rentals worked so well for me. I only stopped when cost of car parts skyrocketed and drivers were not willing to pay more than the 25k they were paying.

If the cars were in Lagos where I could collect 35-40k weekly, I would never have stopped.

Very valid points,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 8:53am On May 21
Djdamian:

Reflect and read my question again, and answer like you own a vehicle and want to give it out for rentals

My argument is, owners should get good and sound cars for the business. Not buying problematic cars and pushing it to the driver who will now have to take the blames for the car's fault.

If a car is good and sound, the job will be sweet. Both owner and driver will be happy.

That's my own stand and argument.

I talk from experience.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 9:07am On May 21
Doris4ever:

My argument is, owners should get good and sound cars for the business. Not buying problematic cars and pushing it to the driver who will now have to take the blames for the car's fault.

If a car is good and sound, the job will be sweet. Both owner and driver will be happy.

I talk from experience.

You're consistently responding with the perspective of a driver which is understandable.

Who determines if a car is good and sound? if you truly understand this, then you will understand my POV

Why will an owner deliberately give out a "bad car" to a driver for rentals knowing fully well that the owner will create room for problems in the future?

NB---Owners still take responsibility on repairs and maintenance too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:31am On May 21
A seasoned driver should know whether a car is worthy of ehailing in 5 days. ( in 3 days sef)
If the car is not up to standard, drop it and cancel the contract.
If as a driver you continue to use the car, then you are also responsible for whatever blames the car owner /investor lays on you .

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 9:33am On May 21
northbird:
A seasoned driver should know whether a car is worthy of ehailing in 5 days. ( in 3 days sef)
If as a driver you continue to use the car, then you are also responsible for whatever blames the car owner /investor lays on you .

God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 9:45am On May 21
Djdamian:

You're consistently responding with the perspective of a driver which is understandable.

Who determines if a car is good and sound? if you truly understand this, then you will understand my POV

Why will an owner deliberately give out a "bad car" to a driver for rentals knowing fully well that the owner has create room for problems in the future?

NB---Owners still take responsibility on repairs and maintenance too

Yes. I'm a driver ATM.
Well, some owner may not give out a bad car deliberately as you said.
I have witnessed owner given out a problematic car and expected that the driver will work and provide money to fix any issues as it arise.
It all depends on individual owners. So don't generalize it.
Driver's are in a better position to share their experiences with car owners in this business.
Is both ways, there are honest drivers and honest owners.
There are also dishonest owners and drivers.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 9:49am On May 21
northbird:

You are 100% right.
A driver may discover a car is problematic from the first week. He may think he can manage it depending on the circumstances he's in. Then before you know it, it will be from one problem to another.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BestTrades: 11:27am On May 21

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty....

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kaymaxi2222(m): 2:21pm On May 21
Doris4ever:

I talk from experience.
let me just tell you the Truth....this business only pays whoever is in control of the instrument used for this business......a friend of mine once got a brand new car for this rental business but because he is a office person he has little or no time to monitor the car .....the driver used the car for almost 6 months no issue until later issues started coming up then the driver keeps missing payment.. eventually sha na one of the drivers friend wey know the owner tell am say make him borrow himself brain that the guy is over using the car to the extent that the guy no dey come home again he literally lives in the car ....the guy was doing ajo of 100k weekly whereas he was paying the owner 25k then. At the end sha na the owner lose Cos na scrap him eventually sell the car as ....so let not deceive our self eh na driver this business pays for most

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kaymaxi2222(m): 2:22pm On May 21
You will see the load some of this drivers are using all this car with small engine to carry and you wonder how will the car last

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kaymaxi2222(m): 2:23pm On May 21
All this yellow taxis that does the same with there car will collect better money for that kind trip and close for the day from there but you see uber driver eh .....then go driver am like say it's either the car breakdown or they themselves breakdown na one of the two must happen

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 3:35pm On May 21
Kaymaxi2222:
let me just tell you the Truth....this business only pays whoever is in control of the instrument used for this business......a friend of mine once got a brand new car for this rental business but because he is a office person he has little or no time to monitor the car .....the driver used the car for almost 6 months no issue until later issues started coming up then the driver keeps missing payment.. eventually sha na one of the drivers friend wey know the owner tell am say make him borrow himself brain that the guy is over using the car to the extent that the guy no dey come home again he literally lives in the car ....the guy was doing ajo of 100k weekly whereas he was paying the owner 25k then. At the end sha na the owner lose Cos na scrap him eventually sell the car as ....so let not deceive our self eh na driver this business pays for most

Thank God you said for 6 months no issues. Both owner and driver were happy because car was not giving issue for those 6 months.
That's my own argument.
Drivers that abuse cars depends on individual mentality.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 3:55pm On May 21
Doris4ever:

Yes. I'm a driver ATM.
Well, some owner may not give out a bad car deliberately as you said.
I have witnessed owner given out a problematic car and expected that the driver will work and provide money to fix any issues as it arise.
It all depends on individual owners. So don't generalize it.
Driver's are in a better position to share their experiences with car owners in this business.
Is both ways, there are honest drivers and honest owners.
There are also dishonest owners and drivers.

In transport, drivers are more like vampire looking for owners blood to suck, when you catch them in their games, they play the victim card, the greedy rich car owner vs the humble poor driver game.

If Korope in lekki ajah axis delivers 70k weekly, why will uber driver that makes 30/35k in a day, ( between Fri/Sat/Sun/mon/ wants to deliver 40/50k. You better sell that corolla for 3.5/4millionand give ur self rest of mind.

I dey pity most office owners, they are just in it for side income.

If you are office owner and you need extra income, just on Sundays or Satuday you can make, 35/40k after fueling, expenses,why not forget going to church, and focus on ur survival, don't do any damn big boy amd allow one greedy driver to ruin your car, Toyota Corolla engine is almost 1million naira, so tell me how long you will collect that 40/50k to buy another engine, if the car engine gets damaged?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 3:59pm On May 21
jpworld:

In transport, drivers are more like vampire looking for owners blood to suck, when you catch them in their games, they play the victim card, the greedy rich car owner vs the humble poor driver game.

If Korope in lekki ajah axis delivers 70k weekly, why will uber driver that makes 30/35k in a day, ( between Fri/Sat/Sun/mon/ wants to deliver 40/50k. You better sell that corolla for 3.5/4millionand give ur self rest of mind.

I dey pity most office owners, they are just in it for side income.

If you are office owner and you need extra income, just on Sundays or Satuday you can make, 35/40k after fueling, expenses,why not forget going to church, and focus on ur survival, don't do any damn big boy amd allow one greedy driver to ruin your car, Toyota Corolla engine is almost 1million naira, so tell me how long you will collect that 40/50k to buy another engine, if the car engine gets damaged?

Owners should drive the cars themselves, cased closed. Everybody is happy.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 4:04pm On May 21
Doris4ever:

Thank God you said for 6 months no issues. Both owner and driver were happy because car was not giving issue for those 6 months.
That's my own argument.

That 25k week, is 100k a month. So in 6months, he collected 600k.

To paint that car to standard, it will cost 150k panel beta will collect at least 30k. Just for body 180k gone. So remaining 420, he might need to overhaul the legs, one side of shock absorber is 20k if you are now changing hub it will cost you one side 50k, the 4tires must be gone each tire is 10/12k. At the end of everything you are putting back close to 400 to 500k to put back the car in good shape.

If he damage the car way more than, your family and friends will come to your rescue.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 4:06pm On May 21
Doris4ever:

Yes ooo.

Drivers should meet their uncles, village people to buy them car. Or go and do conductor with Korope or Danfoo.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 4:07pm On May 21
jpworld:

That 25k week, is 100k a month. So in 6months, he collected 600k.

To paint that car to standard, it will cost 150k panel beta will collect at least 30k. Just for body 180k gone. So remaining 420, he might need to overhaul the legs, one side of shock absorber is 20k if you are now changing hub it will cost you one side 50k, the 4tires must be gone each tire is 10/12k. At the end of everything you are putting back close to 400 to 500k to put back the car in good shape.

If he damage the car way more than, your family and friends will come to your rescue.

Which year was the driver paying 25k weekly and you are using 2024 part price to do your calculations.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 4:09pm On May 21
jpworld:

Yes ooo.

Drivers should meet their uncles, village people to buy them car. Or go and do conductor with Korope or Danfoo.

Bro, what I know is. If a driver don't see car to drive. He won't die na. At least he has been living before ehailing came onboard.
Abi.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kaymaxi2222(m): 4:14pm On May 21
Doris4ever:

That's my own argument.
but what the owner made is not enough to compensate for the depreciation the driver inflicted on the car ..... that's a big L for the owner

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 4:15pm On May 21
Doris4ever:

Bro, what I know is. If a driver don't see car to drive. He won't die na. At least he has been living before ehailing came onboard.
Abi.

I never say driver will die, I am only suggesting the right people that will sow a seed in ur life,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kaymaxi2222(m): 4:18pm On May 21
Doris4ever:

best thing is pick a car use it for 1 week if it is good then take it on HP case close if you now like abuse it the owners money must complete that's the koko

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5702) (5703) (5704) (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.