Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4760713 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) (3835) (3836) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
dru23:

Dru23 what again ?

Do you live in gbagada ?

It’s Drmikeadams that mentioned gbagada in passing and I replied his message to update Uber app. grin

Why always me ?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
izzou:
Felicity0001, you're up.

2k subscription if you can tell me where this is.

You have only one chance

grin

Tip: It's located in Lagos grin

Extra tip: It's among areas drivers don't like to go to
Satellite Town cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
BAZ001:

No naah pearl1910 godfather not kanuisagoat.

Ha anh! I think say pearl1910 is the same as kanuisagoat na gringringrin I saw two of them standing side by side just now in the view section... Lol

Come that moniker that brought about this cruise of two moniker being the same... That guy get sense oh... Who b the guy self @ BAZ001... Pearl1910 and kanuisagoat are the same person na because they both have the same philosophy and ideology grin therefore the same godfather.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2021
pope191:

Only a Legend will understand grin

My brother ! My brother!....only a legend will wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
BAZ001:

You no dey forget something

Gbagada man is always fight ready, likes to throw punch anyhow, instead of him to focus on his fighter don’t know what concerns drivers in this fight...

I ve not experienced this before but seems you need to update your app.

I Don update tire....mbok is hackney and route tag compulsoryon wuber?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Satellite Town cheesy

THIEF! THEIF!! THEIF!!!

OLE! OLE!! OLE!!!

you want to c9me and theif my biscuit abi?! The challenge is for me alone na bros didn't you see where I was asking for expo? If you think you know where it is just mention me with answer let me post it not you posting it directly na... Watin self leace this 2k for me to chop na shui!!!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
InfinityEstates:
@Davit et al, any tips on how to dry a flooded car without sunshine?

Sprinkle Rice and bicarbonate soda grin
If u like u put a bowl of vinegar let everything sit in the car overnight and during the day if there is no sunshine.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
Felicity0001:

The way most rider use it is very wrong. You just ring somebody and the first thing you say is, "Oga where are you?" No salutation, no any formal opening or introduction of conversation or persons, most of them even if you say "hello good morning/evening" they don't even answer you they just throw the question at you. Its speaks a lot about that person.

1. Like they're running out of airtime and needed to send their message without any time wasting. Broke azz nigagrin

2. Like they're your boss while the uber driver is the slave who was asked to wait for them at a spot and by the time they come out they couldnt find him so out of annoyance they put a call through to ask with annoyance "where are you?!" With a commanding tone.

3. Riders that do this have entitlement mentality. because they think drivers must come pick them at that very instance irrespective of where they're or where they're going to, what gives you the thinking I want to go to Sango, Badore, sangotedo, ijegun, ikotun at the 11th hour of the day?

Though some rider have good etiquette, they ring you tue driver...

Hello Mr. Felicity001, how are today?
Please I just requested a ride to So so so
Do i expect you?

100%... Such a rider already has 5stars even b4 the ride stars.

At least you called somebody the first thing you do is introduce yourself.

Not all those once with "where are you?"

Oga please where did u pass, from Unilag to Mushin that u had to cross dat tollgate without going through Anthony. I want to know that route abeg.

They say I should have open mind. So I am willing to learn

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
BAZ001:

grin You are not a good person at all, see question?

At Davit don’t mind him. Pls how market today , is road free or still flooded, please anybody out there?
pearl1910, kanuisagoat, morax101, give you boy signal to hit the road or stay back.

I dey house.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:

I dey my house. Water enter motor yesterday and e never dry finish.

I was going to even ask those who have more knowledge on cars. Is something fundamentally wrong with our corolla cars? I ask because when I was using Honda, water never enters my car no matter the level of flood.

This is the second time I'm experiencing it with a corolla.

My corolla never gets flooded, even though corollas are actually low.
Matrix has never been flooded, Pontiac has never been flooded either.

There are rubber seals under the car, check well, the side that gets wet probably has a missing or worn out seal.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
Felicity0001:

Ha anh! I think say pearl1910 is the same as kanuisagoat na gringringrin I saw two of them standing side by side just now in the view section... Lol

Come that moniker that brought about this cruise of two moniker being the same... That guy get sense oh... Who b the guy self @ BAZ001... Pearl1910 and kanuisagoat are the same person na because they both have the same philosophy and ideology grin therefore the same godfather.

Na Duke111 be d cruise guy

Duke111 I’m calling you, show your face, it’s been a while, have you been banned or you are tired of this violence everyday

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
Felicity0001:

Ha! No ooh na elderly woman I carry that yesterday o so I didn't want to make her feel apprehensive or frightened by chatting while driving. The woman is very old and sat in front seat withme... Her highlander was flooded at Unilag back gate on her way to pick one of her grand daughters in Unilag the driver taught he could go thru, unfortunately the car went off in the middle of the pool b4 they knew what was going on water started encrushing into the car that they'd to abandon the car and ran out... The old woman was shivering... I'd to use the car heater to keep her warm.

Yesterday rain was terrible... The trip ended 8k... 1.9 surge.

U type all this story and u no answer my question. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Satellite Town cheesy

Felicity0001

This man just won your prize.

Give me the permission to send him the card cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

My corolla never gets flooded, even though corollas are actually low.
Matrix has never been flooded, Pontiac has never been flooded either.

There are rubber seals under the car, check well, the side that gets wet probably has a missing or worn out seal.

Thank you. I'll have a panel check.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
IFSHR:

My brother ! My brother!....only a legend will wink

E don cast for legend hand, come and see traffic. I'm at home now, hope other indrivers will stop picking trips.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
BAZ001:

Thank you for this info my fellow lazy driver, I will hit this street straight away. Dropped car at car wash and saw a Corolla, hmmmm I pity the partner/owner cos the water inside the car is more than the water outside the car wash

Well guy man said rent money most complete wit no stories.

I don laugh tire.

Any driver that enters an obviously deep water in the name of "rent must be made" is wicked.

Tomorrow is car inspection day.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
BAZ001:

I dey enjoy this sweet infos in the midst of war and flood. I dey Surulere like dis, na to avoid
Trips to flood zones and be praying that one Lucifer child won’t change destination to dead traps. Cos it has happened to me twice rider will change destination mid way to bad roads
One was to Ijegun/ ijaye

Na there I go carry babalawo as in real Baba alawoo, he was talking like you (pope191) on phone.
Bring ori ogunfe (male goat)
Ori emo, (rat)
Ori ologbo (cat)

The story is for another day, babalawo do transfer before I got alert, I already said alert received don’t bother to wait sir.

The traffic on mainland is not here

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

Oga please where did u pass, from Unilag to Mushin that u had to cross dat tollgate without going through Anthony. I want to know that route abeg.

They say I should have open mind. So I am willing to learn

Oga the trip was from unilag to a street immediately after the toll off the Ogunmekun Street. Do I've to spell every details out for you b4 you understand?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
BAZ001:

Na Duke111 be d cruise guy

Duke111 I’m calling you, show your face, it’s been a while, have you been banned or you are tired of this violence everyday

Oh! Duke111 that guy no get sense at all grin I still dey reason the kind smoke the guy take that day wey him bring that kind cruisegringrin... Funny guy i must say...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

U type all this story and u no answer my question. grin

Haha... Sorry what was the question againgringringrin

Mayne the question no make sense na him make I no bother answer amgrin

Make I run b4 dem stone me

Elder no vex

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
izzou:

Felicity0001

This man just won your prize.

Give me the permission to send him the card cheesy

Never! Don't send him biko! The challenge was not for him but for me I only seek for their support not for them to come and take my prize.

I can't permit such lie ye

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Lol, you don't wait for the driver to come pick you again?
People that will want you to come and pick them from thier bed if possible, what of something like 'hello good day, I just requested for a ride are you close?
Not a total stranger calling me and next thing is where are?

Do you know how inaccurate the pickup pin is (at least here in the USA)? Half the time they are at a different entrance or part of where they are picking you up and you are standing somewhere else like a mugu? Even at the airport they'll be at a different door. So I always ask where are you so I know where to meet them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Felicity0001:

Wow! Like Really! How generous of you... You want to come meet me! Do you know drivers can be penalize for not starting the ride at the pickup point? So you don't need to come meet me rather I need to come pick you at your PUP.
you see yourself? I said meet YOU not you meet me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

Any driver that enters an obviously deep water in the name of "rent must be made" is wicked.

Tomorrow is car inspection day.

I hope owners understands the time and peril as well to inform their drivers to stay at home as well and skip payment for a day or 2

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
Felicity0001:

Never! Don't send him biko! The challenge was not for him but for me I only seek for their support not for them to come and take my prize.

I can't permit such lie ye

But that's the answer

sad

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
radautoworks:

Do you know how inaccurate the pickup pin is (at least here in the USA)? Half the time they are at a different entrance or part of where they are picking you up and you are standing somewhere else like a mugu? Even at the airport they'll be at a different door. So I always ask where are you so I know where to meet them.

Oh! So... I tot they said the GMap is 100% accurate in the US?! I'm surprise reading this.

But you know what? I've noticed one peculiar thing about riders, most of them don't like turning on the location of their app b4 or while making a request. This can make or provide wrong PU. On 2 different occassion I tried educating two elderly people on this, well learned people but they said, No! People can track me with it. I was just wondering you know. Most youths are also not left out on this act especially our yahoo geng boys and girls...

So this is most reason why drivers can arrive at a different PU other than where you actually want them to be.

Okay, 2 nights ago I was somewhere in surulere and an elderly woman I supposed requested, from surulere to ikoyi, when I called to confirm her PU I discovered she was actually going to surulere from ikoyi... Had tje location on her phone being on she wouldn't have had such a problem.

Though some times I understand the location can not be too accurate due to some street not meeting up to yearly registration or tax payment so google won't carry it on the map but it will pick a nearby address.

radautoworks:
you see yourself? I said let YOU not you meet me.

Ok sorry my bad... Oya request me I dey my house like this my iyawo say at least make person with personality and dignity still c9me visit us for housegrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
izzou:

But that's the answer

sad

Permission not granted.

BAZ001, pope191, pearl1910, kanuisagoat, shollywendy, davit, peep4u, northbird, flexxyworld, radautoworks and others what do you guys think about this matter?

Na so i take miss scanner and other give away o... See now this nazz guy self still won collect my 2k now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
Felicity0001:

Oh! So... I tot they said the GMap is 100% accurate in the US?! I'm surprise reading this.

But you know what? I've noticed one peculiar thing about riders, most of them don't like turning on the location of their app b4 or while making a request. This can make or provide wrong PU. On 2 different occassion I tried educating two elderly people on this, well learned people but they said, No! People can track me with it. I was just wondering you know. Most youths are also not left out on this act especially our yahoo geng boys and girls...

So this is most reason why drivers can arrive at a different PU other than where you actually want them to be.

Okay, 2 nights ago I was somewhere in surulere and an elderly woman I supposed requested, from surulere to ikoyi, when I called to confirm her PU I discovered she was actually going to surulere from ikoyi... Had tje location on her phone being on she wouldn't have had such a problem.

Though some times I understand the location can not be too accurate due to some street not meeting up to yearly registration or tax payment so google won't carry it on the map but it will pick a nearby address.

Ok sorry my bad... Oya request me I dey my house like this my iyawo say at least make person with personality and dignity still c9me visit us for housegrin

You sef ehn lol. GPS has limitations and while it can be very accurate, there is still a margin for error so when one building had multiple entrances/exits it's possible to be on the wrong place. That's the case at the airport. They're so used to it when they see someone looking confused they just point you around the corner grin

At my house sef, Uber always puts the driver around the corner for some reason. Someone that doesn't know will be waiting. One of my friends knows to always manually move the PIN because their apartment used to be a hotel and the entrance was changed but Uber still takes drives to the old entrance which is now a wall lol.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Youngext: 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
nickvanilla:
Nigerians have this mentality that once you are an Uber driver, it is either;

1) You didn't graduate from school or,
2) You graduated but never got a lucrative job
3) You had no other option but to borrow,rent a car and drive like a miser around Lagos.

I won't lie, before I started driving on bolt I used to think like that. In fact, if the car wasn't flashy I would never imagine that the rider owned the car.

I don't even want to go into some details but you see some of these riders, don't be surprised if they do not have up to one-tenth of the money in your account balance. Some people just like to dey overdo themselves.

This morning I was talking to a colleague and he said one day when the Uber driver he took was trying to confirm his transfer, he saw over two million naira in his account balance and he was like, "na me wey no get up to 300k for account dey balance for owner's side?". He was shocked.

I know people who own businesses, landed properties in Lagos and drive Uber. Many of them are here. Some people just do it to kill boredom. [i]Some dey use am gather money for other plans. I don too talk sef. Make people continue to dey mumu themselves. [/I]

Barrister lawyer!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
Gentlelife50:

And because they are half naked or on hills they should be asking mumu questions?
If they are as smart as they claim they should be seeing the driver on the app.
Just call to provide suplementry info if need be, oyibo will never book a ride and start calling you to be asking yeye questions like 'where are you?'
How do you know are you in America or London, for your info they ask very stupid question, just pick drop and move on, put your ego aside pls,
Nigerians are a strange lot honestly , uneccessary touchy and so unfocused

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

Sprinkle Rice and bicarbonate soda grin
If u like u put a bowl of vinegar let everything sit in the car overnight and during the day if there is no sunshine.

Chai! All these chemists... cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by smallvill(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
I want to give out my tokunbo Toyota corolla for weekly delivery, I need advice on the procedure to take and how much weekly the driver should conveniently deliver to me.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) (3835) (3836) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: sunnymighty(m), XPaul and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.