Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3837) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4760534 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3834) (3835) (3836) (3837) (3838) (3839) (3840) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 6:25am On Jul 18, 2021
Guys, how far with riders changing destination Oooo?

I was on a trip within Surulere, next thing when we got to destination, rider said, we're heading to Lekki. What's the best thing to do?

Sshould I change direction to Lekki; will Bolt calculate the first trip within Surulere, and then from Surulere to Lekki? Or should the driver allow Bolt app to calculate fees for the entire trip?

Felicity0001:

Don't joke with any recommendation I give out here... My moniker is a brand and can't afford to dent it. Check my records its straight with lots of integrity.

If the guy Bleep up call me.

@ matrix414 put me in the loop of the agreements
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:26am On Jul 18, 2021
DonnyE:

I am really surprised that alot of guys here boost of making over 30k a day here, how come 25k remittance to car owners is recommended? Meaning the owner of the car of 2.5M is only getting one day of work. Or it's not possible to make over 25k a day? It doesn't seem fair to car owners.

Oga the op asked question how much is recommended, since you have a standard amount drivers make daily then recommend something to him na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

You can't ve wrong about this... GMap have a large room to improve i must say, the world is fast developing and people tend to make use of these services and patronage is always on the increase, so a need to step up their game.

I have experience a lot on your experiences shared trying to pick up riders and the smart once always call to inform me GMap will direct me through the wrong path but some wicked one will just request, throw their phones into the couch or bed and jump into the bathroom for a quick shower leaving the driver to hover around finding his way.

To some large extent I like the bolt riders app, for those rider who understand their environs well they watch the driver on their rider's app to see if he's doing the right navigation to them and if he makes the wrong turn they quickly call to redirect him... Ive had several cases like this and have also taught riders how to use it as well.

So in a but share, yje question "where are you?" Without any form of salutation to me is not welcome, it creates a wrong impression about the person even b4 pickup... Off course I won't tell you but I may not rate the person all 5star at the end.

Also, google should do more by updating their app.

grin grin in a what now?

I have seen so many typos in your posts but this should be the zenith of it all. Can't stop laughing

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 18, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 6:52am On Jul 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

Oga the op asked question how much is recommended, since you have a standard amount drivers make daily then recommend something to him na.

If you make over 30k daily, then it's fair enough to pay 2days money out of the 7days in a week to the owner of the car.

60k weekly rental is fair enough with the kind of dashboard we see here.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:58am On Jul 18, 2021
DonnyE:

I am really surprised that alot of guys here boost of making over 30k a day here, how come 25k remittance to car owners is recommended? Meaning the owner of the car of 2.5M is only getting one day of work. Or it's not possible to make over 25k a day? It doesn't seem fair to car owners.

When u ask a student to determine his pass mark, what do u expect. grin
Tokunbo corolla should be 35k sef, but I say 30k non negotiable. Owner does all repairs.
But owner of car is asking what is the amount that will be comfortable for a driver to pay, u may still see someone that will say 20k is what he can deliver

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 18, 2021

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:10am On Jul 18, 2021
geezyk:
That itedo estate na ocean, and the yeye estate gate men go still dey ask for code, even though na inside swimming pool dem dey live, and you're also correct about the girls, same thing with the guys, they wear their pride with PRIDE.

Ha!! You get bad mouth gringringrin

Itedo Estate
Itedo Estate
Itedo Estate
Itedo Estate
Itedo Estate

I dey try memorize the name so that I won't forgetgrin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 7:13am On Jul 18, 2021
donfortune48:

If you make over 30k daily, then it's fair enough to pay 2days money out of the 7days in a week to the owner of the car.

60k weekly rental is fair enough with the kind of dashboard we see here.

Why just 2days earning out of probably 6 to 7days....60k weekly is too small...90k or 80k should be ideal.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:14am On Jul 18, 2021
Blackbishop:

Am really sorry for that as that was disrespectful.

Wao wao wao...
Thumbs up Bro, I rate you even more now.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Matrix414: 7:15am On Jul 18, 2021
DonnyE:

Are you a driver on any of the platforms sir?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:17am On Jul 18, 2021
MrCarter577:

I was on a trip within Surulere, next thing when we got to destination, rider said, we're heading to Lekki. What's the best thing to do?

Sshould I change direction to Lekki; will Bolt calculate the first trip within Surulere, and then from Surulere to Lekki? Or should the driver allow Bolt app to calculate fees for the entire trip?

If u are using the old version let them change destination, if u have updated App to d latest version, end trip, let them request again.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:22am On Jul 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

Ha!! You get bad mouth gringringrin

Itedo Estate
Itedo Estate
Itedo Estate
Itedo Estate
Itedo Estate

I dey try memorize the name so that I won't forgetgrin

Dey no write the name of the estate for App. Avoid anywhere on the right of Freedom way after Primewaters 1 and 2, coming from Ikate.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 7:24am On Jul 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

The way most rider use it is very wrong. You just ring somebody and the first thing you say is, "Oga where are you?" No salutation, no any formal opening or introduction of conversation or persons, most of them even if you say "hello good morning/evening" they don't even answer you they just throw the question at you. Its speaks a lot about that person.

1. Like they're running out of airtime and needed to send their message without any time wasting. Broke azz nigagrin

2. Like they're your boss while the uber driver is the slave who was asked to wait for them at a spot and by the time they come out they couldnt find him so out of annoyance they put a call through to ask with annoyance "where are you?!" With a commanding tone.

3. Riders that do this have entitlement mentality. because they think drivers must come pick them at that very instance irrespective of where they're or where they're going to, what gives you the thinking I want to go to Sango, Badore, sangotedo, ijegun, ikotun at the 11th hour of the day?

Though some rider have good etiquette, they ring you tue driver...

Hello Mr. Felicity001, how are today?
Please I just requested a ride to So so so
Do i expect you?

100%... Such a rider already has 5stars even b4 the ride stars.

At least you called somebody the first thing you do is introduce yourself.

Not all those once with "where are you?"
With this your ideas, l wonder how you will cope if you travel abroad, nobody does all this greeting or want to know you, all they want is to get from point A to B. In a comfotable car.
I guess you are joking anyway, cos all this your fussiness will get you kicked of the platform Sharp, sharp.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:29am On Jul 18, 2021
InfinityEstates:

Chai! All these chemists... cheesy cheesy

Lolz grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:31am On Jul 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Any driver that enters an obviously deep water in the name of "rent must be made" is wicked.

Tomorrow is car inspection day.
Your comment should be for drivers with good partners. What do you have to say about partners that are hell bent on collecting full rent despite seeing how the streets of Lagos are?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 7:34am On Jul 18, 2021
dru23:

I guess you want some of my mama's cooking .......

You are upset that I no longer use your service.. I also recommended someone to you and the person was not happy with your job ...

This customer stated to me that you lack the proper tools to do the job .. And the customer had to go to YouTube to find solution......

Now a while back that you came to do oil change on my car .. You dump the whole 5quarts of oil instead of 3/2 quarts.. I had to tell you to empty it and gauge it....

Second... I had a camry 07 that I ask you to fix .. You got the wrong parts for it . And I had to have some one else do the job .. I wasted money and you offer to do job again...

This is the reasons why I don't use your services anymore.. And you complain to some one about it. And the person told me himself.......

You need to focus on your craft and build urself up...
Kai!! Kai !! �����
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CsRockefeller(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2021
Odin2:
grin grin grin I am not even an uber driver but I'm always here. The cruise here though...

pope191 and BAZ001, if uber stops paying you guys should enter comedy, or you can even combine the 2.

I dey tell you, this thread and the clearance thread are comic reliefs grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:40am On Jul 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

I hope owners understands the time and peril as well to inform their drivers to stay at home as well and skip payment for a day or 2

To be honest,
This rental contract is based on 6days a week.
Just use the day ur car is drying out to be ur rest day.
Truth is even if u work 5days a week, u still meet up with ur rental without stories.
Owner never asks for more money when driver makes double the amount he usually makes due to surge, so why should owner accept less because driver didn't work one/two days for whatever reason.

If u put yourself in the owners shoes, God will speedup your promotion.

Before anybody comes for me, I started driving another person's car, today I have people driving my cars and I am still an active Driver. I believe that counts for something in terms of experience in this hustle.

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:42am On Jul 18, 2021
donfortune48:

My brother follow me ask oh!

Someone will gross 200k a week with 30k fuel.
Remove Bolts 40k commission and it will be remaining 130k.
Driver will now pay car owner 25k and pocket 105k for himself.

And na car owner go still fix motor if E spoil from that 25k oh!

Wicked Ants.

Car owners right now
Seeing dis your post after friday flood ( car repairs)

[img]https://media1./images/2dbd3b248c1a98150f5d8b9e60b1ca45/tenor.gif?itemid=13314060[/img]

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:43am On Jul 18, 2021
pope191:

I miss bolt at times like this to b honest

Chai...Indriver don give u kopnomi. grin
I pray for u today be delivered from the spirit of Indriver IJN
Every chain tying u down to Indriver is broken IJN
grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:44am On Jul 18, 2021
Matrix414:

First you put out an advert that you need drivers for uber/bolt

A lot of people would definitely call you that they're interested.

You'll let them apply, and when you finally get someone your mind goes with, let him provide verifiable guarantors, usually 2, then you both agree on your terms.
Terms in terms of weekly remittance and maintenance together with other things you'd like the driver to know.

Talking about convenient weekly remittance, it varies, 50k could be convenient for A while it's 70k for B, but on a general neutral note, it's 25k weekly payment.

With all these said, you're sure to have your car up and running with steady influx of funds.

However, I'm an experienced taxify driver with active account and I'm in need of a vehicle on rentals, I'd like to work with you hence making this whole process less stressful. There are people here who can vouch for me.

I anticipate to hear from you.

Thanks
Succinct
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2021
nickvanilla:

The level of disrespect I have seen from some riders is just something else. I know we don't talk about it often here but it is so baffling. I don't even understand the mentality behind it. A driver is just a service provider as everyone else and deserves some courtesy at the least. Honestly if not for ratings, I don't think it would be that bad.
Dont you guys rate your passengers, it works both ways
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2021
deedee44:

Your comment should be for drivers with good partners. What do you have to say about partners that are hell bent on collecting full rent despite seeing how the streets of Lagos are?

Chief...just drive someone's car like its your own. Nature still works man, if u do good, u will see good.

There is no law that u must enter a terrible road or flooded street just to make money, there are a thousand and one streets that's not flooded. If u know u r d one that will fix the damage then u will not enter the water. I don't blame partners that share repairs with driver, it's for this same reason.
When there was partial lockdown, everybody adjusted. No partner will still insist on full money, but this one or two days flood shouldn't cause any stir because driver will make up the money as soon as he gets back on d road.
Partner never asks for more money when there is surge everyday for 7days straight.
Even though rental agreement is on 6days, partner never complains when he sees his car moving on tracker for all 7days.
So my statement is for all drivers who want to prosper in any life endeavor, not only driving.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:57am On Jul 18, 2021
Godfather10:

Dont you guys rate your passengers, it works both ways

Riders rating doesn't do shit, at least on Bolt, I have seen riders with 1star still able to request.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommytino(m): 7:58am On Jul 18, 2021
Bosses in the house, I hail o.
A driver has been working from Monday till Thursday afternoon and his car was hit by a particular company motorcycle. The company accepted to pay for the cost of repair of the car.
My question: Does the driver suppose to pay rental fee for days the was used (Monday - Thursday) or not?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 8:00am On Jul 18, 2021
nickvanilla:
Nigerians have this mentality that once you are an Uber driver, it is either;

1) You didn't graduate from school or,
2) You graduated but never got a lucrative job
3) You had no other option but to borrow,rent a car and drive like a miser around Lagos.

I won't lie, before I started driving on bolt I used to think like that. In fact, if the car wasn't flashy I would never imagine that the rider owned the car.

I don't even want to go into some details but you see some of these riders, don't be surprised if they do not have up to one-tenth of the money in your account balance. Some people just like to dey overdo themselves.

This morning I was talking to a colleague and he said one day when the Uber driver he took was trying to confirm his transfer, he saw over two million naira in his account balance and he was like, "na me wey no get up to 300k for account dey balance for owner's side?". He was shocked.

I know people who own businesses, landed properties in Lagos and drive Uber. Many of them are here. Some people just do it to kill boredom. [i]Some dey use am gather money for other plans. I don too talk sef. Make people continue to dey mumu themselves. [/I]
Very true bruv, very true, well said, most drivers beat themselves and feel inferior to those who have far less then them,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:02am On Jul 18, 2021
MrCarter577:

From experience, don't allow rider change destination especially if they didn't add the stop from the request just continue like that till the very end. But if the first request was without a surge and without a added stop and you suspect there could be surge in your present location then explain to the rider you are chasing bonus so you want the numbers to add up so he should make another request by making sure his location and location of requestion is ok so he can get you. In the case where he didn't agree tell him you cant wait besides you don't want to go to lekki now due to the water.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:04am On Jul 18, 2021
DonnyE:

Loud it grin
How can drivers be making 200k a week and be paying owner 25k. Are you paying tithe?
Lol, we will all be alright

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:05am On Jul 18, 2021
Odin2:

grin grin in a what now?

I have seen so many typos in your posts but this should be the zenith of it all. Can't stop laughing

Hahaha.... My bros d thing self tire me oooh be like I need g9 back to schoolgringrin no b typos oooh na error in spelling... Na standard 1 I finishgrin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2021
deedee44:

Loud it grin
How can drivers be making 200k a week and be paying owner 25k. Are you paying tithe?
Lol, we will all be alright

Lolz...na real tithe.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:19am On Jul 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

When u ask a student to determine his pass mark, what do u expect. grin
Tokunbo corolla should be 35k sef, but I say 30k non negotiable. Owner does all repairs.
But owner of car is asking what is the amount that will be comfortable for a driver to pay, u may still see someone that will say 20k is what he can deliver

Pearl1910.

Why should someone make 150-200k and pay just 30?
What's the logic here?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3834) (3835) (3836) (3837) (3838) (3839) (3840) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Curious345, Conner44, YeyeGbami and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.