Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4765472 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3836) (3837) (3838) (3839) (3840) (3841) (3842) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2021
deedee44:

Sir, being good does not automatically translate to success. EOD

No one is talking about being good. Being Faithful to a cause and backing it up with actions.

For instance, after church service on Sunday. By 12 noon. I hit the road. My neighbor will be like "Are you not resting, today is Sunday , ojo isinmi things? My rest day is one of the weekdays.
I just laugh, that's religious dogma. Sunday is one of the best days to drive in Lagos.

Yet, the same people will watch premiership being played by another group of people (thousands of miles) on a Sunday too.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bamigboye27: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2021
I think it's important we note that even if anyone is netting NOT GROSS 30k a day if it's possible, I think we should note that the person must have worked about 12 hours in a day or more. I'm sure nobody for the sake of his health and well-being of the car would do such back to back. Moreover there are some miscellaneous we fail to put into consideration. Finally, I feel the owner and the driver should have a proper discussion on what to deliver.
I know drivers who sugar coated the owner with high delivery amount just to get the car and it ended in mayhem because the amount wasn't feasible.

My take is, let the driver and owner have an agreement. If it pays you fine, if it doesn't, fine

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2021
yommytino:
Bosses in the house, I hail o.
A driver has been working from Monday till Thursday afternoon and his car was hit by a particular company motorcycle. The company accepted to pay for the cost of repair of the car.
My question: Does the driver suppose to pay rental fee for days the was used (Monday - Thursday) or not?

Are you the owner or the driver?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2021
donfortune48:

Pearl1910.

Why should someone make 150-200k and pay just 30?
What's the logic here?

Pearl1910:

Yea...driver bears all the risk, danger and threat, puts all the work, time and energy. Utilizes his Intelligence and craft to make the money.
Car is insured but life cannot be replaced so if he makes 1m and gives owner 30k its not out of place.

That's the reason
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2021
Godfather10:

How do you know are you in America or London, for your info they ask very stupid question, just pick drop and move on, put your ego aside pls,
Nigerians are a strange lot honestly , uneccessary touchy and so unfocused

He has the experience.
It is hardly possible to get a request from foreigners here and keep you waiting.

You are the strange lot. You were once here requesting for a driver to drive only at nights and still deliver 25k.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:08am On Jul 18, 2021
donfortune48:

True my brother.
It's not logical for a driver to make more than the car owner, talk more of pocketing x4 of what he pays car owner and still expect owner to fix every repair on the car.

Are u kidding me right now.
So a full human being should drive under the rain and in the sun and pack all d money and come and give u abi.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:14am On Jul 18, 2021
deedee44:

I don't support drivers mismanaging partners' cars in any way, I drive all cars like my car, even my enemy's if there's one.
I'm just saying we shouldn't be too rigid in all we do.

Baba, I was speaking generally.
I know u r a good man

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:21am On Jul 18, 2021
donfortune48:
Partners contributed money and gave civic23 to use as bait(sugar) to lure drivers(ants) to post dashboard and they fell for it. Now partners have seen the money they're making and are seriously deliberating on increasing rental fee, and some people are sweating already.
I support 50k rental a week abeg. After all that's what moove's HP drivers are paying and they're still taking care of their families.
Any partner wey no wan wise up na OYO be im case.

Soon, LASG will come up with a new tax reform for transport sector. Make no body talk oh!

Lolz...I thought this case of posting dashboard has been settled. Any partner that puts his car rental on 50k the car will grow mould in his garage. Even if he sees dashboard of 300k a week.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2021
Thank you. Day 4 as a driver. Hopefully, with time, i'll get used it.
Pearl1910:

If u are using the old version let them change destination, if u have updated App to d latest version, end trip, let them request again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 10:29am On Jul 18, 2021
Actually, I didn't end the first trip, Since it was on surge, I just changed the Location to Lekki. Trip ended 6,400 for 1h.30mins. Hope it's a fair price or should be higher?
Felicity0001:

From experience, don't allow rider change destination especially if they didn't add the stop from the request just continue like that till the very end. But if the first request was without a surge and without a added stop and you suspect there could be surge in your present location then explain to the rider you are chasing bonus so you want the numbers to add up so he should make another request by making sure his location and location of requestion is ok so he can get you. In the case where he didn't agree tell him you cant wait besides you don't want to go to lekki now due to the water.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:30am On Jul 18, 2021
End the first trip there. Ask rider to request you again. Or they go offline with you. Allowing them to change destination is a way of making them cheat you. Peace.
MrCarter577:
Guys, how far with riders changing destination Oooo?

I was on a trip within Surulere, next thing when we got to destination, rider said, we're heading to Lekki. What's the best thing to do?

Sshould I change direction to Lekki; will Bolt calculate the first trip within Surulere, and then from Surulere to Lekki? Or should the driver allow Bolt app to calculate fees for the entire trip?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:31am On Jul 18, 2021
DonnyE:

I am really surprised that alot of guys here boost of making over 30k a day here, how come 25k remittance to car owners is recommended? Meaning the owner of the car of 2.5M is only getting one day of work. Or it's not possible to make over 25k a day? It doesn't seem fair to car owners.

You see why dashboard posting is a taboo

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

That's the reason

That's good bro.

Now when next they post dashboard, try and compel them to inculcate these reasons.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2021
Seconded
Odin2:
grin grin grin I am not even an uber driver but I'm always here. The cruise here though...

pope191 and BAZ001, if uber stops paying, you guys should enter comedy, or you can even combine the 2.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2021
Amennnnnnnnnn
Pearl1910:

Chai...Indriver don give u kopnomi. grin
I pray for u today be delivered from the spirit of Indriver IJN
Every chain tying u down to Indriver is broken IJN
grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:37am On Jul 18, 2021
Felicity0001:

Mind you, yours inclusive, so maybe using yours as a yard stick remittance should be 8k weekly... Lol

As for me the only time I made 120k net was during the era of 3% after 20 trips on Uber... Even with this bolt daily bonus of 2k after 10 trips I'm still struggling to net 100k weekly. Now I'm being frank here... Net oh I said not gross... The highest I've done recently a day on bolt is 25/27k I supposed which took about 11-12hrs online for me... Now after that long hrs driving do you expect or think same person can still do same hrs the next day and the next day? When I no be robot.

Now, yesterday I didn't go out at all due to the traffic that dealt with me on Friday I got home drilled out, after 1am I entered house...was only able to do 3 trips on that very day Friday... Mind you Tuesdays are my resting days so I didn't work ... This is the reality many will not come out openly to say but as for me I'll always stand by the truth.

Look at the experience BAZ001 just shared... Would an owner prefer rent at 45k weekly and get hus car destroyed after a month or do 25k and let the driver work and have adequate rest and his car last longer? Which would one prefer?

30k to me for a single man is still now bad because you cant compare a single dude with a married man but 30k for a married man to me? Is a big No! Take it or leave it!

Lastly, anyone that wants to rent @60k, 35k per week or wants a deposit its up to that person after all no be help the person buy motor.

So when we give a vehicle to a married man how much should he remit and who will bear the cost of maintenance?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:38am On Jul 18, 2021
I avoid riders like this though. And that Alpha Beach area, na another blacklisted place for me. Never.
deedee44:

It doesn't, you can never see a driver with this rating still active on the platform

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...I thought this case of posting dashboard has been settled. Any partner that puts his car rental on 50k the car will grow mould in his garage. Even if he sees dashboard of 300k a week.

This is what brought it back sir.

DonnyE:

I am really surprised that alot of guys here boost of making over 30k a day here, how come 25k remittance to car owners is recommended? Meaning the owner of the car of 2.5M is only getting one day of work. Or it's not possible to make over 25k a day? It doesn't seem fair to car owners.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2021
I'm with you and others on this. 35k or nothing. grin
izzou:
Instead of me to use 2.5 million buy Corolla, God knows I'll use that money to buy Volkswagen T4 or LT

Danfo dey remit 8k to 10k per day, depending on the route.

And na still the same headache both of dem get.

20k a week is too bad. No driver should support that sef

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommytino(m): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2021
deedee44:

Why not?

Thanks boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:43am On Jul 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Yea...driver bears all the risk, danger and threat, puts all the work, time and energy. Utilizes his Intelligence and craft to make the money.
Car is insured but life cannot be replaced so if he makes 1m and gives owner 30k its not out of place.

Does this also apply to regular businesses? I mean, if I open a shawarma spot and employ marketers, bike riders, and someone who makes the shawarma. Do they deserve to earn more than me who invested my money since they do all the work and bear all the risk.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommytino(m): 10:43am On Jul 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Are you the owner or the driver?

Let's say: you are the owner and I'm the driver, how do you treat this?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:47am On Jul 18, 2021
deedee44:

Your comment should be for drivers with good partners. What do you have to say about partners that are hell bent on collecting full rent despite seeing how the streets of Lagos are?

When drivers are cashing out, in December for instance, because we all know December is sure unlike the red seas we see now that I can't explain... Do drivers drop any extra?
Now drivers are cleaning out and some still tell stories. Greed is a bad thing bros. The disdain guys have for car owners here is amusing if not downright absurd.
Life is good when the money goes round

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:48am On Jul 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

To be honest,
This rental contract is based on 6days a week.
Just use the day ur car is drying out to be ur rest day.
Truth is even if u work 5days a week, u still meet up with ur rental without stories.
Owner never asks for more money when driver makes double the amount he usually makes due to surge, so why should owner accept less because driver didn't work one/two days for whatever reason.

If u put yourself in the owners shoes, God will speedup your promotion.

Before anybody comes for me, I started driving another person's car, today I have people driving my cars and I am still an active Driver. I believe that counts for something in terms of experience in this hustle.

GBAM
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2021
davit:
I'm with you and others on this. 35k or nothing. grin

grin grin grin

Lol

Personally for me, I'll say 40k. After all, 150k net is doable

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 10:55am On Jul 18, 2021
davit:
End the first trip there. Ask rider to request you again. Or they go offline with you. Allowing them to change destination is a way of making them cheat you. Peace.

Ok. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hopefullight: 10:55am On Jul 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Are u kidding me right now.
So a full human being should drive under the rain and in the sun and pack all d money and come and give u abi.

With your write up, its obvious you are a driver and you want to Remain a driver for the rest of your life paying Partners 25k weekly.

You are talking as if the car owner contribute nothing to the business.

Let even assume the business generate 80k net income every week( "assumption) is 25k payment Not shameful and heartless to you?

With the Dashboard we are All seeing( thanks to dru, weekly remittance must be 40k expecially for corolla and other tokunbo Brands.

@DonnyE, do you have a car Doing uber?

Many drivers are craving for cars now...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hopefullight: 10:59am On Jul 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Does this also apply to regular businesses? I mean, if I open a shawarma spot and employ marketers, bike riders, and someone who makes the shawarma. Do they deserve to earn more than me who invested my money since they do all the work and bear all the risk.

God bless you with these analogy. It is only on uber business they are debating while drivers should earn more than the Partners.

40k or nothing should be the Standard with the rate at which car part and repairs is increasing.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:59am On Jul 18, 2021
bamigboye27:
I think it's important we note that even if anyone is netting NOT GROSS 30k a day if it's possible, I think we should note that the person must have worked about 12 hours in a day or more. I'm sure nobody for the sake of his health and well-being of the car would do such back to back. Moreover there are some miscellaneous we fail to put into consideration. Finally, I feel the owner and the driver should have a proper discussion on what to deliver.
I know drivers who sugar coated the owner with high delivery amount just to get the car and it ended in mayhem because the amount wasn't feasible.

My take is, let the driver and owner have an agreement. If it pays you fine, if it doesn't, fine

Fact is most times there are "signed & guaranteed" agreements but story story full ground. I've had quite a number of riders who sold off the cars they had because of plenty storytellers.
What I don't understand is how drivers don't see the shortsightedness in their gimmicks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2021
kanuisagoat:

So when we give a vehicle to a married man how much should he remit and who will bear the cost of maintenance?

Lol...even the owner sef is married. So married man don cancel. Married man be that. driver and owner both get bills to pay.

Generally, i still think 30k weekly rental is fair.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2021
Oluwabengz:

Lol...even the owner sef is married. So married man don cancel. Married man be that. driver and owner both get bills to pay.

Generally, i still think 30k weekly rental is fair.

I'm not against anyone's opinion oh! But try to dey always give your reasons make e dey clear for everyone to understand.

Why is 30k fair to you when a hardworking driver makes over 200k a week?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2021
donfortune48:

I'm not against anyone's opinion oh! But try to alway give your reasons make e dey clear for everyone to understand.

Why is 30k fair to you when a hardworking driver makes over 200k a week?

We are very fortunate to have a man like you here..

Thank you grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3836) (3837) (3838) (3839) (3840) (3841) (3842) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.