Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4732740 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3880) (3881) (3882) (3883) (3884) (3885) (3886) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
shollywendy1:

Even the day I wanted to pick my former colleague's daughter from one Gboys house in Chevy view last december. I didn't tell her father that happened to be my friend and ex colleague till today. Even though, conscience disturbs me each time I'm with the man.
Imagine, the only child of this man ooo

That was how I picked up this little girl from somewhere of admiralty way 2 nights ago girl was sound rude and tired but I just ignored because me self was not feeling too well at all and I need the trip to get to the main land.

As she hooped into the car(I was already feeling cold inside) just as I was about to start she already requested for AC and the weather was very cold.

Me: I don't feel too well can we pls do without the AC?

Rider: what?! I can't, let me order another.

I've been waiting for a trip to the mainland for the past 45min.

Me: its okay don't worry.

Just when I was about turning off the inner light I looked back briefly and this little girl look so much like Victoria, one of my uncle's daughter, I put tue light back on to look at her face again... This is Vicky na... Abi this night fever don turn to face recognition blindness.

I just mind my business... Rider: pls lower the volume I don't want noise.

I just slam the off button me self tire pass tire. But the car was just sounding like we're having a funeral silence so I'd to turn it back on and lowered to the very lowest and drove till ogudu... At some point I felt I need some inspiration songs so I took my Bluetooth and turn up the volume to the highest while putting off the radio.

Go to her destination ogudu GRA...

trip was card... So I couldn't find her name again on the pay slip... So I was force to ask because this time I could see her very well now.

Me: sorry, what's your name?
Rider: she answered without Any hesitation and this time even with a more friendly approach.
Do you know me?
Me: hmm... No don't worry was just asking (The name is different from the Vicky I know but menh... It was a striking resemblance... And the residence was also totally different.

She was still insisting to know if I know her... No, just look like some I know that's all... A relative...

Ok it's fine...she said.

Turn off app and thought about it till I got home.

What if it's actually Vicky? Well! Its none of my business I'm just a fucking taxi driver.

Take you fr9m point A to B, get paind and move to the next pay master

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2021
Have done that.... They promise to refund half of the money in a week time
BAZ001:

Have you contacted bolt ?
it’s easier and faster to block riders account than calling them out. It was like magic when you block their account
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 11:42pm On Jul 29, 2021
leocozy:
Hello guys. Plz do I have to get an appointment for vehicle inspection for both Uber and Bolt?

2. Can I use Bolt Inspection documents to register same car on Uber?

thanks in advance bosses.
I'm not in the business but your number 2 questions is like working in Gtbank and you waiting to receive salary in Wema bank. They are both different ...

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2021
Pearl1910:

It shouldn't be the darkest shade all-round...if na u, u sef go fear na.

I guess I'll be concerned. But mine is factory tinted, so it's slightly visible.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:05am On Jul 30, 2021
InfinityEstates:

I only experienced this once when I picked up a lady and her two kids. She was like I should wind down for security reasons. cheesy cheesy We later picked her husband though and the glass went back up.

Most riders like it when your car is tinted. The only question they ask is if police don't disturb me.

When tinting, it shouldn't be dark all through. The back could be very dark while the front could be lighter. I find it funny when guys tint the front glass with the very dark one then cut out a circle for the side mirror.

I don't like it when its too dark.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:12am On Jul 30, 2021
pocohantas:

You are right. The day a tinted car showed up, I sent my location to everybody.

Very funny. How come I didn't get it?
/)_/)
(•v•)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:19am On Jul 30, 2021
Pearl1910:

Even if we use thesame size, Why will I exchange my cylinder with her

Oven!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 12:32am On Jul 30, 2021
BAZ001:

Have you contacted bolt ?
it’s easier and faster to block riders account than calling them out. It was like magic when you block their account
I don't waste my time calling riders, if i don't get alert within 12 hours, i report to bolt asap. At least bolt will pay me half of the fare, What i like is that bolt will block the rider account and the will be the one calling you, pleading to help unblock their account.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odiman17: 2:36am On Jul 30, 2021
Hello, please anybody with useful information about bolt.i. Have done my car inspection,driver verification and online quiz since on Wednesday,I have been fully verified.and am yet to be activated please kindly assist.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pleasureosondu(m): 4:10am On Jul 30, 2021
[quote author=Felicity001 post=104232857][quote author=BAZ001 post=104231546]
[quote author=deedee44 post=104230750]
[quote author=CheerfulGiverr post=104222639)
Please I have a question, is it safe to buy cars from https://deals./cars/?page=3&append=true&location=4395&sort=newest. Are they legit? Because Prices here are ridiculously cheap.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:45am On Jul 30, 2021
LilX:

At the end I got a rental, a corolla 07 as clean as toks

Congratulations bro... I just hope it's not from here

Pls take care of the car like it's yours dont drag road with korupe, kele, Okada. and other road users... Be watchful of one way.

May God bless our hustle

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:58am On Jul 30, 2021
peacefulhome:

I dey loyal pass loyal milk.
You be my boss na , my hands dey up bro.

Heyyy! Mama abeg o no talk am again o

I'm loyal to your government.

Weldon ma'am

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:26am On Jul 30, 2021
InfinityEstates:

My account was registered in Lagos. Sometime last year (I think), I went to Ibadan. I went online just to see if I could be online in IBADAN and in less than a minute, I got a request.

Don't know if it still works or if it was just a one off thing. But you could do your FIRST REGISTRATION in Lagos and see if it would work. If it doesn't, you can always do for Ibadan too.

Registring in Lagos is like having a federal account... I've tested it in Ibadan, Delta, Benin, Abuja and Ph... I've always received a request within seconds but don't know if its open to new drivers.

The only thing that doesn't work is setting destination above a 100km distance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:34am On Jul 30, 2021
AgentXxx:
Have done that.... They promise to refund half of the money in a week time

One easiest excuse used by bolt to cheat drivers of their earnings yet they want drivers not to be aggressive with their riders.

B4 that one week that complai ticket must have closed and even you will not be able to retrace the trip to or open a new complain again yet they'll tell you to report back after a week. What then is the sense in it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:46am On Jul 30, 2021
Bolt should just forget about this their recent bonus structure for drivers its absolute nonsense! Can you imagine! 15% commission after 6trips and 6hrs online? What nonsense is this??! You'd noticed your total bonus after the usual 10trips of N2600 initially is only N300. Yet they're giving riders N1600, N1k, N800 and so on and so forth bonuses and drivers working morning till night are getting peanuts.

For some days now I can't count the numbers of riders I've been asked to collect N300 after a trip that lasted 35/45min... What nonsense is this!

Uber should better take advantage of this now

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiverr: 6:04am On Jul 30, 2021
Felicity001:
Bolt should just forget about this their recent bonus structure for drivers its absolute nonsense! Can you imagine! 15% commission after 6trips and 6hrs online? What nonsense is this??! You'd noticed your total bonus after the usual 10trips of N2600 initially is only N300. Yet they're giving riders N1600, N1k, N800 and so on and so forth bonuses and drivers working morning till night are getting peanuts.

For some days now I can't count the numbers of riders I've been asked to collect N300 after a trip that lasted 35/45min... What nonsense is this!

Go offline on bolt and drive only on uber if e sure for you. Complain complain complain. All bark and no bite

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:07am On Jul 30, 2021
A quick one guys, if you've a dealer that has a Toyota Corolla 2012, sport edition, clean title (accident free), any color other than red please contact me urgently.

Budget is 3.7-4m

If you've a link pls treat as urgent.

Most importantly it must be accident free and color must not be red.

Preferred color: grey, black, navy blue and white.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kamikaz1: 7:38am On Jul 30, 2021
Uber driver needed on a rental remittance basis for a Tokubbo Toyota Corolla 2004 around Somolu/Yaba/Onikan/surulere.

Driver MUST reside in this zone.

Please contact 09123274794

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2021
odiman17:
Hello, please anybody with useful information about bolt.i. Have done my car inspection,driver verification and online quiz since on Wednesday,I have been fully verified.and am yet to be activated please kindly assist.

Send them a mail (uche) and state that you have done every then attach the inspection document..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicdon(m): 8:09am On Jul 30, 2021
BAZ001:

Pls what did you do or possibly think you did ?
This night a lady started saying I’m a different driver from what is showing on my profile. She showed me my own picture and said its not me. I laughed so hard, then I saw her stepping out of the car. My brain just rest and remembered seeing this post. I had to turn it to a joke that I’m the one oo madam pls enter and tried to convince her, before she will report and I will have to be looking for one inspection center up and down Lagos.

Some riders are just difficult

The lady did a transfer since Friday last week, i did not receive alert, after taking it up with bolt, she finally sent the funds on Wednesday, she then told bolt i invaded her privacy, you know bolt na, them sharply block me Wednesday evening, i no even argue, picked my phone and called support, got unblocked yesterday sha...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicdon(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2021
Sending mails to bolt when you get blocked is a waste of time, that's my own advice sha, just call support, narrate your experience with such rider that got you blocked, give it 24 hours, your account would be unblocked...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 8:29am On Jul 30, 2021
Hmmm, what do you suggest I should do?
Felicity001:

One easiest excuse used by bolt to cheat drivers of their earnings yet they want drivers not to be aggressive with their riders.

B4 that one week that complai ticket must have closed and even you will not be able to retrace the trip to or open a new complain again yet they'll tell you to report back after a week. What then is the sense in it?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:45am On Jul 30, 2021
Phred1717:
Guys... Please help ooo.. I carry a rider n ended the trip at #5500, of which I showed her n she paid n I confirmed it. The next day I got a call from her that the trip ended at #3800. An I check my trip list n saw the exact amount #3800. What do I do to that effect. Becos she's asking me to reform her

Am thinking she requested a Price review and Bolt will give her the difference in her account, so in here next ride she will pay 1,700 less. Or will have discount of 1,700 in her account until she exhausts it.
If Bolt doesn't contact u to refund forget it. Only do this if u r sure and very sure u saw 5,500 at the end of the trip.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:47am On Jul 30, 2021
IFSHR:

She must have requested a trip review.....implying bolt will have readjusted their commission calculation using the new price 3800..

You have two options...

You can initiate a new price review as well, and see what the price will be recalculated to , its either reduced, increased or returned as 3800

Or just kindly refund her the excess balance, in your shoes, I will take the last option..

Why will u refund it, it's ur money, u worked for it. Except u do the calculation of the distance, time and surge and it's not anywhere near 5,500

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:54am On Jul 30, 2021
obinoral1179:
I'm not in the business but your number 2 questions is like working in Gtbank and you waiting to receive salary in Wema bank. They are both different ...

No, it's like using GTB account opening form to open account in Wema Bank.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2021
ksmart027:

I don't waste my time calling riders, if i don't get alert within 12 hours, i report to bolt asap. At least bolt will pay me half of the fare, What i like is that bolt will block the rider account and the will be the one calling you, pleading to help unblock their account.

U never jam person wey no send Bolt Account.
As for me, I ask u if u r doing transfer, then I tell u I will get alert before u go O, especially Gboys. Na Dem dey do fake transfer
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:02am On Jul 30, 2021
odiman17:

Have you uploaded all required documents to them? From your Bolt App-Setting-Add Vehicle-New
Bolt App- Setting- Account -Documents

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:08am On Jul 30, 2021
Felicity001:

Don't forget Bonus Is dash money...u have made ur main money already. Just last month they were dashing upto 19k in a week so make them rest abeg.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:13am On Jul 30, 2021
vicdon:
Sending mails to bolt when you get blocked is a waste of time, that's my own advice sha, just call support, narrate your experience with such rider that got you blocked, give it 24 hours, your account would be unblocked...

Yea, I always say this...I prefer u visit their office and have a one-on-one. All those mails will be treated according to procedure with no humanity attached.
Do u mind sharing the phone number, so guys can utilize this option?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2021
Crvrider:

Oven!

Ewwwwwww... disgusting
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 9:20am On Jul 30, 2021
Pearl1910:

Don't forget Bonus Is dash money...u have made ur main money already. Just last month they were dashing upto 19k in a week so make them rest abeg.

The dash money encourages drivers a lot.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidwemby: 9:25am On Jul 30, 2021
Labi01:
�� Thanks so much

@izzou, how can I reach you privately without the DM option?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3880) (3881) (3882) (3883) (3884) (3885) (3886) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Foreigner12(m), dannybee(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.