Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4796691 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by laytoshtwo: 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 1:42am On Jan 05, 2018
Pls I need this spectranet if you have for sale.

Thanks

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 6:27am On Jan 05, 2018
Its weekend, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays are the peak days on uber and taxify....
FRIDAYS- target 20k to 25k...
SATURDAYS-target 20k to 30k...
SUNDAYS-target 20k to 30k
MONDAYS- target 18k to 22k
rest on Tuesdays...
WORK SMART AND LETS KEEP LAGOS MOVING...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 6:30am On Jan 05, 2018
I need a driver that lives around surulere to pick up a Toyota corolla 2003/4 asap,
call me on 08032800453...
Driver must have a fenced and secured house...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omatynx: 6:53am On Jan 05, 2018
Pls can someone clarify a newbie here. Does daily Earning showing on drivers app means ubers 25% had been deducted or had not been removed?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 6:55am On Jan 05, 2018
Yes, uber's 25% has been removed, the earnings you see are after their commission

omatynx:
Pls can someone clarify a newbie here. Does daily Earning showing on drivers app means ubers 25% had been deducted or had not been removed?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 8:05am On Jan 05, 2018
Epphy:
Choose What You Fight... In 2018

I once met a very successful business man and I asked him to share his secret with me.

He smiled and said to me..
I started succeeding when I started leaving small fights for small fighters.
I stopped fighting those who gossiped about me...
I stopped fighting over unnecessary issues with my spouse...
I stopped fighting for attention...
I stopped fighting to meet up with public expectation...
I left such fights for those who have nothing else to fight...

“And I started fighting for my vision, my dreams, my ideas and my destiny. Then I started winning big".

That was the day I gave up on small fights.
Some fights are not worth your time.

Fight to make your visions and dreams come alive!
Fight the good fight of faith!
Fight for your destiny not for your ego!

Entrepreneurs shouldn’t have time for unnecessary fights!
Visionaries don’t cluster their mind with nonsense bickering!

Always ask, what is this fight adding to my destiny, my goal, my progress?
Choose what you fight.
#copied
man like gazzuzz.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 8:09am On Jan 05, 2018
ogunvic41:
Its weekend, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays are the peak days on uber and taxify....
rest on Tuesdays...
WORK SMART AND LETS KEEP LAGOS MOVING...

thanks. tips on driving areas for specific time periods will also be appreciated
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dreamchaser14(m): 8:37am On Jan 05, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dreamchaser14(m): 8:43am On Jan 05, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Arizona1: 9:59am On Jan 05, 2018
Hello guys, anybody using this type of Camry on Uber? Please share your experience with both riders and car's performance.
Thanks guys...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ameristu: 10:05am On Jan 05, 2018
Arizona1:
Hello guys, anybody using this type of Camry on Uber? Please share your experience with both riders and car's performance.
Thanks guys...

The profit margin is slim as a trip from mainland to lekki is around NGN1,500 and Uber would take NGN300 on commission, looking at the cost of fueling, your profit would be low. It is still a good car tho.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vena92: 11:28am On Jan 05, 2018
laytoshtwo:
I believe in all the drivers that dont have a car very soon God will answer your prayer,dont be desperate to drive any car check the terms and conditions very well,lt will be a good year for you.Nigeria businessmen want to solve their ancestral problem from their business,that is why most business don't last.
AMEN... God please remember me oh.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2018
agborichard:

With over 40 cars in ur care. How do u monitor each nd every1 of them. I jst wanna knw bro. because to me sometins are nt feasible at all.

Just curious. Am bad at math. If a fleet company has over 40 cars and owners are guaranteed 50k weekly. How many employees do you think they have to run the company. And also how much money are they paying their fleet managers. Do you think they have enough hands to deliver quality service? Or do you feel that this is a matter of quantity over quality . Just asking .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2018
dru23:

Just curious. Am bad at math. If a fleet company has over 40 cars and owners are guaranteed 50k weekly. How many employees do you think they have to run the company. And also how much money are they paying their fleet managers. Do you think they have enough hands to deliver quality service? Or do you feel that this is a matter of quantity over quality . Just asking .

On this thought line I beg to disagree ... it is really not about how many managers are employed that will deliver quality but really about the processes u put out to deliver quality.

A fleet manager tries as much to optimise delivery and reduce cost for repairs and maintenance inclusive of Drivers behaviour management. All this can be achieved with fleet management solutions that is readily available and sold by companies.

Fleet managers remains the point that holds together a transport business cus they can draw up SLA with auto work shops in line with vehicle manufacturer recommendation.

I hope with this few points of mine I am able to pass across a lil something... thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2018
alstarmayo:
Yes, uber's 25% has been removed, the earnings you see are after their commission

My guy how far ? You are a finance major. I was thinking that if I were to have over 40 cars that I manage. And I am paying the owners 50k a week. How many fleet managers do you think I will need. And also what do you think I should be paying the mangers. Do you think the company could be run smoothly. And the business will be profitable for me. Since I don't own any of the cars. Better yet I own own only a handful. And do you think this is a matter of quantity over quality.
Your input will be greatly needed . Maybe me and you can start our own fleet company wink wink grin wink cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mboi2: 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
dru23:

My guy how far ? You are a finance major. I was thinking that if I were to have over 40 cars that I manage. And I am paying the owners 50k a week. How many fleet managers do you think I will need. And also what do you think I should be paying the mangers. Do you think the company could be run smoothly. And the business will be profitable for me. Since I don't own any of the cars. Better yet I own own only a handful. And do you think this is a matter of quantity over quality.
Your input will be greatly needed . Maybe me and you can start our own fleet company wink wink grin wink cheesy
Why can't you focus on the management of your own fleet of 5cars and pray you get up to 50cars like those you keep attacking. Plse stop all these, you are spoiling the good work some people are doing on this thread. People like us who are newbies on this business are learning a lot from this forum. Are you enemy of progress? Are you angry at the way people like Ogunvic, Romeo and other good fellows here are helping people? Stop making fool of yourself in public. It doesn't worth it. Manage whatever God has given to you and be happy. Allow others be whether they are stupid or not, it's not your business.

Please I am here to learn not to read antagonized posts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omatynx: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
alstarmayo:

Thanks bruv
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
MrDickle:
So you wanted to enslave him forever. He left your car and you went mental. posting stupid picture like a kid? You have a problem. You must seek urgent medical attention. How can a man with a dick be this stupidly petty? How do you handle your woman at home, that is if any woman would be that unlucky to stay with you?
Hahah... why would I want to enslave him . This is not Libya now . Beside that we have a slavemerchant on the thread. He might be up to the task .

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bassette(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
ogunvic41:

Have been managing cars on uber and taxify for about 6 months...I do combine with driving back then...no time to drive again, I now manage fully and also invest into my company...
Being a driver make my management easier as I understand what the drivers go thru...
LETS KEEP LAGOS MOVING
WORK HAS STARTED...
can I talk to you please, how do I reach you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
Before or after fuel

quote author=ogunvic41 post=63907050]Its weekend, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays are the peak days on uber and taxify....
rest on Tuesdays...
WORK SMART AND LETS KEEP LAGOS MOVING...[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
bassette:
can I talk to you please, how do I reach you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
You Have 40 Cars and wondering how many fleet managers you would need in other to have a successful management.
There are factors you need to check before ascertaining the number of fleet managers needed to manage the said number of cars. No company has ever been established with the aim of running at a loss but there are several companies that folded up as a result of that.

Factors you need to check :
Are you the owner of the 40cars?
Are you managing the 40 cars for people and getting fleet managers to assist you?
Are your drivers going to be on percentage?
Are they going to be on a fixed salary, I doubt so in this case.
How much is the said 40cars bringing in?
What happens when your drivers don't meet up the weekly target?
How much you intend paying your fleet managers?
In a case of engine, gear breakdown, who handles it?

These are some of the factors you need to consider before giving an estimate the number of fleet managers needed to cover 40cars

Analysis
If a car is to bring in 120,000 weekly (bear In mind that the 120k is subject to bin epileptic)

120,000 x 40 :4,800,000

Fuelling 35,000
Partner 40,000
Drivers 35,000
Miscellaneous 3,000.

35+40+35+3 : 113,000

This means you make 7k from each car weekly
7,000 X 40 : 280k weekly and bear in mind the 120k can't be constant due to unforseen circumstances.

280,000 X 4 : 1,120,000 monthly

From this analysis, you can now figure out the number of fleet managers you need to manage 40cars.

A fleet manager can manager 8 cars
Meaning 5 fleet managers to manage 40 cars and each manager on a monthly salary of 100k.

This analysis is solely based on uber/taxify biz

So Dru, I hope I have bin able to give you a insight the number of managers needed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
bodefakorede:
[quote author=Leo2013 post=63695
how have I swindled you sir. does returning a car means I swindled u.?

I know you quote someone else, but you referring to me.

You admitted you misbehave while chatting on whatsapp now you are here asking, how you cheated me?

You, are suppose to be among leading drivers, unfortunately ur fraudulent way, won't let u progress.

Real drivers on this forum maintain one moniker, because they want to keep their reputation, unfortunately, when I connect u, it was a different moniker.

You are busted!

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
Dovehorizon:
You Have 40 Cars and wondering how many fleet managers you would need in other to have a successful management.
There are factors you need to check before ascertaining the number of fleet managers needed to manage the said number of cars. No company has ever been established with the aim of running at a loss but there are several companies that folded up as a result of that.

Factors you need to check :
Are you the owner of the 40cars?
Are you managing the 40 cars for people and getting fleet managers to assist you?
Are your drivers going to be on percentage?
Are they going to be on a fixed salary, I doubt so in this case.
How much is the said 40cars bringing in?
What happens when your drivers don't meet up the weekly target?
How much you intend paying your fleet managers?
In a case of engine, gear breakdown, who handles it?

These are some of the factors you need to consider before giving an estimate the number of fleet managers needed to cover 40cars

Analysis
If a car is to bring in 120,000 weekly (bear In mind that the 120k is subject to bin epileptic)

120,000 x 40 :4,800,000

Fuelling 35,000
Partner 40,000
Drivers 35,000
Miscellaneous 3,000.

35+40+35+3 : 113,000

This means you make 7k from each car weekly
7,000 X 40 : 280k weekly and bear in mind the 120k can't be constant due to unforseen circumstances.

280,000 X 4 : 1,120,000 monthly

From this analysis, you can now figure out the number of fleet managers you need to manage 40cars.

A fleet manager can manager 8 cars
Meaning 5 fleet managers to manage 40 cars and each manager on a monthly salary of 100k.

This analysis is solely based on uber/taxify biz

So Dru, I hope I have bin able to give you a insight the number of managers needed.

For now I have few cars on the platform. My currant manager has 6 other cars that he manages. Down the road as my fleet increase I would like for him to dedicate his Time and energy soley for me . I will offer him incentives for him to return the cars that are not mine.
Due to the fact that I want to build a good team around me. He is well experience. My major issue with fleet company or people that manages cars for various clients. Is that the quality of service might not be up to par. You have a manager dealing with 50 cars 50 bosses or investors or personality he has to deal with. And I feel that these investors might not get the best out of their money and it might hinder their investment.
I also feel that any serious partner . That wants to take these Uber serious. Once they expand their fleet . They should hire a fleet manager soley for their growth of the company. What's your view on that. And the reason is that this Uber business is a very good business. And if handle way it is profitable.
What's your take
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
If you are a driver and you fall into any of these categories;

* You work very hard
* You can make minimum of 100k weekly
* You don't get to make up to 30k weekly for yourself after fueling and maintaining your partners car
* You are constantly been harassed by your partner calling you every 20 mins.
* Your partner collects the car 1 or 2 days out of 7 days of the week.
* Your partner doesn't care if the car you drive is giving you problems as long as you pay his weekly rental

Hit me up, i may have a better deal for you. grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
Everything balls down to money.

If Mr A is earning 350k a month and you want him to resign and work solely for you, then you should be able to pay him much more than what he earns.

I like your view on someone working specifically for you as he channels all his energy into making it more productive.
Issues with fleet company is based on management, poor organization leads to poor services, it's as simple as that.

dru23:

For now I have few cars on the platform. My currant manager has 6 other cars that he manages. Down the road as my fleet increase I would like for him to dedicate his Time and energy soley for me . I will offer him incentives for him to return the cars that are not mine.
Due to the fact that I want to build a good team around me. He is well experience. My major issue with fleet company or people that manages cars for various clients. Is that the quality of service might not be up to par. You have a manager dealing with 50 cars 50 bosses or investors or personality he has to deal with. And I feel that these investors might not get the best out of their money and it might hinder their investment.
I also feel that any serious partner . That wants to take these Uber serious. Once they expand their fleet . They should hire a fleet manager soley for their growth of the company. What's your view on that. And the reason is that this Uber business is a very good business. And if handle way it is profitable.
What's your take
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
Dovehorizon:
Everything balls down to money.

Haha of coz now . That's why I said I will offer incentives. I will offer him a deal he can't refuse. My point on this forum is for serious investors . Once you have increase your fleet. Try to start planning or building a team around you . Than once you have set up team for specifically for you. Take your cars away from fleet management company. That is my honest advice. Because at the end of the day. Smart fleet company will return cars back to their various owner. Once they have been able to buy their own fleet of cars . Nobody wants to be working for somebody for the rest of their lives. Smart investor wants ownership. They want to own things that are of value.
Thank you so much bro . For taking your time . Am sure I will get a lot of hate from various fleet company on this thread. But that is fine .

If Mr A is earning 350k a month and you want him to resign and work solely for you, then you should be able to pay him much more than what he earns.

I like your view on someone working specifically for you as he channels all his energy into making it more productive.
Issues with fleet company is based on management, poor organization leads to poor services, it's as simple as that.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Monsur1: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
Romeo3:
If you are a driver and you fall into any of these categories;

* You work very hard
* You can make minimum of 100k weekly
* You don't get to make up to 30k weekly for yourself after fueling and maintaining your partners car
* You are constantly been harassed by your partner calling you every 20 mins.
* Your partner collects the car 1 or 2 days out of 7 days of the week.
* Your partner doesn't care if the car you drive is giving you problems as long as you pay his weekly rental

Hit me up, i may have a better deal for you. grin
Good day. My name is Monsuru. An active driver on Uber/taxify, presently with Honda city But really afecting my ratings and i visit the mech shop constantly, I reside in Palm avenue I will love to drive your car provided ur T&C is ok . thanks for d anticipated consideration. Wasap on 08066780769
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
[quote author=Mboi2 post=63916190]
Why can't you focus on the management of your own fleet of 5cars and pray you get up to 50cars like those you keep attacking. Plse stop all these, you are spoiling the good work some people are doing on this thread. People like us who are newbies on this business are learning a lot from this forum. Are you enemy of progress? Are you angry at the way people like Ogunvic, Romeo and other good fellows here are helping people? Stop making fool of yourself in public. It doesn't worth it. Manage whatever God has given to you and be happy. Allow others be whether they are stupid or not, it's not your business.

Please I am here to learn not to read antagonized posts.[/quote

]

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
Monsur1:

Good day. My name is Monsuru. An active driver on Uber/taxify, presently with Honda city But really afecting my ratings and i visit the mech shop constantly, I reside in Palm avenue I will love to drive your car provided ur T&C is ok . thanks for d anticipated consideration. Wasap on 08066780769
I am hardly on whatsapp
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mboi2:

Please I am here to learn not to read antagonized posts.

all these motivational speakers sef, them go teach person how to enter fire politely. .... Nobody will twist my brain this 2018.

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: bobman(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.