Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747539 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4157) (4158) (4159) (4160) (4161) (4162) (4163) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:50am On Oct 18, 2021
XGhost:

To some degree I'd agree and then again disagree.
I think the major reasons for the adjustments are to protect the engine and the environment.
Like Many new cars won't let you rev beyond 4/5000 RPM for "environment" sake, even if you floor the accelerator.
Yes, some models/trims share parts and like you said some adjustments for maybe 10 extra KM.
But for significant difference between trims, things are different over and under the skin. A corolla S sports a different instrument cluster. A corolla xrs is a complete different beast and it's instrument cluster is different too same as its top speed.
Then again, aerodynamics, the faster you go the more wind resistance. That's why as you approach those extremely high speeds the increment is slower. Given enough room, without the limiter the car will do its stated top speed

In all my grammar, my point is u will burst your engine if u try to hit the needled at the end of the speedometer if your car has not been enhanced.
Look for horsepower and d speed limit of your car, don't look at the max speed printed on the speedometer. Trying to hit the speed limit sef is dangerous, as our 15year old engines aren't at optimal state to reach that speed.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2021
Nothing like having your own car for this hustle I swear after I swear. I will update the house later on what is going on between me and partner later.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 11:56am On Oct 18, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Me i be speed junkie, But na highway things, i no dey do fast and furious shit for tight corner

If i can’t outrun person i’d let you go, cos some people sef sabi match dia vehicle. but some mumu go dey block you.

Speeding is dangerous.

This one is so annoying, like what's your problem.

However, also annoying for me is when you de speed, you come tailgate me horning and flashing your lights when there's a free lane, oga you met me here o and there are 3 other lanes. Me sef I'll use my hazard lights to tell you geraway

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 12:05pm On Oct 18, 2021
Almost hit 190. cool My last trip spilled into this morning. Would have been 193.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Almost hit 190. cool My last trip spilled into this morning. Would have been 193.
It's why my first trip reads 19k

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2021
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.....
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase. ..
Tested and Trusted Service..

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...hahahahahaha. cheesy cheesy grin grin
Na only me mention u for this matter?
My guy wink

Wu b ur guy?

grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
Gudvibes06:
Nothing like having your own car for this hustle I swear after I swear. I will update the house later on what is going on between me and partner later.
I agree with you, e no easy for those driving their cars talk of those driving other people's car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Gudvibes06:

I understand your plight bro God will bless your hustle and give you ur own. Believe most partners are evil there's nothing you can ever do to satisfy human being not even your wife so don't think of making an attempt.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
Baker77:

What's the implication of not using filter but AC na coldstone?

Not using the cabin Air filter is harzadous to your health, you can imagine breathing in all those particles that get sticked to the air filter without the air filter in place and on the mechanical side, dirt and debris will stuck around the internal AC component..

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
Gentlelife50:

I agree with you, e no easy for those driving their cars talk of those driving other people's car.

Yeah but its actually a good way to start because you learn a lot. Reason why I was never worried during my rental days with a lot of changing of partners.

There's lot to learn in the trade.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
Pearl1910:

In all my grammar, my point is u will burst your engine if u try to hit the needled at the end of the speedometer if your car has not been enhanced.
Look for horsepower and d speed limit of your car, don't look at the max speed printed on the speedometer. Trying to hit the speed limit sef is dangerous, as our 15year old engines aren't at optimal state to reach that speed.

Oh well... That's why I said"out of the factory".
Then again, many recent vehicles add a small electric motor to increase horses. The motor allows it more power while taking the demand off the combustion engine, also reduces emissions.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
Felicity001:

I understand your plight bro God will bless your hustle and give you ur own. Believe most partners are evil there's nothing you can ever do to satisfy human being not even your wife so don't think of making an attempt.

The other time I said it but you took offence. I'll say it again unequivocally, y'all paint drivers as saints and the partner as the devil when in most cases the reverse is the case.
Unless the partner gives you a lemon, all the owner of the car wants is for you to use his car properly and pay his rent as agreed, but we all know that many drivers have a problem with that.

P.s, this has nothing to do with the brother's untold story as it is untold.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 1:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
We deh wait o.
Gudvibes06:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EAkoteyon: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2021
This is to ensure your speed it stable over your journey. Once it is on, the Your car won't change gear to the next higher level. It's simply to control speed
CheerfulGiver:
This O/D button is in every Toyota pre 2008

What do you think it's there for? grin grin

Do your research and get back to me.

I'm not your average driver cool cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DMechyy: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Point taken, I will try to find good used anyway I can for some parts.

Like if the part was taken directly of a used or salvaged vehicle.

It's just hard to trust these market sellers, vs say, buying directly from a DENSO distributor.

These market guys could even try selling you the faulty parts that someone has thrown away from their car as tokunbo.

Thanks for the advice.

You are right

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
EAkoteyon:
This is to ensure your speed it stable over your journey. Once it is on, the Your car won't change gear to the next higher level. It's simply to control speed
Wrong.

It locks the gear in 3. Used for overtaking or highway driving. I push any car to 140 on gear 3. Manual or auto.

It's not for rookies
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
Nexttpage:
Perfectly n smooth.
You should hasten n service it.

Do U have any good mechanic? Holla me biko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Passionate888: 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2021
Gudvibes06:
are you still 'cuming' to tell us the story?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baker77: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
IFSHR:

Not using the cabin Air filter is harzadous to your health, you can imagine breathing in all those particles that get sticked to the air filter without the air filter in place and on the mechanical side, dirt and debris will stuck around the internal AC component..

Getting it ASAP...thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
The end of the story my people is that I'm available again for HP/Rentals . The car was retrieved from cos I want to OTA at the weekend for my child's naming that did not disturb me from remmiting in full for the week they offered another car though but I can't even meet up with 20k per week with the car no to talk of 30k...... Yes I was told not to operate with the car outside Lagos but I told him I have naming in so so and so place but he claimed he did not hear that part.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2021
XGhost:

The other time I said it but you took offence. I'll say it again unequivocally, y'all paint drivers as saints and the partner as the devil when in most cases the reverse is the case.
Unless the partner gives you a lemon, all the owner of the car wants is for you to use his car properly and pay his rent as agreed, but we all know that many drivers have a problem with that.

P.s, this has nothing to do with the brother's untold story as it is untold.

Many a times you people misunderstood or quote me out of context. I do not take offence on people's opinions unless your opinion is an attack on me simply because I speak the truth base on personal experience which most of you don't have any idea of.

If you think I'm wrong take us back to memory lane let's re-evaluate and possibly clear things up.

No one wants h/h own business mis-managed but what pissed me off is having the mentality that every employee is a thief

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
The lord is your strenght, pray you get another car soon.
But should in case of next time too, please try to avoid such too. Some owners are just like that. Am not saying you are at fault, but just to be on a safe side and to avoid looking for car now and then.
Gudvibes06:
The end of the story my people is that I'm available again for HP/Rentals . The car was retrieved from cos I want to OTA at the weekend for my child's naming that did not disturb me from remmiting in full for the week they offered another car though but I can't even meet up with 20k per week with the car no to talk of 30k...... Yes I was told not to operate with the car outside Lagos but I told him I have naming in so so and so place but he claimed he did not hear that part.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2021
EAkoteyon:
grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
I get you sir lesson learnt but at least a warning would have been cool but all the same we move on.
Juwonmania:
The lord is your strenght, pray you get another car soon.
But should in case of next time too, please try to avoid such too. Some owners are just like that. Am not saying you are at fault, but just to be on a safe side and to avoid looking for car now and then.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Juwonmania(m): 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
You are, right but we don't think equal.
Gudvibes06:
I get you sir lesson learnt but at least a warning would have been cool but all the same we move on.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatNiccur: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
It's why my first trip reads 19k

Considering the curfew, you mind explaining how long the trip lasted? And how you were able to dodge those police men. Please post trip details

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nexttpage(m): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Not sure I’m in your city.
MrCarter577:

Do U have any good mechanic? Holla me biko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nexttpage(m): 3:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Oh thank you much much.
VaselineCrew:

This is the type of scanner I got, but I can't find it on jumia at the N1,500 price anymore

Maybe I got lucky with the seller slashing his price about a month ago

It only worked with an android device

https://www./wireless-car-scanner-support-all-protocol-elm-mpg65002.html
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
Gudvibes06:
First of all, Ota is Lagos as far as I'm concerned. Second, any man that cannot understand the need for a father to be fully present for the naming ceremony of his child, is an absolute fucktard_.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Antell95(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
You don't understand me bro. Drivers trained by me don't talk. They just deliver.
You can train me too?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
ThatNiccur:

Considering the curfew, you mind explaining how long the trip lasted? And how you were able to dodge those bribe-seeking-curfew police men. Please post trip details

Hmmm
Bold niccur... c’mon

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4157) (4158) (4159) (4160) (4161) (4162) (4163) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.