Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4820266 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4278) (4279) (4280) (4281) (4282) (4283) (4284) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
yommie007:
Baba na surge dey drag out stars down oo.... person wey dey pay such high amounts noh dey give 5 stars oo.... me sef chop breakfast 1.9× from surulere ijesha to VI for 7,200... the babe look me begin laff... "BOLT YA DAYS ARE NUMBERED" as she paid, I knew my star go suffer. Well some dey vex cancel rating and not rate at all though.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Springboot: 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
dTransporter:
Mehn, today would have been the first time I walk a rider outta my car. But she behaved well.

Was at Ago palace after dropping off a rider. Got a request to Yaba left. As I was approaching her street, I noticed they were fixing the road. Immediately her call came in and she told me about the road repair. In my mind, I was like, why didnt you call me earlier to update me. Small vex enter me. She sha directed me to take another street which I did via map.

Meanwhile, I already swiped arriving now oh when I first entered her street coz I was already 2mins away from PU before seeing the road construction.

Fast forward to when I got Into her street, I was at no 72, called her that I'm outside...she said no oh, i have to turn back that she's at no 62. I don dey vex already but stayed calm. I sha had to turn back inside that tight street. Got to PU...waiting another 8-10mins inside hot sun AC. Meanwhile, waiting time don dey count oh.

After about 8-10mins , she came out, me I sha bone face. I nearly walked her outta my car but she was carrying her baby. She saw my countenance and started apologising for the delay. I just told her I was expecting you to had come out when I told you I was at no 72 and you told me to turn back to no 62. That it's not fair that I had to wait another 10mins but it's fine. But she still apologized n explained she was busy with something. Apparently, she was packing her baby stuffs. So, I became calm sha.

Supposing she had mistakenly said shebi shes the one paying n bullshit crap or she gave I dont care attitude. Omo, I would have activated 3mins madness and cancel at the front of her gate. The sun was too hot for someone to be doing anyhow.

I sha started the trip and after feeding her baby, sleep carry am go coz there was traffic n she seem tired. Got to yaba left n woke her up.

Ended the trip n She did transfer n thanked me... but I didnt bother to confirm coz where I was parked, I no sure of the place. So I drove off.

Few mins later I checked n still haven't gotten alert...omo!

Called her n she said she would send me her debit alert. After few mins, she called back n said they haven't debit her that she would send it. I sha said okay. Few mins later when I was close to home, I got alert.....

I don close shop.

Tomorrow is another ginger day. Still waiting for the first rider I'll cancel n walk outta my car...lol.

Reading thru your own story, you need to work on your emotions, you have anger issues.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
Awon 'holier than thou' have entered the thread.

Make una enter road, drive consistently for one month and come back with same narrative.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dTransporter: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
Springboot:

Reading thru your own story, you need to work on your emotions, you have anger issues.

Ok sir. Noted with thanks!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dTransporter: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
ReadaDream:
Awon 'holier than thou' have entered the thread.

Make una enter road, drive consistently for one month and come back with same narrative.

Please leave them to be speaking good English.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
Pearl1910:

Enjoy.
Bolt hasn't given me bonus for 3weeks now. But I Net 25k daily on weekdays and 35k on weekends. Can I achieve this on Uber?
Baba he be like say cheerfulgiver don pass the baton to you o. Make month end, make I collect salary and buy 4 tokunbo tyres and do some retouching on the bumber and go for inspection remain.
You got students to tutor o. Hoping to drive on weekends in the spirit of testing the waters
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
BAZ001:

25k * 5 days = 125,000
35k * 2 days = 70,000.
Neeettttttttttttt 195k week in week out

[img]https://c./D1UYqF1qdb4AAAAM/excited-nollywood.gif[/img]

Haha! I need to be sent a text book on how this works. Did about 120 trips on both Uber and Indriver in October driving about four to five days a week. This November, I barely was able to drive, did just a few trips the days I went to work, make person for no blow empty from Ajah to Ikoyi. Leg is too weak to drive, even with the determination to hit Ubers five percent, I just couldn't.

I need to know the brand of steroids folks take to achieve that type of feat driving week in week out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
eyinola:
This our work heennnn , trip 2400 from rollace hotel to cubana ikeja rider do transfer 1900 come dey form say na mistake angry oya do d balance na for like 5 mins she just dey rant blaming network grin oya na show me wetin dis ur bank dey say sef omoh na insufficient balance be dis na madam she say the bank dey craze oooo say she get money for the akant grin and me another rider don dey wait beside the car to enter to VI I just ask her to get down from my car and go

Make una dey drop the phone numbers of these set of terrible riders

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by humblesteve(m): 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
dTransporter:

Agreed, she forgot the first time.

But You missed the point sir....What about the time I passed another route to her street and called her to update her I've arrived? Why delay extra 10mins+? Knowing fully well your street is very tight and I have to keep driving front n back when cars wana pass coz I was basically obstructing other cars.
Oh, now I understand better, it’s all good sir
I wish you all the best in the hustle

Drive safely

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
This morning, I picked a chick from Berger to Lekki 1 on 1.4 surge. She said she will just pickup something and will continue to Ajah, So we will end d trip and she will request again. I wanted to say no need, u can just update the address. But as una don put fear for my body about Bolt calculations, I said no problem.
As we were going I come they reason what if surge no dey Lekki by the time we reach, na lose for me o. Another mind say what if for Lekki na 1.8 surge they there grin

As we reach Lekki Ikoyi link I check Riders App and there is surge. Reached destination at Brazzars Plaza, end trip, she requested again and it entered onehand X1.6 she was now packing all her things, omo my mind say whether this girl wan scam me, what if she no come outside again, or she follow another exit comot. I said please can u transfer the one that has ended already? d babe now understood that I was suspecting, she now smiled and said okay I will leave this bag. When she went In I checked d bag. Hope there is something valuable inside. I saw Shoes and perfumes. That's when I now relax, at least show and bag reach 5k if I no see am again.

Two lessons from this story...
1. Be smart, use wisdom and maximize ur earnings. If there was no surge in Lekki, I would have persauded her to just change destination.
2. Be bold and trust no one, everybody is looking for an opportunity to outsmart or cheat u. without insurance, I would just be a sitting duck in that place.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
Pearl1910:
This morning, I picked a chick from Berger to Lekki 1 on 1.4 surge. She said she will just pickup something and will continue to Ajah, So we will end d trip and she will request again. I wanted to say no need, u can just update the address. But as una don put fear for my body about Bolt calculations, I said no problem.
As we were going I come they reason what if surge no dey Lekki by the time we reach, na lose for me o. Another mind say what if for Lekki na 1.8 surge they there grin

As we reach Lekki Ikoyi link I check Riders App and there is surge. Reached destination at Brazzars Plaza, end trip, she requested again and it entered onehand X1.6 she was now packing all her things, omo my mind say whether this girl wan scam me, what if she no come outside again, or she follow another exit comot. I said please can u transfer the one that has ended already? d babe now understood that I was suspecting, she now smiled and said okay I will leave this bag. When she went In I checked d bag. Hope there is something valuable inside. I saw Shoes and perfumes. That's when I now relax, at least show and bag reach 5k if I no see am again.

Two lessons from this story...
1. Be smart, use wisdom and maximize ur earnings. If there was no surge in Lekki, I would have persauded her to just change destination.
2. Be bold and trust no one, everybody is looking for an opportunity to outsmart or cheat u. without insurance, I would just be a sitting duck in that place.
Gentlelife50, BAZ001, Felicity001 and co... A new hoodlum in town grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
mejai:

Gentlelife50, BAZ001, Felicity001 and co... A new hoodlum in town grin
No sir
The moral of the story is
Bolt was mentioned in the essay. In Bolt calculation.
2, that there is surge from 1.4 to 1.6 even at Lekki.

Uber was never mentioned.

Sixty sense now says always drive on bolt.

I'm outta here

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2021

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thoollz: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
IFEBARBIE:
grin

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

Finally!!! An initiative that protects drivers from harm. I hope the others follow this wonderful safety step. It'll also reduce the rate at which riders are unwilling to pay especially if their account gets blocked.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Had to screenshot this on Facebook grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
IFEBARBIE:
grin

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

Good one. Little by little... this should be done for every Rider on every trip. It will reduce crime and fraud

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
pocohantas:

Unless reading and comprehension isn’t the Bolt voltron’s forte, I like to think I made it clear that I didn’t know my way around the mainland and the driver was an elderly man. He was quite clueless on his map and I ended up cooperating with him to figure out the route. I posted the trip here and someone accurately mentioned the area in Ikeja.

Saying Uber is second class is akin to saying Benz is second class because the majority of Nigerians are not buoyant enough to afford it, hence the 03 Corolla craze. Only someone with an abysmal sense of economics would put forth such.

There is really no comparison.

I'm still trying to see the sense in the bolded statement, that you book a ride on Uner doesn't make you richer than one who uses the indriver app.

The brain is weird to a usual life style even though change is constant but some things are not so with some brain neurons.

Stop making it look like you're a special spicie just because u r bound to using the uber app, they all have the same people and tools of operations. As a matter of fact who even says Uber is more expensive than Bolt? The last I checked Bolt has a higher parameters for fare calculations.

No one is special
Everyone is equal

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
Felicity0001:

I'm still trying to see the sense in the bolded statement, that you book a ride on Uner doesn't make you richer than one who uses the indriver app.

I didn’t say it makes me richer.

Sanity comes at a cost in a madhouse like Nigeria. You might want to argue that, I wouldn’t indulge you. wink

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ghost1994:
Had to screenshot this on Facebook grin

Some guys just mumu for this ehaling work. I can't just imagine.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
Oga Felicity0001 abeg I still de hope on your alert thanks boss..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
Another Monday has passed, yet no display of dashboard.

So revolution is finally peaceful.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dTransporter: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
Una wey dey go/live for Bariga dey try oh...

How una dey do am? The road is gangster. Even my rider pity me and said "what a journey". I no sure say I go reach that end again sha.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dharmie13(f): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
GPS wahala today no be here. Anyone with GPS problem today
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
davit:

The guy I picked yesterday night to Ikeja on 1.9. He didn't come out of the event centre until after about 15 mins paid waiting. Trip ended 6600. Na so Alaye dey para. That what he saw was less than that. He did 6k. I jejely told him he must complete the money. He gave me 500 naira as balance. I still asked for my 100 naira balance. This was a guy who expected me to do 120kph and compete with pilots on my 3rd mainland bridge.

After paying the 100 naira, Alaye was like: Oga you too kala o. In my mind, you too ka alubosa.

Next time make request only when you re ready.

Another idiot rider made a request on 1.9x at Igbo Efon axis around evening time. After arriving, I called her. She said she was coming. 10 mins after, she called that she would see me now. On the dot of 18 mins paid waiting she cancelled. I saw her out come out. Checked my car and booked again. I moved away from her. Request came to me 4 times and I made sure she cancel all.

After the last cancellation, she called my line and started asking me if I was not going. I sha told her my mind. ALWAYS BOOK Ride ONLY WHEN YOU Re READY.
I guess she was blocked after the 5th cancellation. Na so I get another request on 1.9. These ones too delayed close to 20 mins before they came out.

The moment you waste my time waiting, and your fare goes up, no mercy.

When we keep saying that Time consciousness is not domiciled in our DNA, some folks would come out to defend rubbish.
I've never picked up a foreigner, mostly all these Asians, Indians cum Paskitani and he/she waste my time, never. They'll be on look out, in search for you sef, monitoring your movement on the app...
What the hell is wrong with black race for God sake?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
ndubuisi2021:

Haha! I need to be sent a text book on how these works. Did about 120 trips on both Uber and Indriver in October driving about four to five times a week. This November, I barely was able to drive. Did just a few trips the days I went to work, make person for no blow empty from Ajah to Ikoyi. Leg is too weak to drive.

I need to know the brand of steroids folks take to achieve that type of feat driving week in week out.

Bros Na motivation you need, when you need urgent 100k you will drive everyday.
Lol, don’t believe what you read here, guys break down, their cars also breaks down but they won’t tell you.
It’s not easy driving esp in Lagos with all the road constructions everywhere.
I tried driving today cos it’s Monday and there will be mad surge but I was getting short short trips request, the only long trip I got was to load two drums inside my trunk. Immediately I saw the way the two Abokie’s were carrying the drums, I just started my car and was going home the rider open mouth?

So its not only you some days go just off you, you can’t drive everyday 24/7 and not breakdown (you or your car)

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Guys be careful about transfer this season. I had this experience this afternoon.

After I ended the trip, rider did transfer and told me he d been debited. As per say Na 700 naira and he also rated me in my presence, I let him go. 4 hours later other transfers entered except his. I had to call him after about 5 hours.

He told me to resend my account details. 30 mins later I saw the alert.

Till now, I have I can't say what really happened. But I saw him do the transfer also watch out for riders that will do incomplete fare transfer.

God no go shame us o. Happy hustling.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
davit:
Guys be careful about transfer this season. I had this experience this afternoon.

After I ended the trip, rider did transfer and told me he d been debited. As per say Na 700 naira and he also rated me in my presence, I let him go. 4 hours later other transfers entered except his. I had to call him after about 5 hours.

He told me to resend my account details. 30 mins later I saw the alert.

Till now, I have I can't say what really happened. But I saw him do the transfer also watch out for riders that will do incomplete fare transfer.

God no go shame us o. Happy hustling.
It could be reversal on his part.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dTransporter: 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
dharmie13:
GPS wahala today no be here. Anyone with GPS problem today

Whenever I have GPS problem and I'm on 4G LTE mode, what I do is switch to 3G mode and vice-versa. It happened today on my last trip to Bariga. Sometimes, the GPS stops directing and stations at one point even when I'm on motion. But once I changed my mode, it picks up again.

Also note that if you are already on 3G mode, switch back to 4G LTE mode.

I notice that some areas are not good with 4G mode...while some are good when on 3G mode...so I switch mode.

I use Glo and this has been working for me.

You can make the switch on your phone settings.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
May be. But if na most riders especially the olosho dem, Na bye bye o[

Besides, the he didn't even all me too even if na reversal.

It is well sha. quote author=mejai post=108067520]
It could be reversal on his part. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Johnchrix:
Oga Felicity0001 abeg I still de hope on your alert thanks boss..
grin grin
Continue hoping, maybe his app is hanging.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
grin
Things I read on this page.... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
Got in a fight with a danfo guy today

Punched him, while his conductor punched me back.

What happened? He ran the red light and was insulting me on top.

Gosh, such a lawless society we live in, I couldn’t take it anymore.

Of course I know I need to calm down cause something bad might have happened to me as the driver was already reaching for scissors, but I was just sooo angry

Why are we so lawless in Naija?

Why? God why?

I wish I had a gun, I would have shot him instantly

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4278) (4279) (4280) (4281) (4282) (4283) (4284) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Donbrowser9 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.