Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4821684 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4465) (4466) (4467) (4468) (4469) (4470) (4471) ... (5707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viking07:
How do you respond to this?

Its self explanatory na...refer to your mail or App for details of Driver Score calculation.

Driver score is calculated based on your last 100 Requests whether u decline, cancel or complete.
So they start all of us with fresh 100 trips that we didn't cancel. Now this guy decclined 3trips, it means he has completed 97 out of 100 last trip requests. So even if he does 50 trips back to back, it will still be 97% (I guess). Because d newest trip replaces d oldest trip in this 100 trip count. So if he cancels again at 51st trip, its now 4 trips not completed in d last 100. So his score will be 96% and so on and so forth. To really comprehend how difficult it is to get a good Score, check ur last Three Months Trips and see how much u completed out of the total trip requests you got. Some people complete only 20% of the total trip requests they get. The best drivers sef may just have done 60%.
That's why I said this Policy is senseless and not well thought of, it will be near impossible to get meaningful Score the more u stay online and take trips cos even when u make sure u don't cancel, rider will definitely cancel.

I said it before, Drivers will be blocked en-mass if they don't change the policy and they will be left with few drivers.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viking07:
Sup?
donfortune48(m): 9:56am
Lush100:

Abeg how much does GIGM or other's close to their park at abuja charge to ibadan or lagos

Most of them have fixed price for passport delivery to anywhere in Nigeria.
GUO is 3.5k. Insurance inclusive.

@Viking07
I want to pick an intl passport from an immigration officer, then u help me send through GUO to deliver to ibadan or lagos (which ever is easier for them).
Lets talk
lushserv@gmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2022
Pearl1910:

Its self explanatory na...refer to your mail or App for details of Driver Score calculation.

Driver score is calculated based on your last 100 Requests whether u decline, cancel or accept.
So they start all of us with fresh 100 trips that we didn't cancel. Now this guy decclined 3trips, it means he has completed 97 out of 100 last trip requests. So even if he does 50 trips back to back, it will still be 97% (I guess). Because d newest trip replaces d oldest trip in this 100 trip count. So if he cancels again at 51st trip, its now 4 trips not completed in d last 100. So his score will be 96% and so on and so forth. To really comprehend how difficult it is to get a good Score, check ur last Three Months Trips and see how much u completed out of the total trip requests you got. Some people complete only 20% of the total trip requests they get. The best drivers sef may just have done 60%.
That's why I said this Policy is senseless and not well thought of, it will be near impossible to get meaningful Score the more u stay online and take trips cos even when u make sure u don't cancel, rider will definitely cancel.

I said it before, Drivers will be blocked en-mass if they don't change the policy and they will be left with few drivers.
One more question biko. With this new policy in place does the indices below still counts? Or can one manage it? I just learnt you must balance the percentage somehow to avoid blocking. This bolt system don dey tire person.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by repairpalng: 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Huawei P20 Pro dey?

Yes sir 27K to fix. 08137013426, 07087154931, 09061468645, 08121235355

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lush100:

Lush100:

Abeg how much does GIGM or other's close to their park at abuja charge to ibadan or lagos

@Viking07
I want to pick an intl passport from an immigration officer, then u help me send through GUO to deliver to ibadan or lagos (which ever is easier for them).
Lets talk
lushserv@gmail.com

Cc: Baz001
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lush100:

Lush100:

@Viking07
Lets talk
lushserv@gmail.com
Okay, but that “help me” part, because I’ll charge you. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Chae:
This car engine sound with d level of d temperature, my sweet honda

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
Chae:
This car engine sound with d level of d temperature, my sweet honda

I am really enjoying the car, 3 years counting. Once it mark 5, I'll throw open party at Farm city phase 1

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viking07:
Okay, but that “help me” part, because I’ll charge you. cheesy
It's not free na even in Freetown.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 4:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
Getting fuel is very difficult now. I wonder why Bolt no surge everywhere. Any driver that on his app with no surge na mumu. I’ve told my driver not to on it with no surge. He suffer to get fuel today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
pope191:

Cc: Baz001
Bro pope
Wetin bazoo1 wan do for here.
I no be cheerful
I no be chillex
I no be dru

Na abuja runs be this.
U no say i no like bazoo1 wahala.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chae: 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mine 2 yrs 8 month, still deh clean pa
pope191:

I am really enjoying the car, 3 years counting. Once it mark 5, I'll throw open party at Farm city phase 1

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
GeneralZodd:

inDriver has its own challenges too , but if u master it. You will be cool with their app
Pls do me good and state some of it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viking07:
One more question biko. With this new policy in place does the indices below still counts? Or can one manage it? I just learnt you must balance the percentage somehow to avoid blocking. This bolt system don dey tire person.

If u follow d Driver Score judiciously automatically u will be good on Acceptance Rate. Cos it means majority of your cancels will be "Rider cancelled" or u cancelling because "Rider didn't show up". Fewer "not accepting" and "driver cancellation" without getting to PU or waiting the required minutes.

Technically Acceptance Rate is now obsolete.
Because Ur Driver Score is on your cancellations in ur last 100 trips while Acceptance rate is on ratio of last 50 cancellations. So before u have 50 cancellations to check how well u did, you may already be below 70% in ur Driver score and get blocked because some cancellations in Driver score carries 2%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2022
Pearl1910:

Driver score is calculated based on your last 100 Requests whether u decline, cancel or complete.

In a very simple explanation. Since below 50% is where drivers will be yanked off, that's half. Everyone should just make sure they do more trips than they reject or equal it. We can use short trips to make up for the rejected ones quicker
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2022
deedee44:

In a very simple explanation. Since below 50% is where drivers will be yanked off, that's half. Everyone should just make sure they do more trips than they reject or equal it. We can use short trips to make up for the rejected ones quicker

Yes but, some cancellations are minus 2%. So u may need to complete more than half to stay afloat.
Plus when last did u complete 50% of all the trips requests u get in a week.
So it behoves on all drivers to accept most trips which will be to unfavourable destinations, not necessarily because of bad road but for many other reasons. Just saying do 50% of the trips u get is easier said than done...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lush100:

Bro pope
I no be cheerful
I no be chillex
I no be dru

Na abuja runs be this.

grin and Baz001 no get wahala, nah condition. He's into visa processing, very good at it with up to speed delivery

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Chae:
Mine 2 yrs 8 month, still deh clean pa

Need.to paint mine this year, I've over wash her life. With the minor dent I have today, I don't think I have option
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
Pearl1910:

Yes but, some cancellations are minus 2%. So u may need to complete more than half to stay afloat.
Plus when last did u complete 50% of all the trips requests u get in a week.
So it behoves on all drivers to accept most trips which will be to unfavourable destinations, not necessarily because of bad road but for many other reasons. Just saying do 50% of the trips u get is easier said than done...
Oh! I'm not aware of some cancellations having double point.
I just profer the short trip solution to drivers who only accept long trips, they can use short trips to favorable areas to keep up their score as those trips come more often than not
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chae: 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
��
pope191:

Need.to paint mine this year, I've over wash her life. With the minor dent I have today, I don't think I gave option
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2022
Na like this men dey fill up tank.
To trust gauge these days no safe.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
deedee44:

Oh! I'm not aware of some cancellations having double point.
I just profer the short trip solution to drivers who only accept long trips, they can use short trips to favorable areas to keep up their score as those trips come more often than not

When u r looking to balance the number of cancelled trips, u just have to start accepting all kinds of trips, whether long or short, favourable or not. And that brings us back to drivers not having a choice.
How do u make it that it's only what want that u will get at the time u want it.
What's d probability of getting only d desired type of trips to balance my score easily?
Say I am in Alausa and I just need short trips within Ikeja and Berger but all I am getting is Igando, Ijegun and Ikorodu. Then I manage to go to Igando and now hope I will get another trip out of that area but I now start getting trips from Lasu axis and destination are short trips around that same area. I can't imagine doing short short trips around Igando, Lasu, Alaba and Ijanikin
I will further cancel like half of the trips I get to achieve my first goal, thereby further putting myself in a more difficult situation.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abiolag(m): 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
Pearl1910:

When u r looking to balance the number of cancelled trips, u just have to start accepting all kinds of trips, whether long or short, favourable or not. And that brings us back to drivers not having a choice.
How do u make it that it's only what want that u will get at the time u want it.
What's d probability of getting only d desired type of trips to balance my score easily?
Say I am in Alausa and I just need short trips within Ikeja and Berger but all I am getting is Igando, Ijegun and Ikorodu. Then I manage to go to Igando and now hope I will get another trip out of that area but I now start getting trips from Lasu axis and destination are short trips around that same area. I can't imagine doing short short trips around Igando, Lasu, Alaba and Ijanikin
I will further cancel like half of the trips I get to achieve my first goal, thereby further putting myself in a more difficult situation.
U can set destination trip to get out of there only if u've not used d 2 options before that time grin
This is modern slavery jare

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Pearl1910:

To begin with, it depends on your location. You cannot be on the island and be getting igando, ijegun, ikorodu trips more than 5 times out of 10. You will rather get short trips within the island more than 5 times out of 10. Do you get my point now?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lush100:
It's not free na even in Freetown.
Ermm, I sent a mail with my number ending with 401. Before someone else will send you a mail claiming to be me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Viking07:
Ermm, I sent a mail with my number ending with 401. Before someone else will send you a mail claiming to be me.
Una no dey forget things grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
abiolag:

U can set destination trip to get out of there only if u've not used d 2 options before that time grin
This is modern slavery jare

Yea...if u still have it. Moreover destination trip will only get u to d area u have set, while I would have been pleased with many other possible available areas. So it's limited.

E.g if u set destination from Igando to Ikeja. U have rulled out all possible Abulegba, Ogba, Berger, Magodo, Yaba, Surulere, VI and Lekki trips.
If u set it to Lekki u have rulled out all possible Egbeda, Abulegba, Agege, Ogba, Berger, Magodo, Ago, Ajao trips.
So it's still very very inadequate. In some places it's as good as going offline

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
Pearl1910:

If u follow d Driver Score judiciously automatically u will be good on Acceptance Rate. Cos it means majority of your cancels will be "Rider cancelled" or u cancelling because "Rider didn't show up". Fewer "not accepting" and "driver cancellation" without getting to PU or waiting the required minutes.

Technically Acceptance Rate is now obsolete.
Because Ur Driver Score is on your cancellations in ur last 100 trips while Acceptance rate is on ratio of last 50 cancellations. So before u have 50 cancellations to check how well u did, you may already be below 70% in ur Driver score and get blocked because some cancellations in Driver score carries 2%

It's time I port back to Uber, I can't deal with this new rating system from Bolt

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
Pearl1910:

hope you see fuel buy today? When we go meet for oremeta or Aina.....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
deedee44:

To begin with, it depends on your location. You cannot be on the island and be getting igando, ijegun, ikorodu trips more than 5 times out of 10. You will rather get short trips within the island more than 5 times out of 10. Do you get my point now?

That was just an example, and being on d Island does not guarantee u will get good trips

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2022
obinoral1179:
hope you see fuel buy today? When we go meet for oremeta or Aina.....

Lolz...Dm me, let's exchange contacts. It's easier to communicate that way.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lush100:

Bro pope
I no be cheerful
I no be chillex
I no be dru

Na abuja runs be this.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4465) (4466) (4467) (4468) (4469) (4470) (4471) ... (5707) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: bobman(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.