Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4766820 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4581) (4582) (4583) (4584) (4585) (4586) (4587) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
northbird:

I'm glad, they removed the yeye curfew. Police were just using it as an avenue to extort people.
police has never ask me abt curfew shaaa, it's just been normal stop and search even once they just peep into my car they let me go even with my tinted glasses

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mainaugustine(m): 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2022
Good day bosses...how today kitikiti?...went to do car papers today and I couldn't find the Vin and I was adviced to write nil...I hope that won't be a problem?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
eyinola:
police still dey hold u? I don't even want bolt to lift the curfew anyway grin trip wey person dey run 800- 1K on indriver now dem go spoil tinz 600 still Comot 25%, the least i do from cubana isaac john to rumors oduduwa way is 800 that trip will be 600 on bolt

Please!Please!!Please!!! grin abeg don't bring up this price issue again. We've gone past this stage. Besides, Ushe won't be happy about this your assumption else you risk being blocked grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
thormywa:
Hello All, Please contact me if you are in need of uber car financing at affordable rate.
check your dm
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
komodapson:

Please!Please!!Please!!! grin abeg don't bring up this price issue again. We've gone past this stage. Besides, Ushe won't be happy about this your assumption else you risk being blocked grin
nonsense price grin am so waiting for this general strike
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2022
eyinola:
nonsense price grin am so waiting for this general strike

As usual, most drivers will chicken out. I can bet my balls.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2022
YeyeGbami:

As usual, most drivers will chicken out. I can bet my balls.
that's the problem bro, so pathetic..this people are just doing anyhow, if I want to be nice to riders because of economy why don't u as an app coy just reduce ur commision to accommodate the different but rather u choose to inflict suffering on ur drivers that is bringing the coy the funds to stay afloat... all of them dey mad both uber and bolt even indriver sef don dey mad grin if e easy to dey use car of 3M dey run kitikiti for Lagos i see no reason why bolt never roll out cars for drivers to be remitting

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
kanuisagoat:

There is no good naija used civic. They have all been abused with reckless abandon. That's why they are mostly sold for peanuts

Lolz...at reckless abandon grin grin grin

Search for the 2005 models.
Less than 4yrs used in Naija.

If u know how to search for and buy used cars u will never buy tokunbo again except for personal use wink

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
Pearl1910:

Let's just say I have been in d business for even longer than most Bolt staff or their agents grin
Long enough to know these things.

I believe you die

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
eyinola:
that's the problem bro, so pathetic..this people are just doing anyhow, if I want to be nice to riders because of economy why don't u as an app coy just reduce ur commision to accommodate the different but rather u choose to inflict suffering on ur drivers that is bringing the coy the funds to stay afloat... all of them dey mad both uber and bolt even indriver sef don dey mad grin if e easy to dey use car of 3M dey run kitikiti for Lagos i see no reason why bolt never roll out cars for drivers to be remitting

All the corolla wey moove roll out that time, i no dey see them for road again. Even this korope wey dem bring sef cannot withstand the pressure.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2022
ksmart027:

I have seen someone before using Toyota avensis wagon.

Avensis wagon or hatchback?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Bammzzie:

How authentic is this news bro?

Confirmed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
mainaugustine:
Good day bosses...how today kitikiti?...went to do car papers today and I couldn't find the Vin and I was adviced to write nil...I hope that won't be a problem?

I laff In Spanish...how will u do car papers without VIN. Can u do an ID card without passport photo or name ?

Or was it a renewal?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
YeyeGbami:

All the corolla wey moove roll out that time, i no dey see them for road again. Even this korope wey dem bring sef cannot withstand the pressure.

Dem carry 6million naira car come do uber alone. I laugh dem in spanish. Mind you this are cars with original parts fixing. Even the so called three cylinder cars are like 3million brand new. It wont work. Cos after the minimum 2years plus to recoup what is left of that car as resale value....

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2022
ncnerio:

Dem carry 6million naira car come do uber alone. I laugh dem in spanish. Mind you this are cars with original parts fixing. Even the so called three cylinder cars are like 3million brand new. It wont work. Cos after the minimum 2years plus to recoup what is left of that car as resale value....

One of my guy were collect say I'm just de use am de save money, when I'm tire I'm go return am give them, the car body don't the scatter self and front bomber don pull.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Muhammadson2020: 8:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
eyinola:
police still dey hold u? I don't even want bolt to lift the curfew anyway grin trip wey person dey run 800- 1K on indriver now dem go spoil tinz 600 still Comot 25%, the least i do from cubana isaac john to rumors oduduwa way is 800 that trip will be 600 on bolt
. As in those short trips @ ₦800, ₦1000 on inDriver is better than so many useless short trips on Bolt. 5 good shorts around Ikeja @ those curfew hours will fetch like 5k plus easily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by morax101(m): 8:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
mainaugustine:

That is a big problem, engine no can be overlooked but not VIN, what type of car is this?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mainaugustine(m): 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
It's new...the guy said he is coming to check for the Vin himself cause me I didn't see it ..and another question the car has some dents(plenty small) at the front and at the back too ...a driver saw it and said bolt might reject it ..me I don't have money for that now...can I be using first and then later paint cause on roads I see plenty dents on cars been used for ehailing
Pearl1910:

I laff In Spanish...how will u do car papers without VIN. Can u do an ID card without passport photo or name ?

Or was it a renewal?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mainaugustine(m): 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
Corolla(from Taiwan)....before buying the car I was told it was 05 but on the seat belt it's showing 01....am I in trouble?
morax101:

That is a big problem, engine no can be overlooked but not VIN, what type of car is this?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2022
YeyeGbami:

They were forming posh partners. How can you put 2013 abi na 14 corrolla to be plying Lagos roads anyhow with dirt cheap fares.
When they saw Uber was just going to squeeze the juice out of those cars, nobody told them before they ported to Innoson.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
Muhammadson2020:
. As in those short trips @ ₦800, ₦1000 on inDriver is better than so many useless short trips on Bolt. 5 good shorts around Ikeja @ those curfew hours will fetch like 5k plus easily.

VERY true. Short trips on indriver makes more sense than short trips on Bolt.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2022
mainaugustine:
Corolla(from Taiwan)....before buying the car I was told it was 05 but on the seat belt it's showing 01....am I in trouble?
It depends on how pronounced the dents are, my car with dents passed inspections twice until the last one this December I had no options than to flash the affected areas.
My friend's car also passed, he was worried at first until I told him to go that it will pass since it's tokunbo which he did and it passed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mainaugustine(m): 9:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thanks...will go for inspection with the dents....fingers crossed
Gentlelife50:

It depends on how pronounced the dents are, my car with dents passed inspections twice until the last one this December I had no options than to flash the affected areas.
My friend's car also passed, he was worried at first until I told him to go that it will pass since it's tokunbo which he did and it passed.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
mainaugustine:
It's new...the guy said he is coming to check for the Vin himself cause me I didn't see it ..and another question the car has some dents(plenty small) at the front and at the back too ...a driver saw it and said bolt might reject it ..me I don't have money for that now...can I be using first and then later paint cause on roads I see plenty dents on cars been used for ehailing

Okay, he has to check it before registering it also make sure there isn't any mistake, while copying it out no matter how negligible it may seem.

As for the dents, When d car land just take it for inspection, they will tell u if it will pass or not before they collect money.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
eyinola:
police has never ask me abt curfew shaaa, it's just been normal stop and search even once they just peep into my car they let me go even with my tinted glasses

Sope ti eh. If people told you the shege police did for them on this 12-4am curfew. Baba. Let's just leave it at that.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:18pm On Apr 06, 2022
mainaugustine:

The vin can tell you what you need to know, don’t know about taiwan version tho.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:19pm On Apr 06, 2022
komodapson:

Damn!!! Seems you stepped out a lil' bit late, preferably next time, you set out around 5a.m by setting long destination on ur app - mind u this time seems unrealistic most times, considering the level of insecurity now or you tarry till 10:30a.m - 11p.m...(office secretaries, girl Fridays e.t.c move inter CBD's)...
Much respect, boss. I will adjust my movement next time. Na the fasting dey affect me, the time you will wake up in midnight to pray and chop, omoh, e no easy.
I just dey park now self.
Na only 1 bottle water I drank since morning. embarassed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:25am On Apr 07, 2022
pope191:

One of the reason I like Indriver and it is very important to check the map before going on any trip, have a great understanding with your rider if it's a one long way before exit. Those people don't pity for drivers when it's time for them to do the needful. Now to island is 2hrs, may end up adding addition 40mins to 1hr, if the price is not right, I'll rather be sleeping in my house. Money not made today, can be made tomorrow.

How do you do it with those riders that decides to complete their trip with either a bike or atop half way after the agreed price.

One olosho girl wanted to play smart on me one day like that... Picked her from VI to Ado road, Ajah.... When I was almost put of the Blanco traffic she said she wants to use bike that the traffic is too much. Fare was 3120 aunty say na 1500 she go pay me... I was even romancing her to pay 2k she say no... Gmap says 16min to destination with abiut 6km to go.

I thought of it... If I collect 2k or 1.5k self indriver has already collected N300+ as commission meaning I'm the one at lost here... Aunty no worry i go carry you reach your destination no worry road don free... I'm not in a hurry.

As if this girl knows what she wants to do she was arguing that she wants to come down... Traffic light clr i speed up... Got to Ajah under bridge me too change am for her that I'm tired can't go any further na so I turned into the side facing vgc... Oya aunty pay me make go... Remove your Okada money... She tried severely to do tf it didn't go through until she called her friend who then did tf for her as I confirm I gave Okada man 5h collect change 2h na so I zoom off.

Some of these riders are thieves

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 12:26am On Apr 07, 2022
Pearl1910:

Avensis wagon or hatchback?
Wagon of course, I don't think avensis comes in hatchback, i might be wrong though.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 5:17am On Apr 07, 2022
What type of car is it?
No VIN ke....?
E shock me oo....
Police avenueto make money.
Risky as car can't be traced without VIN....
The car is a John doe niyen, no identity.
Pls be careful. Of na engine number, its understandable, not VIN.
mainaugustine:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 6:47am On Apr 07, 2022
Good day everyone. I need a car for uber on weekly remittance. I can be reached on 08165650816. I stay in Surulere Lagos..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 8:21am On Apr 07, 2022
Morning comrades I greet everyone on this thread.

I want to add to discussion going on about civic.

So I have a friend in Abuja he has come to lagos 4 times which he always paid me for my time and effort in moving him around in searching for a good and clean civics 2006-08.

He has bought 4 currently and they're serving his buyers very well.

I asked him questions he told me that Abuja cars have been abused by mileage and some lagos cars has been abused by body but in all naija used cars is by luck and prayers cos him no dey carry mechanic na only me and him.

He said something also which keeps ringing on my head. He said majority of the uber corollas have been terribly abused to the extent that after they drive about 30km or 100km they need oil top up of 1liter. I'm in this category I won't lie cos after the 1 year of ringing the engine now sucks oil

Corolla engine is almost 380k now and gear is 220k thereabout. While I heard this civic engine is 150k and gear is like 75k. To cut the long story short.

Today completed 1 month 3 weeks and a day I bought a clean civic at the rate of 1.1m.

What I have changed on the car as listed belows

2 front tyres 12k
I did servicing yesterday engine oil and filter with mechanic 14500
I paid 1500 bolt inspection
Car wash 4500
I paid for insurance and roadworthiness 10500 which I passed immediately that day.

The car is going smoothly and fine by God grace.

The experience with the car so far compare to my corolla is largely different. Comands so much respects in aspect whereby many people commot eye of been uber driver plague.

Fuel economy is awesome not really different cos I buy 4500 for a full day work which means maybe corolla 4k and both will gross over 26k on app without surge.

I must say I love the balance on the highway cos I've travel to ibadan on the first day I got the car and also to akure without a single noise also changed the engine oil when the percentage on dashboard shows 30%.

Corolla is rugged and good cos it has served me but can I afford 380k engine? No I'd rather sell it off.

My own is that every car is good but maintainance and availability of parts make some car rater lower.

I love this civic though

He also told me never to buy European civics and some Canadian civic purely American spec.

I'm currently enjoying the value of my money.

Low grand wahala previous owner using 16rim with a bit raised level

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4581) (4582) (4583) (4584) (4585) (4586) (4587) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Jaysharp(m), efec(m), adamalalim(m), GeneralZodd(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.