Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4803508 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4653) (4654) (4655) (4656) (4657) (4658) (4659) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:48pm On Apr 30, 2022
ncnerio:

You buy new or feli?
New one, i bought it 7k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:49pm On Apr 30, 2022
bigtimemugu:
Good evening great minds,
Please oooo I don enter trouble like this and your insight might save me a great deal, I registered with Uber and uploaded a fake driver's license cos my license was still under processing, and my account was blocked, now I have collected the new license, uploaded it and it was approved but yet the account was not active, all am seeing is visit Uber support team, when I visited there office at Maryland they said I can't do Uber again, please is there way out of this, I don't know what to do ,the owner of the car insist it must be Uber ,
Please help me out
This one go tough ooo, unless u wan do am Felicity way.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kpengla(m): 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2022
bigtimemugu:
Please oooo I don enter trouble like this and your insight might save me a great deal, I registered with Uber and uploaded a fake driver's license cos my license was still under processing, and my account was blocked, now I have collected the new license, uploaded it and it was approved but yet the account was not active, all am seeing is visit Uber support team, when I visited there office at Maryland they said I can't do Uber again, please is there way out of this, I don't know what to do ,the owner of the car insist it must be Uber ,
Please help me out

They told you the truth bro, you can't do uber again unless you change all your basic details i.e. name, license no., bvn, etc.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 10:33pm On Apr 30, 2022
bigtimemugu:
Please help me out

This is the only reply meant for you.

I don't understand how someone would feel comfortable using this username.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2022
eyinola:
MTN na fraud, 6G weekly no dey last me 4 days just wats8, twitter, nairaland, Instagram cool las las na to buy unlimited modem

So Instagram is among the apps you called just?
That's a data guzzler if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2022
peeps4u:

Have you got your car fixed?
yes bro, a lit jas changed oooo grin so u hv to pay area boys now to connect apongbon bridge, chaiii those hoodlum block road

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:17am On May 01, 2022
Kpengla:

They told you the truth bro, you can't do uber again unless you change all your basic details i.e. name, license no., bvn, etc.

Uber that has facial recognition...if he likes let him go and be reborn in another country, as far as his face remains the same, he will be blocked again.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:19am On May 01, 2022
MrEnigma:
To see the number of rides you've completed, click on Acceptance rate, however, I'm not sure a driver can see his own ratings. Maybe you should use a rider app to book yourself then see it from there.

Okay, boss.
Appreciate you.
Much respect.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 3:07am On May 01, 2022
Conner44:

For those of you using Toyota vehicles please be aware that the current factory recommended transmission fluid for your ride is no longer the ATF T-IV, it is now the ATF WS fluid.

ATF T-IV = conventional (dextron 3, ATF-Z1 etc spec)
ATF WS = synthetic (dextron 6, ATF-DW1 etc spec)

Be informed

I don't understand, you mean ALL Toyota cars.
I thought the gear oil to be used is engraved on the gear dipstick. T-IV or WS as the case applies.

The new branded Toyota gear ( color change in container ) oil still comes in two different variety. T-IV and WS

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 7:18am On May 01, 2022
northbird:

I don't understand, you mean ALL Toyota cars.
I thought the gear oil to be used is engraved on the gear dipstick. T-IV or WS as the case applies.

The new branded Toyota gear ( color change in container ) oil still comes in two different variety. T-IV and WS

T-IV is older than WS, if you’re servicing a Toyota vehicle older than 03/04 then the T-IV is good for you but newer Toyota vehicles are recommended to use the WS fluid now. As other major vehicle manufacturers were refining their transmission fluids to be compatible with their newer vehicle gearbox systems Toyota didn’t slack hence the production of the WS fluid.

The WS shouldn’t be used by vehicles older than 03/04, those ones should use the T-IV/dextron 3 spec fluid and newer Toyota vehicles circa 2012 and above should not even touch the T- IV at all but the main issue is that in the market today most of these fluids on sale are complete fakes.

If you think it can’t be true then just go into the market to a shop that sells oils, request for their T-IV fluid (the one in the metal 4ltr can) and put it side by side to a fluid for another vehicle manufacturer (like maybe a Honda DW1 in the 4ltr metal can) and scrutinize their cans, covers and seals very well, you’d find out that the same company mass produced those containers, covers and seals.

It’s not possible for the same company to produce Honda and Toyota transmission fluids hence the reason why they are fakes. Since people have now realized Nigerians are waking up to using factory recommended oils for their vehicles (no more demand for abro or Holt) the unscrupulous ones among us have decided to start importing mass produced fakes to satisfy demand.

Even the WS have fakes now in the market, if you want to buy and point out the similarities in the packaging between different vehicle manufacturer fluids to the sellers they will bring out more varieties and start telling you “This one is Japan, this one is US, this one is Lexus, this one is Acura etc”. Honda and Toyota parts have the greatest amount of fakes in our markets today.

Only God and wisdom will help Nigerian vehicle owners this period I swear.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 7:27am On May 01, 2022
Good morning bosses. Please does anyone know if bolt will be open for inspection tomorrow public holiday?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 7:29am On May 01, 2022
ReadaDream:
Crazy world we live in... A guy saved your life and your way of showing appreciation is suing him? shocked

This brings me back to 2AM this morning when I had a drunk female rider. It was one hell of a ride, kept stopping at intervals for her to puke.... another Wahala at her estate gate, she's a visitor, the friend she was with was still out at another club but the house keys was with the drunk girl.

Estate security said the apartment she's going to, they know but won't allow her go until she calls her friend, how is a drunk girl going to do that?

I managed to talk to them, their supervisor came, luckily he recognized the girl (he saw her while she was leaving earlier). They allowed us go.

Got to the apartment, this girl can barely stand on her own. Before I did anything, i open my camera app to make videos. In the video I was asking her... Do you want me to help you? Is it fine if I touch you?. Can you walk on your own?

I made sure to get a positive response from her on record before I helped her. She had heels on, there's no way she's going to walk in those. Asked if I could take it off, she said yes.

There was no one insight to help, not even gateman. I can't even describe how i moved her out of the car, walked her through the lengthy compound of the apartment.

Her friend came just before I opened the door to her apartment, i handed her over to the friend and proceed to clean my car. She really made a mess of the backseat. lipsrsealed
Some of these women sha..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2022
pope191:
On Wednesday, after rounding up on the island, got a trip to Gbagada around 4 30pm. Sweet trip, light traffic. Got to Gbagada and saw another ride. Swiftly I picked it as it was towards Ikeja, rush down to PU. As I park to analyse the trip, rider was stepping out of the gate. I found out the trip was around Zenith bank Alausa, my eyes popped as my head rang grin 1600 for hour plus trip around 5 sometin and I'm yet to get to MBA which may get all choked before I got there. Initially I tot what I saw when the request beeped was GRA not knowing it was Alausa. How to tell rider I can't go as she open the door becomes an issue. Gently slide gear stick to D while I try to ignite the car, but the car won't come up. Case closed

The woman head was strong as I saw strain that night. Stayed put at Gbagada monitoring traffic situation. Only to saw on dangling trip for almost 40 mins to air Base around PWd for 2k. I check the map and saw 18 mins, gave her 2600, she accept. In my mind wow grin call rider and she goes sorry, I didn't know I accept it, please cancel it I only have 2k or will you pick me like that. I'm like sorry... how about Indriver commission, I am at the receiving end here. She goes with that soft voice as if she already knew Pope weakness grin but I try to pull the hard one and ask her to make it 2200. Beside 2000 is not bad for 18 minutes trip, which she agreed adding 200. The heavy rain caught me as I was about connecting to the express. Gosh! I had a low thinking rider that was on the phone talking about how broke she was and bored, so she went to her friends place to blow some smoke. The rain was something else, I couldn't see clearly, pisses and filled with regrets. Got to her place, she didn't have any money on her and was trying to strike conversation. I just wasn't having any of that as I am mindful of where I with the darkness that came with that night. Finally, she ask me to give her few minutes, went inside, only to return with 2k with plead, maybe if I can leave my account, she will send the balance cheesy in my mind, is this girl ok like this? I don't even know what to do, because right inside my mind I was already thinking, what if she didn't return, how do I locate her flat grin took the 2k and start another journey of finding my way home
lol....I enjoyed this story, bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:23am On May 01, 2022
Lush100:
Eraser for wetin?
Because I asked simple request.
Abeg make u return am.
I don drop my request.
I no want again.

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 9:45am On May 01, 2022
Pearl1910:

Uber that has facial recognition...if he likes let him go and be reborn in another country, as far as his face remains the same, he will be blocked again.

He can give himself tribal marks na grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RaptObserver: 10:33am On May 01, 2022
Hi guys. I need a car for bolt or Uber based on delivery or HP. Am in Abuja. Please o!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 11:50am On May 01, 2022
samobaba4u:
Senior men and engineers in the house, make una come to my aid ó. My car is still moving when I put it on park. Na hand brake I dey take hold am like this. Please what could be the problem? Thanks

Watch this video

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLGG6oUy/
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 01, 2022
Good morning my people. Pls I am still looking for a car. 08135449501
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 01, 2022
Me: I click arrived, call rider to inform him/her I’m at the gate.

Rider: I’m coming out now.

3mins later

Rider: please I’m coming.

5mins later about to enter paid waiting:

Rider: Sorry I’m coming out now.

Then immediately I vex cancel, the rider starts calling nonstop till I block their number.

@felicity0001, as a registered hoodlum member biko what would you do in such situation? I personally hate time wasting.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 1:47pm On May 01, 2022
donbrowser:

Watch this video

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLGG6oUy/
Thanks Sir but it's not hand brake wahala

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2022
Conner44:

The parking pin itself is relatively cheap, I’d say cheaper than any other sensor or mechanical item found in your gearbox. It sits in between the gears themselves so forget about repairing it by yourself.

The main koko is paying the workmanship fee for bringing the gearbox down, opening it up and replacing the pin itself before reinstalling everything back, not forgetting your transmission fluid which should be replaced too.

See, in the future try to be using your handbrake whenever you park your car and shut the engine off while putting it on Parking gear even if you’re in a filling station and refueling. Transmission park pins are not too sturdy and can actually break (like yours must have done) when someone or something applies little force against your vehicle either forwards or backwards while it’s in Park.

In the meantime keep using your handbrake while you save up for the fix. This predicament will teach you the valuable use of that your handbrake lever by fire by force and the longer you wait before the fix the better the habit of using your handbrake will be instilled in your psyche.

You will be a better, wiser and safer driver for it grin
Thanks for this undiluted lesson. Hope using it like that to save up won't have effect on the gear
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 4:32pm On May 01, 2022
samobaba4u:

Thanks for this undiluted lesson. Hope using it like that to save up won't have effect on the gear

No it won’t affect your gearbox.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:31pm On May 01, 2022
pope191:

No worry, one day you will be thinking what did I do? Where did I go wrong? That's how far Bolt fingers their drivers head. On Indriver, you can easily spot the rider that gave you a star.

And what can the driver do about that? Go back to where you dropped them and beat them up?

Indriver to me would have been the best app to work with had they up their price to compete with others.

How on earth would an app allow rider to offer 2500 from Ajah to Alakuko? How Yes it's on to the driver to accept or reject but is it supposed to be allowed.

I dont blame them shall, rather I blame the government-Nigeria who allow them operate in their air space without any form of licence whatsoever. If they re asked to pay 20m for operation license no one will tell them to up their prices so that they can increase revenue for themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Aganju849: 6:44pm On May 01, 2022
Felicity0001:

And what can the driver do about that? Go back to where you dropped them and beat them up?

Indriver to me would have been the best app to work with had they up their price to compete with others.

How on earth would an app allow rider to offer 2500 from Ajah to Alakuko? How Yes it's on to the driver to accept or reject but is it supposed to be allowed.

I dont blame them shall, rather I blame the government-Nigeria who allow them operate in their air space without any form of licence whatsoever. If they re asked to pay 20m for operation license no one will tell them to up their prices so that they can increase revenue for themselves

Blame the desperate rental guys bro. They are the ones picking the low fares and driving the prices down further. Rental guys can take such hopeless fares because the don't do maintenance, in fact they love using the car to carry fücked-up loads (shebi Lugard dey find 30k per week, na the car go suffer am grin

ICM to 1004 is now 2,200, it was 3,200 in December. And you go still pay N200 parking inside your 2,200

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:47pm On May 01, 2022
Conner44:

T-IV is older than WS, if you’re servicing a Toyota vehicle older than 03/04 then the T-IV is good for you but newer Toyota vehicles are recommended to use the WS fluid now. As other major vehicle manufacturers were refining their transmission fluids to be compatible with their newer vehicle gearbox systems Toyota didn’t slack hence the production of the WS fluid.

The WS shouldn’t be used by vehicles older than 03/04, those ones should use the T-IV/dextron 3 spec fluid and newer Toyota vehicles circa 2012 and above should not even touch the T- IV at all but the main issue is that in the market today most of these fluids on sale are complete fakes.

If you think it can’t be true then just go into the market to a shop that sells oils, request for their T-IV fluid (the one in the metal 4ltr can) and put it side by side to a fluid for another vehicle manufacturer (like maybe a Honda DW1 in the 4ltr metal can) and scrutinize their cans, covers and seals very well, you’d find out that the same company mass produced those containers, covers and seals.

It’s not possible for the same company to produce Honda and Toyota transmission fluids hence the reason why they are fakes. Since people have now realized Nigerians are waking up to using factory recommended oils for their vehicles (no more demand for abro or Holt) the unscrupulous ones among us have decided to start importing mass produced fakes to satisfy demand.

Even the WS have fakes now in the market, if you want to buy and point out the similarities in the packaging between different vehicle manufacturer fluids to the sellers they will bring out more varieties and start telling you “This one is Japan, this one is US, this one is Lexus, this one is Acura etc”. Honda and Toyota parts have the greatest amount of fakes in our markets today.

Only God and wisdom will help Nigerian vehicle owners this period I swear.

Every car has its recommended oil (both engine and transmission) at the time of manufacture. Check what is recommended for a car, search for the original one and use it, no guesses, no assumptions and no premeditations.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 7:51pm On May 01, 2022
Pearl1910:

Every car has its recommended oil (both engine and transmission) at the time of manufacture. Check what is recommended for a car, search for the original one and use it, no guesses, no assumptions and no premeditations.

Honda recommended ATF-Z1 for most vehicles at their time of manufacture but now they have revised their literature to specify ATF-DW1.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kpengla(m): 7:54pm On May 01, 2022
Pearl1910:

Which one be premeditations again? You just dey blow grammar, did you see where he talked about the problem of fakes?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:13pm On May 01, 2022
Kpengla:

Which one be premeditations again? You just dey blow grammar, did you see where he talked about the problem of fakes?

Everybody here knows the guy likes to argue grin but we go dey manage am like that.

Even Honda specified 5w30 for most of their vehicle engines produced during 2003-2010 at their time of manufacture but later revised it to 5w20 as early as 2011 self.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:01pm On May 01, 2022
Kpengla:

Having ur own plan or deciding what oil to use because of ur perceived modernity of the car is a wrong approach.
Secondly, that most T-IV in d market is fake doesn't mean u should go and buy WS even if it's d original one and put in ur car that requires T-IV.
Hope the big grammar has been simplified.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:06pm On May 01, 2022
Conner44:

Everybody here knows the guy likes to argue grin but we go dey manage am like that.

Even Honda specified 5w30 for most of their vehicle engines produced during 2003-2010 at their time of manufacture but later revised it to 5w20 as early as 2011 self.

If someone corrects a false notion don't call it argument.
If I say something that's wrong unknowingly and u set the records straight I will be glad to learn and not say u r arguing.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:10pm On May 01, 2022
Pearl1910:

If I say something that's wrong unknowingly and u set the records straight I will be glad to learn and not say u r arguing.

So have you learnt anything from my posts concerning fluids?

Or are you still bent on correcting a false notion you claim I allegedly put out here?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:11pm On May 01, 2022
Pearl1910:

If I say something that's wrong unknowingly and u set the records straight I will[b] be glad to learn and not say u r arguing[/b].

Like you learned the theory of Paid waiting even when it happened to you (As a rider)?

Oga Pearl. Make we just dey as we dey.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4653) (4654) (4655) (4656) (4657) (4658) (4659) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: ayoomo9(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.