Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4804286 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4759) (4760) (4761) (4762) (4763) (4764) (4765) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:48am On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:
thanks boss. Got to airport exactly 9am. I pleaded with the guy to add 1k because we agreed 6k. He said never that someone was even begging him for 5500 but his car disappointed him. I just weak, I couldn't protest further because I felt he's not a reasonable OG.

Meanwhile I don carry all the money give security wey arrest my car for Airport staff quarters road.

Ha!!! Wft!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olamilarks(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2022
Good morning everyone! Pls I'm looking for rental car on bolt. o9o82 711 o43. Location is somolu!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2022
GiggsTk:

Thanks, I got one that seems to be a good bargain price-wise, so I was planning to buy it and give it out to someone to drive, but I needed to be sure since I have never been in this business before, reason for coming here to ask.

So even though it comes cheap, it's still better to get the other ones mentioned sir?

How much is it selling for? And what's the condition of the car? How long has it been used? Toks or naija?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2022
Felicity001:

Ha!!! Wft!
I don't even have any morale to continue working.

I was perceiving a burning smell when we got to the Airport tollgate, I turned off the AC and rolled down the glass, managed it to MM2.

Immediately after drop off, I went to Airport staff quarters to check the cause of the smell. The moment opened the bonnet to check, securities from the Staff quarters appeared from nowhere with clamps. Argh!

Those guys didn't listen to any explanation, they drove the car inside their premises. That's when we began to bargain. From 20k they billed me, I went to 3k. Las las they took 5k before releasing the car.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GiggsTk(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Felicity001:

How much is it selling for? And what's the condition of the car? How long has it been used? Toks or naija?
Nigerian used...900k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GiggsTk(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2022
GiggsTk:

Nigerian used...900k.
Still clean in and out....bought brand new in Nigeria
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2022
Glithronix:

You forgot to add LAKPALAKPA to it as you used to. grin
I no go ever forget this title you created for Corolla.
And Corolla is a beauty mehn, I mean 2009 upwards.
But I still prefer Camry over Corolla anytime, any day, any weather.
Much respect, boss.

Base on say most of my menh dey use am so I say make I pity am smallgrin but the fact remains the car na lapka lapka motorgringrin

I dey my house make him come beat me

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:28am On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:

I was perceiving a burning smell when we got to the Airport tollgate, I turned off the AC and rolled down the glass, managed it to MM2.

Immediately after drop off, I went to Airport staff quarters to check the cause of the smell. The moment opened the bonnet to check, securities from the Staff quarters appeared from nowhere with clamps. Argh!

Those guys didn't listen to any explanation, they drove the car inside their premises. That's when we began to bargain. From 20k they billed me, I went to 3k. Las las they took 5k before releasing the car.

Damn!! Inside this fuel scarcity??!! That your rider must be a bad luck oloshi rider.

You would have simply drive into the car park na, it's just N600 (now) that would've been far better and you would've got a trip out with rider paying self when you're done.

Haven't you read it here b4? Don't park anywhere around the airport premises?

It is well shall!

So what was the burning smell you perceived, were you able to figure it out.

Be safe bro

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2022
[quote author=GiggsTk post=114008590][/quote]

Present millage?
Has car over heat b4?
Is the fan still direct or thermostat bypassed
Any sign of smoking or oil shortage, you will know this through the exhaust pipe
Have you test drive to know how the gear performs?
Is catalyst still intact?

These are things you need to check when buying a used car

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:
thanks boss. Got to airport exactly 9am. I pleaded with the guy to add 1k because we agreed 6k. He said never that someone was even begging him for 5500 but his car disappointed him. I just weak, I couldn't protest further because I felt he's not a reasonable OG.

Meanwhile I don carry all the money give security wey arrest my car for Airport staff quarters road.

Sorry bro, some people stingy af.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2022
NNPC opposite Chrisland college Idimu RD dey sell fuel. Like 20 cars sha.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 11:22am On Jun 21, 2022
Bova ojodu berger is selling. They selling for kegs.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GiggsTk(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2022
Felicity001:

Present millage?
Has car over heat b4?
Is the fan still direct or thermostat bypassed
Any sign of smoking or oil shortage, you will know this through the exhaust pipe
Have you test drive to know how the gear performs?
Is catalyst still intact?

These are things you need to check when buying a used car

Thanks very much, I haven't actually done a thorough inspection. I was just hoping to get opinions on the car make and model first before progressing with it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 11:29am On Jun 21, 2022
Felicity001:

Damn!! Inside this fuel scarcity??!! That your rider must be a bad luck oloshi rider.

You would have simply drive into the car park na, it's just N600 (now) that would've been far better and you would've got a trip out with rider paying self when you're done.

Haven't you read it here b4? Don't park anywhere around the airport premises?

It is well shall!

So what was the burning smell you perceived, were you able to figure it out.

Be safe bro
I parked at that exact spot two weeks ago to take a leak, there was no issues. That was what gave me the confidence to go there.

I don't wait for ride at the local airport at 9am, it's waste of precious time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:
I parked at that exact spot two weeks ago to take a leak, there was no issues. That was what gave me the confidence to go there.

I don't wait for ride at the local airport at 9am, it's waste of precious time.

All is well. Good days are coming in plenty! We move.

Abeg how do I reach out to TobiSunday like this? His line has been barred and WhatsApp too no deliver. @ tobisunday pls reach out to me o abegi

Zero 7 zero 2 six 7 nine 3 four 8 six
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Chai...since 4.50am?! shocked
this Is worse than terrible. When u tot u will reach ur destination in about an hour. 2hours between Ajah and VGC is crazily mad. Fuel scarcity and unmanaged queue for fuel has worsened an already bad situation.
Sorry cannot even scratch the surface of your anger now, but all I have to say is sorry man.

I wish it was Pope in this situation.
Boss, you self like trouble. grin cheesy
It is well oh. grin
Much respect, boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
Felicity001:

Base on say most of my menh dey use am so I say make I pity am smallgrin but the fact remains the car na lapka lapka motorgringrin

I dey my house make him come beat me
grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bradpitt4040: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
Yeah bro how do we manage this shiznit of no feul or expensive feul??shey this app companies go compensate cause my bolt app is temporarily blocked na indriver I dey use...is it worth it going to queue..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:

Sorry boss... airport wahala

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
pope191:

Sorry boss... airport wahala
Thanks boss. E no easy

Those guys will rather have ones car burn than allow for a few minutes to inspect.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
bradpitt4040:
Yeah bro how do we manage this shiznit of no feul or expensive feul??shey this app companies go compensate cause my bolt app is temporarily blocked na indriver I dey use...is it worth it going to queue..
I am also stuck with Indriver only. If you must take a long trip this period bargain for a better fare. I didn't calculate my movement very well this morning if not I would not have been caught in that mess of a trip. 4hrs ontop 6k.

If I had opened google map at Abraham adesanya traffic light, I'd have used Ogombo. It was when I got to the middle of Ajah bridge and everywhere block that I checked map. Omo I shock.

The scope like this is to do short trips within, 1500 1800 2000 etc. Before you realize it, you've made something reasonable.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:

Are u for real?!...after all that stress and wasting of fuel and time, u come allow person collect the money for ur hand?
Wetin happen??

Modified:
Sorry man, if u enter that estate, make sure u park in front of someone's house, not on the road.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:
I am also stuck with Indriver only. If you must take a long trip this period bargain for a better fare. I didn't calculate my movement very well this morning if not I would not have been caught in that mess of a trip. 4hrs ontop 6k.

If I had opened google map at Abraham adesanya traffic light, I'd have used Ogombo. It was when I got to the middle of Ajah bridge and everywhere block that I checked map. Omo I shock.

The scope like this is to do short trips within, 1500 1800 2000 etc. Before you realize it, you've made something reasonable.

So you follow those who took Pope's advice of no need of using Gmap?

The day I made up my mind to always stick with Gmap was when I was caught in 7up/tollgate bus stop traffic around 1am... Who would have thought of meeting traffic at that time? I finally had to use Kudirat Abiola way to drop my rider at Berger bus stop b4 heading home.

You can succeed driving in Lagos without the help of Gmap.

I can't count the Nos of rider I've sent outta of my car for declining the use of Gmap, I just pull over in a safe place then ask them to step out.

Some riders know they'll be bored when they get to where they're going so they want to waste some precious time enjoying the comfort in the car untop small money

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Felicity001:

So you follow those who took Pope's advice of no need of using Gmap?

The day I made up my mind to always stick with Gmap was when I was caught in 7up/tollgate bus stop traffic around 1am... Who would have thought of meeting traffic at that time? I finally had to use Kudirat Abiola way to drop my rider at Berger bus stop b4 heading home.

You can succeed driving in Lagos without the help of Gmap.

I can't count the Nos of rider I've sent outta of my car for declining the use of Gmap, I just pull over in a safe place then ask them to step out.

Some riders know they'll be bored when they get to where they're going so they want to waste some precious time enjoying the comfort in the car untop small money
Boss. I use map 90% of the time but 450am. Sangotedo to Airport, haba. It's a straight road down.

Most times I only load map when approaching Ikate to make my decision on which route to use (Ozumba or Ikoyi?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:
Boss. I use map 90% of the time but 450am. Sangotedo to Airport, haba. It's a straight road down.

Most times I only load map when approaching Ikate to make my decision on which route to use (Ozumba or Ikoyi?

Every rider b4 they require they always check the map so that man knows of the traffic reason why he left early afterall his flight was for 11am
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Felicity001:

Every rider b4 they require they always check the map so that man knows of the traffic reason why he left early afterall his flight was for 11am
Na me loose guard Sha.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
*Urgent Request*

A client Needs a Hilux Van for Daily rental in Delta State.
4weeks deal
Accommodation and Feeding for the driver.

DM if you have any deal
0 8o 3 5 one tree 28 7. Six
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:
Na me loose guard Sha.

We learn everyday so don't regret it,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nifemi2020(m): 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good evening guys. Abeg no forget me oo, I need a car for rental. I reside around Shomolu/Bariga axis. God bless you

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
ReadaDream:

Boss I feel like crying reading this. All these extortionists no fit make heaven and na generational curses them they gather for their unborn children.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
Toks standard nothing to fix.
Buy and travel to Ghana and come back if you use more than 20ltr make I na.ked bath
Asking price: 1.7m

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Are u for real?!...after all that stress and wasting of fuel and time, u come allow person collect the money for ur hand?
Wetin happen??

Modified:
Sorry man, if u enter that estate, make sure u park in front of someone's house, not on the road.

Solo! Solo!! How e dey go?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4759) (4760) (4761) (4762) (4763) (4764) (4765) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dckng16(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.