Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4941) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4750398 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4938) (4939) (4940) (4941) (4942) (4943) (4944) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2022
CheerfulGiver:
Just look at this foolishness.

Behind the scene people are already talking about you keep making a fool of yourself stupid self, you can only decieve some people some times but you can't decieve all the people all the time. Know that.

Keep posting ridiculous dashboard as if you're the only driver in this job after all your worthless life is dependent on it.

Do you have a life? No!
Can you think outside the box for something counter productive? No!
What other thing can you do in life other than drive oloshos from one hotel location to another? Nothing!

Infact let me even help you to add up to your income, since you know all the hotels in Lagos, Nigeria. Go to them and talk to the managers so each olosho you bring to the hotel you get a 5% commission. Excellent idea right? At least I've helped you with one thing in life, don't pay me I'm okay with what God has blessed me with so use that one and manage your sorry ass.

For the now let me keep reading to catch up with the thread while I read to see where you will respond with your senseless posts to me....1diot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2022
Well, my first question is what year is the Mazda? If it's 03 above then I can then ask if you know any family member you can manage with or if you know Lagos small? Since popman gave you the car and you car answer my questions above then Lagos may be your best bet as against driving that car in ibadan where you may get next to nothing. I have more than 3 guys that actually collected cars in ibadan and had to relocate to Lagos and their hustle dey pay wella here even though it's not all bed of roses sha. So Bolt may be your first plug search Google for their office to go and register and then you can download Indriver to back it up. I believe if the car enter Bolt you go dey alright and learn on the job.

DOVgadgets:
Good day to the bosses on this forum
I happen to come across this page at a time when things ain’t going smoothly in my life at the moment
Luckily my dad gave him his Mazda 626 to try and start a taxi business but I would prefer the Uber way
I’m a fresh out graduate, jobs are not forthcoming and I need to put food on my table
The car documents are intact and I have a valid driving license
Please what are the requirements?
Which one is better(Uber, bolt or indriver)
I’m not sure I got the last one correctly but I heard someone talk about it
Please advise me on what to do
My location is Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DOVgadgets: 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2022
vicolame:
Well, my first question is what year is the Mazda? If it's 03 above then I can then ask if you know any family member you can manage with or if you know Lagos small? Since popman gave you the car and you car answer my questions above then Lagos may be your best bet as against driving that car in ibadan where you may get next to nothing. I have more than 3 guys that actually collected cars in ibadan and had to relocate to Lagos and their hustle dey pay wella here even though it's not all bed of roses sha. So Bolt may be your first plug search Google for their office to go and register and then you can download Indriver to back it up. I believe if the car enter Bolt you go dey alright and learn on the job.

I think it’s a 2000 model
I will attach a picture now
It’s late now
I will take another picture in the morning sir

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DOVgadgets: 7:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
vicolame:

I do have a place I can stay in Lagos
Alakuko precisely
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
Glithronix:

Bolt and InDriver are your best bet, but start with bolt.
Since all your papers and driver's license are intact and up-to-date, go and register on bolt.
Download the app, then follow the procedures.
You can search on YouTube on how to register on bolt as a driver, though all you need is here if you can read old pages but I can't refer you directly to the pages. So, just go on YouTube, then follow the process of registering.
InDriver is easy to register on cos you won't need to take your car for any physical inspection, unlike bolt that will require you bring your car for inspection and your car must meet up to standard physically.
But to use inDriver, you need experience on bolt. So, start with bolt first.
However, there are some drivers who started off with inDriver without even using bolt or Uber, but bolt should be your starting point, you can then merge inDriver together once you've understood how those apps operate.

Required docs to register on bolt;
1) Driver's license
2) Car papers (all necessary docs).
3) LASDRI (not needed since you're not in Lagos).
4) LASRRA (I used this to register mine) - don't think you need this since you ain't a lagosian.
Ibadan drivers should give this brother accurate information, abeg.
Much respect, boss.

I don't think this hustle is as juicy in Ibadan as Lagos. What do I know sa

Modified: see, I didn't even know someone has quoted you on the Ibadan thing.

I think even if you don't have a place to stay in Lagos, you can work on alternate days since its your car, you're not paying rentals or HP. Just work on Monday, rest on Tuesday, work on Wednesday black bla bla....

Then very early in the morning you leave IB latest 6am and pick people on the way or you go to a park and pay the union guys to let you load. That will cover your fuel money. Once you enter Lagos, rest small in a fuel station or in front of an eatery, put on your app and fire on. Once it's 6pm or 7pm, you head back to IB (you can decide to load one or two person(s) or not) till the day after the next.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
DOVgadgets:

It’s late now

Well, I think bolt may not accept that car f it's 2000 model but I'm not sure. They start with 2003 models although when you get there maybe you can rub some palms and register it as a 2003 model, I don't know if that will work.

Indriver may be your best bet but you'll have to learn a lot. Also, Lagos is your sure option, Ibadan no too get ehailing vibes like that.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DOVgadgets: 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Well, I think bolt may not accept that car f it's 2000 model but I'm not sure. They start with 2003 models although when you get there maybe you can rub some palms and register it as a 2003 model, I don't know if that will work.

Indriver may be your best bet but you'll have to learn a lot. Also, Lagos is your sure option, Ibadan no too get ehailing vibes like that.
I’m taking notes boss
Moving back to Lagos is no issue
Na money I dy find before and about registering with bolt
How can I locate their office in Lagos

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DOVgadgets: 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

I think even if you don't have a place to stay in Lagos, you can work on alternate days since its your car, you're not paying rentals or HP. Just work on Monday, rest on Tuesday, work on Wednesday black bla bla....

Then very early in the morning you leave IB latest 6am and pick people on the way or you go to a park and pay the union guys to let you load. That will cover your fuel money. Once you enter Lagos, rest small in a fuel station or in front of an eatery, put on your app and fire on. Once it's 6pm or 7pm, you head back to IB (you can decide to load one or two person(s) or not) till the day after the next.

Thank me later.
I’ve never thought of it in this direction
It makes more sense now
But I will prefer going back to Lagos instead of returning to ib every two nights
The roads ain’t safe and I’m not a very good driver at night

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DOVgadgets: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2022
I just came across this on their portal
The car is question has some minor scratches and dents
The ac works and the other things are intact
Will that be a problem
Abeg make una epp una boy
I no wan beg for food

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
I paid to bolt for over 5hrs now and it hasn't reflected in my balance, will they be able to rectify this?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
Olayetan:
I paid to bolt for over 5hrs now and it hasn't reflected in my balance, will they be able to rectify this?
You need to escalate else the money go loss. Remember the account expires after 24hrs.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
DOVgadgets:
Will that be a problem
I no wan beg for food
Before you spend money fixing that car, there’s a high possibility that the vehicle will be rejected by bolt and Uber because of the year(2000). But notwithstanding, bolt’s inspection is now extremely thorough. They rejected my guys Corolla because of a very tiny barely visible crack on his windshield. Another one because the “L” in CorolLa was missing. Any little dent, them go ask you to go work on it.

PS: Forget about the online propaganda. Bolt remains the king of e-hailing. Driving without an active bolt account na suffer head. Uber is literally dead, Indriver na survival of the fastest.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
DOVgadgets:
Will that be a problem
I no wan beg for food

I'm conversant with the one at obanikoro and oregun. If your car has some scratches, there are some guys that can help you spray it a little but you'd pay them.
Just learn to grease palms once they're saying something else. If it's something not so obvious, they will accept it in.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2022
My advice is for you to check on how much you can sell that car, then ask popman for permission and if you're a good boy to him and he gives you the go ahead then consider selling the car after considering if you can get extra cash either loan or lend to balance and get another Nigerian used car. Bolt inspection points are very thorough this days and they will certainly reject the car cos of the year and I don't think Uber too will accept it as well only Indrive will accept that car and you will be frustrated as a beginner to start with Indrive alone, e get why... lol

DOVgadgets:

It’s late now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
I dey hail o!
Please I am still in need of a Nigerian used Toyota car that is going for sale and the owner is willing to do HP, As cars are too expensive now what I have that will normally get me a good Nigerian used car no near am again so I am willing to pay a token for any link up to any Nigerian used HP, I have tangible deposit ready. Abeg make unna link me up to anyone that can partner with a car or to add to what I have to get a car and we can work out the maths. Preferably any good Toyota RAV4 04/05, Camry bigdaddy or Muscle, Corolla and Matrix.
Kindly chat me on 08063394912.
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by morax101(m): 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
DOVgadgets:

I’m taking notes boss

Uber will accept the car but bolt won’t accept this unless if you can change the docs to 2003 on the paper (dunno if that’s possible).

If it’s possible to change the doc to 2003, download bolt driver app and register and make sure you choose Lagos when registering then go to the front of this popular mall ( I guess Ventura )in Ibadan for your inspection. The guys there are not as crazy as the guys here in Lagos.

Download Uber driver app as well, choose Lagos when registering, you can do your inspection here in Lagos when you get in (I dunno Uber inspection center in Ibadan).

Once you master those app, you can then port to inDriver. InDriver is a bit technical for new driver.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by morax101(m): 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2022
DOVgadgets:
Will that be a problem
I no wan beg for food

You need to fix the dents and touch up all the scratches. The car won’t pass inspection here in Lagos but if it’s not that much, it will pass in Ibadan but be very sure it’s possible to modify the docs otherwise you’re just wasting your time with bolt.

Uber will accept the car since it’s 2000 model.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
Viking07:
Before you spend money fixing that car, there’s a high possibility that the vehicle will be rejected by bolt and Uber because of the year(2000). But notwithstanding, bolt’s inspection is now extremely thorough. They rejected my guys Corolla because of a very tiny barely visible crack on his windshield. Another one because the “L” in CorolLa was missing. Any little dent, them go ask you to go work on it.

PS: Forget about the online propaganda. Bolt remains the king of e-hailing. Driving without an active bolt account na suffer head. Uber is literally dead, Indriver na survival of the fastest.

The "L" thingy funny gan o! But it's not supposed to be so na. He could have just done the needful.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Corto: 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
DOVgadgets:

I’m taking notes boss

Lastman and Local go chop this one tire

Make sure you enter Lagos with your igbadi, as Ibadan boy wey you be grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ca3ssper: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
Corto:

Lastman and Local go chop this one tire

Make sure you enter Lagos with your igbadi, as Ibadan boy wey you be grin
I go follow soldier enter brt lane today, remain small make those guys hold me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 12:20am On Sep 01, 2022
Ca3ssper:
I go follow soldier enter brt lane today, remain small make those guys hold me
U just escaped 70k fine.
Make una dey avoid all these temptations!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 12:40am On Sep 01, 2022
DOVgadgets:

It’s late now

Boss. Your Popman didn't make any mistake when he asked you to use the car for TAXI as that's what it can do for now.
Your only chance is to convince him to agree to sell it. Which won't raise enough money to get a sound car for Uber/Bolt tho. Let no one deceive you about greasing palms, that car won't be looked at twice at any inspection center before they reject it.

Don't waste money fixing the scratches or damage.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 2:05am On Sep 01, 2022
CAR PARTICULARS
DEALER PLATE NUMBERS
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
CUSTOM NUMBER PLATES
DRIVER'S LICENCE
CALL/WHATSAPP: 08033539981 or 08182880902
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:42am On Sep 01, 2022
DOVgadgets:
I happen to come across this page at a time when things ain’t going smoothly in my life at the moment
Luckily my dad gave him his Mazda 626 to try and start a taxi business but I would prefer the Uber way
I’m a fresh out graduate, jobs are not forthcoming and I need to put food on my table
My location is Ibadan

a. How long have you been in the job market, b. how fresh are you? This year, last year.
c Which sites do you use in applying? Which state do you target for job search, Ibadan is low on supply.

The cost of cars ideal for Uber is so high nowadays, the returns vis a vis the initial capital outlay from a long term perspective is not good.
You can still make something with your 626 in Ibadan (by thinking out of the box) without doing the conventional taxi.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 5:21am On Sep 01, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Thank me later.
I am not the Ibadan man wey want join e-hailing. grin grin
I'm thanking you now. cheesy
Much respect, baba. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:29am On Sep 01, 2022
mejai:
so what did the police say?

They are lucky they didn't meet felicity0001 in his time. They would have chosen between police and spanner grin

Na koboko I won buy now, I'll be going for my bolt inspection today. School go resume next week.

Welcome to SEPTEMBER guys.

May this month of September be good to everyone of us!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:40am On Sep 01, 2022
whatisthetruth:

Men dude, how did you know what I was thinking?

All the while I was asking myself, "What would Felicity do?"

Me sha, I don't need spanner, I have my pepper spray, knife and all (stun gun coming soon), but as I said, that is a bit of overkill for a situation like this and I didn't want to turn a simple problem into a bigger one.

The police told them to find another ride, I mean simple! They asked me if I'm collecting money from them, I said no! Then they said I have tried, by taking them from Ikoyi to Lekki phase 1 for free.

They now came down and started laughing calling me "Professor". Imagine forming traumatized during all their lying, to now come down and just burst into laughter.

At that point, even a lay man could tell that they were lying. It's just shocking that a passenger can make up fake stories out of the blue about a driver. Seeing it happen to me first hand ehn, chai. Especially when she said she knocked her head on the driver seat. I must get that dash camera!!!!!!!

You knock your head but you still don't want to leave car? The stupidity in the lie sha

Next time don't drive them away from the position, but make sure you are parked in a place where people would see you guys... Open your door, pick all valuable items you've on your car then step outside if your car and create a scene.

Don't ever ask a rider that is rude to leave with your money never!

Collect your money full.
They knew they won't pay if you drove them to a police point even if you'd wanted to collect money.

I will shock you, those police guys would've collected one or two of their contact immidately you left. Oven lightning the next day.

Don't use pepper spray on anyone who hasn't attack you first oooh... In this kind of situation your best bet is to create a scene or play the fool and get your money. Those low life don't worth leaving a dime for.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:05am On Sep 01, 2022
These Indriver riders sef! They will put price next thing dey don cancel. After, they will put their order back and reduce price. Nonsense riders!! After, the app will claim they are from silicone valley. Oluwale rock brothers.

Gentlelife50, I sight u. How is Bazoo1 our friend?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:10am On Sep 01, 2022
DOVgadgets:
My location is Ibadan
My own is if you insist you want to do it the Uber way and you have where to stay in Lagos go ahead and try it on indriver.
Don't sell it unless you can add money to buy a car that can fly on bolt, if you have the means.
That would also require a lot of resources
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Thank me later.
Coming to Lagos from Ibadan every day won't work, is not as easy as you think oo

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2022
The poster above me is on drugs

(1) (2) (3) ... (4938) (4939) (4940) (4941) (4942) (4943) (4944) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Realtol(m), YeyeGbami and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.