Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5077) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735344 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5074) (5075) (5076) (5077) (5078) (5079) (5080) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
deedee44:

Congratulations sir. Many more to follow

Many? grin

Congrats ReadaDream

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saysugar(m): 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2022
Any motor dealer here? Suzuki sx4 suv mini needed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2022
Pls ,my fellow drivers ,the flyover at jibowu where we descend to enter shiro street to connect yabatech,is it illegal ,lastma hold me and seized my car despite my begging,I have been using the route now for over one year,I'm surprised to be apprehended today.theybdtove my car to their yard.The lady I carried sef dey surprised.na wa

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
My wife birthed our son this morning. Got married Nov 26, baby came today Dec 6.
I bless God.

Anywhere una see me like this, make una dash me money grin cry (owo ti ku waso, money don remain #50 for account grin )

Congratulations Baba ikoko...Gods provision and protection on your family ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
dharmie13:
Please anyone with scanner around agege abule egba....I need to check my car

If you are close to beckley estate....but the scanner na all those small ones o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
easytig:
Pls ,my fellow drivers ,the flyover at jibowu where we descend to enter shiro street to connect yabatech,is it illegal ,lastma hold me and seized my car despite my begging,I have been using the route now for over one year,I'm surprised to be apprehended today.theybdtove my car to their yard.The lady I carried sef dey surprised.na wa

Them just turn that place to cash out...I wonder who created the climbing ramp if it was meant to be illegal...can they just destroy the climbing ramp....I think it's high time we start taking some issues as group to Lagos state social mediums..imagine every member of this group commenting on their page on a particular area....one will surely get their attention.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2022
easytig:

We are living in a stupid country. I have been using that place for over 2 years to connect yaba. The day they block me, I let all hell loose. How can you people just shift goal post in the middle of the match? No warming or anything. People still use there, I still use it, but ever since... I have it in mind anything can happen. So I am well prepare to speed off or make sure other cars are using it. So, I won't be the only one they catch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2022
Thanks senior men. Amen to all the prayers.

@Mejai e no reach two weeks o. Naso we see am. The boy talk say he don tire to stay inside him mama belle. We thank God sha

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
My wife birthed our son this morning. Got married Nov 26, baby came today Dec 6.
I bless God.

Anywhere una see me like this, make una dash me money grin cry (owo ti ku waso, money don remain #50 for account grin )
Congratulations, dream reader.
Much respect, boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2022
easytig:
I have always suspected that spot. Though I have not used it. December don reach, they need to cash out. Yet na person go use cement level that spot. This country eh angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
easytig:

I use that road all the time. Are you sure they are lastma officers or local govt touts who wear safety vests? They tried to stop me yesterday, but I just looked at the guy with a strong/mean face while on the phone and he moved away.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
I'm confused at the moment, I passed there in the morning enroute island,cars that pass that route are numerous na.which gives the impression that it is legal.this country sef na wa.
pope191:

We are living in a stupid country. I have been using that place for over 2 years to connect yaba. The day they block me, I let all hell loose. How can you people just shift goal post in the middle of the match? No warming or anything. People still use there, I still use it, but ever since... I have it in mind anything can happen. So I am well prepare to speed off or make sure other cars are using it. So, I won't be the only one they catch.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
Lastma officers o with iron spikes to spoil tyre.i spoke with another lastma officer in jibowu and he told me it's not their duty to stop vehicles trying to use that route.
Barbiturate:

I use that road all the time. Are you sure they are lastma officers or local govt touts who wear safety vests? They tried to stop me yesterday, but I just looked at the guy with a strong/mean face while on the phone and he moved away.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2022
Who created the ramp if it's not legal to use it,I'm confused
IFSHR:

Them just turn that place to cash out...I wonder who created the climbing ramp if it was meant to be illegal...can they just destroy the climbing ramp....I think it's high time we start taking some issues as group to Lagos state social mediums..imagine every member of this group commenting on their page on a particular area....one will surely get their attention.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2022
easytig:
Lastma officers o with iron spikes to spoil tyre.i spoke with another lastma officer in jibowu and he told me it's not their duty to stop vehicles trying to use that route.

Where are you now and what is the situation now?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2022
They drove my car to their office at oshodi,I just called a friend to pick me up at oshodi , will go there
again tomorrow to know wassup.wow just wow.they open my car and sat in , it felt weird cos I passed the exact route in the morning and there was no drama
Barbiturate:

Where are you now and what is the situation now?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
I bless God.

Congrats Agba! I rejoice with you.
Don't worry God will replenish your pocket
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2022
easytig:
They drove my car to their office at oshodi,I just called a friend to pick me up at oshodi , will go there
again tomorrow to know wassup.wow just wow.they open my car and sat in , it felt weird cos I passed the exact route in the morning and there was no drama

Those people are idiots! No sign whatsoever o!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dyomik: 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2022
Pearl1910:

You don't really need the cutom papers. Nobody will ask for custom papers for a 16 year old car except the custom officer just wants to be wicked.

Although, normally u need it to do change of ownership but u can still achieve that without the custom papers.

The only challenge I see is the fact that you will be traveling interstate regularly and probably with a new plate number. You will definitely be stopped by customs if u encounter them in d first six months of doing that new number.

So either u avoid traveling out of Lagos or u leave the car. If u must buy it be sure he is d owner and negotiate d price downwards because of the missing custom papers. Plus he must leave the plates for you should you decide not to do change if ownership.

Thanks for your input

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dyomik: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2022
northbird:

Seller can't find it or they don't have. Last year here.
Take details from the "allocation of number plate" document. (without customs, they won't allocate number)

Take the details from there. Go to Asycuda (the department for payment portal at customs). Go and verify the details, they will print out a summary 2 page of the transaction with stamp.. If it exists.
Should cost you like 3-5k. Go yourself, don't delegate it.

There's no custom officer on the road that argues with verification from Asycuda.

The person couldn't find it,He had it before but just misplaced it,thanks for the info on Asycuda,i will check them out
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2022
easytig:

You shouldn't have allowed them take you to Oshodi. You will have to face a mobile court.

Sorry bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2022
The thing you should ask is. What is your offence? It should be noted.
Take yourself back to same location and snap the ramp.
When you reach mobile court bring out evidence that says that It is a place to pass.
Hopefully mobile court go free you. Those last w na bastard.

easytig:

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanrexdo(m): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sup bro. How your matter for there??
Keep us posted.
sofdoc1:

Thanks man...you don give me confidence. I go go tomorrow.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FASASI1(m): 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
ReadaDream:
I bless God.

Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Massab: 6:27am On Dec 07, 2022
Congratulations boss

ReadaDream:
I bless God.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bobbiet(m): 7:29am On Dec 07, 2022
Good morning pilots. I need critical unbiased advice. I got a car (Corolla 03) on hire purchase last year December with a down payment of 100k. The car was perfect for the first 2months and the car started giving me issues so payment was not consistent. I worked engine by July and more issue till today. Infact I've sold all I had to fix the car. The car had packed up for almost 3week(my grace period). I decided to return car yesterday since it keeps counting while in my possession. Well the car engine is down again with some shock issues. I don't have money to fix. When I checked my records, I've payed only a total some of 670,000 out of 2.3

Current fault of the car are

Smoking engine.
Damaged remote.
No more Central lock and window lock due to the remote machine.
Shock absorber.
expired papers.
I converted alloy to iron rims.

I am completely broke with nothing to fix car.

Any advice or suggestions on handling the issue?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tobigolden: 8:27am On Dec 07, 2022
iPhone7
128GB
Ba3 health 84%
Price: 50k negotiable
Condition: working perfectly, just a crack on the screen.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2022
This one na alien shocked
Who will do that? Receipt ke!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 9:56am On Dec 07, 2022
Good day Nairalanders.

Some days ago,omoapena brought to this great forum a matter which had to do with a HP agreement issue where his partner was asking him to drop the car for two weeks. Well,I am the business partner. Since he brought the matter here and everyone gave their judgements,I feel it's fair you all hear my own side.

It's a long write up please bear with me.

Firstly, I will like to take a retrospect to the beginning of this beautiful friendship.

Way back in 2018,I was in need of my very first car,I did my search and findings to ensure I get a good one just like every other first timer would do. So I stumbled upon an advertisement posted by Omoapena here on Nairaland, a few months unregistered Toyota Camry 2006 model. I fell in love with the color and the car generally and I reached out to him. I inspected it and paid the actual owner of the vehicle (Ola was just a middle man in the business).

Fast forward to early this year, around April/May,I bought a Toks Toyota Corolla 2003 from a reputable Car dealer here on Nairaland. It was the deal of the century.i got the car cheap at a point where car prices skyrocketed due to increase in custom charges and FX wahala.

I posted an Ad on this forum that I needed a driver for HP deal. The offer was termed "too good to be true" by some Nairalanders, even some persons called me a scammer but I chose not to be greedy about it cos I believe it was my way of helping someone who needed this deal and also a establish a small stream of income for me and my family

P.S i bought the car for 2.3m with a total package of 3.3m after two years. Mind you I did some things on the car(registration, comprehensive insurance including third party, car tracking, minor repairs and some other things which amounted to almost 2.5m but I didn't add all these to the overall)

I got calls from Nairalanders on this HP deal, my intention was to give it to a member of this forum since I have been a member for more than a decade.i see everyone here as family.

To my greatest surprise, I got a call from Omoapena, he didn't know who I was cos he lost my number or probably didn't save it,but i still had his. He called and he said he was interested in the HP deal. I had to reintroduce myself and he instantly remembered who I was.the very first person who sold me my first car. I asked him why he needed this deal since he was a car dealer then and he opened up to me,he told me he went through some personal ordeals. I felt for him and considerd him for the deal despite his offer being the lowest I got. i rejected a 4m and 3.8m HP deal just to give him this car since he was the one who sold my first ever vehicle to me,I had this soft spot in my heart.

I had issues with him from the very beginning, one that some people here might not accept. Firstly his guarantors are his Mom and elder brother (I told him I never wanted two family members for this ) but he pleaded and I later agreed.

To be continued ....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:08am On Dec 07, 2022
Dailyparrot:

That was a serious one. I never expected anyone to take a U-turn there because the one way is too obvious.

So cars where taken that U-turn, what I realized too late was that they where military personnel.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2022
Secondly, after he got the car he started complaining that the brake pad was bad,noise from exhaust and so on,sometimes he will ask me to give him some money to do some small repairs.sometimes i do most times I don't.i offered to return his 300k deposit money then and he returns the car back since it was too early to be complaining. He saw and termed my offer of return as a "threat".

SITUATION WHERE HE HAS DEFAULTED

He is suppose to pay 30k after 7 days .In this case, he works Monday to Sunday and remits the money on Monday morning but most times late that Monday but I don't complain.

Part of agreement says and I quote,

"If the HIRER shall make default in payment of any weekly sum payable hereunder for
14 days after the same have become due or shall fail to observe or PERFORM any of
the terms and conditions of this agreement, the OWNER may without prejudice to his
claim for arrears of hire or damages (if any) for breach of this agreement forthwith
terminate the hiring without notice and retake physical possession of the said vehicle
himself or through his agents or legal representatives and the HIRER shall not object to
the retaking of possession of the said vehicle by the owner or his agents or Legal
representative and/or by written notice to the HIRER determine this Agreement and
the hiring hereby constituted."

1st( which was a Monday and beginning of new business week) till 15th of August I did not receive full payment as agreed. Though on the 1st of August, he paid for previous week (25th-31st of July).But payment meant for 1st to14th of August wasn't made due to some challenges he faced with the authorities and the car was impounded.

On 15th,he paid 58k instead of 60k as we agreed while he paid balance of 2k the next day which was on the 16th after much argument.

By interpretation I can argue he defaulted but till this day he argues he didn't. I did not take action against him because he made attempt to pay and it was encouraging. I only warned him that situations like this shouldn't repeat itself again.

Secondly, part of the agreement says and I quote, "the HIRER must give reasonable notice to the OWNER for repairs, particulars of repairs
and site of repairs."

He doesn't tell me anything as regards this.

Lastly, part of the agreement states and I quote "The HIRER shall Pay all license duties, fees, registration and other charges or taxes, payable in
respect of the said vehicle where the need arises and keep the said vehicle in a
good repair condition and working order and will permit the OWNER and persons
authorized by him to have access to the said vehicle for the purpose of inspecting
the condition thereof at least once every month. In case the HIRER fails or neglects
to cause the said vehicle to be repaired or kept in a proper state of repair, the
OWNER shall be entitled but shall not be bound to do, so, to seize or cause the said
vehicle to be seized and to get the same repaired and to keep the said vehicle in
his custody till the HIRER pays the bills for repair of the said vehicle
"

Since May we started this business, he has only brought the vehicle once for inspection and that was late November 2022. He was forced to do so.

The agreement signed clearly states that if he doesn't adhere to the ANY of the agreement,he will forfeit the vehicle.

I have never used any of these against him.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:16am On Dec 07, 2022
kchris007:

@Crvrider Please can I get your number? I want to ask questions about CRV

You can ask here or drop your number and I'll call you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5074) (5075) (5076) (5077) (5078) (5079) (5080) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.