Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5086) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4769618 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5083) (5084) (5085) (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentleswift(m): 8:01am On Dec 12, 2022
Dailyparrot:

You have not done anything wrong. People will always support the person with the bigger pocket, reason your partner tends to be getting a bigger applause on his posts.

Firstly, that agreement you signed with him is flawed and has a lot of strict rules. Two weeks default is too short to allow a partner withdraw a car on a higher purchase deal. So, if you have paid 1.5 million of 2.5 million naira deal, you will lose the car because of two weeks default.?

Secondly, you have no business informing him about the repairs nor bringing the car for inspection since it's a higher purchase deal. Why would he even include that in the agreement? His only business with you and the car is to be receiving his money as at when due. Whatever happens to the car is none of his business. He's been covered by the agreement that states that he has the right to withdraw the car should you fail to make payment within a stipulated period of time.

A friend is facing same problem with his partner. The guy is on rental yet uses his money to fix all problems with the car and the partner does not care. If the guy has an option, he would have long dumped the car. He asked the partner for a hire purchase agreement since he's the one doing all the repairs but the guy refused because he's enjoying his weekly rentals with no obligation.

I wonder why people feel so high when they give out a vehicle to another. The response from your partner here shows the kind of person that he really is. Imagine drawing the battle line here, for what exactly?

You sound like a sincere person to me and you are the kind of person I would love to work with. It's unfortunate that sincere drivers get hooked with irrational partners and same with reasonable partners.

If his dad needs a car for movement, he should release his own car. He knows what he's asking for is wrong but because he's the car owner, you should come crying on your knees to oblige his request.

My bro, keep up the hard work and pay off this guy as soon as possible. You deserve your peace of mind.

And next time, dispute anything you feel isn't right in an agreement that you are signing up for in a business relationship.
God bless u boss, I wonder why they're putting this guy in a tight corner. Retrieving a car on high purchase for two weeks in this peak period? That's unfair. U expect him to stay idol, as if he does not have bills to pay, all because it's his car. May God help us.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentleswift(m): 9:12am On Dec 12, 2022
Djdamian:

Anger is such an understatement,

I was willing to overlook all these ,then i woke up this morning saw a message he posted with a screenshot of our chat.

The lies ,my God it's painful
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lexit: 9:28am On Dec 12, 2022
Omoapena:

This thing can be painful, I'm also going through one right now, after delivering cake for you, then sent you my details to pay me, you stopped picking up my calls and says your banking app has issue since yesterday...

I don't know why riders don't pay once you let them go...
reason you don't let go until they pay. No matter the situation, colet the money before they leave. On delivery, never drop the item until you see your money. No matter what.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 9:42am On Dec 12, 2022
northbird:

The winners in this game in the long run are the ehailing companies. . They will never buy cars.
Bolt is willing to go down to 98,99 2000 model of cars. (a lot of people are not buying cars to put on the platform like before). Presently, it makes zero business sense to invest ₦3m+ to collect 30k weekly.
Even at 30k weekly, you can't make profit in a year as an investor.

I'm yet to verify this but if true, it may offer some respite for investors.

That vehicle can be bought with 1m or less, you recover your money under one year.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CharleyBright(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2022
Djdamian:

It's been resolved already. The issue wasn't just the leasing of the vehicle for two weeks just to get things clear. The business itself is very challenging for both the owner and driver,it takes a sense of understanding, empathy,honesty and professionalism to scale through at the end of it all. But I must say this will be my last HIRE PURCHASE deal.

Thanks to the mature minds here who gave valued opinions and resolutions.

One love.

My brother, I thank God the matter has been settled amicably. But it seem it keeps cropping up and new people keep commenting on it once they read thru.
Though I had followed the matter from onset and deliberately refused to comment without hearing from both sides, but am forced to comment based on diversed opinions.
Let me start by saying that this is my first comment on this thread. I am an interested investing Partner who stumble on this thread in course of making inquiries about risks of investing in the business. So pardon me if am too blunt in my assessment and comment.

Frankly, both of you (car owner and driver) are wrong.

Firstly, am going to be very blunt with you. You started the whole wahala in the first place. You were wrong to place that request for the car for 2 weeks. It was NEVER in the agreement that you (at anytime) will/ or can make such demand to use the car for weeks.
You would have shot yourself on the foot if you had foolishly taken the matter to court.
Did the HP agreement state that you can request for the car for such purpose for which you required it?
The answer is a capital NO.
That is the first thing the judge will ask you after going thru the agreement, and you would have easily lost the case had it been you had gone to court.

Don't you think you were breaching the HP agreement by making that request?
It doesn't bother you that the driver could have also earmarked to use the car for Xmas journey too Or perhaps had a client that had booked him for whatever arrangement?
The driver had a good reason to deny you the car.
All he should have done was to diplomatically lie to you that he was all booked up for the rest of the year, and he can't cancel.
Am sure you wouldn't have compelled him to make cancellations and give you the car.
That would be selfish and inconsiderate of you.
If he had simply given u that excuse that he was booked up for December, all that back and forth and wahala wouldn't have come up.
But he wasn't smart enough to come up with such excuse.

On the other hand, the driver was absolutely wrong to bring up the matter here on this platform knowing you (his boss) was also on this platform. And worse still, he was yapping his mouth and exchanging words with you. Who exchange words with his helper?
Obviously, it is likely he meant to give a bad impression of you to people on this platform. That was not smart nor right. Such action is condemnable.
People need to learn to first of all find means to resolve problems privately and amicably before escalating especially when they are subordinates in the matter. Even at escalating, there are levels of escalations. You don't go escalating first, then wanting to resolve privately. It is not wise.

Going back to owner of the car - Djdamian, the reason am having to comment on this matter is because of your comment that "you won't do this kind of HP business again in future" because of this experience with your driver partner.

From both of your narratives, I must say you guys are having almost a smooth business transaction except for the 2wk payment glitch which he had for obvious and understandable reasons being the car was impounded. And he did tried to make up by making payments for the 2wks.
So obviously, your driver partner is doing well, and you ought to be glad about that.

This problem you both are having is because of the demand placed by you to use the car for 2wks ( which is said to be peak period for bolt/uber drivers).

Have you asked yourself if that demand will offset his inflow?
Have you asked yourself what he would be doing with himself for the 2wks without income?
Have you asked yourself the precarious liability of... say the car is stolen while in your dad's custody Or had accident in the course of the journey?

Sometimes we tend to consider ourselves first and don't care about others who will be affected by our choices or decisions we make.

In other words, if you choose not to do HP business again in the future, it is not because your driver partner erred, it is rather because you decided to breach the contract agreement by making a demand that was outside the agreement. So pls take the blame.

And mind you, if in the future you decide to do the business again and make such demand as requesting for car under HP, you will likely still get the same outcome.
An agreement is what binds both parties. Anything outside it is alien.

Pls my candid advise to you is to fully understand the terms of an agreement that you wrote and strictly abide by it.
And lastly, I wish you best of luck in future business transactions.

My ten Kobo to the matter.

17 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2022
Who has seen this on indrive?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2022
sunnymighty:

How much is this?

The 5L sells for N11,500
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2022
Omoapena:

Everyone been telling me to to use total 20w-50 but I don't know why my mind don't go with it...

From a user, that oil is far better than xhp I won't lie to you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnymighty(m): 10:38am On Dec 12, 2022
Crvrider:

The 5L sells for N11,500

Ok thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 11:27am On Dec 12, 2022
Crvrider:

From a user, that oil is far better than xhp I won't lie to you.

Ooh
So I have to switch oil product like this but I hope it won't affect anything?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:50am On Dec 12, 2022
Crvrider:

New bonus structure on Indrive. They gave me 3k bonus 2 Saturdays ago. Unlike Bolt, No stupid % completion rate, no Yeye acceptance rate.... No conditions. 3k bonus.upfront. .. 3k was already sitting in my driver's account to be used before I even took a ride.....

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hello house,
Took a trip from Lekki conservation center to agopalace on 1.9 surge. When I ended the trip it shows 15900 card trip. So later while checking my rides, I saw price review. Since last night have been trying to message bolt. How long will this take and after mailing them.

Any phone number I can reach out to?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
CharleyBright:

My brother, I thank God the matter has been settled amicably. But it seem it keeps cropping up and new people keep commenting on it once they read thru.
Though I had followed the matter from onset and deliberately refused to comment without hearing from both sides, but am forced to comment based on diversed opinions.
Let me start by saying that this is my first comment on this thread. I am an interested investing Partner who stumble on this thread in course of making inquiries about risks of investing in the business. So pardon me if am too blunt in my assessment and comment.

Frankly, both of you (car owner and driver) are wrong.

Firstly, am going to be very blunt with you. You started the whole wahala in the first place. You were wrong to place that request for the car for 2 weeks. It was NEVER in the agreement that you (at anytime) will/ or can make such demand to use the car for weeks.
You would have shot yourself on the foot if you had foolishly taken the matter to court.
Did the HP agreement state that you can request for the car for such purpose for which you required it?
The answer is a capital NO.
That is the first thing the judge will ask you after going thru the agreement, and you would have easily lost the case had it been you had gone to court.

Don't you think you were breaching the HP agreement by making that request?
It doesn't bother you that the driver could have also earmarked to use the car for Xmas journey too Or perhaps had a client that had booked him for whatever arrangement?
The driver had a good reason to deny you the car.
All he should have done was to diplomatically lie to you that he was all booked up for the rest of the year, and he can't cancel.
Am sure you wouldn't have compelled him to make cancellations and give you the car.
That would be selfish and inconsiderate of you
If he had simply given u that excuse that he was booked up for December, all that back and forth and wahala wouldn't have come up.
But he wasn't smart enough to come up with such excuse.

On the other hand, the driver was absolutely wrong to bring up the matter here on this platform knowing you (his boss) was also on this platform. And worse still, he was yapping his mouth and exchanging words with you. Who exchange words with his helper?
Obviously, it is likely he meant to give a bad impression of you to people on this platform. That was not smart nor right. Such action is condemnable.
People need to learn to first of all find means to resolve problems privately and amicably before escalating especially when they are subordinates in the matter. Even at escalating, there are levels of escalations. You don't go escalating first, then wanting to resolve privately. It is not wise.

Going back to owner of the car - Djdamian, the reason am having to comment on this matter is because of your comment that "you won't do this kind of HP business again in future" because of this experience with your driver partner.

From both of your narratives, I must say you guys are having almost a smooth business transaction except for the 2wk payment glitch which he had for obvious and understandable reasons being the car was impounded. And he did tried to make up by making payments for the 2wks.
So obviously, your driver partner is doing well, and you ought to be glad about that.

This problem you both are having is because of the demand placed by you to use the car for 2wks ( which is said to be peak period for bolt/uber drivers).

Have you asked yourself if that demand will offset his inflow?
Have you asked yourself what he would be doing with himself for the 2wks without income?
Have you asked yourself the precarious liability of... say the car is stolen while in your dad's custody Or had accident in the course of the journey?

Sometimes we tend to consider ourselves first and don't care about others who will be affected by our choices or decisions we make.

In other words, if you choose not to do HP business again in the future, it is not because your driver partner erred, it is rather because you decided to breach the contract agreement by making a demand that was outside the agreement. So pls take the blame.

And mind you, if in the future you decide to do the business again and make such demand as requesting for car under HP, you will likely still get the same outcome.
An agreement is what binds both parties. Anything outside it is alien.

Pls my candid advise to you is to fully understand the terms of an agreement that you wrote and strictly abide by it.
And lastly, I wish you best of luck in future business transactions.

My ten Kobo to the matter.

Thank you for your input and insight to the matter. Like i said earlier, it wasn't the two weeks lease request, I actually intended to pay him for that period and take care of any expense that will arise in terms of repairs and maintenance.

My reason for opting out is because of current INFLATION in Nigeria, the cost of getting a tokunbo car and ROI duration (2-3 years). its not worth it IMO.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2022
abefeabebi:
Hello house,
Took a trip from Lekki conservation center to agopalace on 1.9 surge. When I ended the trip it shows 15900 card trip. So later while checking my rides, I saw price review. Since last night have been trying to message bolt. How long will this take and after mailing them.

Any phone number I can reach out to?
Lol, na thier way.
Once a trip fare is above 10k bolt will automatically place it under review, sometimes they will slash the price a bit but won't balance the rider ooo.
Just go under the trip and make a report explain the details of the trip to them, that's why most drivers run away from long distance card trips e too dey carry wahala.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
Djdamian:

Thank you for your input and insight to the matter. Like i said earlier, it wasn't the two weeks lease request, I actually intended to pay him for that period and take care of any expense that will arise in terms of repairs and maintenance.

My reason for opting out is because of current INFLATION in Nigeria, the cost of getting a tokunbo car and ROI duration (2-3 years). its not worth it IMO.
Pure truth, just that when me, BAZOO1 and others were shouting and warning upcoming investors they thought we don't want them to enjoy what others are enjoying.
Buying car above 2 million to invest in Uber and be collecting small small money with different types of headaches no work, unless u intend to drive it yourself.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2022
Gentlelife50:

Pure truth, just that when me, BAZOO1 and others were shouting and warning upcoming investors they thought we don't want them to enjoy what others are enjoying.
Buying car above 2 million to invest in Uber and be collecting small small money with different types of headaches no work, unless u intend to drive it yourself.

Always discouraging others since 204BC and still doing so 2022AD

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2022
Crvrider:

When you see ehailing companies throwing bonuses at drivers they are under pressure to maintain drivers loyalty. . Uber and bolt bonuses must have woken indrive from their doldrums.... is Lagride throwing any such bonuses?...

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
Gentlelife50:

Maybe you should consult moove to find out their secrets. Those guys are dropping brand new cars costing over N6m without blinking..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2022
northbird:

New bonus structure on Indrive. They gave me 3k bonus 2 Saturdays ago. Unlike Bolt, No stupid % completion rate, no Yeye acceptance rate.... No conditions. 3k bonus.upfront. .. 3k was already sitting in my driver's account to be used before I even took a ride.....

I feel so very comfortable using indrive, however they are still somethings that they really need to work on. For instance 10days is just too much on refunds for trips that wasn't executed but deductions was made. 2) riders should be penalized for keeping drivers waiting for too long(although I usually ask them to pay something)

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2022
Omoapena:

Ooh
So I have to switch oil product like this but I hope it won't affect anything?

I don't want to believe it will. I switched.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
MoonlightDrive:

When you see ehailing companies throwing bonuses at drivers they are under pressure to maintain drivers loyalty. . Uber and bolt bonuses must have woken indrive from their doldrums.... is Lagride throwing any such bonuses?...

But how does Lagride work? Is possible
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
Crvrider:

But how does Lagride work? Is possible

LagRide is quite exclusive... They gave to some of the traditional taxi guys. They are not looking for ₦600-700 trips.. Some of them don't follow the app. As long as they keep their financial obligations, they are good.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
Crvrider:

2) riders should be penalized for keeping drivers waiting for too long (although I usually ask them to pay something)

Do they usually comply? For me, they don't. I'd waited for a lady for 20 mins at onikoyi, going to Yaba( wanted to use it to close, like destination trip)
Told her she would pay for the wait, but she refused, asking if she should cancel.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2022
Barbiturate:

Do they usually comply? For me, they don't. I'd waited for a lady for 20 mins at onikoyi, going to Yaba( wanted to use it to close, like destination trip)
Told her she would pay for the wait, but she refused, asking if she should cancel.
wicked girl rider. Common sense should tell her she needs to tip u. Go to some exclusive restaurants u are expected to tip the waiter that served u. U put the cash inside the menu card.
But some riff-raffs that manage to order a ride go dey form boss man/lady. Some no go even apologize on top it they will sit at the back, telling u to reduce the volume of the radio, I want to buy this or that. Criminals!!!

Mad people everywhere. grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
mejai:
wicked girl rider. Common sense should tell her she needs to tip u. Go to some exclusive restaurants u are expected to top the waiter that served u. U put the cash inside the menu card.
But some riff-raffs that manage to order a ride go dey form boss man/lady.

Mad people everywhere. grin

Very wicked lady! I just told her to enter. I needed the trip smiley
She even entered and was ordering me to do this and that.....like; shift this chair forward, increase the A/C, reduce the radio, you're running too fast, pls reduce your speed! I was just obeying, just to get my money and go home

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 9:08pm On Dec 12, 2022
Baba long tym oo..... you dey go villa this December?
This1 way you dey work heavy these days. The palm wine wey you promise me oo.
Barbiturate:

She even entered and was ordering me to do this and that.....like; shift this chair forward, increase the A/C, reduce the radio, you're running too fast, pls reduce your speed! I was just obeying, just to get my money and go home
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2022
northbird:

LagRide is quite exclusive... They gave to some of the traditional taxi guys. They are not looking for ₦600-700 trips.. Some of them don't follow the app. As long as they keep their financial obligations, they are good.

How exactly do they get riders?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2022
Barbiturate:

Sometimes they do but i usually don't stress it if they don't.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
Barbiturate:

I won't let you order me around like that o. One entered my car and wanted the volume of the radio increased, I refused. She just fall chair, put ear piece. She can deaf herself no wahala.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 9:52pm On Dec 12, 2022
yommie007:
Baba long tym oo..... you dey go villa this December?
This1 way you dey work heavy these days. The palm wine wey you promise me oo.

Lolz. And yes, I dey go villa this December. Where you dey for lag? I will bring the palmi for real this time. I must warn you that my village palmi is very strong o! I dey work hard baba, but no be for village things. I really wan leave this hustle soon, for real! The wahala too much!

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
Crvrider:
They said first fifty drivers to do 30 trips, abeg dey never serious.
We know the people that will win it eventually, meant for ant drivers like BAZOO1
grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5083) (5084) (5085) (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: tbred, emadamysy, pope191, Besto(m), lanre2009 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.