Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4768910 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5084) (5085) (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) (5090) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2022
pope191:

Always discouraging others since 204BC and still doing so 2022AD
grin grin
And I still haven't quit
According to Mama's cooking he will take us serious when we quit, yet he use style sell of his car and went into oil and gas but at first Uber is the next best thing after slice bread
grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:12pm On Dec 12, 2022
MoonlightDrive:

Maybe you should consult moove to find out their secrets. Those guys are dropping brand new cars costing over N6m without blinking..
We go still hear scores, besides they will hardly loose because of the conditions they give to the drivers.
Do you know Uber won't allow driver be online more than 18 hours a day, but let me ask you why did they stop buying 2014 Corollas?
They no longer buy innoson connect, in fact they started with the other Suzuki but they are stuck with that small tuke tuke

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
mejai:
wicked girl rider. Common sense should tell her she needs to tip u. Go to some exclusive restaurants u are expected to tip the waiter that served u. U put the cash inside the menu card.
But some riff-raffs that manage to order a ride go dey form boss man/lady. Some no go even apologize on top it they will sit at the back, telling u to reduce the volume of the radio, I want to buy this or that. Criminals!!!

Mad people everywhere. grin
What I do if I want to work is this, once indriver request enter
I will call the person or chat the person if he or she will reply as some of them don't or not smart enough to do so, I will boldly ask the person if he's ready for the trip.
Madam can I start coming now?
Are you sure you are ready for the trip because I will soon arrive and you know indriver don't charge for waiting, but women will still waste time coming out.
But

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilachiever(m): 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2022
So this indriver rider charged my friend extra 500 for keeping him waiting for 7 minutes (which wasn't even deliberate as she had to use the elevator), na so una dey do am? Thought free wait time was 10mins?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
lilachiever:
So this indriver rider charged my friend extra 500 for keeping him waiting for 7 minutes (which wasn't even deliberate as she had to use the elevator), na so una dey do am? Thought free wait time was 10mins?

Indrive is a negotiation app, it does not use any meter to read. They can negotiate online or offline, no duress, no emotions. As the spirit leads. I entered on today, the guy no even bother to on a/c. I was just laughing inside cheesy my guy no just send. I doubt if the car have a/c

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mod

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:52pm On Dec 12, 2022
Gentlelife50:

grin grin
And I still haven't quit
According to Mama's cooking he will take us serious when we quit, yet he use style sell of his car and went into oil and gas but at first Uber is the next best thing after slice bread
grin grin

I guess mama's cooking is the same person called Kuvuki grin may the labour of our hero not be in vain.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilachiever(m): 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
pope191:

Indrive is a negotiation app, it does not use any meter to read. They can negotiate online or offline, no duress, no emotions. As the spirit leads. I entered on today, the guy no even bother to on a/c. I was just laughing inside cheesy my guy no just send. I doubt if the car have a/c

Well, he could do that cos it was late and the person in question was in a hurry to get home.

Definitely can't be me..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommie007: 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
Na ladipo market i dey leave oo..... looking forward to the palmy. Na Nov and Dec me sef resume oo.... as customs don dabaru ports...
Barbiturate:

Lolz. And yes, I dey go villa this December. Where you dey for lag? I will bring the palmi for real this time. I must warn you that my village palmi is very strong o! I dey work hard baba, but no be for village things. I really wan leave this hustle soon, for real! The wahala too much!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
lilachiever:

Waiting grace is 5 mins for both Indrive and bolt. After 5mins bolt will start charging rider for extra mins on top, but Indrive will not, cos it's fixed. Riders should use their discretion to know that extra waiting time on indrive should attract charges even if the App doesn't allow it. If you're a driver and someone delays you for 20 mins, how would you feel?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
yommie007:
Na ladipo market i dey leave oo..... looking forward to the palmy. Na Nov and Dec me sef resume oo.... as customs don dabaru ports...

No wahala. I go pm you when I come back by God's grace

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilachiever(m): 5:40am On Dec 13, 2022
Barbiturate:

Waiting grace is 5 mins for both Indrive and bolt. After 5mins bolt will start charging rider for extra mins on top, but Indrive will not, cos it's fixed. Riders should use their discretion to know that extra waiting time on indrive should attract charges even if the App doesn't allow it. If you're a driver and someone delays you for 20 mins, how would you feel?

Agreed. But the person only delayed for extra 2 mins, you don't feel the 500 was way too high for extra 2 mins delay?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 6:39am On Dec 13, 2022
lilachiever:

Agreed. But the person only delayed for extra 2 mins, you don't feel the 500 was way too high for extra 2 mins delay?
Simple thing to do is to book ride when u are fully ready. She could have booked the ride when she is at the exit door. By the time the driver arrives, she will even be on the road to enter. That's how it should be. Time is money!

Some go book u, begin do makeup or even bath sef.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 7:14am On Dec 13, 2022
mejai:

Simple thing to do is to book ride when u are fully ready. She could have booked the ride when she is at the exit door. By the time the driver arrives, she will even be on the road to enter. That's how it should be. Time is money!

One girl booked me, she called me and said she wants to go and take her bath now, that I should wait.
Alakoba,. I just said ok and I cancelled.
Otilor

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 9:12am On Dec 13, 2022
lilachiever:

Well, I'm not in support of what the guy did, but then she should have been outside before the driver got to her PU. That's how whites, Indians and chinese do.

Moreover, was she at gunpoint before paying the 500? She should have just paid the real fair. The guy will not stop her from going down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2022
CharleyBright:

My brother, I thank God the matter has been settled amicably. But it seem it keeps cropping up and new people keep commenting on it once they read thru.
Though I had followed the matter from onset and deliberately refused to comment without hearing from both sides, but am forced to comment based on diversed opinions.
Let me start by saying that this is my first comment on this thread. I am an interested investing Partner who stumble on this thread in course of making inquiries about risks of investing in the business. So pardon me if am too blunt in my assessment and comment.

Frankly, both of you (car owner and driver) are wrong.

Firstly, am going to be very blunt with you. You started the whole wahala in the first place. You were wrong to place that request for the car for 2 weeks. It was NEVER in the agreement that you (at anytime) will/ or can make such demand to use the car for weeks.
You would have shot yourself on the foot if you had foolishly taken the matter to court.
Did the HP agreement state that you can request for the car for such purpose for which you required it?
The answer is a capital NO.
That is the first thing the judge will ask you after going thru the agreement, and you would have easily lost the case had it been you had gone to court.

Don't you think you were breaching the HP agreement by making that request?
It doesn't bother you that the driver could have also earmarked to use the car for Xmas journey too Or perhaps had a client that had booked him for whatever arrangement?
The driver had a good reason to deny you the car.
All he should have done was to diplomatically lie to you that he was all booked up for the rest of the year, and he can't cancel.
Am sure you wouldn't have compelled him to make cancellations and give you the car.
That would be selfish and inconsiderate of you.
If he had simply given u that excuse that he was booked up for December, all that back and forth and wahala wouldn't have come up.
But he wasn't smart enough to come up with such excuse.

On the other hand, the driver was absolutely wrong to bring up the matter here on this platform knowing you (his boss) was also on this platform. And worse still, he was yapping his mouth and exchanging words with you. Who exchange words with his helper?
Obviously, it is likely he meant to give a bad impression of you to people on this platform. That was not smart nor right. Such action is condemnable.
People need to learn to first of all find means to resolve problems privately and amicably before escalating especially when they are subordinates in the matter. Even at escalating, there are levels of escalations. You don't go escalating first, then wanting to resolve privately. It is not wise.

Going back to owner of the car - Djdamian, the reason am having to comment on this matter is because of your comment that "you won't do this kind of HP business again in future" because of this experience with your driver partner.

From both of your narratives, I must say you guys are having almost a smooth business transaction except for the 2wk payment glitch which he had for obvious and understandable reasons being the car was impounded. And he did tried to make up by making payments for the 2wks.
So obviously, your driver partner is doing well, and you ought to be glad about that.

This problem you both are having is because of the demand placed by you to use the car for 2wks ( which is said to be peak period for bolt/uber drivers).

Have you asked yourself if that demand will offset his inflow?
Have you asked yourself what he would be doing with himself for the 2wks without income?
Have you asked yourself the precarious liability of... say the car is stolen while in your dad's custody Or had accident in the course of the journey?

Sometimes we tend to consider ourselves first and don't care about others who will be affected by our choices or decisions we make.

In other words, if you choose not to do HP business again in the future, it is not because your driver partner erred, it is rather because you decided to breach the contract agreement by making a demand that was outside the agreement. So pls take the blame.

And mind you, if in the future you decide to do the business again and make such demand as requesting for car under HP, you will likely still get the same outcome.
An agreement is what binds both parties. Anything outside it is alien.

Pls my candid advise to you is to fully understand the terms of an agreement that you wrote and strictly abide by it.
And lastly, I wish you best of luck in future business transactions.

My ten Kobo to the matter.

I'm just seeing this, just to point out few corrections, I know my partner is on NL and I never brought the whole issue on NL, I only came to ask them on how to go about the request and they all said and asked was it written in the agreement that he has right to pause the duration at any time which i responded NO and they said I shouldn't allow him have it for the 2 weeks...

He was the 1 who saw the advise I seeks and brought the whole story and agreement we had so I wouldn't say I have done bad asking for colleagues advise...

Anyway, this is now past and I want people to see it as past without involvement...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:47am On Dec 13, 2022
Crvrider:

I won't let you order me around like that o. One entered my car and wanted the volume of the radio increased, I refused. She just fall chair, put ear piece. She can deaf herself no wahala.

Nigerians have that entitlement shit, na so 1 say make i on my Bluetooth say she wan connect, I allowed her and when she started playing, I realized it was too loud and I reduced the volume, that's how she said I should increase the volume and I told her if I increase it too much, I won't be able to hear horn from cars that wants to overtake me and she said drivers don't complain when she increase the stereo volume, I just told her they are comfortable with it but I'm not.

That's how she disconnected and put her headphones ON...

Education is very important in life o so you will know that you can't always expect people to do things the way you want it...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saysugar(m): 10:48am On Dec 13, 2022
saysugar:
Bolt drivers in ibadan should pls signify cool
bolt drivers in ibadan anyone?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CharleyBright(m): 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2022
Omoapena:

I'm just seeing this, just to point out few corrections, I know my partner is on NL and I never brought the whole issue on NL, I only came to ask them on how to go about the request and they all said and asked was it written in the agreement that he has right to pause the duration at any time which i responded NO and they said I shouldn't allow him have it for the 2 weeks...

He was the 1 who saw the advise I seeks and brought the whole story and agreement we had so I wouldn't say I have done bad asking for colleagues advise...

Anyway, this is now past and I want people to see it as past without involvement...

Dude, I explicitly pointed out where both of you were wrong.
Your partner read it and accepted his wrong doing without further pushing the blame on you.
But you have read it and don't want to accept your wrong doing and still want to push the blame on your boss partner.
So in this matter, you are not wrong at all??
You can see the picture you are trying to paint of yourself?
But refusing to accept your wrong doing, I don't think you have learnt lessons from this. There are high chances you would probably do same thing next time if as it is, you don't see anything wrong in what you did. I shudder in amazement.

But let me ask you a question...

1. If you were working in an established organization, and you had issues with your boss, would you go to the market square the day he is there and announce to the public the issue both of you are having??
If your answer is YES, then you have a lot more to learn about effective Superior and Subordinate relationship.
And of your answer is NO, then come off your high horse and admit that you were wrong by deliberately bringing the matter up here knowing your boss partner was here too.

2. For me, your claim that you were trying to seek advise here that is why you brought the matter here (even when you knew your boss was on the platform and will read it) DOES NOT HOLD WATER.
I assume you have been on this platform and thread long enough to know those who you can sought credible advise from. How about you private chatting them for such advise without everyone here knowing the issue you were having with your partner?
Did you consider how your partner would feel when he comes to read that you have brought up the matter here?
I will tell you bluntly that wasn't an option for you because you deliberately intended to publicise and embarrass your boss partner as a wicked person on this platform. That was very wrong of you to do that. Simply admit that you were wrong in doing that.

The bottomline is that both of your were wrong.
While he has accepted his fault, you are still unwilling to accept yours. Very well then!! It is your choice.

However, what matters most is that both of you have settled your differences and moved on. That's quite commendable and a huge relief.
But there are lot of lessons to be learnt for everyone here.
He that have eyes and ears should see, ear and listen for future references.

God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eyinola1: 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2022
mejai:

na wetin I take like all this Chinese guys ,they are always at d gate waiting and looking for ur car, picked a request on bolt on Sunday night 1.9 surge I was far away like 10 mins to pick up but because of the surge i no mind now i got to destination caking this girl and sending messages she no pick nor reply waited for like 15 mins then i cancelled, like 2 mins later sane request came back now without surge i picked and she calls me immediately and I told her I am already downstairs, immediately I saw her coming out i zoom off , she kept calling to find where I was parked na so I dey dribble her grin come to the side, no am at the front of the hotel grin grin na so she text me the message below ..as e dey sweet me e dey pain her grin

You're mad o you'll die you satanic being they'll waste your time stupid goat

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
CharleyBright:

Your partner read it and accepted his wrong doing without further pushing the blame on you.
But you have read it and don't want to accept your wrong doing and still want to push the blame on your boss partner.
But refusing to accept your wrong doing, I don't think you have learnt lessons from this. There are high chances you would probably do same thing next time if as it is, you don't see anything wrong in what you did. I shudder in amazement.

1. If you were working in an established organization, and you had issues with your boss, would you go to the market square the day he is there and announce to the public the issue both of you are having??
If your answer is YES, then you have a lot more to learn about effective Superior and Subordinate relationship.
And of your answer is NO, then come off your high horse and admit that you were wrong by deliberately bringing the matter up here knowing your boss partner was here too.

2. For me, your claim that you were trying to seek advise here that is why you brought the matter here (even when you knew your boss was on the platform and will read it) DOES NOT HOLD WATER.
I assume you have been on this platform and thread long enough to know those who you can sought credible advise from. How about you private chatting them for such advise without everyone here knowing the issue you were having with your partner?
Did you consider how your partner would feel when he comes to read that you have brought up the matter here?
I will tell you bluntly that wasn't an option for you because you deliberately intended to publicise and embarrass your boss partner as a wicked person on this platform. That was very wrong of you to do that. Simply admit that you were wrong in doing that.

While he has accepted his fault, you are still unwilling to accept yours. Very well then!! It is your choice.

However, what matters most is that both of you have settled your differences and moved on. That's quite commendable and a huge relief.

God bless you all.

In as much as you're making a reasonable point, I will always rule out where you have made wrong point, did anyone know my partner is on NL? I only know he's on NL and me seeking advice here doesn't reveal his identity and no 1 would have known he's on NL...

So, this part you said I'm here to make him look like a wicked person should be ruled out, in fact, I've always seen him as a good person but where you have wrongly accused me is where I will rule out. .

Pls, the case has been settled and all involvement has been suspended

Appreciate your input as well

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eyinola1: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
CharleyBright:

God bless you all.

this matter has been resolved plzzz, some people who haven't open nairaland for 5 days too now will come and start responding #Nolongthing

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
ReadaDream:
Who has heard from Davit recently? It's been awhile I read from him.
Thanks bro. I am here. Only quite busy on other things of late. One love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
Barbiturate:

Lolz. And yes, I dey go villa this December. Where you dey for lag? I will bring the palmi for real this time. I must warn you that my village palmi is very strong o! I dey work hard baba, but no be for village things. I really wan leave this hustle soon, for real! The wahala too much!

That's the way to go bro. Not something to do for a very long time.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jibwillz: 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2022
Omoapena:

In as much as you're making a reasonable point, I will always rule out where you have made wrong point, did anyone know my partner is on NL? I only know he's on NL and me seeking advice here doesn't reveal his identity and no 1 would have known he's on NL...

So, this part you said I'm here to make him look like a wicked person should be ruled out, in fact, I've always seen him as a good person but where you have wrongly accused me is where I will rule out. .

Pls, the case has been settled and all involvement has been suspended

Appreciate your input as well
I don't see a valid reason why you should keep responding to every new comment regarding this issue.
It's been trashed and both parties have made peace.

If I was ur partner ehn, this ur need to shalaye everytime even after issues had been resolved would definitely start spiking up my anger.

Old comments has proffered solutions and i expect you to focus on ur hussle and stop letting ur ego make new posts dredge up what has already been buried.
A wise person would ignore any further comment on this, but i might be wrong about the bolded sha

Fix up brah.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
davit:

That's the way to go bro. Not something to do for a very long time.

We still dey this game since 2016.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2022
Eyinola1:
na wetin I take like all this Chinese guys ,they are always at d gate waiting and looking for ur car, picked a request on bolt on Sunday night 1.9 surge I was far away like 10 mins to pick up but because of the surge i no mind now i got to destination caking this girl and sending messages she no pick nor reply waited for like 15 mins then i cancelled, like 2 mins later sane request came back now without surge i picked and she calls me immediately and I told her I am already downstairs, immediately I saw her coming out i zoom off , she kept calling to find where I was parked na so I dey dribble her grin come to the side, no am at the front of the hotel grin grin na so she text me the message below ..as e dey sweet me e dey pain her grin

You're mad o you'll die you satanic being they'll waste your time stupid goat

E Pain am! grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2022
YeyeGbami:

We still dey this game since 2016.

Leave Davit... nah my third house I deh build for village, cheerful is coming for him

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
I know there's a better life out there, but steady flow of income dey this hustle. Don't burn yourself out, work when you can and don't go into competition with anyone. With Indrive it becomes simple and so easy for me. I don't think I even pass Yaba and Surulere.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2022
pope191:
I know there's a better life out there, but steady flow of income dey this hustle. Don't burn yourself out, work when you can and don't go into competition with anyone. With Indrive it becomes simple and so easy for me. I don't think I even pass Yaba and Surulere.

Lagos population dey burst my head.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hello House, greetings to all the boss dem for here. Please guys, I’m having issue with my Honda Accord 03. After I don drive am for like 2 hours, d car will start jerking, it won’t want to move when I press accelerator, like say fuel finish. After a while I go Dey hear small small backfire from the engine side when I press accelerator. My mechanic thought it was the fuel pump/filter so he changed the pump and washed the filter but issue persists. Anybody experience this and what could be the issue or solution.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5084) (5085) (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) (5090) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Barbiturate(m), Pearl1910 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.