Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735301 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5166) (5167) (5168) (5169) (5170) (5171) (5172) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HonourablePomk: 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
obinoral1179:
on Thursday I parked at Jara mall and quickly went to the market to make enquiries about a gadget I need for church,I quickly zoom so as not to pay more than #400 for parking in jara mall, while inside the Market I already knew bolt was red all through so I'm waiting to get near my car and go back online and immediately i got inside Jara mall I went online and I got a trip to airport, ride indicate local airport but it'd later change to International airport on 1.9 surge. I was trying to pay for my ticket when i mistakenly accept a ride on indrive and immediately the client called me.. I saw the price I accepted to be #2100 from Lasuth to Magodo phase 2, I told the rider I'm far from him but he said no that he is close by in my mind I laughed and cancelled the order and I was charged by indrive whereas my trip on bolt ended #2800 in 12 minutes.... When there is Surge nothing like Bolt but the commission will humble you without surge.

Please how do I know when there’s surge? My score has reduced and I’m a new driver because I decline request that come in. Some the prices are low for the distance and some becuase I don’t want to drive far. Just driving within some parts of mainland for now. I want to only go on bony when there’s surge
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2023
HonourablePomk:

Please how do I know when there’s surge? My score has reduced and I’m a new driver because I decline request that come in. Some the prices are low for the distance and some becuase I don’t want to drive far. Just driving within some parts of mainland for now. I want to only go on bony when there’s surge
the icon showing the car will show red to know the actual rate of surge you will click the car icon and on the right side and it will show the surge rate... You need to look for someone to mentor you and put you through it will help you... Thanks to Peal1910 and pope191.......

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2023
obinoral1179:
the icon showing the car will show red to know the actual rate of surge you will click the car icon and on the right side and it will show the surge rate... You need to look for someone to mentor you and put you through it will help you... Thanks to Peal1910 and pope191.......

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
HonourablePomk:

Chairman, no dey cancel orders on bolt as a new driver. Accept all incoming orders even to the places you said you don't want to go.
The way u take start ur own hustle no be the way. If bolt block you, na there you go know what's up.
Take all incoming orders till your scores go back up.
I don't even expect you to be declining/ignoring orders in your 1st month to the game.
You can't be selecting the areas you want to go with bolt, na legends fit do that cos they know their way around it.
With this your hustling way, if you don't want bolt to end you in "O God", I go advise you to quickly register on indrive should in case bolt block your account.
Cos the way I dey sense you, you fit chop creamy blocking on bolt. grin
And any time you see there's huge and mad traffic around you, go offline, except you're positioned in a good place with perfect road links well distanced from traffic roads. You go understand well later sha.
Much respect, boss.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HonourablePomk: 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Glithronix:

Chairman, no dey cancel orders on bolt as a new driver. Accept all incoming orders even to the places you said you don't want to go.
The way u take start ur own hustle no be the way. If bolt block you, na there you go know what's up.
Take all incoming orders till your scores go back up.
I don't even expect you to be declining/ignoring orders in your 1st month to the game.
You can't be selecting the areas you want to go with bolt, na legends fit do that cos they know their way around it.
With this your hustling way, if you don't want bolt to end you in "O God", I go advise you to quickly register on indrive should in case bolt block your account.
Cos the way I dey sense you, you fit chop creamy blocking on bolt. grin
And any time you see there's huge and mad traffic around you, go offline, except you're positioned in a good place with perfect road links well distanced from traffic roads. You go understand well later sha.
Much respect, boss.

Please sir can you explain the bolded in simpler terms? My driver score is now 79% and it’s attention. From next week I won’t decline trips again and through this thread I’ve learnt how to stop new trips as that affected me too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2023
obinoral1179:
on Thursday I parked at Jara mall and quickly went to the market to make enquiries about a gadget I need for church,I quickly zoom so as not to pay more than #400 for parking in jara mall, while inside the Market I already knew bolt was red all through so I'm waiting to get near my car and go back online and immediately i got inside Jara mall I went online and I got a trip to airport, ride indicate local airport but it'd later change to International airport on 1.9 surge. I was trying to pay for my ticket when i mistakenly accept a ride on indrive and immediately the client called me.. I saw the price I accepted to be #2100 from Lasuth to Magodo phase 2, I told the rider I'm far from him but he said no that he is close by in my mind I laughed and cancelled the order and I was charged by indrive whereas my trip on bolt ended #2800 in 12 minutes.... When there is Surge nothing like Bolt but the commission will humble you without surge.

Among all the apps, I hate Indriver the most. How can you pay for commission for a trip that didn't take place.

I picked a guy at the price of 2400 at that Simbiat Abiola Way (medical road) and his destination was Tejuosho market.

When I turned to face the way heading to Yaba, the guy was like, where are you going, this doesn't look like the direction to magodo. I was like, which magodo?

It was then he informed me that he was going to magodo and not Yaba. That the person he booked Yaba for has gotten to Yaba since.

So, it happened that he just clicked on the last destination suggestion he inputted previously and ordered.

I had to park immediately for renegotiation. He said he can't pay more than 3500 to magodo in the evening when the map was saying 1 hour plus.

I told him not to worry, that I'm not going to magodo and he alighted from my car, meanwhile, Indriver has taken commission from the 2400 for an unsuccessful trip.

I had to write to them to refund me my money and they did.

Over little thing, the ride will be locked and your commission forcefully taken. That's bullshit!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HonourablePomk: 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
Dailyparrot:

Among all the apps, I hate Indriver the most. How can you pay for commission on a trip that didn't happen.

I picked a guy at the price of 2400 at that Simbiat Abiola Way (medical road) and his destination was Tejuosho market.

When I turned to face the way heading to Yaba, the guy was like, where are you going, this doesn't look like the direction to magodo. I was like, which magodo?

It was then he informed me that he was going to magodo and not Yaba. That the person he booked Yaba for has gotten to Yaba since.

So, it happened that he just clicked on the last destination suggestion he inputted previously and ordered.

I had to park immediately for renegotiation. He said he can't pay more than 3500 to magodo in the afternoon when the map was saying 1 hour plus.

I told him not to worry, that I'm not going to magodo and he alighted from my car, meanwhile, Indriver has taken commission of 2400 for an unsuccessful trip.

Over little thing, the ride will be locked and your commission forcefully taken. That's bullshit!

This thread has been very helpful. Please is there a WhatsApp group? Soo somebody can get real time updates.

Concerning indrive whenever I enter a deal and cancel or rider cancel, I observe indrive takes out of my balance. And also under the refund place I have some money there. Please is that refund my money or what? Cos I notice when my balance is empty they start taking negative balance instead of taking out of the refund money
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
HonourablePomk:

This thread has been very helpful. Please is there a WhatsApp group? Soo somebody can get real time updates.

Concerning indrive whenever I enter a deal and cancel or rider cancel, I observe indrive takes out of my balance. And also under the refund place I have some money there. Please is that refund my money or what? Cos I notice when my balance is empty they start taking negative balance instead of taking out of the refund money

The refund balance cannot be used to pay your commission because it's under probation period.

Uptil the time elapses and the money goes back to your normal balance, it cannot be charged.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
computerglobal:

Instant Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Recovery Of Lost Custom Papers(Instant)

Custom Duty Verification((Instant)

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HonourablePomk: 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
Dailyparrot:

The refund balance cannot be used to pay your commission because it's under probation period.

Uptil the time elapses and the money goes back to your normal balance, it cannot be charged.

Thanks. This makes sense

Since I started this business, I noticed from Thursday-Sunday are the best days for the job. Infact I noticed if I move around Ikeja I can make net of 10k in a day within 5-6 hours.

I’m deciding not to drive Mondays and Tuesday because everywhere seems to be always jam packed .

Gurus here am I right?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
Dailyparrot:

Among all the apps, I hate Indriver the most. How can you pay for commission for a trip that didn't take place.

I had to park immediately for renegotiation. He said he can't pay more than 3500 to magodo in the evening when the map was saying 1 hour plus.

I told him not to worry, that I'm not going to magodo and he alighted from my car, meanwhile, Indriver has taken commission from the 2400 for an unsuccessful trip.

We have been advised that we should always confirm destination to any passenger we are taking.
You see some of these our Lagos passengers, I no understand dem sometimes.
I've had numbers of such experience with some passengers that they will just pick destination on their map because the suggestion completes the name of the street they're going. Instead make dem pick the specific one.
Me before I move, I always confirm the destination "area" to the passenger.
For example, if the destination is 12, Williams Street, Lagos - and when I navigate and the location is at Ifako, Gbagada, I would say, "sorry, your destination is at Ifako, gbagada, right?"
That's how I always confirm once you enter my car before I even move.
Like this past week, I dey on Bode Thomas, Surulere, I saw an order going to a street at Oworonshoki and picked it, thank God I always ask for location area.
When I said, this destination is at Oworonshoki? They said no oooh, it is meant to be Ogba, that it must be a mistake.
Normal price on the address showed 2.5k for 20 mins trip, when I put the address on map to that ogba, it showed 1hr 10mins, I told them 5.5k, they said it's too much, I just cancelled straight.
What's funny was that they immediately booked on bolt to the address at ogba, bolt brought 3.2k - 3.7k for 1hrs 10mins trip. lipsrsealed
That was nonsense price tag on 25% commission.
Without surge, bolt is a total crap and that's not new, anyway.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2023
Dailyparrot:

Once a driver drives off the pick up point for like 1km, the trip must be completed.
In such situation, if the driver wants to cancel and have his commission back, he should drive back to the pick up point then click on cancel, his commission would be added to the refund purse.
If he's in a situation where he can't go to destination and can't drive back to the pick up point, the money is gone. grin
So, it is advisable to always confirm destinations to passengers before leaving the PUP.
Much respect, baba.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2023
HonourablePomk:

Thanks. This makes sense

Since I started this business, I noticed from Thursday-Sunday are the best days for the job. Infact I noticed if I move around Ikeja I can make net of 10k in a day within 5-6 hours.

I’m deciding not to drive Mondays and Tuesday because everywhere seems to be always jam packed .

Gurus here am I right?
You're right.
You enjoy the hustle more from Thursday through to Sunday.
Monday - Wednesday na rugged hustle days cos traffic is always much on these days.
Now you can see that na when person start to dey drive him go dey get the grip of the hustle, lecturing won't give all the things you need to know, na the roads go teach you.
Much respect, boss.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Adefemimoraks(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2023
I tell you
This is my feeling for this people 🤣
pope191:

One of the reason I avoid their points on right or wrong, their problems to me is spiritual.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Adefemimoraks(m): 11:01am On Mar 19, 2023
Omorr I wish I could
Avoid them will be my best option as it is
Cos the moment you don't speak anything their language, you're a gonner
RoadMozart:
Next time you go there try and make friends with one of them.

Relationship is very important in this country. Who you know is more important than what you know. Try to make friends with at least one police, one soldier, one VIO, One FRSC, and one agbero... Those people will bail you out when you least expect.

Move closer to one of those officers, all of them no fit carry strong face finish. Ask one of them for advice on what to do. Treat him nicely, but him recharge card or drink and you'll be best friends. He'll help you out of your troubles.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
Adefemimoraks:
I tell you
This is my feeling for this people 🤣

Nah so

With what I saw yesterday online and everywhere... nothing will make me pick Yoruba rider again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
pope191:

Nah so

With what I saw yesterday online and everywhere... nothing will make me pick Yoruba rider again.
😏😏😏😏😏
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Masterkleenlaun: 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Timagex(m): 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
https://www./3040268306256720/permalink/3585948308355381/

As seen on Facebook. Let's be careful o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
HonourablePomk:

Please sir can you explain the bolded in simpler terms? My driver score is now 79% and it’s attention. From next week I won’t decline trips again and through this thread I’ve learnt how to stop new trips as that affected me too.
you still dey ball now....I'm 74% we go dey rough am dey go
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SeyiJay(m): 12:51am On Mar 20, 2023
Glithronix:

😏😏😏😏😏

Truly, you're one real boss here . . . I always gbadun your very helpfuland invaluable tips that really encourage everyone in this hustle grin. I tried to PM you awhile ago but I'm not sure you got any message. Pls, i'd like to chat with you 1on 1... 0.nine.0.two.9.one.6.one.6.seven.0 [whatsapp]. I await ur 'holla'. Much respect, oga! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SeyiJay(m): 12:57am On Mar 20, 2023
NaijaSumigan:

Is there any help you can render concerning my request for hire purchase vehicle.

I really need this... Thanks

Bro, to be honest, I'm also on the look out to getting back into this business on a contract level. HP basis can have very stiff terms & conditions (I may be wrong o, not discouraging you in any way). But I hope the gurus in the house can be of great help here o! Expecting their individual responses / helpful advice sha!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NaijaSumigan: 3:01am On Mar 20, 2023
SeyiJay:

Bro, to be honest, I'm also on the look out to getting back into this business on a contract level. HP basis can have very stiff terms & conditions (I may be wrong o, not discouraging you in any way). But I hope the gurus in the house can be of great help here o! Expecting their individual responses / helpful advice sha!

Much thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jeff1607(m): 3:50am On Mar 20, 2023
bakayokoko:
Please suggest a very good pocket friendly car airfreshner.

Eva soap or any good toilet soap , puncture the pack and leave it in the car

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 6:38am On Mar 20, 2023
jeff1607:

Eva soap or any good toilet soap , puncture the pack and leave it in the car
Really? I'm hearing about this for the first time. I'll try it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 9:00am On Mar 20, 2023
pope191:

Nah so

Bro, I'm still in shock! The things my Yoruba friend and Yoruba neighbours said/did to me, will never leave my head till I die. The hatred is overwhelming!

I'm now avoiding anything Yoruba!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Josephase: 9:34am On Mar 20, 2023
Let it go bro, this things happen during election. After 3 weeks politicians won't dash them money again and they will become friends with you
Barbiturate:

Bro, I'm still in shock! The things my Yoruba friend and Yoruba neighbours said/did to me, will never leave my head till I die. The hatred is overwhelming!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2023
https://punchng.com/armed-passengers-steal-lagos-uber-drivers-car/

Kabu- kabu guys,iyana oworo, along and Co. Be guided. Especially at night.

I have never done kabu kabu in this hustle. At night ,once I can't get a rider heading my way,I'm blowing straight home. The risks always outweigh the reward. Oworo can't be more than 300 naira from Lekki.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
Barbiturate:

Just for jokes boss... I understand every reasonable person felt bad about the elections, but it is what it is. If we subject ourselves to true analysis, every tribes have their own share of blames. We all just have to let go and move on with our lives. It is very OK to approach threat or anyone that looks like one differently henceforth. In all just let love lead.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
SeyiJay:

Truly, you're one real boss here . . . I always gbadun your very helpfuland invaluable tips that really encourage everyone in this hustle grin. I tried to PM you awhile ago but I'm not sure you got any message. Pls, i'd like to chat with you 1on 1... 0.nine.0.two.9.one.6.one.6.seven.0 [whatsapp]. I await ur 'holla'. Much respect, oga! cheesy
Mistake, bro.
You're making a mistake.
Check the thread well, if you've been following the thread, you should be able to identify the senior men and legends here.
I'm a newbie, on a rental driving, not even HP.
I only share my own experience, not that I'm the same level with the people who lectured me.
I'm still learning the hustle. I'm not yet at the level to be consulted or regarded as a boss.
I'm sure you know the real bosses in the building, they're the ones you should consult.
So sorry, baba, I no dey check my mail like that unless my attention is called to it. I will check and respond.
Much respect, boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
I have tokunbo good brake disc for sale, for corolla 2003 to 2006

Come take both sides for 10k...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5166) (5167) (5168) (5169) (5170) (5171) (5172) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Barbiturate(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.