Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,828 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5101958 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) (5189) (5190) (5191) ... (5799) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by expert1(m): 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2023
Hi there!

Do you have a Matrix or vehicle with a big booth?

I need to move an item to Mokola, Ibadan from Falomo, Ikoyi Lagos (anytime you are available this week)

Please call. 08026626524
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baker77: 11:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
Barbiturate:

Sometimes we should be considerate. One lady once told me to put off the music completely and I asked why, and she said she wants to have her job meeting on zoom. I switched it off immediately. We should put ourselves in their shoes at times.

For the guy that wished drivers who overwork themselves dead, you went too far bro. There's always a better way of putting up your narrative.

For the eating in the car, I go with pearls. I usually allow them eat though but I would advise you not to stain my car. I recently carried an aged man and his wife from luth to Aguda. He was sick and he needed to eat and take his drugs. I allowed him eat his amala.....even though he stained the floor and seat, I had to clean it when they alighted and he blessed and thanked me.

In all, just be considerate. It doesn't mean you should go about taking sh1t!
After this experience,there’s nothing you can tell me I won’t allow you eat in my car..This was done by adults ooo

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Welz(m): 11:33pm On Apr 16, 2023
Barbiturate:

Sometimes we should be considerate. One lady once told me to put off the music completely and I asked why, and she said she wants to have her job meeting on zoom. I switched it off immediately. We should put ourselves in their shoes at times.

For the guy that wished drivers who overwork themselves dead, you went too far bro. There's always a better way of putting up your narrative.

For the eating in the car, I go with pearls. I usually allow them eat though but I would advise you not to stain my car. I recently carried an aged man and his wife from luth to Aguda. He was sick and he needed to eat and take his drugs. I allowed him eat his amala.....even though he stained the floor and seat, I had to clean it when they alighted and he blessed and thanked me.

I have switched off radio many times for riders to make calls, but this particular lady said she doesn't want radio, at all for no just reason

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2023
HonourablePomk:
Please guys I’m a bit mad. I ince complained of the exhaust of my Corrola hitting my car and making a metal to metal knocking sound when I’m on a bad road. I remember hearing that sound on my former Corrola then I used to think it’s the jack and tools in the boot but now I’m irritated by the sound in this my new Corrola.

My exhaust got divided into 2 some weeks ago and since then I’ve visited this panel beater to tighten my exhaust soo it stops hitting my car when I pass bad roads. I took it last week to mechanic thinking it’s not exhaust as another panel beater has viewed my exhaust and said it’s ok the mechanic said my shock is ok that it’s the exhaust. The panel beater went under the car and said done and again today after carrying 2 people in the back seat I hear the sound when I drive on a bad road.

Please is this normal as I’m not enjoying my driving experience on a bumpy road with people in back seat and hearing that metal to metal knocking sound
What are ur tyres sizes?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BestTrades: 6:01am On Apr 17, 2023

To check vin of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification ..

https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deypray: 8:49am On Apr 17, 2023
Abeg, is it only me facing this in bolt this morning.

I'm getting order notification (sound) but there's no order in the real sense. I went offline, still getting sound notification for orders.

I'm even seeing rider cancelled order. Is something wrong?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prosperity4All: 9:46am On Apr 17, 2023
Y1nka:

Most likely will register the second one for ecowas brown card so i can drive it into cotonou as well. Nothing major, just have extra cash, good mechanic, and be cautious.
Hello sir, I am interested in the ECOWAS Brown Card and understand it's a Travel insurance. First heard about it from this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpAnxjmoVI
i) Do you have information regarding where I can obtain the brown card in Lagos and cost.
ii) Besides the ECOWAS card and my vehicle papers, is there any other document needed for cross-border trips.

Crazy extortion happening at our borders. I wonder how you avoid falling victim. Is it because you are a regular face on the Lagos to Cotonou road.
Thanks in advance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2023
Welz:

I remember I once picked up a rider, immediately I started the trip she asked me to turn off my radio, I reduced it and she said I should turn it off, I just reversed and told her to request for another ride, how can I drive 1hr plus in silence. music helps to withstand traffic.

Lolz... Well this is different. Radio is part of the service u r offering, so if the Rider says u should turn It off, it not a bad thing. She reserves the right. Except she didn't say it politely. U can put ear piece and play ur music as u like. There are several reasons why she may want the radio off, so u should respect her choice.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prosperity4All: 10:03am On Apr 17, 2023
HonourablePomk:

Please is this normal as I’m not enjoying my driving experience on a bumpy road with people in back seat and hearing that metal to metal knocking sound
Drive into an inspection pit, go under your vehicle and confirm that the exhaust is suspended on all rubber hangers. If any has been replaced with wire, you will hear noise.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2023
HonourablePomk:
Please guys I’m a bit mad. I ince complained of the exhaust of my Corrola hitting my car and making a metal to metal knocking sound when I’m on a bad road. I remember hearing that sound on my former Corrola then I used to think it’s the jack and tools in the boot but now I’m irritated by the sound in this my new Corrola.

My exhaust got divided into 2 some weeks ago and since then I’ve visited this panel beater to tighten my exhaust soo it stops hitting my car when I pass bad roads. I took it last week to mechanic thinking it’s not exhaust as another panel beater has viewed my exhaust and said it’s ok the mechanic said my shock is ok that it’s the exhaust. The panel beater went under the car and said done and again today after carrying 2 people in the back seat I hear the sound when I drive on a bad road.

Check the bushing at the back tyre. The point the drum connects with the chassis of the car. U can also jack ur car and enter under and have a look for yourself. Dont always depend on what technicians are saying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2023
Pearl1910:

Lolz... Well this is different. Radio is part of the service u r offering, so if the Rider says u should turn It off, it not a bad thing. She reserves the right. Except she didn't say it politely. U can put ear piece and play ur music as u like. There are several reasons why she may want the radio off, so u should respect her choice.

Not safe.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dailyparrot: 10:11am On Apr 17, 2023
Pearl1910:

I personally find radio disturbing most of the time. So, when a rider says, turn the radio off, it's like we're operating on the same frequency.

The constant music can affect the ear though so people should take note. It's even the riders that use to ask if my radio is not working.

Please I want to ask, does Bolt include the Ikeja City Mall toll in the fare.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2023
Deypray:

I'm getting order notification (sound) but there's no order in the real sense. I went offline, still getting sound notification for orders.

grin village people... no how deh no fit enter person

Bring schnapps and bitter kola make I use wash your eyes.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deypray: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2023
It's working well now.I don settle Village people.😂

pope191:

grin village people... no how deh no fit enter person

Bring schnapps and bitter kola make I use wash your eyes.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2023
Yeye people smiley

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:12am On Apr 17, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Not safe.

How and why? If you are referring to safety, it's completely safe. Deaf and disable people drive. U only need one eye, one hand and one leg to be able to drive.

Asides that I would like to know why u say it's not safe.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:14am On Apr 17, 2023
Dailyparrot:

I personally find radio disturbing most of the time. So, when a rider says, turn the radio off, it's like we're operating on the same frequency.

The constant music can affect the ear though so people should take note. It's even the riders that use to ask if my radio is not working.

Same here. it's always a relief when the Rider says I should put off d radio. Even if they say I should reduce the radio, I just take advantage and put it off completely.

Bolt doesn't add ICM parking to d fee o. So u have to collect your money either from d person u drop off inside or the person that said u should drive in and pick them up.
But if they don't give u, collect ur receipt, complain to Bolt and upload the receipt, Bolt will refund u.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2023
Dailyparrot:

Radio can only be distraction to me while in traffic and I'm looking at my fuel gauge. Nothing in this world will make sense to me. But you see this hustle, music has been pne of the therapy that kept me going. Those 3rd mindland traffic, I'll give it to Brymo, Nas and Jayz with my old schools selection depending on mood. Once I put my ear piece on, nothing concern me and rider again. If you like off the radio or on it, I careless. I can drive for 2 days straight with good vibes. Most case I use one ear, except in some case.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:18am On Apr 17, 2023
Barbiturate:
Yeye people smiley

Lolz...I for like they ask these type of drivers some few questions.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:20am On Apr 17, 2023
Barbiturate:
Yeye people smiley

He won't go for such, but negotiate rider's initial price. Our problem nah over smart for this country.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vivalavida(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2023
Pearl1910:

How and why? If you are referring to safety, it's completely safe. Deaf and disable people drive. U only need one eye, one hand and one leg to be able to drive.

Asides that I would like to know why u say it's not safe.

Still not safe. A car might be honking and you wouldn't hear because of the earpiece in your ear.
Sometime ago a youth corper walking was crushed to death by a train at ikeja because she had her earpiece on and didn't hear the blaring horns of the train.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2023
vivalavida:

Still not safe. A car might be honking and you wouldn't hear because of the earpiece in your ear.
Sometime ago a youth corper walking was crushed to death by a train at ikeja because she had her earpiece on and didn't hear the blaring horns of the train.

I already said people with disabilities including deaf people are issued drivers licence and allowed to drive by the authorities both in Nigeria and overseas. So having ear piece on isn't a safety concern. Any car that's horning has seen u and will not jam u because u ignored his horn, if he does he will be at fault. What u need are your eyes on the road and d mirrors. Drive well and u wouldn't need to mind any bodies horning.

Comparing Someone in a car and a Pedestrian is apples and oranges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xynerise: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
Deypray:

Chat me up for the inspection report
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
Deypray:

check your network and leave that vicinity
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidpeace99: 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2023
vivalavida:

I don't like this story. Even beats by dre at it's loudest in your ears would be numb from the blaring horns of a train. It's a train oo, not a car.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vivalavida(m): 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2023
davidpeace99:

I don't like this story. Even beats by dre at it's loudest in your ears would be numb from the blaring horns of a train. It's a train oo, not a car.

https://www.nairaland.com/4394867/tears-female-corper-killed-train

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
Barbiturate:

It's not right and hygeinic in any sense for riders to eat in your car. That car is your office, you should not allow someone to mess it up despite the fact they are paying you. Your job is to get them from point A to point B with quality service not to eat in your car. I used to allow riders to eat in my car during my early days in the hustle until I battled multiple cockroaches for one full year. I fumigated and used different insecticides still they kept multiplying in the car. They feed on food particles and lay eggs in the hidden part of car. The experience I had was terrible

It's very disgusting and irritating for roaches to live in someone's car. It's a bad omen. Imagine roaches coming out from AC vents and Car seats crawling on someone body. I lost a lot of offline customers back in those days. My rating was low, I was struggling with it, till I was able to tidy up.

Bro you had better stop riders eating in your car, it's not good for the business.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
Baker77:
After this experience,there’s nothing you can tell me I won’t allow you eat in my car..This was done by adults ooo

That iis how it should be, don't allow anybody eat in your car. Me I dont eat in my car talkless of allowing someone eat in my car. My car is always sparkling neat and listed as executive on Bolt and Comfort on indrive.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
Pearl1910:

Lolz...I for like they ask these type of drivers some few questions.

Ask them question from now till eternity, they will continue to do it. Na Rida fault. They should configure the app in a way that drivers can't reduce the price, just like Indrive.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2023
GeneralZodd:

It's not right and hygeinic in any sense for riders to eat in your car. That car is your office, you should not allow someone to mess it up despite the fact they are paying you. Your job is to get them from point A to point B with quality service not to eat in your car. I used to allow riders to eat in my car during my early days in the hustle until I battled multiple cockroaches for one full year. I fumigated and used different insecticides still they kept multiplying in the car. They feed on food particles and lay eggs in the hidden part of car. The experience I had was terrible

It's very disgusting and irritating for roaches to live in someone's car. It's a bad omen. Imagine roaches coming out from AC vents and Car seats crawling on someone body. I lost a lot of offline customers back in those days. My rating was low, I was struggling with it, till I was able to tidy up.

Bro you had better stop riders eating in your car, it's not good for the business.

Ok bro. Thanks. If I ever fall into that situation again, I'll still allow the aged man eat. So if it was your dad you picked and he needed to eat and take his drugs at the needed time, you will tell him not to till you get home. Ok o!

Like I said, I'll always be considerate. I don't have roaches in my car and I'll not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
Barbiturate:

Ok bro. Thanks. If I ever fall into that situation again, I'll still allow the aged man eat. So if it was your dad you picked and he needed to eat and take his drugs at the needed time, you will tell him not to till you get home. Ok o!

Like I said, I'll always be considerate. I don't have roaches in my car and I'll not.

Nigerians with sentiments, why didn't he eat the Amala at the buka or restaurant where he bought it before entering your Car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
GeneralZodd:

Nigerians with sentiments, why didn't he eat the Amala at the buka or restaurant where he bought it before entering your Car.

Fine, this is what you should have asked ab initio.

When I got to the luth canteen, I called and the wife picked and said they are coming out. I waited for like 10 mins and they didn't come out, so I called again and she said; "Pls my son, my husband is sick and he needs to eat and take his drugs. They are still attending to us". I entered the canteen and saw that she was 2nd on the queue, that's after calling and ascertaining that she was the one. I walked up to her and told her to do it 'take away', that I can't wait for him to sit here and eat! Time is money! She bought it and they entered the car and she pleaded for him to eat it in my car cos he needed to take the drugs.....I obliged.

I don't go about allowing people eat in my car. There are exceptional cases. That's why I said, we should be considerate. I will not pick any young man or woman and allow him/her start eating amala or any swallow in my car.

Na me get my car.....na wetin I like I go do. To each his own!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) (5189) (5190) (5191) ... (5799) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.