Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4815121 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) (5189) ... (5704) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:29am On Apr 14, 2023
Pearl1910:

Transient and ephemeral monetary gratification made many of u guys to rush to Indrive and give Riders illegal advantage.
Then I also blame Bolt for blocking drivers, if not u will not see the crowd of desperate Drivers Indrive and Rida are enjoying.
Left for me, Indrive will be better than Bolt in terms of pricing. I see it as offline and I can never price offline cheaper than online trips. Thats why I have very very few offline clients. But many short sighted drivers spoilt that channel when they start comparing 25% and 10% and picking anyhow trips.
But the biggest blame goes to drivers who used to drive on Bolt, still have their bolt account but go and use Indrive and be giving nonsense prices, then now that that side has crashed they now turn around and come back to Bolt. Same people shouting Bolt is dead. If Bolt was dead where them for go now? I wish Bolt was a person.
U guys have bent ur two hands, I wonder how u intend to correct this calamity.
God no go shame us, may we continue to flourish and excel in our endeavours and no matter how forest dry, make lion still see antelope catch.

There's really nothing to correct, like I said about understanding the game. The problem here is Rida and not Indrive. It get worst that we all scatter it for each other atimes. If I am bidding for a trip like 3500 with an initial price of 2700 and one stupid person come with best bid of 2500, trust me I am going to 2300. Let all of us don't have sense. I leave it there and switch to my Indrive. I once picked a trip from Iju Rd to unilag 2k and the rider called. My question to her was, and you will enter the car if I come to pick you? grin did you even know the cost of gas? Her response was like eeeehn why did you now pick the trip. To block stupid drivers from s*icide

Assuming we only have Bolt and Indrive, trust me Bolt would have close shop. All those trips you are seeing on Rida are meant for Indrive. The moment you start seeing the last display trip on Indrive from 900m away grin a good trip is coming, riders will be the one beggin you with price. They do know how to add money when they are not seeing bid.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2023
pope191:

There's really nothing to correct, like I said about understanding the game. The problem here is Rida and not Indrive. It get worst that we all scatter it for each other atimes. If I am bidding for a trip like 3500 with an initial price of 2700 and one stupid person come with best bid of 2500, trust me I am going to 2300. Let all of us don't have sense. I leave it there and switch to my Indrive. I once picked a trip from Iju Rd to unilag 2k and the rider called. My question to her was, and you will enter the car if I come to pick you? grin did you even know the cost of gas? Her response was like eeeehn why did you now pick the trip. To block stupid drivers from s*icide

Assuming we only have Bolt and Indrive, trust me Bolt would have close shop. All those trips you are seeing on Rida are meant for Indrive. The moment you start seeing the last display trip on Indrive from 900m away grin a good trip is coming, riders will be the one beggin you with price. They do know how to add money when they are not seeing bid.
Nice one. grin grin grin grin grin
Much respect, boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2023

Instant Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Recovery Of Lost Custom Papers(Instant)

Custom Duty Verification((Instant)

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2023
pope191:

If u say Rida is bad but Indrive is good, then just leave the Rida and use the one that is good na. As for me they are both same. I am against any app that gives the Rider the power to quote their convenient price and still throw it open to more than one driver. 90% of the time they will put a low price, the only time they increase price is when there are more riders than drivers.
All those trips u think nobody is picking on Indrive, there will be a driver that will eventually pick it provided it's to a good location. If there are drivers reducing price on Rida, what makes u think those same set of drivers will not pick the rubbish fares of Indrive?
All is well. At the end of the day, drivers should use the App that pays them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2023
Lament till they kingdom come,Suzuki boys and coro boys will continue to pick non sense price as far as car no be their own.. grin grin.their slangs na (ka ana agaga)...(make we dey go ).any where belle face.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lyreek(m): 3:54pm On Apr 14, 2023
Barbiturate:

You complain about an app you don't pay Shishi as commission! You can switch to bolt or uber na. Hope you're not one of those fastest finger/reduce price/ accept any price drivers!

I don't mind if I make 10k a day on Rida.....cos I don't do cheap trips. My fuel still dey for me!

The only problem I have with Rida and even other apps is that, rider cancels even after you've called before going. Some won't even cancel when you're on your way. They wait for you to get there. I've learnt not to go to any PU above 10 mins. 10 mins still too much sef. These riders no send you. They are even more frustrated.

This hustle no sweet again. If you have other biz you can do, Pls do.

Imagine someone bidding 1200 from palm Avenue mushin to UNILAG, with all the traffic. Gmap showed about 32 mins but the app dey show 17 mins. I put 2k cos I wanted to use it to close and another driver accepted the 1200. No be juju be that? angry
Good now you understand what I’m saying some of our co-drivers self follow dey cause this thing for rida…
How person go see order of #700 naira and still pick it like na we dey do ourselves coz when riders realize they have to tone up their fares and understand that if they don’t no one will carry them then you will start see changes shey that #600 wey I post day before yesterday somebody comfortably pick am. No be ment be that? shebi na okada or keke you de drive why give people the freedom to put more frustration for your body by yourself.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2023
Rider say na 32 mins. Gmap say na 1 hr 13 mins....and could be more

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HonourablePomk: 4:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Indrive isn’t making sense anymore. Rida is the worst with that their sound I soo much dislike. Indrive map isn’t accurate anymore this days and the prices are somehow. I think the oga is just bolt. I did ShopRite Ikeja to Ogba yesterday with surge and traffic total was 5,500 naira. With that trip indrive will put like highest 2k and one driver will pick it. That was a distance of 2 hours 30 minutes yesterday. The weekend is here just watch indrive I noticed there’s a lot of indrive drivers on weekends who pick anyhow amount. It’s just because I don’t have the mind to drive in express now I would have been using only bolt

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
All of us go dey alright las las. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2023
CAR PARTICULARS

DEALER PLATE NUMBERS

CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP

CUSTOM NUMBER PLATES

DRIVER'S LICENCE

CALL/WHATSAPP: 08033539981 or 08182880902
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
pope191:
Police officer pointing to park.
Me : Officer good day sir, nah uber
Officer : tai! You uber? You too fresh for uber driver.
Me : officer see my app grin

Got short request within Lekki and drag it
Rider : Is that Mr Tojah? Please I am not there, I just want you to help me get food at Foodies and bring to the location. The money is 1200 abi? Don't worry I'll add something for you.
Me : undecided you deh whine me abi... sorry I don't do such
Rider: oya cancel nah

Trip hanging for minutes cheesy

Got to location. Rider jumped out after 5 mins, drop begs and rush back "Good afternoon o oga? Please I'm coming". 15 mins gone, rider is yet to come out grin

Gban gban, request...
Rider : please I'm waiting hurry up.
Driver doing 40 on 10 roads, almost getting to PU.
Rider call : Oga I forgot, I am dropping someone first at south, but it's not on the app
Driver : but you are going to North, what do we do as it is not included in the price
Rider : can't you drop her there? Don't worry I'll cancel.

Before jack, cut phone and cancel grin

3 ladies book ride VI to Abule Oja. Enters and start silly talks how one dude is richy than the other and the roles of each in their lives. Few mins, "I never chop since morning, nah the indomee wey I eat last night deh my belly. Ah no get money, abeg later you go send the 900 wey we take come, make I use buy spag.
One will raise alarm, wey the driver they follow. You where you go stop? Surulere, make e follow stadium. You nko? You know that Ilaje road? Nah there I deh go, make the driver follow Oworo enter.

Me : grin grin with straight face. Inside my mind, una go learn lesson today.
Rider : oga where are you going thro.
Me : going with the map
Rider : ha! Please enter thro surulere , drop her at stadium, then you will stop the two of us at Abule Oja, she will take keke.
Me : long route.
Riders : face each other, oga face wasn't inviting atall.

Rider drag price for almost 30 mins, both of us compromise. Got to destination, rider make a call "I am at the gate, payment". Oga came out to make transfer. Me looking at rider, like only God will judge you. Surulere to GRA 2k and you kept dragging this price as if the man won't pay 3k. They go devalue your price too when una finish. Waka grin

After waiting under the sun for long. Request banged, we rush it and victory at least.
Me : quickly call rider this time to show some sense of responsible driver.
Rider : I booked for a friend, wait! Let me give her your number
Me : OK! Waiting for call...
After few minutes
Rider call : she say she's not ready. I have to cancel

Moral down, werey don hear real price grin

Rider : I just booked your ride, where are you?
Driver : chevron
Rider : come to Agungi, call me when you get to the gate

Nah the gate we still deh like this, rider is not picking her calls. grin

On a trip.
Rider : please I need to get food at Chicken Republic
Driver : OK
Here we are at Chicken Republic
Rider : please can you get the food for me? See what I'm wearing is short
Me : grin I'm not meant to leave my car for any reason. Inside my mind, you mirror break for house grin
Some riders will go get the food, while some we get angry and say don't worry, let's go. Strong face all through the trip. Your problem grin but one shock me, still went in and get coke and meat pie for me. Don't ask me if I wack em.

Driver : Good day sir, ma? I am at your office now, please come and get your cake.
Package owner : enter the reception ask for kike
Me : Madam, my job is to bring your stuff to you and not be stepping out of my car, if you are sending someone or not to come get it, let me know.
Package owner : cut call
Sender call : please oga be calm, I am arranging for someone to come and get it
Me : grin me that I am not happy before, you went to be telling me to come up or come to your hotel room. Dispatch rider will take same amount only to show up the next day or go rest under tree at bonny camp grin

And for the ones that will book and end up being 5/6 when you get to PU, only to tell you that's how we came or that's how we've been taking it. I go get una time one day.

Diary of an e- hailing driver grin
Only God know how you meet all this ridiculous riders.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
Deypray:
How do you make money inside this Lagos traffic( esp around 2pm?
Some even work till 11pm.
Hei God. I can't lift my RIGHT LEG AGAIN.😭 I've been asking myself if it's really worth it.

I took my time to curate some curses as txt and sent to a rider today. After I got to her PU, She cancelled and switched off her phone. This was someone I called before coming.

Those that claim to make a NET profit of 20k daily. How? .

The work will humble you.... This week has been expenses galore from servicing, buying of tyres to buying of lining for the car...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Deypray:
Bro, it's so pathetic. Full-time drudgery on rida. If not for bolt commission. No one comes close.

no one at all.... Yesterday I was at yabatech and. Rider was given 3300 to magodo phase 1 and I was negotiating the last price which is 4000 so to close for the day and this rider was still rejecting it... I on my bolt and set destination to Berger and bold gave me ikeja... Trip ended more than one hour... But ask client to pay #3800 and gave him compensation of #800 which means trip ended #4600 imagine if it was magodo or Berger...... The only issues with Bolt is commission.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
pope191:

My problem with both is honestly not knowin what is coming. I understand the cancel and you cancel part. Seem like unnecessary drag for me
This part is so scaring especially when you chasing bonus.... When trip drop like your heartbeat go change like what's this now..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2023
Deypray:
Seriously, the competition on rida is what's giving the hustle away. I think this is why the op said rida is bullshit. Imagine going from Berger to apapa for 3.5k. the rider reduced it to 2.8k. I uninstalled rida immediately.

How many 10minutes trip you'll see unless it's your car and you're not pressured about daily target. As a newbie self, my experience in past month. I can say bolt is not their mate, and I've learnt to hit the road on days where I get 4k bonus.(at least it will pay part of my commission). No bonus, no trip. Make I kno go breakdown.

If no Bonus work with Indrive but no to dey greedy..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
Viking07:
Bolt is currently on a blocking spree in Abuja. The just introduced a new update where your minimum acceptance/confirmation rate must be 60% and above. Otherwise you get blocked. Una no dey experience same for Lagos?
Almost everyone in my WhatsApp group don collect. 😆
We’ve switched to Uber.
waiting happen this person deserve block industry...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
HonourablePomk:
Indrive isn’t making sense anymore. Rida is the worst with that their sound I soo much dislike. Indrive map isn’t accurate anymore this days and the prices are somehow. I think the oga is just bolt. I did ShopRite Ikeja to Ogba yesterday with surge and traffic total was 5,500 naira. With that trip indrive will put like highest 2k and one driver will pick it. That was a distance of 2 hours 30 minutes yesterday. The weekend is here just watch indrive I noticed there’s a lot of indrive drivers on weekends who pick anyhow amount. It’s just because I don’t have the mind to drive in express now I would have been using only bolt

I don't get.....You did 2 hrs 30 mins for 5500 and you think it's a good deal? Even with surge? If you say it's traffic, then it's still not a good deal. Always check for traffic on Gmap before embarking on a trip.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2023
Indrive reduced the minimum fare bar, so it emboldened more riders to quote fares that are not market compliant.

The losers are the Moove management because they are not aware their espressos are marking time on the Indrive app.
Because, you can't spend on car maintenance from your pocket and go back to the same road and take crap fares.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
Uber is a no for me right now, I can't imagine getting into the berger gridlock without getting a heads up initially.

Took a trip from v.i to magodo yesterday on Bolt, took us 3 hrs to destination. Trip ended 9k+.. I know there's no way any Indrive rider can quote that initially. It was a very tiring drive, the traffic n all.
It's suicide to plunge into that berger gridlock without adequate compensation,
I sensed today's traffic was going to be hellish. I was already at home by 2pm.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
northbird:
Uber is a no for me right now, I can't imagine getting into the berger gridlock without getting a heads up initially.

Took a trip from v.i to magodo yesterday on Bolt, took us 3 hrs to destination. Trip ended 9k+.. I know there's no way any Indrive rider can quote that initially. It was a very tiring drive, the traffic n all.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:09pm On Apr 14, 2023
Glithronix:

Nice one. grin grin grin grin grin
Much respect, boss.

Nah so boss grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2023
northbird:

9k+, trust me, a indrivercan get 7k for that. I have been thro all these before. Just got tired of being in heavy traffic with an irritating rider. Please off the radio or the ones that will make call for two hours as you will have to be listening to an unending convo.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:14pm On Apr 14, 2023
obinoral1179:
This part is so scaring especially when you chasing bonus.... When trip drop like your heartbeat go change like what's this now..

grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
pope191:

grin

Y'all will learn a lesson
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
Barbiturate:

I don't get.....You did 2 hrs 30 mins for 5500 and you think it's a good deal? Even with surge? If you say it's traffic, then it's still not a good deal. Always check for traffic on Gmap before embarking on a trip.

He is trying to say if it was Indrive, Rider will be quoting 2k and u will think it's okay since the distance isn't long, only to end up spending 2hrs plus on a 2k trip.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
obinoral1179:
Only God know how you meet all this ridiculous riders.

You guys came on board when Tojahh don use head clear bush. Drivers have regard and respect unlike before. Barely any driver that will tell you he has not experienced what I post. Before self one is shy to let people know he does e-hailing because the stigma that was attached to it. I don't do offline and my neighbours know I am the wrong person to call needlessly for trip. Book a ride and go your way, I've learnt not to bring familiarity to my source of livelihood.

You are in the period of riders begging you not to cancel trips and if you are coming. I doubt if you have ever slept for like 4 hours in search of trips. My brother those days weren't funny, sometimes you go back home feeling so dejected.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
Pearl1910:

He is trying to say if it was Indrive, Rider will be quoting 2k and u will think it's okay since the distance isn't long, only to end up spending 2hrs plus on a 2k trip.

Yes I get, that's why I said he should check on Gmap before moving. Don't trust the duration on the App.(check the screenshots I posted before)

This is why I like Rida. I can cancel trip immediately after starting trip and seeing the traffic. No charges. Nothing will happen. I will just tell you I'm not going again. If you insist or plead, we will renegotiate.
Try this on bolt, your DS score go dey drop till dem block you. Try on Indrive, they charge you

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
tojahh:

Y'all will learn a lesson

I deh tell u... grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
pope191:

You guys came on board when Tojahh don use head clear bush. Drivers have regard and respect unlike before. Barely any driver that will tell you he have not experienced what I post. Before self one is shy to let people know he does e-hailing because the stigma that was attached to it. I don't do offline and my neighbours know I am the wrong person to call needless for trip. Book a ride and go your way, I've learnt not to bring familiarity to my source of livelihood.

You are in the period of riders begging you not to cancel trips and if you are coming. I doubt if you have ever slept for like 4 hours in search of trips. My brother those days weren't funny, sometimes you go back home feeling so dejected i embarassed embarassed .

Any driver that hasn't experienced those cases should be a part time driver.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
73O9:

Any driver that hasn't experienced those cases should be a part time driver.

Ah deh tell you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) (5189) ... (5704) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: PeterZoom, Gentlelife50(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.