Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4756170 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5255) (5256) (5257) (5258) (5259) (5260) (5261) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BigCee0: 9:39am On Jun 02, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Imagine as a driver in Lagos, taking advice from an office worker in portharcourt... Are you not mad?

This thing wey dey do you nah illiteracy & low self-esteem

Living a life of comparison just feel better.

People like you won't try comparing yourself with 1M earners, because nah depression & suicidal thoughts.

Leave that illiteracy circle & meet people working remotely from home & earning 1-5M monthly.... Learn soft work (Digital skills)
Copywriters are grossing averagely 800k monthly...

Programmers & tech expert are grossing millions monthly

You dey here dey shout salary earners...
Chaii Illiteracy, you do this one ooo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:42am On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:
No way! These Apps need to do something about the pricing. I'm still seeing the old prices and it's ridiculous.

You can't survive this, its a rat race. You will suffer, your car will suffer, mechanic will cashout on you, fuel station will become richer due to your constant patronage, you will burn out, you won't have money to fix your car when it breakdown! This I have seen.

If you don't use your head, walahi, OYO.

Majority of the riders don't care. They still want to maintain old price, the ones that want to add money will offer 500 to 1k extra. Is it for garri or ewa?

I charged one 12k to airport from Sangotedo, she say no, na 8500 on the App she go pay, another one 10k to Ogudu, she say never, few minutes later the guy that needed the ride called back that I should come. That's the only trip I've managed to do today.

Chat/calling every now and then to renegotiate is exhausting, I can't keep up. They should just do the needful abeg.

Now u are seeing clearly, o craze like mad. If I use full tank every 2 days. It means I will be dashing filling station 14k every 2 days with same price. Can't werk.

Renegotiating price is another way of insult, not even the way deh drop phone on you and call back after tot. I am not begging for food, let the app coy work on their app.

A rider was telling me yesterday that initial price was 2800, but she reduce it to 2400 and if we will have to do anything it will be the 2800 on the app. Inside my mind, I was like you wicked oo, still reducing price at time like this? One use bus stop as landmark because address did not pop up... madam this is not time for all those nonsense.

Before I can use first trip of 4k within 1 hr to settle fuel. Now you can drive for 5 hours to do 15k to get fuel momey. It is not just worth thinking abeg. I pity for those on rental, barely anything will be left for them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:00am On Jun 02, 2023
northbird:
If you are on Bolt. Park the car and sit @ home today. Life transforming ideas won't hit you while sitting on the wheels.
Don't waste precious 488 fuel on evening rush traffic....

In the immediate, this is the only solution. Park the car and observe.
For those on hp and rentals, it still boils down to the reality people tend to avoid ..

You are in a racket that if you miss work for just 5 days,you are going to feel the full impact on your income. That's why you still see a lot of drivers working. They can't miss work for 3 days. it's doom for them.

If 488/l remains and no significant fare change,this is the end of ehailing for me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2023
northbird:

For those on hp and rentals, it still boils down to the reality people tend to avoid ..

You are in a racket that if you miss work for just 5 days,you are going to feel the full impact on your income. That's why you still see a lot of drivers working. They can't miss work for 3 days. it's doom for them.

If 488/l remains and no significant fare change,this is the end of ehailing for me.

If partners don’t increase fare to match the current fuel prices, na jonzing with the prices am seeing on the app. Even with surge sef na die.

Like cheerful said 30mins 4-5K, 1hr - 7k+. Imagine airport rd to festac 2800 chaii.

Same trip on bolt na 3200-4K , after 25% driver is left with 3K.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2023
Avoid dead driving
Avoid long pickup
Avoid app price.

Ire ooooooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:18am On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:
Avoid dead driving
Avoid long pickup
Avoid app price.

Ire ooooooooooooo

Jami agba, wetin be the scope to renegotiate price.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Welz(m): 10:21am On Jun 02, 2023
victor abeg try and be calming down grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:24am On Jun 02, 2023
Welz:

Zero joy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2023
Welz:

The driver went from 0-100 real quick. cheesy I understand his frustration but everything no be fight.

Diplomacy is key atimes. You'll be surprised another driver may end up carrying that guy for the same 6k or slightly lower.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Jami agba, wetin be the scope to renegotiate price.
Baba na to go straight to the point o. On Indrive, I don't call them, I drop chat and tell them we need to renegotiate. I no they call make Indrive no charge me.

And for those that call immediately upon accepting, I they tell them straight say wetin they app no fit work.

You either agree or cancel. You no fit beat me. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:43am On Jun 02, 2023
BigCee0:

This thing wey dey do you nah illiteracy & low self-esteem

Living a life of comparison just feel better.

People like you won't try comparing yourself with 1M earners, because nah depression & suicidal thoughts.

Leave that illiteracy circle & meet people working remotely from home & earning 1-5M monthly.... Learn soft work (Digital skills)
Copywriters are grossing averagely 800k monthly...

Programmers & tech expert are grossing millions monthly

You dey here dey shout salary earners...
Chaii Illiteracy, you do this one ooo
Ewu. Do you earn 800k monthly? No. Do you earn 1m monthly? No. Do you have money to learn any skill? No.

Why don't you go back to winning your normal 2000 naira on sport betting. You dey block my timeline from seeing better comments with your congenital idiocy. Snakes are having meeting, earthworm dey find attention.

If you don't have sub to bet today, you can let me know. I'll sub for you so you can fuck_ off.

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:48am On Jun 02, 2023
Look at the idiot disturbing my mentions. Person wey need help

Stupid, do something about your account in red.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:56am On Jun 02, 2023
northbird:

Like I keep saying, conditions now are better than before fuel increment. You've not just seen it. I've grossed 90k in the last two days without doing any extra work apart from bidding on trips that meet my strategy.

I Divide my hour by 7k or simply do 100 naira per minute.

I have about 13 hours to work or 60mins x 13 which is 780 mins.

Each minute is 100 naira which is a potential 78,000

All I need out of the 78k is only 45k. It guides me in choosing and bidding trips.

This thing is a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 10:58am On Jun 02, 2023
northbird:

The challenge is that those app companies work strictly with data and NOT the few messages drivers are sending to them to consider their plight. As long as guys continue working, to them it's business as usual and those sending messages are the lazy ones.
I was in island on Tuesday when the surge was high 2.x. Riders ran to indrive, unfortunately nobody to pick. I stayed on bolt using side eye to observe indrive. One had to request on bolt when nobody was picking.
In summary, don't be at the mercy of anybody whether individual or company. Get to the point where you can have options in your endeavor. I remembered happily resigning 2 months into a job some years back when the owner was giving me unreasonable targets.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:05am On Jun 02, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Like I keep saying, conditions now are better than before fuel increment. You've not just seen it. I've grossed 90k in the last two days without doing any extra work apart from bidding on trips that meet my strategy.

All I need out of the 78k is only 45k. It guides me in choosing and bidding trips.

Please how much did you gross yesterday and today. Let's leave Tuesday and Wednesday, heaven knows I will 90 at most on those days. Right now roads are free somewhat because people are yet to recover from the shock.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Larry1960: 11:06am On Jun 02, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Are you earning above #500k?
Are you driving already?
grin

I don't drive , but I initially wanted to invest some fleet of cars before on Uber.

As for whether I earn 500k I don't earn that as a salary earner I resigned form my work because of the trash salary I was earning.
What I currently do now is land banking . Buying and reselling of lands. This Land banking they bring me profit of 600k/ monthly
My lands dey fetch me 7Million Naira yearly
Due to appreciation
Right now I fit piss on my ex boss face

Salary work na thrash It did not make me Rich today na land banking I take make am today

To hell with 8-5pm salary work

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2023
TheModerator:
dav1002. Please don't be distracted by the last few pages. Retrieve your car from cheerfulgiver asap. I told you nothing but the truth earlier without prejudice.
Two animals.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2023
Pearl1910:
Back to d main issue affecting ehailing drivers.

There is no doubt, this fuel price increment will affect the take home of drivers generally speaking.

It is now left for u as an individual to reason how u will manueaver ur way around it, or settle with what u get or u quit.
I will not tell u what to do, if u carry app price and it still pays u, all well and good. Bolt has doubled bonus, and if that's okay by you, that's fine by me. Indrive prices always goes up when bolt prices goes up, and people still request. That means people are willing to pay double the current rates only if the prices are fixed that way. If the app companies dont increase price, don't dull yourself.

Overall transportation business can never die, and it can never run at a lose, so use ur head. I will not tell anyone what to do.

Bia UCHE come give complete update now.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:08am On Jun 02, 2023
pope191:

Please how much did you gross yesterday and today. Let's leave Tuesday and Wednesday, heaven knows I will 90 at most on those days. Right now roads are free somewhat because people are yet to recover from the shock.

Not gone online today
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:09am On Jun 02, 2023
CheerfulGiver:

Maybe on the island.. this my area for mainland, indrive riders here don't want danfo and keke and yet they still quote funny fares.. some will even be on the same quote for 2 hours plus.. I am amazed sometimes..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2023
northbird:

Maybe on the island.. this my area for mainland, indrive riders here don't want danfo and keke and yet they still quote funny fares.. some will even be on the same quote for 2 hours plus.. I am amazed sometimes..
I guess it's mainland.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2023
CheerfulGiver:

Not gone online today
Bro, permit me to ask... How much fuel did you use to gross this? And before now you gross almost same figure; how much do you use then?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:22am On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:
Bro, permit me to ask... How much fuel did you use to gross this? And before now you gross almost same figure; how much do you use then?
I had fuel from day before yesterday in tank before I bought another 30l at 15k. Now I have about half tank left. Which is worth 25k.

In a week I buy 150l and always have fuel for monday
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Does anyone else think this is just word salad? cheesy How much fuel did you use to make 47k. Simple question

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 11:32am On Jun 02, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
I had fuel from day before yesterday in tank before I bought another 30l at 15k. Now I have about half tank left. Which is worth 25k.

In a week I buy 150l and always have fuel for monday
30ltrs @185 is 5550, that should gross about 35+k on a normal working condition.

How much will 30ltrs @#15000 gross for you now? Factoring in the old ride prices.

Because the way I see it, except the price of ride increases, you will still be making same 35k+ gross on 15k fuel.

I'm just trying to understand how it's working for you, so I/we can adjust.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2023
konkoabove:

The challenge is that those app companies work strictly with data and NOT the few messages drivers are sending to them to consider their plight. As long as guys continue working, to them it's business as usual and those sending messages are the lazy ones.
I was in island on Tuesday when the surge was high 2.x. Riders ran to indrive, unfortunately nobody to pick. I stayed on bolt using side eye to observe indrive. One had to request on bolt when nobody was picking.
In summary, don't be at the mercy of anybody whether individual or company. Get to the point where you can have options in your endeavor. I remembered happily resigning 2 months into a job some years back when the owner was giving me unreasonable targets.

You are getting the point, I have always said it that apps company just don't increase price, they do it systematically after deliberation. The problem here are the drivers. Over look trips, all the trip they are picking can't obviously work on renegotiation, with time riders won't even answer them. You saw the price before picking is what you will be hearing. If you over look trips surge will app with time because demand will be greater, but no we keep dragging trip.

Yesterday I got a request from a client to pick up sometim at Ogudu road and drop at his home, same Ogudu. He start with 5k as payment, but we were still able to reach a better price atleast and I still picked a trip of 4k to Maryland on my way to Ogudu from Berger. On th app to see things and the situation out here, I was only able to gross 18k on indrive plus the 4k, because I was cherry picking trips that still doesn't amount to anything, tho a slight shift. Giving them the last price on the app. My last trip around 9 was to Berger. I picked it by mistake (2400 ) and we start having argument of 2800. Las Las I told her to pay 3k from GRA. On the norms that is what I use to pick such trips from GRA to Berger 2800/3000.

The app will adust with time, but on till then, I'll be observing or might drive on Sunday if I'm bored.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:
Does anyone else think this is just word salad? cheesy How much fuel did you use to make 47k. Simple question

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:45am On Jun 02, 2023
Itsrm:
werey. Why you no go drive make 47k find out by yourself... Idiot

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:

How much will 30ltrs @#15000 gross for you now? Factoring in the old ride prices.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:47am On Jun 02, 2023
ReadaDream:
30ltrs @185 is 5550, that should gross about 35+k on a normal working condition.

Because the way I see it, except the price of ride increases, you will still be making same 35k+ gross on 15k fuel.

If you fill your tank and gross 35k plus, how much fuel did you use?

I bought fuel 15k grossed 47k and have half tank left. How much fuel did I use?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ObelawoOT: 11:48am On Jun 02, 2023
Are you in need of a car for e-hailing business, Do you stay around Ojodu Berger axis, there’s a Camry04 available for rental, kindly contact 09036764431.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5255) (5256) (5257) (5258) (5259) (5260) (5261) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.