Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4746387 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5283) (5284) (5285) (5286) (5287) (5288) (5289) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:32am On Jun 08, 2023
Glithronix:
Bought fuel 10k (20Ltr) yesterday.
I rolled out @past 11 and got my first trip before 11:30am.
Grossed = 35k (excluding extra charges of 3.2k).
Fuel still remains that could get me more income. I could easily have made extra 10k without even sweating, but once I hit that 35k, I lost appetite to do more work. I no like putting strength in week days work, except weekends. cool
It's very obvious that 10k fuel equal to 35k gross on weekdays for me (which is very, very satisfying for me oooh).
I think I'm okay like that.
But on a serious note, indrive really needs to increase their fare. I was seeing different trips of 1hr 30 mins and prices were btw 4.5k & below 6k. Who does that?
The era of these kinda prices should have gone with the past fuel price.
I just hope change-in-fare hits indrive before this month end. Cos e no make sense, seriously.
I got notification from bolt with the changes they've made in base fare in reaction to the fuel subsidy removal. Though I ain't coming back to them grin, but that's the way to go.
Much respect, bosses.

Cc: Pope191

Good day sir.

I love this as it rekindle my hope though I am in Abuja and just started last week before the subsidy removal, now with subsidy gone and fuel at 537, it made me to lose interest as it seem i cannot make any profit, but reading your post is motivating me.

Pls quick one, did you use bolt to gross the 35k? If no, pls which app did you use?

Were all the trips online or there were some offline trips included?

I humbly crave for your reply sir.
Thanks in anticipation

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Here in Lagos, shorter trips cost more than longer ones. Study how the fares in Abuja are and calculate how much you make in one hr compared to 15 - 30 mins

I feel so privileged to have you replied me, thanks boss.

Pls when you say shorter trips cost more than longer trips, do you mean shorter trips pay more (is more profitable for driver than longer trips)?

Also, what's your advice regarding using of bolt app? As that's the only app I use.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Indriver fares are already increased. It's traffic that makes it look as if the fares are bad. Remove traffic and see. Choose shorter trips and see magic
True shorter trips on indriver is bae, especially in the evenings.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kewelljoseph(m): 9:59am On Jun 08, 2023
I’ve got a clean 2014 registered 2014 Corolla sport for sale, car is in prestine condition owners stays in lekki and rarely drove the car sef!

Condition: Clean ( non - accidental) baked on first body!

Color : Grey

Mileage: 43k

Faults: None

Price: 5.7M negotiable

No: 07062604475 ( call or whatsApp )

P.s : All papers are intact and this car is way better than some tokunbo I see out here goin for over 7M, owner didn’t drive it much before traveling abroad.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Welz(m): 10:00am On Jun 08, 2023
Emeskhalifa:

Ok noted boss but how much of time will it take for the fuel to finish? Will I be able to get the 38k for fuel before it finishes?

Good morning sir
you are in abuja, take advice from abuja drivers..there is someone here im not sure if this is how his name is spelt....vikings

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:04am On Jun 08, 2023
Deypray:
Bros, do you think this strike is affecting bolt in anyway?

I didn't know of the strike yesterday, until one of the association members ordered a ride. We met and he cancelled it before starting the ride. His aim was to order as many rides on bolt that day( I was 25th) and later cancel and reprove or educate drivers on the importance of total compliance. we later discussed on how this strike should be followed through to the end. He added me to their group. I felt it's better to just call it a day and join the strike action.(done 2 trips before)

In this Lagos, there should be more than 10k drivers....The association claims to have 3k members in their database. What's the way forward. A more practicable way.

Any form of unionism is voluntary. When people are being compelled to participate then you're no different from the dictator you're fighting.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InvestorsMind: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2023
N4m Naira available to buy one or two cars for uber?

Which car is the best and what's the price?

A friend mention Toyota Sienna for within states, another mentioned Toyota Corolla for uber.

Expected weekly income?

What's your suggestion?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 10:08am On Jun 08, 2023
pope191:

You don try... did 34300 yesterday, so pained I have to drive empty from Surulere to Berger. Spent almost an hour searching till the rain start to pour. Saw trips on my way tho, but that rain was something else, thinking thro ditches and unforeseen distasteful event, just felt it's best I find my way home.
Soft work. Well done, boss. 🙌
@bold; best decision. It is better, boss. For those who understand.
God no go shame us.
Much respect, baba. 🙇‍♂️

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 10:09am On Jun 08, 2023
Pearl1910:

Approximately 200km should be 20litres fuel.
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ceenelly(m): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2023
Gentlelife50:

If you stay on the mainland just find your way to oyinbo, it should be around 8-10k.
But I advice you go for new ones, front is usually 30 to 35k then back 20k.
thanks very much, I stay in Benin city. You stated 8- 10k and 30 to 35. Am a bit confuse
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 10:21am On Jun 08, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
Indriver fares are already increased. It's traffic that makes it look as if the fares are bad. Remove traffic and see. Choose shorter trips and see magic
Yeah. Little fare increase is there but they can still do better. cheesy
I can relate with those shorter trips but that will make me do plenty number of trips to hit my target.
Yesterday, I only did 7 trips and that's exactly what I dey gbadun pass. And I'm very selective, I should be in the top 4 of that. cheesy
My 1st trip yesterday was @11:30am and last trip was 9pm finished before 10pm. That's just 11hrs work. I no get strength to go many places. embarassed
At least, I dey try small small, abi? cheesy
Much respect, boss. 🙌

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:22am On Jun 08, 2023
Emeskhalifa:

Ok noted boss but how much of time will it take for the fuel to finish? Will I be able to get the 38k for fuel before it finishes?

Good morning sir

This is my perception of time Viz distance.
Lekki to airport, free road, 45 mins to 1hr for 8 to 10k is a good deal. Long distance, short time, free road. Your car should do that trip at optimum efficiency, about 4 litres.
Short time trips usually translate to free roads. If I see a 5km trip for 20 minutes I'll reject it because that's not efficient use of that time.
In the mornings I can blow empty from VI to chisco or Osapa to get a trip back to vi, it usually takes about 10 minutes but the distance is about 9km.
On Sundays you will see long 6km pickup but time is 5 minutes. E get why.
Since Sunday i haven't bought topped up with more than 20k on any day. It's not as far fetched as people make it seem.
If you sincerely want to optimize, keep an open mind and a positive mindset. It works wonders.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2023
Ceenelly:
thanks very much, I stay in Benin city. You stated 8- 10k and 30 to 35. Am a bit confuse
Haaa, nothing confusing there.
That's price for toks and new one, though here in Lagos sha

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2023
Emeskhalifa:

Good day sir.

I love this as it rekindle my hope though I am in Abuja and just started last week before the subsidy removal, now with subsidy gone and fuel at 537, it made me to lose interest as it seem i cannot make any profit, but reading your post is motivating me.

Pls quick one, did you use bolt to gross the 35k? If no, pls which app did you use?

Were all the trips online or there were some offline trips included?

I humbly crave for your reply sir.
Thanks in anticipation
Good day, sire.
I use indrive only.
Anybody you see grosses between 45k - 50k and above on Bolt/Uber on normal day, consult them on those apps cos them be the real legends.
Much respect, boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Haaa, nothing confusing there.
That's price for toks and new one, though here in Lagos sha
Wey ndi audio money? Have they spent all their money without crediting our accounts? Pearl1910, have they paid u?
It looks their will be sanity on this thread today.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:51am On Jun 08, 2023
This fuel hike is biting very hard o. Big men sef don drop car for house dey order Uber. Convoy don reduce. Roads are free. Or is there a strike or public holiday I am not aware of?
Food and transportation business will always thrive no matter the matter.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deypray: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2023
But how will these coys get the message when most drivers even shun the strike. Is this not for our collective good?

XGhost:

Any form of unionism is voluntary. When people are being compelled to participate then you're no different from the dictator you're fighting.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 10:58am On Jun 08, 2023
CheerfulGiver:
dey play
You wish. Gross this, gross that... Lawma truck go stand pass that your car by now. Hope you sha saving enough to buy new one. Congrats.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2023
Deypray:
But how will these coys get the message when most drivers even shun the strike. Is this not for our collective good?

It's a matter of perspective, principles and choice. I reserve the right to entertain independent thought and action. I don't agree with what they are doing so I don't partake. I also will not hinder them from doing it, it's their choice. So they shouldn't impede mine.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deypray: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2023
This is my 3rd month in this biz...seems some of the bosses are used to the drudgery and slavery.

But I'll advice we join this train. Let's make this bussiness more profitable for everyone.(especially the drivers).

We have come to that stage where this bussiness should be considered as luxury and not for every cat and dog.

CheerfulGiver:
Dey play.

Una no do Pepda abi pedpa again? Na awunta now abi? Ok. Continue

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peacefulhome(f): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2023
dapotemi:

Very correct sir..I was listening to Nig info on radio today and the anchor, Mr Sheriff was asking what the people needs from govt to cushion the effect of this subsidy removal..A woman called and said if govt can give her one big bag of rice, a big bag of beans and a bag of garri, she'll be very okay..At first, Sheriff was trying to convince her that she needs MORE but she was adamant..I was seriously laughing while driving to work...On a second thought and after a deeper reflection, she was right and the man that says she needed more was absolutely right, in their own way..Your write up seems to resonate with my thought! You see, our realities are diff, our NEEDS and WANTS will always be diff...While some decided to drive to solve generational prob, others drive to fulfill basic needs..Your reality is someone's dream and vice versa..I may decide to sit in an air condition office and do some brain tasking work to get 2k per day but I won't leave it and go and dig a borehole for 2,500 per day..One is good for me, the other might be good for you...You might be seeing the extra 500 naira and be thinking of all the prob you can solve with it, I might be looking at you as a lunatic, not because I cant dig a borehole but because I can't do it for less than 20k!Those who decided to park, survey and those who feels the future of the biz is not bright are not fools and those that think this is the time to catch out, well might be okay.
But one thing is not right, the insult, curse, using obscene language against people you don't know, whom you may never see, is absurd..Pls, let's end it, it drives normal people away from here, leaving only lunatic...Don't be the last man standing in a psychiatric ward!

Do you sit with the elders? More wisdom boss.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2023
Pearl1910:
This fuel hike is biting very hard o. Big men sef don drop car for house dey order Uber. Convoy don reduce. Roads are free. Or is there a strike or public holiday I am not aware of?
Food and transportation business will always thrive no matter the matter.
I told them on this thread that demand will increase, but the oluwole certificate holders that can't think critically said there'll be 300% decrease.

Make Dem dey play

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:05am On Jun 08, 2023
Glithronix:

Good day, sire.
I use indrive only.
Anybody you see grosses between 45k - 50k and above on Bolt/Uber on normal day, consult them on those apps cos them be the real legends.
Much respect, boss.

Thanks boss. I appreciate you sir.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2023
DonJoeSneh:
You wish. Gross this, gross that... Lawma truck go stand pass that your car by now. Hope you sha saving enough to buy new one. Congrats.
Nothing concern you with my life. Swerve

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2023
Deypray:
This is my 3rd month in this biz...seems some of the bosses are used to the drudgery and slavery.

But I'll advice we join this train. Let's make this bussiness more profitable for everyone.(especially the drivers).

We have come to that stage where this bussiness should be considered as luxury and not for every cat and dog.

Come drag me join na
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:07am On Jun 08, 2023
XGhost:

This is my perception of time Viz distance.
Lekki to airport, free road, 45 mins to 1hr for 8 to 10k is a good deal. Long distance, short time, free road. Your car should do that trip at optimum efficiency, about 4 litres.
Short time trips usually translate to free roads. If I see a 5km trip for 20 minutes I'll reject it because that's not efficient use of that time.
In the mornings I can blow empty from VI to chisco or Osapa to get a trip back to vi, it usually takes about 10 minutes but the distance is about 9km.
On Sundays you will see long 6km pickup but time is 5 minutes. E get why.
Since Sunday i haven't bought topped up with more than 20k on any day. It's not as far fetched as people make it seem.
If you sincerely want to optimize, keep an open mind and a positive mindset. It works wonders.

Your last sentence is the real deal every beginner needs. Thank you boss, I will stay positive as they say positive thoughts attract positive energy.

Thanks once again.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2023
Welz:

you are in abuja, take advice from abuja drivers..there is someone here im not sure if this is how his name is spelt....vikings

Good day boss. Thanks I have seen him posted once or twice here recently, I will ransack this group till I get to his post. Thanks sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:10am On Jun 08, 2023
Gentlelife50:

True shorter trips on indriver is bae, especially in the evenings.
Una never fully understand wetin I dey enjoy.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 11:11am On Jun 08, 2023
I canceled many trips yesterday and declined many but my driver's score and confirmation rate didn't drop at all, does it mean bolt have stopped penalizing drivers?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DonJoeSneh(m): 11:20am On Jun 08, 2023
In anything you do, drive with Indriver o, Bolt o, Uber o, Rida o, Kinikan kinikan. Buy fuel at #200/ltr, 400/ltr, 500/ltr, 600/ltr...Drive from morning to night, evening to dawn......

Never forget the Golden rule.... Any amount of fuel you buy must gross you x4 of that money. Once you buy fuel of 10k, make sure you gross 40k with it. Gaskia.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 11:31am On Jun 08, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:46am On Jun 08, 2023
Indrive, do better app abeg. See small rida

(1) (2) (3) ... (5283) (5284) (5285) (5286) (5287) (5288) (5289) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: BAZ001, SHOOPSYN(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.