Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4781032 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5290) (5291) (5292) (5293) (5294) (5295) (5296) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2023
Crvrider:

Some of them don't know what mental slavery is and then he went ahead and wrote an epistle defining slavery and employee. How many of us dey read terms and conditions while downloading apps...did he? And he is talking about agreement.

My expenses before the fuel increase:
Fuel: 8000/185 = 43Ltrs
InDrive commission: 2k
Total expenses: 10k

Expenses after fuel increase:
Fuel: 43Ltr x 488 = 20,984
InDrive commission= 2k
Total expenses: 22,984

Will the work rate be the same? With this I will have to work more to cover my expenses before I start to work for any form of profit. Yet he talks about making more money now than before.

I honestly won't like to get into this drag going on here, but inbetween I think facts should not be distorted. I am still in the learning process and won't like to jump into what I don't know, but ever since the subidy thing, I've been giving it a second tot from my position of thinking the work is no longer worth it.

Prices are no longer the same, the traffic rate is not the same. Tho a bit stressful compare to what it used to be. Before, I don't go beyond 100/120k weekly, but all factors being equal, I hope to gross 160k doing 4 and half days. The only issue here is, the better chunk of the money goes to fuel. Like I always say, almost everyone is feeling it, VI peeps are merging trips. It's a period in our country we all just have to sacrifice and hope for better price and balace as things unfold. Thank you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by wole212(m): 9:26am On Jun 10, 2023
I greet Bosses in the house

Please I'm looking for a car to drive
Rentals to remit weekly

I stay in Oshodi

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2023
pope191:

I honestly won't like to get into this drag going on here, but inbetween I think facts should not be distorted. I am still in the learning process and won't like to jump into what I don't know, but even since the subidy, I've been giving it a second tot from my position of thinking the work is no longer worth it.

Prices are no longer the same, the traffic rate is not the same. Tho a bit stressful compare to what it used to be. Before I don't go beyond 100/120k weekly, but all factors being equal, I hope to gross 160k doing 4 and half days. The only issue here is, the better chunk of the money goes to fuel. Like I always say, almost everyone is feeling it, VI peeps are merging trips. It's a period in our country we all just have to sacrifice and hope for better price and balance as things unfold. Thank you

The bolded is what is being asked for and this is why some drivers have come out to lend their voice. If their agitations falls through it benefits everyone now instead of showing solidarity, they are mocked at.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chris45jackson: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2023
InvestorsMind:
N4m Naira available to buy one or two cars for uber?

Which car is the best and what's the price?

A friend mention Toyota Sienna for within states, another mentioned Toyota Corolla for uber.

Expected weekly income?

What's your suggestion?

Corolla is better is better

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2023
tojahh:
Pope191

I wan sell this one o. No be say you go say why I no first tell you.

Meanwhile
2007 Nigerian Used Toyota Corolla
AC functionality is 100
Engine absolute in pristine state
Gear selecting well
Carry mechanic and Ac Tech come. You won't be disappointed.

2.4m
Calls WhatsApp SMS

CNG?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MrCarter577(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2023
TheModerator:

Uber reduced their commission to 20% last year, Bolt jacked theirs up to 25% from 20% within the same period in Lagos. I may be wrong?

I don't really think Bolt is so much bothered about Uber fares, Indrive are the ones pulling the strings in Lagos and frustrating all efforts because of their popularity amongst riders.

Ironically, same drivers who are on strike today are the ones that will be picking cheap and unwholesome fares on Indrive.

Bolt claims its actual commission is 20%, while the extra 5% is charged on rider. Bolt x UBER are like Pepsi x Coke, they checkmate eachother.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2023
Crvrider:

The bolded is what is being asked for and this is why some drivers have come out to lend their voice. If their agitations falls through it benefits everyone now instead of showing solidarity, they are mocked at.

We all cant have same view, so I think it's best to do what works for one. Not all driver can go on strike, if 60/70% can observe it, then I think the message should be clear enough.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CHARLOE(m): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2023
Pls when will d strike be over?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
pope191:

We all cant have same view, so I think it's best to do what works for one. Not all driver can go on strike, if 60/70% can observe it, then I think the message should be clear enough.

Wrong at the bolded all drivers should or be forced to go on strike.

Anytime there is a strike the union or members forces every other staff to join either by blocking entrance to office or go into office to tell them to join. Some go as far as pulling off electric supply.

Even doctors will stop new admission and monitor that others comply.

Crvrider and other drivers observing strike should begin to send drivers to 2nd rainbow, spoil the driver score and bonuses.
This happen every time (get your neighbors phone keep making request and frustrating them)
Make juicy request on inDriver and leave them to struggle for it and salivate
Remember last time union were making request and impounding cars of drivers too, just to frustrate them
I went to national Staduim to join the peaceful protest then before police came to arrest first 4 cars.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deypray: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2023
Bros...Were this mostly offline trips.??.. I use Camry muscle too(I agree with the fuel consumption too).

15k to make 51k gross is amazing. Which app did this? The moment my tank reach halfway, d way the fuel drops is depressing. I don tire.

All these trips are on the island or mainland?

Did you take any break between trips?

I'll appreciate your response.

GeneralZodd:

15k fuel ( Half tank) to make 51k

There was no fuel left in the tank after sales

2.4 litre engine Toyota Camry muscle. Fuel Consumption is a bit high

I would have made more if I drive Yaris, Corolla or Matrix.

Na Yaris dey enjoy this subsidy season: 22k full tank can gross close to 100k or more

Some of my guys dey use that car

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2023
Unless my own app is different or I'm enjoying some preferential treatment, uber reduced commission to 20% for over a year now but you guys still bandy 25%. Also for nearly 2 years now Uber rolled out a promo, do15 trips and every trip thereafter is 5% or 30 trips for 2% commission. There's also other bonuses without bolts type of conditions.
I honestly don't understand why the lies and half truths
Make una kwantinue

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2023
BAZ001:

Anytime there is a strike the union or members forces every other staff to join either by blocking entrance to office or go into office to tell them to join. Some go as far as pulling off electric supply.

Crvrider and other drivers observing strike should begin to send drivers to 2nd rainbow, spoil the driver score and bonuses.
This happen every time (get your neighbors phone keep making request and frustrating them)
Remember last time union were making request and impounding cars of drivers too, just to frustrate them
I went to national Staduim to join the peaceful protest then before police came to arrest first 4 cars.

Do you see union here? It will take emp to fry all phones to get drivers to do that. I'll like all drivers to go on strike, but you know some will work. At the sight of surge 2.5, one driver will surly on his app and you should know it means when everyone is out to check is someone is out.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
Viking07:
The strike has been a tremendous success. Almighty bolt increased their fares 3 times under 7 days. Uber increased their own for the 2nd time today. This is despite the very “hardworking” Nairaland drivers who always claim to make profit. 😆 But sane drivers protested and we’re making progress. Even though the prices are still unbalanced.

The next push is a total reduction of commission to 10% on all apps in Nigeria. We’d continue pressing their neck on Monday. I was at the protest ground today and the number of Corollas I saw, I’ve never seen it in my life. 😁

Kudos to all those who stood on the side of truth and made their voices heard on different platforms. From Lagos to Abuja to Kano to Delta, Ibadan, Kwara etc. Una well done . 🙌✌️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wucPb0C7q2c

KNOW THIS AND HAVE PEACE:-
Both Uber & Bolt will never reduce their 25% commission their whole business model is built on this 25% , in all the countries, that they operate in, their commission is 25%
India they have about 600,000 drivers, America Uber has about 700,000, U.K. abt 85,000, S/ Africa abt 50,000, Egypt about 35,000, Australia, Europe? In Colombia I think they have abt 90,000, Brazil almost the same, these are multinational companies, Nigeria they have abt 30,000 drivers.
I don’t see them making an exception for Nigeria, it’s not gonna happen.’the number of Nigerian drivers on their platform is minuscule.
As a matter of fact when the the 30,000 drivers license is divided btw both Apps l think Bott has 2”17000 and Uber 13000
What Nigerian Uber or bolt drivers should concentrate on is is fares, that can be increased if enough pressure is applied.
E-hailing usually show flexibility on fares , then the unionisation of their drivers, they will fight tooth and nail to prevent this from happening, their claim is that those driving for them are partners and not employers.
However, In the U.K., they give holiday pay, pension etc, but only after being forced to do so by the courts.
My candid opinion is for Nigerians to fight for increase fares,
E-hailing averagely provide’s a good service, It’s relatively safe, in some countries they are the biggest employers of labour & the job is very flexible, averagely one makes more money then white collar jobs or office earners.
Agitation for increased fare should be perhaps 50% max,
To ask for 200% means you are worse then those that removed the subsidy in the first place,,
Rent for vehicles should also go up to btw 40k and 50k per wk for owners.
Drivers should not be selfish, knowing drivers, they will want all the 200% increase for themselves alone nothing for owners.
May God bless your hustle folks, but be sensible in your request for increase in fares.
50% is best or you will all lose customers.
I think Nigeria has the best educated representatives of E-hailing around the globe, well done and keep up the good work
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
pope191:

I honestly won't like to get into this drag going on here, but inbetween I think facts should not be distorted. I am still in the learning process and won't like to jump into what I don't know, but even since the subidy, I've been giving it a second tot from my position of thinking the work is no longer worth it.

Prices are no longer the same, the traffic rate is not the same. Tho a bit stressful compare to what it used to be. Before I don't go beyond 100/120k weekly, but all factors being equal, I hope to gross 160k doing 4 and half days. The only issue here is, the better chunk of the money goes to fuel. Like I always say, almost everyone is feeling it, VI peeps are merging trips. It's a period in our country we all just have to sacrifice and hope for better price and balace as things unfold. Thank you

Otalenu baba
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2023
Also, for all the cry about reducing commission which you people think is the golden ticket to your riches. It is not. This is what I have saved by paying 5% since Tuesday. 10k+
Yeah it's extra money, but in the grand scheme of things it's nothing.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2023
Godfather10:

Both Uber & Bolt will never reduce their 25% commission their whole business model is built on this 25% , in all the countries, that they operate in, their commission is 25%
India they have about 600,000 drivers, America Uber has about 700,000, U.K. abt 85,000, S/ Africa abt 50,000, Egypt about 35,000, Australia, Europe? In Colombia I think they have abt 90,000, Brazil almost the same, these are multinational companies, Nigeria they have abt 30,000 drivers.
I don’t see them making an exception for Nigeria, it’s not gonna happen.’the number of Nigerian drivers on their platform is minuscule.
As a matter of fact when the the 30,000 drivers license is divided btw both Apps l think Bott has 2”17000 and Uber 13000
What Nigerian Uber or bolt drivers should concentrate on is is fares, that can be increased if enough pressure is applied.
E-hailing usually show flexibility on fares , then the unionisation of their drivers, they will fight tooth and nail to prevent this from happening, their claim is that those driving for them are partners and not employers.
However, In the U.K., they give holiday pay, pension etc, but only after being forced to do so by the courts.
E-hailing averagely provide’s a good service, It’s relatively safe, in some countries they are the biggest employers of labour & the job is very flexible, averagely one makes more money then white collar jobs or office earners.
To ask for 200% means you are worse then those that removed the subsidy in the first place,,
Drivers should not be selfish, knowing drivers, they will want all the 200% increase for themselves alone nothing for owners.
May God bless your hustle folks, but be sensible in your request for increase in fares.
I think Nigeria has the best educated representatives of E-hailing around the globe, well done and keep up the good work

You have touched on some of the issues that they're not looking at. They think these arbitrary demands will not have a knock-on effect on the whole ecosystem. Raise fares arbitrarily and shrink the customer base. Your 10 trips of 2k each become 5 trips of 3k each. Raise fares but landlords must not raise rent.
Regulators would not also look at protecting customers?
Reduce commission but continue to provide services to keep the app running. Is it only drivers that have been impacted by increased operating costs?
People talk like they have no idea how businesses are run.

Also, Rida and InDrive came in to fill that gap bolt and Uber have left, make Dem use those two nau

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
BAZ001:

And? Finish it joor cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2023
XGhost:

You have touched on some of the issues that they're not looking at. They think these arbitrary demands will not have a knock-on effect on the whole ecosystem. Raise fares arbitrarily and shrink the customer base. Your 10 trips of 2k each become 5 trips of 3k each. Raise fares but landlords must not raise rent.
Regulators would not also look at protecting customers?
Reduce commission but continue to provide services to keep the app running. Is it only drivers that have been impacted by increased operating costs?
People talk like they have no idea how businesses are run.

Also, Rida and InDrive came in to fill that gap bolt and Uber have left, make Dem use those two nau
The Koko. All the dragging here centers on the bolded. A case of eating ur cake and have it. This is what cheerfulgiver is saying.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2023
pope191:

Do you see union here? It will take emp to fry all phones to get drivers to do that. I'll like all drivers to go on strike, but you know some will work. At the sight of surge 2.5, one driver will surly on his app and you should know it means when everyone is out to check is someone is out.

I get your point, I was only referring to only 60/70 % of drivers can join the strike.

That people on strike should frustrate and enforce others to join.

Hope the app coys will do something fast
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
XGhost:
Unless my own app is different or I'm enjoying some preferential treatment, uber reduced commission to 20% for over a year now but you guys still bandy 25%. Also for nearly 2 years now Uber rolled out a promo, do15 trips and every trip thereafter is 5% or 30 trips for 2% commission. There's also other bonuses without bolts type of conditions.
I honestly don't understand why the lies and half truths
Make una kwantinue
I must go renew my Uber inspection today. Same thing someone said on WhatsApp. Bolt juju for pilots must be very strong. 😆

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
Crvrider:

Some of them don't know what mental slavery is and then he went ahead and wrote an epistle defining slavery and employee. How many of us dey read terms and conditions while downloading apps...did he? And he is talking about agreement.

My expenses before the fuel increase:
Fuel: 8000/185 = 43Ltrs
InDrive commission: 2k
Total expenses: 10k

Expenses after fuel increase:
Fuel: 43Ltr x 488 = 20,984
InDrive commission= 2k
Total expenses: 22,984

Percentage increment of 129.84%

Will the work rate be the same? With this I will have to work more to cover my expenses before I start to work for any form of profit. Yet he talks about making more money now than before.
Oluwole analysis...

This is why I insult these people. He is supporting strike against bolt for charging 25%, but in his otimpku analysis, he used indrive, while ignoring the hard fact that a bolt driver on this thread grossed over 50k with 15k fuel. Yesterday!

For those that don't know, paying 2k commission to indrive means you only expect to gross 20k. Even before fuel increment, there is no fücking way this guy uses 43liters to gross 20k. Are you guys following?

Now, fuel has gone up, prices of trip has gone up. I told them that with 15k fuel daily, you can gross 45k. Everyone has testified to that. If you pay 4500 commission on 45k after fuel, your take home is 25,500. He left out that part.

Because the price of rides have gone up, it now takes less trips to gross the same 20k he paid 2k commission for, and he'll have over half tank to work with. But because he has refused to use simple brain power, he resorted to Oluwole mathematics.

Their agenda must agend. I don't take these fools seriously

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
CHARLOE:
Pls when will d strike be over?
Ended yesterday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Larry1960: 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2023
TheModerator:

If you look carefully at the digits in that fake alert he sent to himself, the actual figure is 12k. I kid you not bro. He copied a 12k alert from his other phone, edited it and added 500, then sent it to his chinko phone. Zoom and look at it very well, I highlighted the 500, one can tell that there's something not right about it. Larry1960 isn't very smart afterall.

Yes it's #12 naira
Fool said I sent a text message to chinko phone myself
It's not my fault you are poor
Or an impoverished asinine grin grin cool

Niqqur je choba ego
Olorun ma fun ey she
God wey don bless me go bless you too grin
Just wait for your own time it would come
Hahahahah grin
Oya find something else talk na
Shebi that cheque na fake cheque
You fit come ask keystone bank for Nnebisi road asaba whether the cheque na fake grin

Na me say make you poor and no get property investment
I sold some part of my plots of land
Come Asaba make I ball you. I no dey Lagos now grin
Make I change your life for good

You smart na him ordinary 164 percent increase wey primary 6 Sabi you no Sabi caculate

Idiot I know say your papa no fit afford to buy plot of land for Asaba grin

I don go do Fixed deposit for Access bank make I dey collect 5.4percent of my money till I get investment to invest am on

Next time tell your wretched father to leave some investment for you to secure the future
Like this now my future is secured grin grin

Idiot I fit show you receipts of my properties

Tell your Papa make him come buy one plot of land for liberty estate Asaba for #250Million naira grin grin

Or tell your wretched father make him come buy one plot of land for garden of Eden for over #150M or okpanam road for #150M cheesy

Bastard child grin child of hate and perdition ask your wretched father
If they can afford to buy a plot of land along Asaba ibuzor road by koka

A plot of land is #40Million naira there grin grin
That is why I said my future is secured grin

Go on YouTube and listen to yangalife on YouTube and he would tell you how much a plot of land 100*100ft along Asaba ibuzor road
or ask this popular builder on nairaland "SPYDER" how much land cost at Ibuzor road Koka asaba after the New fly over grin

Fool 5 years from now the Land would be worth #80Million land wey dey appreciate by 7Million naira Annually
Omo ase

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2023
Godfather10:

I admit that it will be difficult or almost impossible to reduce commission, but to say that their business is built around 25% where they operate is not correct. A Google search for Bolt in Paris, France will show you 19% and 15% in other cities.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Larry1960: 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2023
Crvrider:
Let 90% of drivers down tools for 1week and let's see if the app companies will not dance to your tunes. Continue to allow yourselves to be deceived that the app companies don't care. Without a doubt they know drivers are the life blood of the business.

My oga grin shey you no go leave this your salary work just drive full time for Uber salary work no be am baba grin

Nothing like being independent baba

Shey na 150k/Month salary you wan dey survive on so grin
Ballers dey Net big time you dey there they say Oga sir oga ma to one fucking son of man

Baba emancipate yourself from mental slavery
As I dey baba so I dey piss on any body face grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by halaqasa: 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2023
IFSHR:

Keystone ..but nothing is wrong with using globus ..just avoid MFB

Hello please who did your keystiy pof for you

Cab you refer me to the person please??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2023
skillip:
I admit that it will be difficult or almost impossible to reduce commission, but to say that their business is built around 25% where they operate is not correct. A Google search for Bolt in Paris, France will show you 19% and 15% in other cities.

Checked bolt on Paris it’s 25% to
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigsunny01(m): 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
wole212:

Rentals to remit weekly

I stay in Oshodi

Thanks.

De format at which u type ur contact wit shows dat u are not ready
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by wole212(m): 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
Bigsunny01:

De format at which u type ur contact wit shows dat u are not ready

Ohh my bad, thanks for pointing that out. I'll make amends right away.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by wole212(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2023

Rentals to remit weekly

I stay in Oshodi

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 9:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
Godfather10:

Checked bolt on Paris it’s 25% to
I just checked again now and it shows 19%, I tried uploading it but it is not going through. Just type " Bolt commission in fee in France".

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
halaqasa:

Hello please who did your keystiy pof for you

Cab you refer me to the person please??

Drop email to me on daniellesecrets19@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (5290) (5291) (5292) (5293) (5294) (5295) (5296) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.