Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4800107 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mazinaija: 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
Carshopper:

Hmmm... well those conditions hold for now
when is the narrative going to tilt towards hybrid cars and diesel cars.

CC Gazzuz
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 1:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
mazinaija:

CC Gazzuz

If such Cars pass screening grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
mazinaija:

CC Gazzuz

Diesel car is a capital NO in Nigeria. I'll still take an electric car over a diesel car any day.

too much adulterated Diesel in Nigeria which could well cause havoc
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slavemerchant: 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
omonla10:
I believe if u can be nice enough, u can get enough offline regular trips that will at least secure ur target. I already have 4 early morning offline trips from abulegba. Out of 5 working days. All 4k trips.. That I think is another way out.. God bless us all

How do you get offline trips
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
deedee44:

Now you sound stewpeed. You can blame your ancestors all you want, whether you like it or not, you're a Nigerian. Get it down your thin spine

Pele aburo, I really wish I could cure you of all your demons, but guess what I don’t need your narrow mind to remind me of my Nigerianess.
When Nigerians condemn our corrupt government, does that make them less of being Nigerians. How you guys think marvels me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
Romeo3:
Let the general public know that henceforth, Romeo3 ceases to be a part of FLEETXPERT

What a failed marriage...I guess the haters were waiting for this bleep up. sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
jpworld:

Good move bro, you should have quit long time ago when you noticed some funny behavior.

Although, you still have to answer for previous dealings. If Ogunvic41 is charged to court, you might be included in the charge sheet.

What I will advise you[b], is to make more effort to help find Ogunvic41[/b], it will help ur case in court, because police will surely see you guys as accomplices.
Is he on the run?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emekayoung(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
jpworld:

Fuel to accomplish 100k weekly if corolla is less than 25k(3x7-21k), 9mobile 1200 for 1.5 gig.. aboki charge 2500 for car wash monthly.

Your family is your personal problem, the owner wont say because you have a large family then dont want to make income. or better still if you have a large family dont drive uber, go and apply for Chevron work.

@ the end of the week, after personal expense, the minimum you are going home with weekly is 20k, sometimes it could be more.
Which Aboki will collect 2500 monthly to wash ur car? Forget that thing o. Aboki don wise now o....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emekayoung(m): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2018
vulpeslopez:
some partners put cars at crazy price.... U want 40k and u want drivers to maintain car or becoming to park cars in ur house every evening or once in a week or even to be dropping madam @work and bringing her back home......he opened every partner eyes then why are people complaining.....any partner who wants 50k should drive his car himself......do u know Wat stress is..... Stress is driving 15HRS or more and u Wonder why some drivers crash partner car...... Lack of rest my man
You are right. He deceived them claiming 50k weekly was obtainable. Now he is on the run. Anyone who wants to enslave his driver that much should go for the inspection and hit the road himself.. So they will know the stress involved. I feel so bad when ever I see accidents on lekki epe express way alone and at the end,it turns out to be Uber or Taxify driver. When I ask them how it happened. They always say '' bros na sleep o' just reason that kind thing...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2018
Alright, I have read through on how people say car owners should earn more than drivers and tantrums were thrown based on someone trying to shove his opinion.
When it comes to business, it's either you are in full control or not and to be in total control then u should be able to pay the price.
Let me make it short :
Someone decides to lease his hotel and request for a 1million naira monthly payment, whether you make 1m a month from the hotel or not isn't the owners business all he is after is his full monthly payment, however the investor chooses to make the money is his business.

Uber/Taxify business isn't far from the above. A car owner gives his car to a driver and request 40k in return (weekly), as long as the car is in perfect condition, however the driver wants to make his money isn't the partners business. It is now left for the driver to decide if he wants to make more money than his partner and for this to happen, he has to work smart even if it requires him waking HP 2am to work.
For those saying partners should earn more than drivers, you have to be sincere to yourself, can you work 15hours a day only to receive crumbs at the end of the day? Absolutely not, the real issue here is partners trying to recoup their investment in a very short time frame and as such allow greed to set in by giving drivers a ridiculous terms and condition.
In this business, drivers have a bit of an advantage. Should you want to be in total control of earnings then you have to place your driver on a monthly or weekly salary and to me this isnt a wise decision.

I am just a partner in uber and not a driver but only stating the obvious.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shams040(m): 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
To the experts in the house, I am planning to get a car with a budget btw #800k-1m to start uber business where I will work majorly from 4:30pm -12am during the week and work full day during weekend, any advice as to how to achieve this? I will like to make a minimum of 15k per week after removal of all expenses.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
jayooh:

What a failed marriage...I guess the haters were waiting for this bleep up. sad
gay? I never knew they are gay, nothing we won't hear on Nairaland orisirisi
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akplatnum2005(m): 5:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
olaboy1:

Pele aburo, I really wish I could cure you of all your demons, but guess what I don’t need your narrow mind to remind me of my Nigerianess.
When Nigerians condemn our corrupt government, does that make them less of being Nigerians. How you guys think marvels me.

I think your arguement is objective and commonsensical. Unfortunately they dont teach financial literacy in school, i wish they do. value-free is key. naija with sentimental way of life.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harbewilliams(m): 5:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
Talk to us today concerning your investment, Let us relieve you from the stress of managing your car and make your investment worthwhile

Call us today for more details on our services
My name is EJEMAI ABIODUN

Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
47, Iwaya Road Onike Lagos
07016682929 ( call or whatsapp )
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2018
shams040:
To the experts in the house, I am planning to get a car with a budget btw #800k-1m to start uber business where I will work majorly from 4:30pm -12am during the week and work full day during weekend, any advice as to how to achieve this? I will like to make a minimum of 15k per week after removal of all expenses.
very possible but make sure u get a good car, fuel economy, good AC, 2003 and above, sharp headlamps, neat interior, intact chassis, automatic central lock, low mileage, good shock absorbers. With all these in place you can make 40k weekly with your stipulated time
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello Peeps..Anyone using a 406 or 407 here..how much do you spend on fuel per week as against what returns, those who also use 2.4ltr Camry or EOD please drop your fuel figures weekly as against monies earned for review abeg.thank you...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
iyaegin:
Hello Peeps..Anyone using a 406 or 407 here..how much do you spend on fuel per week as against what returns, those who also use 2.4ltr Camry or EOD please drop your fuel figures weekly as against monies earned for review abeg.thank you...

@romeo over to you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
dru23:

Smh, you must be a driver. I own cars on the platform . And each cars deliver 40k a week. 07 elantras non of my drivers are complaining. There was a young man on these platform daveone . He posted his earnings part time. I spoke to him and he said it's all about planning and positioning. Plz don't come out here and give wrong information. Read the threads and learn from guys that are doing it. I meet another young man on these forum. He posted his last week earnings on taxify. He was looking for a car to drive. The 03 camry he has was too old for him and giving him bad ratings . I call the young man up. Coz I posted a 04 tokunbo civic. The young guy can't be more than 24 yrs doing uber. He said work is going on. That has he is speaking to me a request just came in.
One of my guys on the forum has not driven for months. Waiting for a new car to drive . He drove this past Sunday back to back request. He drove on Monday from 5am to about 1pm made 10k. He slept for 2 hours and started his evening shift at about 4pm and made a total of 16k for the day
I have reliable people on these forum that I can ask questions and they can give me an honest answer. So bro either you are lazy or u have no clue on what you are doing. The people that are getting requests don't have two heads now. Change your thinking and move with people that you can learn from. These is the reason why the rich move with the rich. And the poor stay poor coz the move with each other. Do your homework before coming on the thread to complain about the market been flooded. If a 22 year old is getting requests I don't known what to say about your situation o
back when I use to drive,I work 12hrs daily Monday to friday....5am to 12pm,I go home and rest and hit the road for 2nd half by 4pm to 10pm....all in all ......my lord lugard takes 38k,the minimum i ever made for mysef is 40k plus....and that has got to be a really bad week.....yes the market is flooded, but positioning,working smart and experience is key

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
Emekayoung:

You are right. He deceived them claiming 50k weekly was obtainable. Now he is on the run. Anyone who wants to enslave his driver that much should go for the inspection and hit the road himself.. So they will know the stress involved. I feel so bad when ever I see accidents on lekki epe express way alone and at the end,it turns out to be Uber or Taxify driver. When I ask them how it happened. They always say '' bros na sleep o' just reason that kind thing...

Due to stress.
Either trying to meet up unrealistic remittance or
While trying to earn more than partner.
Sadly driver suffers the biggest loss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
shams040:

15k a week surely that's ridiculous. Most serious drivers make that a day. I really think you need to set your ambitions higher.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwatoke1: 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
Daveonoja:
some times i day questions some drivers ability and mentality e.g you.... For your info am a driver too not even a full time driver for more than a year....i go to work everyday and drive everyday my schedule is so well planned that i know where to be at some particular times at all cost even if it means blowing empty to be there and still hit my 10k target daily after fuel..if u think there is no planning in this biz guy u are still a learner...if you are a good driver on the platform and want to hit target daily you wld have a planned schedule.... Whatever you do and you dont plan u are doomed to fail chairman.Look for me make i put you tru its obvious u are still a newbie....to be debating 20k weekly with that condition... Money that u can make... in 1 day friday sat or sunday....u are here talking about getting a request to agbara.... U be joker bring you weekly earnings to me make i do corrections for your timetable i go also show you my own weekly earnings and my planned schedule.. No hard feelings you can also learn more... Big ups dude...

Can I have your contact so you can give me some training ing about the appropriate way to handle driving with uber please. My daily earnings not making much sense
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 8:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
cross8701:

15k a week surely that's ridiculous. Most serious drivers make that a day. I really thing you need to set your ambitions higher.
read and digest. Its stated 15k after expenses and while driving part time probably after closing from payed employment or days business.

Although he can aim a bit higher, say 25-30k

I guess him no want hardworking coupled with his daily runs, if not low productivity will set in.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by paroh137(m): 8:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
blackylola:
very possible but make sure u get a good car, fuel economy, good AC, 2003 and above, sharp headlamps, neat interior, intact chassis, automatic central lock, low mileage, good shock absorbers. With all these in place you can make 40k weekly with your stipulated time

Bro abeg wetin be chassis
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
paroh137:

Bro abeg wetin be chassis
is the skeleton of the car without skin �
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2018
Dovehorizon:

the real issue here is partners trying to recoup their investment in a very short time frame and as such allow greed to set in by giving drivers a ridiculous terms and condition.
In this business, drivers have a bit of an advantage. Should you want to be in total control of earnings then you have to place your driver on a monthly or weekly salary and to me this isnt a wise decision.

Honestly, from ur write up, I don't believe u invested in this business. If u buy ur own car and drive in Uber urself, u r in no position to advise investors.

I imported a 2005 Toyota sienna, wanted to sell it for 2.4M, a driver approach me last November, that I should use it for inter state, he will be delivering 30k, weekly, I just laughed, then finally he came back to me and propose 40k,i reluctantly agree, bc of his bro.

Today that Sienna is up for sale for 1.6M, still people pricing it any how, bc of plenty of dents

I have changed the complete gear with 250k, in the space of 3months, 4 brand new tires, battery, oil, shock absorber, brake disc. Hub bearing.

Now do the calculations and tell me, if I'm making gain or I have lost money.

Car has lost its value of almost 1M, during Xmas, car travel to asaba twice.

This same driver was giving me 40k,and still telling me 40k is too much, that I'm cheating him.

None of you here is talking about owners lost.

Please let's change the narratives grin

Let's talk about owners lost.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Driver doesn't make the biggest loss, he will dump your car and move unto the next one. We have seen drivers crashed and knocked their partner's engine, they are still driving today

timifakay:

Due to stress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
timifakay:

Due to stress.

Until you invest ur hard earned money in this business, then you know who suffers the biggest lost.

when driver bring that damn chicken change of 40k, they think is big money, nobody is talking about how much you invested.

For example, if you buy a corolla of 1.8M, in 1year, you have not recover ur money, and b4 that one year, the state you will meet that car, you won't believe it.

A friend of mine bought corolla last October, he gave to driver, the next day driver hard a serious accident, car damaged seriously, estimate price to repair car, 400k, owner has no money, his millions gone, he is now been forced to sell the car as scrap.

Many of u drivers have rich families, tell them to invest, they won't you will come here preaching humanity, that stupid humanity should start from your family.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
iyaegin:
2007 Camry, 3k fuel gives me 10-12k. 10k fuel does 37-40k

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
vulpeslopez:
back when I use to drive,I work 12hrs daily Monday to friday....5am to 12pm,I go home and rest and hit the road for 2nd half by 4pm to 10pm....all in all ......my lord lugard takes 38k,the minimum i ever made for mysef is 40k plus....and that has got to be a really bad week.....yes the market is flooded, but positioning,working smart and experience is key
Really flooded bro. You need to search for riders and burn enough fuel to stay at strategic locations before you can get requests. When the going gets tough only the tough gets going.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
jpworld:

Honestly, from ur write up, I don't believe u invested in this business. If u buy ur own car and drive in Uber urself, u r in no position to advise investors.

I imported a 2005 Toyota sienna, wanted to sell it for 2.4M, a driver approach me last November, that I should use it for inter state, he will be delivering 30k, weekly, I just laughed, then finally he came back to me and propose 40k,i reluctantly agree, bc of his bro.

Today that Sienna is up for sale for 1.6M, still people pricing it any how, bc of plenty of dents

I have changed the complete gear with 250k, in the space of 3months, 4 brand new tires, battery, oil, shock absorber, brake disc. Hub bearing.

Now do the calculations and tell me, if I'm making gain or I have lost money.

Car has lost its value of almost 1M, during Xmas, car travel to asaba twice.

This same driver was giving me 40k,and still telling me 40k is too much, that I'm cheating him.

None of you here is talking about owners lost.

Please let's change the narratives grin

Let's talk about owners lost.

You just took the words out of my mouth. Transport business that I have invested in for many years before Uber ever dream of writing one line of code.
All these early investors and newbie greedy drivers who don’t know sh$t about this terrain all hyped up about 40k delivery, and comparing transport business with hotel business.
Very soon the thing go go skraaaaaaaa for una ears.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
alstarmayo:
Driver doesn't make the biggest loss, he will dump your car and move unto the next one. We have seen drivers crashed and knocked their partner's engine, they are still driving today

In the case of deformity arising from accident or a fatal accident, driver suffers biggest loss.
Comprehensive insurance takes care of accidents to a large extent.

jpworld:

Until you invest ur hard earned money in this business, then you know who suffers the biggest lost.

when driver bring that damn chicken change of 40k, they think is big money, nobody is talking about how much you invested.

For example, if you buy a corolla of 1.8M, in 1year, you have not recover ur money, and b4 that one year, the state you will meet that car, you won't believe it.

A friend of mine bought corolla last October, he gave to driver, the next day driver hard a serious accident, car damaged seriously, estimate price to repair car, 400k, owner has no money, his millions gone, he is now been forced to sell the car as scrap.

Many of u drivers have rich families, tell them to invest, they won't you will come here preaching humanity, that stupid humanity should start from your family.

Driver puts life on the line
Carry owner puts money on the line.
All nah risk, but a contented, relaxed and careful driver reduces the risk.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
jpworld:

Why is he selling the car as scrap. With comprehensive insurance, his car would be fixed and back on road.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: africo13610(m), providencia(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.