Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748973 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) (5337) (5338) (5339) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
davit:
Jf you are not on Bolt with at least 1.7 surge, don't take trips to Sangotedo axis. Else, sorry is your case.
God no go shame us! Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
Hi
@Barbiturate
Hit me up.
I have a job for you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 6:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
davit:
Jf you are not on Bolt with at least 1.7 surge, don't take trips to Sangotedo axis. Else, sorry is your case.
Abeg wetin dey sup for Sangotedo? shocked
I checked the traffic condition there now, omoh, my mouth sealed. lipsrsealed
Much respect, boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Glithronix:

Abeg wetin dey sup for Sangotedo? shocked
I checked the traffic condition there now, omoh, my mouth sealed. lipsrsealed
Much respect, boss.
Bad section of road after The Patron Hotel. Pray you don't run into that ditch at night, especially when it's raining or immediately after raining grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
CAR PARTICULARS

DEALER PLATE NUMBERS

CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP

CUSTOM NUMBER PLATES

DRIVER'S LICENCE.

CALL/WHATSAPP: 08033539981 or 08182880902
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2023
JUNE GROSS EARN with 130k fuel

Net shows 184,366
Subtract fuel 130,000
= 54,000 for the whole month

And yet to deduct:
data of 6k,
call airtime of 5k,
mechanic work of 32k,
tyre gauging of 3k5 in total etc

No profit
I only worked for bolt and fuel station😪😔

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatIgboBoy: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Tgiirl:

Net shows 184,366
Subtract fuel 130,000

And yet to deduct:
data of 6k,
call airtime of 5k,
mechanic work of 32k,

No profit

This is a truthful summary of what most e-hailing drivers face. You can't come here claiming u made millions without your vehicle suffering for it. If other drivers were as concise as this, it will enable people know how profitable the business is. But if you just tell people the millions you make without the challenges and setbacks you go through, there will still be doubters.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
ThatIgboBoy:

This is a truthful summary of what most e-hailing drivers face. You can't come here claiming u made millions without your vehicle suffering for it. If other drivers were as concise as this, it will enable people know how profitable the business is. But if you just tell people the millions you make without the challenges and setbacks you go through, there will still be doubters.
Smiles.
Na you go tell us say this is what you want to read.
That brother can't tell me he used 130k fuel to make such money. He must have been driving to work or other places with the fuel.
His highest gross was even 20k. That should tell that he has been driving on bolt on a lighter level while going to do some other work.
See the amount he made in a month, shey you self no suppose know say he just dey cruise drive ni?
Much respect, boss.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
June gross

Petrol 315k (15k daily x 21 days)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
XGhost:
June gross

Petrol 315k (15k daily x 21 days)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2023
Tgiirl:

Net shows 184,366
Subtract fuel 130,000

And yet to deduct:
data of 6k,
call airtime of 5k,
mechanic work of 32k,

No profit

This should be a lot better. I think you should reevaluate going forward. Though I don't do bolt but I imagine it should not be too different from uber

I hope you don't take this the wrong way as I say it with no ill intentions

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2023
Tgiirl:

Net shows 184,366
Subtract fuel 130,000

And yet to deduct:
data of 6k,
call airtime of 5k,
mechanic work of 32k,

No profit

Let's say this side hussle provided u fuel to move around to ur job and other activities.
Gave u money to fix your car.
And funded your little data, airtime and grocery expenses.
How about looking at it from that angle?

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
Pearl1910:

Let's say this side hussle provided u fuel to move around to ur job and other activities.
Gave u money to fix your car.
And funded your little data, airtime and grocery expenses.
How about looking at it from that angle?
It was the same Mumu thanking God he got a salary job of 220k, in a bid to prove that salary job is better than driving. But then went behind to drive for a whole month without telling anyone he was driving part time and now coming to give oluwole analysis trying to re-validate his point that salary job is better but still refusing to accept that he even grossed more doing part-time than his full time job. grin. We all know that he drove part time because he can no longer afford to keep the stupid office job, but he dey follow stupid advice here say salary job is better grin

Sense for tell am say he should resign the stupid job but common sense is not common.

See the stupid money he made in a whole month. Any week I make that nonsense is a cursed week. The other Mumu quickly agreed and said it's a "truthful summary." Lmao. Stupid people will always be stupid.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
This thread sef!

Person come talk him experience, dem counter am!

There are Nigerians who "japad" long ago and still hasn't made something tangible. There are still some who went not quite long and are doing well. My cousin stayed for long(years) before getting his green card. Meanwhile, a friend's younger brother got there and got it not quite long!

For this hustle, some make 60k using 12k fuel. Some make 40k using the same fuel. Some make 35k. Trust me, there are still some who make far less!

For the brother complaining, maybe you should join the telegram group to learn the techniques and see if the hustle will improve for you. If it doesn't still, find another hustle.

For me, I don't see any kind of special technique to this.....positioning well isn't a thing now cos you will get order anywhere U are. I still got order recently from ICM in the morning, weekday. It is also common sense that you don't do long distance to PU. It is also common sense that you work from morning till night. (I don't even work till night before the fuel increase, and I'll still make 15 to 20k net) it is also common sense that you avoid traffic as much as you can, by checking your map! Who likes traffic anyways? So what exactly are the special techniques?

Whether you argue it or not, the hustle isn't much favourable since the increase of fuel price!

As I dey always talk, I'm not ready for insults or much arguments.

To cap it all, having a career and a well paying job with full benefits is still far better than driving upandan! I can bet with my last card, that a lot of graduate here never envisaged they would become a driver!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
@Tgiirl

From your earnings, it appears that you don't drive enough hours in a day. It is not all trips that bolt sends to you that you must embark on, some trip na waste of time and fuel.

You need to be on the road for at least 15hrs minimum to see better profit and you have to drive like every other day to have reasonable money left in your hand or bank. Post subsidy*

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
Barbiturate:
This thread sef!

Bro no special skill. You only have to drive all day and night. Close by 12AM

Cheerful category na tier 3 😁

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 9:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
Barbiturate:
This thread sef!

Person come talk him experience, dem counter am!

There are Nigerians who "japad" long ago and still hasn't made something tangible. There are still some who went not quite long and are doing well. My cousin stayed for long(years) before getting his green card. Meanwhile, a friend's younger brother got there and got it not quite long!

For this hustle, some make 60k using 12k fuel. Some make 40k using the same fuel. Some make 35k. Trust me, there are still some who make far less!

For the brother complaining, maybe you should join the telegram group to learn the techniques and see if the hustle will improve for you. If it doesn't still, find another hustle.

For me, I don't see any kind of special technique to this.....positioning well isn't a thing now cos you will get order anywhere U are. I still got order recently from ICM in the morning, weekday. It is also common sense that you don't do long distance to PU. It is also common sense that you work from morning till night. (I don't even work till night before the fuel increase, and I'll still make 15 to 20k net) it is also common sense that you avoid traffic as much as you can, by checking your map! Who likes traffic anyways? So what exactly are the special techniques?

Whether you argue it or not, the hustle isn't much favourable since the increase of fuel price!

As I dey always talk, I'm not ready for insults or much arguments.

To cap it all, having a career and a well paying job with full benefits is still far better than driving upandan! I can bet with my last card, that a lot of graduate here never envisaged they would become a driver!
All what you said is right, but from what I’ve learnt from that telegram group, there is more to these special techniques boss, even if you know it all, it might just be 1 single info that will change our ways of earning more
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
hefelove:

All what you said is right, but from what I’ve learnt from that telegram group, there is more to these special techniques boss, even if you know it all, it might just be 1 single info that will change our ways of earning more

So with what you've learnt, are you now making 60k with 12k fuel?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
Barbiturate:

So with what you've learnt, are you now making 60k with 12k fuel?
😂 maybe with 17k fuel sha with 10% commission from indrive
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ahn ahn... This thread is the only thread on nairaland where people who claim salary work is better than driving because of benefits are not depending on the same salary work they said is better. They are all driving. grin To disguise, they'll call it part time. grin

Me, I come here, I tell the truth. In this fücking economy, NOTHING is better than having your own time to yourself, report to no one, and still gross more than the majority of salary earners in a country with the highest amount of jobless people in the world.

If the salary work plenty as they would like you to believe, why is this same country the one with the most jobless people? grin WHERE are the salary jobs? Ehailing came along, they complained the earnings are small. I came here and said no, the earnings are small because of your stupid strategies. Change pattern. They'll curse me, I return x 100. Okay, to alleviate them, I created a group and asked people who are interested in making as much as I make to join. People joined and are seeing the truth in what I'm saying, but it's still this same group of complainers who refuse to change strategy that are still complaining, but now it's about the telegram group. Now there's nothing special about the group because it's so easy to make 50k a day, oh, anyone can make 50k a day.

If you believe in what you just said, that anyone can make 50k a day, explain to me how 300k a week for 6 days of driving and 1.2m a month that you said is easy and anyone can do it is not better than the stupid jobs you're on but driving part-time and making less. Common sense.

Eeyah.... Telegram group don dey cause una headache grin you never see anything.... take 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, 2 at night. If symptoms persist after 3 days, consult your doctor.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2023
While you're here complaining and crying about how you're working for bolt and for fueling stations, people who are ready to listen and change strategy are making money.

I only told him how to make 40 - 45k a day, this nigga fücking goes and makes 69,500 in one day. You're here posting about buying fuel 130,000 a month and having no profit, seeking likes and pity from people who give no fücks about you..... These people cheering you on for making 0 profits, ask them to give you 20k now, they'll all stammer. grin You ain't seen nothing yet.

Dey play. grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatIgboBoy: 11:27pm On Jul 02, 2023
Nwanne, nobody is cheering anybody on. Rather it is a thing of concern so much effort was put in for nothing. You may have your ways. But while showing your earnings, also show your troubles. Maintenance, fuel, lastma sorting, commisions. It helps balance things out. No one can claim he drives month to month here without having issues to visit the mechanic. So make we dey chill sometimes. Everything no be fight.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
Use 130k make 230k abi weytin u write.
When u dont even gross 15k a day.
Now plus ur salary work 220k + ur bolt 200k, plus your HMo total no still reach person wey only drive on Uber 800k.

How far, who be mumu?
How u say make e be now??
For this bad life

I actually understand the fact that this is your reality, but the way u are presenting it is wrong.

No be only ehailing u use 130k fuel do..... probably u travelled to Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 12:04am On Jul 03, 2023
ThatIgboBoy:
Nwanne, nobody is cheering anybody on. Rather it is a thing of concern so much effort was put in for nothing. You may have your ways. But while showing your earnings, also show your troubles. Maintenance, fuel, lastma sorting, commisions. It helps balance things out. No one can claim he drives month to month here without having issues to visit the mechanic. So make we dey chill sometimes. Everything no be fight.

I bought a tyre, 7k+1k labour.
I didn't do any repairs, not even servicing, that'll be done next week Monday.
Haven't sorted anybody or paid any fines since the last 24k I paid at lastma Iponri in 2019.

Repairs come but it should never be as frequent. That's abnormal. Take care of the car and it'll serve you. Once every year I do a full-on revamp. The only thing I don't check is bodywork. Tuning, suspension, tires etc. Doesn't mean in-between I will hear a sound and I won't check it. Also as you use a car the more you gain an understanding of it over time.

I can understand if a newbie has these complaints as it's a learning curve but if you're experienced and haven't learned how to be efficient then there's a problem.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 2:11am On Jul 03, 2023
We earn this much yet we invest in buying sub standard tyres.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 2:24am On Jul 03, 2023
YeyeGbami:
@Tgiirl

From your earnings, it appears that you don't drive enough hours in a day. It is not all trips that bolt sends to you that you must embark on, some trip na waste of time and fuel.

[/b]You need to be on the road for at least 15hrs[b] minimum to see better profit and you have to drive like every other day to have reasonable money left in your hand or bank. Post subsidy*

no longer 12 hours, car owners on the grind 15 hours, drivers on rental 18 hours, hp drivers 21 hours. The more hours we spend on the road the healthier we become.....
Even top professional athletes after some years start to experience physical decline even with all their routine of physios, nutritionist etc...
we should not over work our body.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 2:34am On Jul 03, 2023
PALLATIVES ROLL OUT HAS STARTED.
July 1, picked up my rider via indrive heading towards ikeja.
Me: please note that passengers is responsible for toll payment.
Rider: how much
Me: full chest out, only N200.
RIder: ok.
we got to MMIA toll, toll is now N300...
Is this our palliative roll out. We are yet to recover from buying fuel at N500 per litre...
It is well

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:19am On Jul 03, 2023
MoonlightDrive:

no longer 12 hours, car owners on the grind 15 hours, drivers on rental 18 hours, hp drivers 21 hours. The more hours we spend on the road the healthier we become.....
Even top professional athletes after some years start to experience physical decline even with all their routine of physios, nutritionist etc...

Boiled eggs to the rescue.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 4:53am On Jul 03, 2023
MoonlightDrive:
We earn this much yet we invest in buying sub standard tyres.

I got burned with new tyres once. The thing picked a screw on the edge and that was it. New tyres won't guarantee that things like that won't happen. So I buy used tyres 2020 latest.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 4:55am On Jul 03, 2023
MoonlightDrive:

What I posted is less than 12 hours daily

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilkech(m): 6:32am On Jul 03, 2023
XGhost:

What I posted is less than 12 hours daily

And you paid more in commission because its uber. You are doing well for yourself aje. God bless the works of your hands.

The truth can only come in black and white while myopia has many colors.

The price of fuel will still go up, anybody that wants to sell off their cars should please post it here first before heading to jiiji wink

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ceenelly(m): 6:34am On Jul 03, 2023
Good day bosses, in few days time I would be going to get a driver license and thereafter register on the bolt platform as a driver with my personal car which I will be driving as a side hustle. Please I want to understand something each time am ordering for a ride on the bolt platform I usually see two car options thats bolt category and other I can't get the name now. Please what criteria does a car have before bolt assign it to a particular category or class. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5333) (5334) (5335) (5336) (5337) (5338) (5339) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: bobman(m), Omoapena(m), pope191, saudatu(m), konkoabove and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.