Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4730626 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5404) (5405) (5406) (5407) (5408) (5409) (5410) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sammyscholar(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2023
Conner44:

That is circa 23mpg, not bad for city driving but could be better considering your engine size.

Stay off the accelerator pedal a bit more and you could do better. Your vehicle's fuel system seems fine for now.
Thanks for your response. Pls, how do I stay off the accelerator when the car needs to move, sir? I'm keen to learn how better I can conserve fuel.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
sammyscholar:
Thanks for your response. Pls, do I stay off the accelerator and the car needs to move, sir? I'm keen to learn how better I can conserve fuel.

Okay see how I do mine. In every vehicle with a traditional automatic gearbox there is a specific rpm where your vehicle automatically changes it’s upward gears and there is another specific rpm where you can ‘force’ the vehicle to change its gears manually. Keeping in the highest gear at any specific speed is the key to constantly conserving your fuel.

Like on mine if I put my foot down on my accelerator without taking my foot off of it (like if I wanted to race from a red light) my gearbox switches up from gear 1 - 2, gear 2 - 3 etc between 3000rpm - 3500rpm. This makes you move fast but it also makes your vehicle use excessive fuel too.

BUT

If I wanted to conserve fuel, I can force my gearbox to change gears at another specific point in its rev band. Like if I was not in a rush I can conserve fuel by slowly lifting up my foot from the accelerator pedal once my rev reaches 2000rpm and my gears will switch upwards from gear 1 - 2, 2 - 3 etc. What I mean is like, if from a red light, I start moving, I will depress my throttle pedal and watch my rev counter keenly. Once it touches the 2000rpm point i lift my foot off the pedal slightly and my gearbox will upshift into gear 2, I then depress the pedal again and keep watching my rpm counter and once it gets to the 2000rpm point again i slightly lift up my foot and the gearbox will upshift into gear 3 and I keep doing it from gear 3 to 4 and up untill I get into my final gear.

If you diligently follow the procedure above you will always be in the best torque to horsepower ratio to conserve fuel on your vehicle.

I hope you understand.

Note : I drive a vehicle with a larger engine displacement than your matrix so if I can ‘force’ my gearbox to upshift manually at 2000rpm yours might be at the 2,500rpm band. Try yours out and see if you can find the sweet spot to manually shifting your gears.

Good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatIgboBoy: 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
Gentlelife50:

grin grin
Mention name nobody go flog you
The twerker knows himself. Everybody knows too.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
CNG-converted vehicle explodes

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM2swEcuA/
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sammyscholar(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
Conner44:

Okay see how I do mine. In every vehicle with a traditional automatic gearbox there is a specific rpm where your vehicle automatically changes it’s upward gears and there is another specific rpm where you can ‘force’ the vehicle to change its gears manually. Keeping in the highest gear at any specific speed is the key to constantly conserving your fuel.

Like on mine if I put my foot down on my accelerator without taking my foot off of it (like if I wanted to race from a red light) my gearbox switches up from gear 1 - 2, gear 2 - 3 etc between 3000rpm - 3500rpm. This makes you move fast but it also makes your vehicle use excessive fuel too.

BUT

If I wanted to conserve fuel, I can force my gearbox to change gears at another specific point in its rev band. Like if I was not in a rush I can conserve fuel by slowly lifting up my foot from the accelerator pedal once my rev reaches 2000rpm and my gears will switch upwards from gear 1 - 2, 2 - 3 etc. What I mean is like, if from a red light, I start moving, I will depress my throttle pedal and watch my rev counter keenly. Once it touches the 2000rpm point i lift my foot off the pedal slightly and my gearbox will upshift into gear 2, I then depress the pedal again and keep watching my rpm counter and once it gets to the 2000rpm point again i slightly lift up my foot and the gearbox will upshift into gear 3 and I keep doing it from gear 3 to 4 and up untill I get into my final gear.

If you diligently follow the procedure above you will always be in the best torque to horsepower ratio to conserve fuel on your vehicle.

I hope you understand.

Note : I drive a vehicle with a larger engine displacement than your matrix so if I can ‘force’ my gearbox to upshift manually at 2000rpm yours might be at the 2,500rpm band. Try yours out and see if you can find the sweet spot to manually shifting your gears.

Good luck
Wow! Thanks. I will have to read this over and over to understand and apply it. Thanks once again!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Impulse80(m): 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2023
Raw2:
The Benz show am renewed premium shege. Since then no luxury car to vlog with. Soon he'll share how to cook jollof rice with 1500 on YouTube

Omo this guy get bad mouth! 😂

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
E be like say driving na soft work now.... because where una see the energy to they go back and forth? shocked

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2023
Itsrm:

Just wanted to comment on the first part of your post.

Manufacturers are sometimes conservative with their stated mpg. It is not unusual to get above their stated mpg irrespective of the age of the car.

I have a vehicle rated at 18mpg city. The least I get driving conservatively is 19mpg and depending on road conditions, it can go as high as 23mpg.

And like I always say, a lot depends on how you drive.

And you're right. In this PH, I have not seen any filling station without adjusted pump. Not even NNPC.

Every engineer knows that the older it becomes the less efficient it is.

So your observation is not absolute.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
saudatu:

Brother abeg I was ask to reach reach you ooo....
My Camry 03 fuel consumption is high. Pls help me make I no dey work for Petrol Station and bolt commission. Thank you sir

Just call me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
Luxurydriverng:

Get the point I'm trying to push, rideshare money is peanut except you have a fleet before you can bearly reap the profit, if you a solo driver you will only continue to live hand to mouth driving full time.

Na wetin I dey shout be dis oooh, they say I’m casting d hustle or talking down on d hustle cos I don jappa…

Well I came late to dis party I will just dey observe b4 dem begin drag me upndan.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
Luxurydriverng:

Your case na condem right from time I just check the history

Oh na now u no say u dey mumu urself with that ass's licker...lozzz...

Dey play...

Better face your business and leave those two monikers

They'll never change in this life despite change is constant but it failed in their turn.

The cheerfulgiver guy will be the first to insult and curse ooh but when you return the favor pope191 will carry it like a vulture carrying a pot of sacrifice in his head to ring road and will start spoiling your name that you insulted everybody just to gain popularity sympathy... So sad!

My brother, just like you rightly said, no matter the good you do in life haters will always hate.

Me I keep being myself.
If you curse me I go go to top of the mountain and curse your generation
If you bless me
I will climb an alter and you and your generation.
It's an eye for an eye for me.

Pope191 that cursed himself if cursed already... E no go better for am... So shall it me... Na him curse him self no b me... Na him say him papa go use him hand burial am no be talk am ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2023
ThatIgboBoy:

The twerker knows himself. Everybody knows too.

Please I don’t know d person give me clue from d options below.

Is it
A. conner44
B. Mr cho Cho choo
C. Empty barrel-loudest noise
D.cheerful Ass licker
E. All of d above

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2023
Conner44:

Bro abeg take jeje dey quote me with this type of ‘shade’ lipsrsealed

You don experience where you wan fight person, the person first carry bottle, beak am, chuuk himself before him begin face you . . . ? shocked

I dey fear live wire tinzz well well these days shocked

True confession ...lolzzz

Tojah... How far?
Any contribution received??

I want to rent a house at Chevron ooh

Oga Conner oya be the first to contribute for charity.

Shey light dey Nigeria?
Why you dey fear high tention??
Hahah

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
I won't think twice before taking my back, if I were the one.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
Luxurydriverng:

Lolz this guy na agbaya I swear from the way he talks he sounds so frustrated looking for someone down fall, guy take a break off the road and heal

You should have known by now.

Since the day I knew I started praying for him.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2023
dapotemi:

Don't be surprised, it is one of the quality or xteristics you need to absorb when you drive long hour....if you move closer, they also take hemp and the other white powder.

These day you come dey make sense well well ooh.

Do you know that then when I was "active driver "... Lolzz .. I no dey ever understand anything you dey reason...

That long driving has a way of twisting once sense if reasoning.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2023
saudatu:

Thanks boss. God bless you more sir

No worry e go soon clear for ur eyes

Continue

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
Felicity001:

Dey play...

but when you return the favor pope191 will carry it like a vulture carrying a pot of sacrifice in his head to ring road and will start spoiling your name that you insulted everybody just to gain popularity sympathy... So sad!

grin
Vulture head grin grin grin
What of dt black bishop head

play on play on pope191 & blackbishop don buy matket for ur hand.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
Raw2:
The Benz show am renewed premium shege. Since then no luxury car to vlog with. Soon he'll share how to cook jollof rice with 1500 on YouTube

No naaa dis is against d rule of play
Haba how can u say from luxury car to luxury jollof rice

Noooooo. give dis man red card.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
Should the ehailing apps increase their fares

If you support say "hi"

Against, say "nay"

The "nay" have it!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2023
BAZ001:

grin
Vulture head grin grin grin
What of dt black bishop head

play on play on pope191 & blackbishop don buy matket for ur hand.

See ass the black pope din quickly drop contact...lolzz... No wonder him dey lick ass all these days... He has forgotten so soon how I raised him up here.

No matter what boy no fit grow pass oga even if every oga (fada) wish and prays for their boy(child) to be better than them but oga remains oga

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
Luxurydriverng:

Lolz this guy na agbaya I swear from the way he talks he sounds so frustrated looking for someone down fall, guy take a break off the road and heal

No he can’t take break, off he’s still on rentals according to dav1002. He must deliver every week no break no leave. He drives from 4am to 9am next day according to TheModerator.

Dis thread ehhhh grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
Felicity001:

See ass the black pope din quickly drop contact...lolzz... No wonder him dey lick ass all these days... He has forgotten so soon how I raised him up here.

No matter what boy no fit grow pass oga even if every oga (fada) wish and prays for their boy(child) to be better than them but oga remains oga

Odogwu feli number 1 Oga na Oga.
U mean am Na u raise pope191?
Chaiii,
No matter what dey say about you, I don’t believe them (pope191 & blackbishop) just disrespecting u upandan d thread grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2023
BAZ001:

Is it
A. conner44
B. Mr cho Cho choo
D.cheerful Ass licker
E. All of d above

Please go far from anything related to me, the reply was for me.
I don't want them to say I am you or you are me, or that we are us or say I am twerking for you or you are twerking for me or we are twerking for ourselves.
grin

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
Atk1nson:
The way some people easily get pissed off and begin abusing on this thread...smh grin

They use the spirit of danfo driving to drive uber

Make una dey mention moniker with full chest naah. grin
Who be that person again
U mean d person na bus (danfo) lovers

Una just get bad mouth anyhow for dis thread grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
BAZ001:

Make una dey mention moniker with full chest naah. grin
Who be that person again
U mean d person na bus (danfo) lovers

Una just get bad mouth anyhow for dis thread grin

I tire ooo, the way they fear like say na congo dem dey.
Mention name, nothing go happen.
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Please go far from anything related to me, the reply was for me.
I don't want them to say I am you or you are me, or that we are us or say I am twerking for you or you are twerking for me or we are twerking for ourselves.
grin

You also lick Cheerful a$$ or talk Cho Cho choo without making sense grin
Oya make I dey go far from you before dem think you are me and start dragging me and not you

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThatIgboBoy: 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
BAZ001:

Is it
A. conner44
B. Mr cho Cho choo
D.cheerful Ass licker
E. All of d above

If you don't gerrit, forget it wink

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saudatu(m): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
Conner44:

You did 14mpg as someone said earlier and it’s very bad for your vehicle. Try to see a competent mechanic to check you fuel systems asap.

Thank boss but the mechanic I have said every thing is perfect. Pls what the I check because it really eating my profit.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
ThatIgboBoy:
Na for this thread I see adult man dey twerk for another man.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by saudatu(m): 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
Blackbishop:

Just call me

Ok boss. Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (5404) (5405) (5406) (5407) (5408) (5409) (5410) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Barbiturate(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.