Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4767549 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5415) (5416) (5417) (5418) (5419) (5420) (5421) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2023
Felicity001:

Why admire what you can't use?
Keep fear aside, one thing must kill a man. Live life to the fullest.

BMW, MB and Range Rover are my best automobile, I'm currently using one and I'm sure I'll add the 2nd and the 3 soonest.

One just need all the thrills in this life before you cross over to the afterlife here

This fraudulent thief Sabi make mouth
You get money to dey use BMW, MB and RANGE but you no get money to leave your mama house, common 10k to send give your wife for pot of soup you no even get
Tufia

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 9:16am On Aug 03, 2023
Gentlelife50:

My Guy a dealer buy car F150 but everything was normal as we test drive, put machine and there was no check engine lights or whatsoever lights on the dashboard.
But on our way back the steering became as strong and stiff as if you're driving a trailer, we called the man he said he knows nothing about it that he even bought the car for personal use.
We spent days at ojuelegba trying to sort the issue, bought different steering racks and pumps even bought one brand new.
Until we took it to one Guy that said we should go and come back but before we go that his pannel beater will check if their is catalyst so we don't come and say he removed it.
That he has experienced it several times, we argued that the car is toks and no lights but the Guy insist then we paid the panel and to our greatest fear no catalyst.
We end of fixing it the next day, but the technician couldn't notice all these before payments were made.

Bros, within the last 10 yrs I have gotten not less than 4 naija used vehicle, excluding the toks...Except one for some reason, the other 3 served perfectly b4 they were slold off...My watchword is simple, raise ur budget, don't buy from agent/dealer, target individuals that just want to sell, maybe for upgrade/relocation or they need urgent 2k..The funny thing is, I usually buy at premium, most times the diff btw what I'll pay and the price for toks might not be more than 200/300k...Another thing is, the only one I took a mechanic to inspect is the only one I regret buying...I once got a Corolla and I took it to gazzuzz, baba say 'this ur car na full package', couldn't believe it was used..Diff btw the car and toks na 200k...
If you researched about vehicles well like me, once you see a good ride, you'll know...and most importantly, DON'T BE ANXIOUS, DONT BE IN A HURRY TO BUY...people usually prey on this to emotionally subdue you and get you cheated. I can decide that I need a nig used car today, money is ready but I might not buy until December, yes until I see exactly what I want! I no dey rush...Family and friends notice this trait and they now come to me whenever they need a car, especially if they're getting nig used..Most time, I'll just tell them to get their funds ready, it will come..Some they reach 6 month!!! None has ever regretted, reason no one has called me out like our bros here....
Your downfall start the day you approach an agent that you need a car...My own experience...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2023
dav1002:

I was tempted to reply you in a way that will suit you but noticed you weren't referring to me.
You get luck
Goat

You noticed wrong. He specifically referred to you in this passage below from his post

As for dav001 that one na mad man with memory and recognition lost, person wey no fit differentiate btw his mentor and his driver (hirer) shey that kind person get sense?

I said let me just point it out incase you missed it before. wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:27am On Aug 03, 2023
tojahh:
After the one week of Pearl posting his daily earnings and no almighty salary earner can post theirs to really shut drivers up.

Anybody that talk against Ehailing being a poor Man's eldoraldo will be damned!

Una don see evidence now. Una no dey drag again. Even the Congolese Scrap metal worker no go show him working too but all of una quick to talk down on driver.

With this salary being posted here daily. I wonder where the inferiority to seat amongst GHOST abi PEERS come from. In one week, he's about to earn 200k yet people wey their salary no reach him one week money dey chook mouth like Asari Dokubo for wetin no concern them.

Spits!!

Oil dey ya head

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2023
donbrowser:

I don't know for others, I'm in Nigeria and nairaland doesn't pay my bills. I haven't learn the skill of paying foreign country bills through nairaland memes from you. So I don't have much time to laugh at someone's back

grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:33am On Aug 03, 2023
Acidosis:

Many e-hailing drivers obviously earn more than their passengers who earn salaries but have you considered the impact of a single policy on the e-hailing job? Uber partners should not be too comfortable. A single policy change from Sanwo-Olu and your job is gone. They have done it before with Oride, Gokada, etc., They can absolutely do it again.

This one na ‘technicality’ abi wetin? undecided there is no business that cannot by be affected by government regulations or policies.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:46am On Aug 03, 2023
Conner44:

This one na ‘technicality’ abi wetin? undecided there is no business that cannot by be affected by government regulations or policies.

Lolz...people are impossible. They just want to see the coma. But forgetting to apply that same coma to everyother aspect of life.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2023
tojahh:
After the one week of Pearl posting his daily earnings and no almighty salary earner can post theirs to really shut drivers up.

Anybody that talk against Ehailing being a poor Man's eldoraldo will be damned!

Una don see evidence now. Una no dey drag again. Even the Congolese Scrap metal worker no go show him working too but all of una quick to talk down on driver.

With this salary being posted here daily. I wonder where the inferiority to seat amongst GHOST abi PEERS come from. In one week, he's about to earn 200k yet people wey their salary no reach him one week money dey chook mouth like Asari Dokubo for wetin no concern them.

Spits!!

You want people to come and post their salary alert for you to see...You see this is what have been saying, there is a way this job will eventually affect the way you reason, more like a goat! I don't even know what the guy sitting beside me takes home, neither do I know exactly what my colleague earns at month end, I can only guess their range....Do you know how to reason like an idiot? By writing a formal email to HR and ask to know what your colleague takes home...
I think the problem is, you think all this money being posted is ALOT of money and it means the person has achieved success..well, it's ok if it's big to you...and I think where we are coming from is the diff.. I'll leave it that way.
I saw pearls post, and I admired that tenacity to pick and complete 22 trips in a day, consecutively. It's not a small feat and I commend him, I CAN'T do it for that output though, I won't do it for tokenism but the guy try, he's a born driver, he was created for this Hussle. he's built for this job and I don't think he needs any direction again, he's found his, obviously and I congratulate him.

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2023
dapotemi:

You want people to come and post their salary alert for you to see...You see this is what have been saying, there is a way this job will eventually affect the way you reason, more like a goat! I don't even know what the guy sitting beside me takes home, neither do I know exactly what my colleague earns at month end, I can only guess their range....Do you know how to reason like an idiot? By writing a formal email to HR and ask to know what your colleague takes home...
I think the problem is, you think all this money being posted is ALOT of money and it means the person has achieved success..well, it's ok if it's big to you...and I think where we are coming from is the diff.. I'll leave it that way.
I saw pearls post, and I admired that tenacity to pick and complete 22 trips in a day, consecutively. It's not a small feat and I commend him, I CAN'T do it for that output though, I won't do it for tokenism but the guy try, he's a born driver, he was created for this Hussle. he's built for this job and I don't think he needs any direction again, he's found his, obviously and I congratulate him.

The simple truth here is everybody ain’t built to be an officer worker neither is anyone born to be a driver. But the hustle that gives you fulfillment and success is worth doing well.

So bro if that is what gives him joy and put food on his table bro he’s not doing bad as far as am concerned.

I dehumanize anybody’s hustle cuz myself am a graduate of Computer Science from Babcock University and I left both Skye Bank and FCMB to learn mechanic cuz I was miserable working in bank both as ET back then.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 10:36am On Aug 03, 2023
Blackbishop:

The simple truth here is everybody ain’t built to be an officer worker neither is anyone born to be a driver. But the hustle that gives you fulfillment and success is worth doing well.

So bro if that is what gives him joy and put food on his table bro he’s not doing bad as far as am concerned.

I dehumanize anybody’s hustle cuz myself am a graduate of Computer Science from Babcock University and I left both Skye Bank and FCMB to learn mechanic cuz I was miserable working in bank both as ET back then.
I agree with you.. He's not being dehumanize.
It's just necessary that we don't always try to sound foolish so they won't abuse us that we don't think because we are driver....Once you're happy then it's good to go!!!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by supo19884: 10:37am On Aug 03, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I'm conducting academic research on the impact of AI integration on project change management. Your participation in this survey will help me to better understand the challenges and opportunities associated with this topic.

To take the survey, please click on the following google form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeAsYQiARr8ruKVSkv4HzDszbJXto9kQepwKPipp-DRTW2fYQ/formResponse.

I would also be grateful if you could share the survey with your network. This will help me to reach a wider audience and get more valuable feedback. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Regards,
Olasupo Malomo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2023

I CAN'T do it for that output though, I won't do it for tokenism

For those who have issues reading long posts the summary of the above members opinion is simply detailed below :

I am too self conscious or lazy to drive from 5am till 6pm daily to earn better than I currently do by carrying 22 different people from one point to another with my own vehicle

It’s his opinion and he is entirely entitled to it wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:44am On Aug 03, 2023
Conner44:

For those who have issues reading long posts the summary of the above members opinion is simply detailed below :

I am too self conscious or lazy to drive from 5am till 6pm daily to earn better than I currently do by carrying 22 different people from one point to another with my own vehicle

It’s his opinion and he is entirely entitled to it wink

If people just give their opinions based on their strength and experience, there will not be any quarrel on this thread.
It is when they want to project their shadow upon everyother person that's when they will hear my voice.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:06am On Aug 03, 2023
dapotemi:

U r Insulting now, if u get insulted back u will say it's driving that has skewed drivers mentality. Tell us, what has been twisting ur mentality these days?
U sound cold today, It's like ur boss has washed u down this morning. Or u r sad to see someone making more than your full months salary in 1week?
That's how u will be bragging, but ordinary 1.5m to buy car, u will need office loan to do so.
Always saying u come from a different place; guy u come from nothing. I know ur type. Shishi u no get, ur background is underground, probably it's ur wife that's supporting your home (that's if anyone finds u attractive enough to commit her life with u), but u will be online yarning dust. No let me unleash Pope Vs Felicity with u o. I don repent. I want to remain pure, no come stain me.

U aren't proud to tell us what u do for a living, we don't need to see your pay slip. Just tell us what u do, dont even bother about your company name. Atleast I am a proud driver, (which u admire but never can be) and I have said it countless times what I did before I resigned and started ehailing full-time.

If u can't say this is what I am doing then u aren't fit to be a coach or counsellor, or to advise or direct anybody.

17 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:07am On Aug 03, 2023
Your downfall start the day you approach an agent that you need a car...My own experience

grin grin grin grin

Sir dapotemi, do you mean any agent, or LIME N LEMONI LIMCA agents?

Asking for a friend

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:08am On Aug 03, 2023
Pearl1910:

U r Insulting now, if u get insulted back u will say it's driving that has skewed drivers mentality. Tell us, what has been twisting ur mentality these days?
U sound cold today, It's like ur boss has washed u down this morning. Or u r sad to see someone making more than your full months salary in 1week.
That's how u will be bragging, but ordinary 1.5m to buy car, u will need office loan to do so.
Always saying u come from a different place; guy u come from nothing. I know ur type. Shishi u no get, ur background is underground, probably it's ur wife that's supporting your home, but u will be online yarning dust. No let me unleash Pope Vs Felicity with u o. I don repent. I want to remain pure, no come stain me.

U aren't proud to tell us what u do for a living, we don't need to see your pay slip. Just tell us what u do, dont even bother about your company name. Atleast I am a proud driver, (which u admire but never can be) and I have said it countless times what I did before I resigned and started ehailing full-time.

If u can't say this is what I am doing then u aren't fit to be a coach or counsellor, or to advise or direct anybody.

Ride on proud driver!!!! Engagement is costly now...

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2023
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

Asking for a friend

Lols...he said that just after telling us he does agent for friends and family.
Brainless fellow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2023
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

Asking for a friend

Baba ,I no dey house o...My bat3 remain 1%.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:11am On Aug 03, 2023
Acidosis:

Many e-hailing drivers obviously earn more than their passengers who earn salaries but have you considered the impact of a single policy on the e-hailing job? Uber partners should not be too comfortable. A single policy change from Sanwo-Olu and your job is gone. They have done it before with Oride, Gokada, etc., They can absolutely do it again.

But untill then... Let the Ehailing drivers breathe. People in other sector of hustle loses their jobs daily and no one dies.

No be today... You saw the swift change when Oride was canceled., So Ehailing drivers won't die. For now let them stay in their comfortable state.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2023
Pearl1910:

Lols...he said that just after telling us he does agent for friends and family.
Brainless fellow.
I don bite you this morning lol.... oya Pele boy...Lie Muhammed small for where u dey....

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:13am On Aug 03, 2023
dapotemi:

Yeah, I thought as much...run along now.
U can't give what u don't have.
Anytime I see your fake posts I will cancel u.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:14am On Aug 03, 2023
dapotemi:

All this one na grammar... Is either you post your competitive YES SIR salary or Getat.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2023
dapotemi:

But like seriously, what are you doing for living, why are you so attached to this thread? undecided

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2023
Pearl1910:

Yeah, I thought as much...run along now.
U can't give what u don't have.
Anytime I see your fake posts I will cancel u.

CANCEL OH so everything that happens here actually mean something to you, like it's stay in your head..OMG
So when you post here, it's gives you some kinda satisfaction, makes you think you're WINNER..oh I get, now I know the reason for the STOICISM.
So you're a kinda celeb now abi, nairaland celeb wey dey cancel....

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2023
Bammzzie:

But like seriously, what are you doing for living, why are you so attached to this thread? undecided

I drive.. I'm a driver.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:20am On Aug 03, 2023
tojahh:

All this one na grammar... Is either you post your competitive YES SIR salary or Getat.

Nah I full GROUND HERE...I get small time lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:25am On Aug 03, 2023
dapotemi:

Bros, within the last 10 yrs I have gotten not less than 4 naija used vehicle, excluding the toks...Except one for some reason, the other 3 served perfectly b4 they were slold off...My watchword is simple, raise ur budget, don't buy from agent/dealer, target individuals that just want to sell, maybe for upgrade/relocation or they need urgent 2k..The funny thing is, I usually buy at premium, most times the diff btw what I'll pay and the price for toks might not be more than 200/300k...Another thing is, the only one I took a mechanic to inspect is the only one I regret buying...I once got a Corolla and I took it to gazzuzz, baba say 'this ur car na full package', couldn't believe it was used..Diff btw the car and toks na 200k...
If you researched about vehicles well like me, once you see a good ride, you'll know...and most importantly, DON'T BE ANXIOUS, DONT BE IN A HURRY TO BUY...people usually prey on this to emotionally subdue you and get you cheated. I can decide that I need a nig used car today, money is ready but I might not buy until December, yes until I see exactly what I want! I no dey rush...Family and friends notice this trait and they now come to me whenever they need a car, especially if they're getting nig used..Most time, I'll just tell them to get their funds ready, it will come..Some they reach 6 month!!! None has ever regretted, reason no one has called me out like our bros here....
Your downfall start the day you approach an agent that you need a car...My own experience...
You're correct, better naija used cars dey but many people go say e too cost.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:27am On Aug 03, 2023
dapotemi:

Nah I full GROUND HERE...I get small time lol

Dey play

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2023
dapotemi:

CANCEL OH so everything that happens here actually mean something to you, like it's stay in your head..OMG
So when you post here, it's gives you some kinda satisfaction, makes you think you're WINNER..oh I get, now I know the reason for the STOICISM.
So you're a kinda celeb now abi, nairaland celeb wey dey cancel....

Offcourse it does mean something to me..I am not faceless, I don't come here to catch cruise.
I am aware people depend on infomation to make lives decisions. I don't come online to play, I take my engagements here seriously. Reason why it pains me when I see intentional or decietful misrepresentation of things.
Yes, it gives me satisfaction that I am contributing to real human lives that I never know, may never meet or benefit from.

See who is talking about Stoicism... grin I laff in pigin, guy u r an epitome of Stoicism if u dont know.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 11:35am On Aug 03, 2023
Gentlelife50:

You're correct, better naija used cars dey but many people go say e too cost.

Usually, the thinking is that because it's nig used, it will be cheap....Cheaper than toks, I can agree but downright CHEAP, No no for me..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 12:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Pearl1910:

This is a fake alert o wink
Felicity I have sent you fake alerts come and deny it....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
Gentlelife50:

I am not drifting Sir, we are still saying some thing.
The truth is you can't compare sleep with death, most of the cars used oversees can never be compare to the ones used here.
Yes there are still few Nigerians that takes care of thier cars, but the environment also plays a role.
For instance how many people even scan their cars before trying to fix anything, most times they com here and ask for suggestions then work on the things we suggest.
Again chances of getting good spare parts here is slim, how about the mechanics?
Many people can't afford the seasoned ones, the traffics and stress these cars experience here no be small.
I used ordinary paint as instance, compare the paints that comes with these vehicles to what we have here.
I know someone will argue there painters who are good, fine but what of the panel beaters that will work on the car?
They just do whatever they like so the painter can do his painting, that's why once I see a car painted in Naija I will always know.
But oyibo will change fenders, bummers or them to do proper work if need be, even their filler, gums are miles ahead of what we have here.
Bro na only few Naija cars can beat foreign used cars if we are to compare.
But their bill is crazy bro. I think that's why they prefer to sell than fix. Come see them on youtube thanking automobile content creators for saving them from spending huge money.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5415) (5416) (5417) (5418) (5419) (5420) (5421) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: mattfeuter(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.