Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4796691 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5546) (5547) (5548) (5549) (5550) (5551) (5552) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 6:44am On Oct 17, 2023
Felicity0001:

I sight you
Im loyal and opened for employment in your company sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:35am On Oct 17, 2023
ReadaDream:
How many people use the car here compared to Corolla?.. I don't have any problem with fuel. Even though my A/F Sensor is bad, I still make profit.

For a fact, there a 10s of cars with better fuel economy than Corolla.

Good u have also spoken out...u never did before now cos I know u use same car but since u no talk, I just think say u dey fear to counter Felicity.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hefelove(m): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2023
Felicity0001:

Even that Mazda guys use for Uber has better mpg than the Corolla.

The only competitive advantage the Corolla has over all of these cars is the 2nd value even the resale value self it's due to its popular demand... We Nigerians made it so.

Even the EOD i4 is a fantastic mpg...

But the pearl we all know has never agreed to a fact so no point arguing with him

Readadream's car is even a 2.0L while my is 1.8l with turbo so I don't know how pearl wants to win this argument

That swimming poll at bale street somewhere around Jakande or wherever and all the waters in that terrain my car has swim all of them not once not twice, countless times... A lot of Corolla died in those pool but my enters and come out.

Shey na Ikorodu I never go? Satalite, Ojo LGA, badagry... Ibadan? Some places only two tires will be in the ground yet my car has never stock neither has any one help me push it.

The body is strong, a yokozuna can sleep on the Binet yet you won't find any dent.

Cost of maintenance is cheaper, parts are cheap the only thing is when the electrical issues starts you won't enjoy having it.

If not for bad roads in Nigeria who do you think will be using most Toyota cars?
Nobody
Abeg na which car you Dey talk about here?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:42am On Oct 17, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Yaris
City
Accent
Focus
Civic08
Cerato added
Rio
Skoda
Golf
Jetta
S40

The rest aren't 1.8litre engines and d ones that are 1.8 can't last quarter the life of a corolla
Add
Hyundai Elantra 07-10
Nissan Sentra

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 8:43am On Oct 17, 2023
Felicity0001:

Leave am make him dey talk.

Who no go can neva relate

Wetin be corolla where benz dey. I got the opportunity to drive one w203 2001 manual, well maintained. O boy see leather interior with dual climate and baaad gbedu wey dey inside. The owner said the fuel consumption tight.

I dey use that car dream

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2023
Felicity0001:

Even that Mazda guys use for Uber has better mpg than the Corolla.

The only competitive advantage the Corolla has over all of these cars is the 2nd value even the resale value self it's due to its popular demand... We Nigerians made it so.

Even the EOD i4 is a fantastic mpg...

But the pearl we all know has never agreed to a fact so no point arguing with him

Readadream's car is even a 2.0L while my is 1.8l with turbo so I don't know how pearl wants to win this argument

That swimming poll at bale street somewhere around Jakande or wherever and all the waters in that terrain my car has swim all of them not once not twice, countless times... A lot of Corolla died in those pool but my enters and come out.

Shey na Ikorodu I never go? Satalite, Ojo LGA, badagry... Ibadan? Some places only two tires will be in the ground yet my car has never stock neither has any one help me push it.

The body is strong, a yokozuna can sleep on the Binet yet you won't find any dent.

Cost of maintenance is cheaper, parts are cheap the only thing is when the electrical issues starts you won't enjoy having it.

If not for bad roads in Nigeria who do you think will be using most Toyota cars?
Nobody

Felicity leave all these turenchi.
I can beat my chest one of the things that drove u out of ehailing is d problematic car u bought.
I have a Mazda3 2008 and the fuel consumption is comparable with Bigdaddy not corolla.
I have managed different cars in my fleet and I can tell u for free corolla is not overhyped. All things being equal, that's d car that will give u d most peace of mind. All cars have their own limitations and errors and corolla has d least problems in it's class.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:41am On Oct 17, 2023
Pearl1910:

The rest aren't 1.8litre engines and d ones that are 1.8 can't last quarter the life of a corolla
Add
Hyundai Elantra 07-10
Nissan Sentra
What do you mean they are not 1.8?

They are even 1.6 engines, they come in varieties unlike Toyota that only have 1.8 engines.
And saying they can't last quarter the life of Corolla is a big lie, maybe in Nigeria sha because some times the problem with some of these brands is getting the right mechanics.
But know this they are strong if not even stronger than your Corolla.
They use same shocks, and other stuffs like Toyota too. Some even have engines that can outlasts Corolla engines, but the problem is like i said getting the right mechanics, even to get their parts but u can always get Toyota parts almost at every corner and naturally our kazeems don't like these cars and will quickly condemn it and help you kill it and say they told you the car isn't good.

I have someone who will always use F150 instead of tundra (he used it before but doesn't like the experience) but he always complain of mechanics and how difficult it is to source their parts.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:41am On Oct 17, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Wetin be corolla where benz dey. I got the opportunity to drive one w203 2001 manual, well maintained. O boy see leather interior with dual climate and baaad gbedu wey dey inside. The owner said the fuel consumption tight.

I dey use that car dream

Lolz...u guys don't misunderstand me o. I hope we are still discussing within the ambit of ehailing and commercial profitability not general comfort, luxury and driving experience

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:42am On Oct 17, 2023
Pearl1910:

Add
Hyundai Elantra 07-10
Nissan Sentra
You even removed civic again?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2023
Gentlelife50:

What do you mean they are not 1.8?

They are even 1.6 engines, they come in varieties unlike Toyota that only have 1.8 engines.
And saying they can't last quarter the life of Corolla is a big lie, maybe in Nigeria sha because some times the problem with some of these brands is getting the right mechanics.
But know this they are strong if not even stronger than your Corolla.
They use same shocks, and other stuffs like Toyota too. Some even have engines that can outlasts Corolla engines, but the problem is like i said getting the right mechanics, even to get their parts but u can always get Toyota parts almost at every corner and naturally our kazeems don't like these cars and will quickly condemn it and help you kill it and say they told you the car isn't good.

I have someone who will always use F150 instead of tundra (he used it before but doesn't like the experience) but he always complain of mechanics and how difficult it is to source their parts.

First bolded - my point exactly, so don't compare apples with oranges.

Second bolded - are we not in Nigeria? Our conditions, our experience!

As per quality parts, Toyota is miles apart from these other brands. So if u use them thesame way, all things being equal, Toyota will outlast them. If I tell u I have only changed shocks ones in my high mileage 4year old corolla with my workrate will u believe?
A car doesn't flood the market in error or by chance, growing up it was Peugeot 504, Benz V yash or 230E or 190 flat booth. Those cars were built to last forever, they weren't popular for fun, they were actually quality cars.
Today u can buy a naija used 2003 corolla that has been driven in Nigeria for 6years and u will still revive it, can u try it with Volvo, or nissan or Kia? Amada, Acura and Morano are a few cars that came but their reign couldn't be sustained.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:18am On Oct 17, 2023
Gentlelife50:

You even removed civic again?

I know 5people who use the car and it's fuel economy isn't comparable with corolla at all. Don't take my word for it, do ur research.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olusola2bello: 10:20am On Oct 17, 2023
Good morning guys ...please does anyone know Bolts office? They've moved from Salem and the security there said they don't know where they are now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 10:28am On Oct 17, 2023
How many drivers dey outside like this?
As for me, make I just dey play my PS2 jeje.
I can tell that this traffic is as a result of that damaged spot on 3MB, rain, and queue at filling stations.
I dey even feel like not driving today self, cos the weather is good for sleeping as the rain still dey drop some great jam. cool

Much respect, bosses.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:41am On Oct 17, 2023
Pearl1910:

Lolz...u guys don't misunderstand me o. I hope we are still discussing within the ambit of ehailing and commercial profitability not general comfort, luxury and driving experience

I feel you boss, this benz sef the tokunbo no even cost reach corolla. This corolla we talking about the parts no cheap at all.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:02am On Oct 17, 2023
Glithronix:
I can tell that this traffic is as a result of that damaged spot on 3MB, rain, and queue at filling stations.
I dey even feel like not driving today self, cos the weather is good for sleeping as the rain still dey drop some great jam. cool

Much respect, bosses.

I dey road, before u wake up start work I don do 40k grin
Everywhere stew

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:05am On Oct 17, 2023
YeyeGbami:

I feel you boss, this benz sef the tokunbo no even cost reach corolla. This corolla we talking about the parts no cheap at all.

Cause and effect.
Soup wey sweet, na money kill am

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:12am On Oct 17, 2023
Pearl1910:

I dey road, before u wake up start work I don do 40k grin
Everywhere stew
I checked now and see say bolt is on red voltage. Chai! grin
Well, you all know say me I be lazy driver, being like you go take a lazybone like me to rainbow and back. grin

Much respect, sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Treaster: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
Glithronix:

Much respect, bosses.

Boss how do you get your map to display this traffic conditions?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BestTrades: 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
BestTrades:

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
Job vacancy

A driver is needed at Maryland
Monday to Saturday

There’s accommodation (optional and manageable)

Salary is 70k

Quote me if you’re interested
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
Treaster:

Boss how do you get your map to display this traffic conditions?
Step 1: open your map and input any destination

Step 2: drag the label in the first picture UP.

Step 3: Click on 'show traffic' as seen in second picture.
Always turn it off when your map turns to night mode in the evening (while using the map to navigate), cos it will confuse you.

Much respect, boss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
komodapson:

@bold - I'm really really struggling to make sense out of this your petroleum economics postulations, and I'm sure na me no sabi book, grin can you please explain that part small

If I buy raw materials @ 10 naira.. the finished products will bear the 10 naira cost.

If I buy same materials @ 18 naira, the finished products will reflect this new additional cost of inputs.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
Pearl1910:

Cause and effect.
Soup wey sweet, na money kill am

I still dey wonder how you fit use car on ehailing for 4 years in this lagos and changed shock only once. I doubt if KYB sef go survive for that long.

E b lyke say na your driving school i wan register now, make i come learn how to defend my shock from lagos roads.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 7:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
Aspiring drivers and frustrated ones. Don't give up!

Many people when they hear tech, the next thing that comes to their mind is coding. That's not true. Let me even shock you that coding in Nigeria is becoming saturated.

While you're waiting for rental, hire purchase or you're intending to give up, pick up your laptop and start learning "community management". There is a market for it at the moment in Nigeria with only few people available for lots of jobs.

This is a skill you can learn in 2 months, and get employed at any age. Another one is "product design". These skills are not hard and you will eventually get a good pay on your 2nd job.

If you don't know where to learn, start from YouTube. If you have money, go to Udemy. The FG is also training people at the moment through Alat for free.

My 2 Cent!

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by whatisthetruth: 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
So Bolt banned me for a WHOLE YEAR for refusing long pick up trips.

Customer support mocking me and telling me that it's all about radius, even if the radius is across a body of water.

The way we are exploited in Nigeria is crazy.

Look at one of the pics below, they actually wanted me to drive to Ikoyi from V.I, to pick someone and take them back to V.I, like wow.

That means profit on that trip will be like N200-N400, that's like 40 cents.

May God help us to find better work/gigs in Jesus name, amen!

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 5:09am On Oct 18, 2023
whatisthetruth:
So Bolt banned me for a WHOLE YEAR for refusing long pick up trips.

Customer support mocking me and telling me that it's all about radius, even if the radius is across a body of water.

The way we are exploited in Nigeria is crazy.

Look at one of the pics below, they actually wanted me to drive to Ikoyi from V.I, to pick someone and take them back to V.I, like wow.

That means profit on that trip will be like N200-N400, that's like 40 cents.

May God help us to find better work/gigs in Jesus name, amen!

Say no more.. that's Bolt for you. That activity score is nonsense..it needs to be scrapped. Competition is the only way Bolt will change. The regulatory bodies have been compromised.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lifenajeje(m): 6:53am On Oct 18, 2023
Hi guys

Pls how much is average weekly rental presently ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2023
lifenajeje:
Hi guys

Average is N30,000 weekly from what I know. You can negotiate more or less depending on the tools which is the car.

I need a car on rental, incase you have any to give out.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 9:33am On Oct 18, 2023
lifenajeje:
Hi guys

03-06 Corolla = hover around 60k-70k
03-06 Camry = around 40k-50k

It all depends on the state of the vehicle, pls do well to put your vehicle in order, very important...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:52am On Oct 18, 2023
dapotemi:

03-06 Corolla = hover around 60k-70k
03-06 Camry = around 40k-50k

It all depends on the state of the vehicle, pls do well to put your vehicle in order, very important...

Not true.
There's nobody paying 60k/week for a corrolla.. Moove ( that drivers still want a slash) the highest so far, hovers around 55k+ weekly.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:44am On Oct 18, 2023
YeyeGbami:

I still dey wonder how you fit use car on ehailing for 4 years in this lagos and changed shock only once. I doubt if KYB sef go survive for that long.

E b lyke say na your driving school i wan register now, make i come learn how to defend my shock from lagos roads.

Lolz...just drive carefully.
Reject trips to areas with known bad roads.
Change ur linkages frequently...they help support the shocks.
Don't carry overload, no matter how tempting the fare or offer is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 11:45am On Oct 18, 2023
northbird:

Not true.
There's nobody paying 60k/week for a corrolla.. Moove ( that drivers still want a slash) the highest so far, hovers around 55k+ weekly.
Boss, you didn't get the gist. I think he is being sarcastic based on dashboard calculations grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5546) (5547) (5548) (5549) (5550) (5551) (5552) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: bobman(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.