Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735570 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5578) (5579) (5580) (5581) (5582) (5583) (5584) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2023
dav1002:
Bolt try for this update
Remain inDrive and others

Bolt na No 1 for the game. Others follows, but Subsidy removal is really affecting Bolt. I was at their new office yesterday at Providence streets, as in very small office with only 2 staffs attending to drivers. One rude girl and one well manarred guy at the counter. Their formal office used to be very Big with offices, conference rooms, toilets and so many staffs with alots of drivers trooping in and out for support, but yesterday scene didnt show sign of growth. I hope indriver won't take over from them.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2023
Johnchrix:
You cant compare 505 peugeot to our current cars..Your gear box will die in no time.

Excuse me sir... But why can't you compare the 505 Peugeot to our current cars? Please I'm interested in knowing that aspects and facets of these unparallel comparison.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2023
Pearl1910:

Learnt the road has been completed from Alakija to Alaba/lasu na express now. Is it true??

Yes. Smooth down to Lasu gate.
Coming back to mile 2 sef no bad.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:57am On Nov 16, 2023
GeneralZodd:

Bolt na No 1 for the game. Others follows, but Subsidy removal is really affecting Bolt. I was at their new office yesterday at Providence streets, as in very small office with only 2 staffs attending to drivers. One rude girl and one well manarred guy at the counter. Their formal office used to be very Big with offices, conference rooms, toilets and so many staffs with alots of drivers trooping in and out for support, but yesterday scene didnt show sign of growth. I hope indriver won't take over from them.

Na uber be no1.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 11:27am On Nov 16, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Na uber be no1.

Taaaah ! Uber for wia. That one na Past Glory

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2023
tojahh:

Excuse me sir... But why can't you compare the 505 Peugeot to our current cars? Please I'm interested in knowing that aspects and facets of these unparallel comparison.

The only real way our current cars will prove it’s honest reliability is by making it the same amount of time as the 505. The truth is you can't get 100k miles and 10 years with no major issues out of our current cars. Name a car currently used for bolt can hit that mark.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 11:40am On Nov 16, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Yes. Smooth down to Lasu gate.
Coming back to mile 2 sef no bad.

I no go still take trips to that area...

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2023
Omoapena:

Wallahi, be like you dey read my mind. grin grin

Much respect, baba.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:52am On Nov 16, 2023
Omoapena:

Lolz...if I see Alaba or Lasu from Lekki I go try am. Provided rider agrees we pass thirdmainland bridge.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
Johnchrix:

The only real way our current cars will prove it’s honest reliability is by making it the same amount of time as the 505. The truth is you can't get 100k miles and 10 years with no major issues out of our current cars. Name a car currently used for bolt can hit that mark.

Unless you're using the Nigerian drivers maintenance mentality or our bad roads as context, in oyibo land they are currently using the 2022 camry as taxis and they will clock over 100,000 miles in under 3 years while still looking and performing good enough to be shipped off and sold to us down here as direct clean tokumbo.

Remember a regular state in the USA is usually bigger than the whole of Nigeria and people drive across various state lines on a single trip with their vehicles to and fro.

Please don't use Nigerian situation to judge the durability of vehicles, it doesn't reflect the real world usability of those cars.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2023
Pearl1910:

Lolz...if I see Alaba or Lasu from Lekki I go try am. Provided rider agrees we pass thirdmainland bridge.

I stay in festac. The road from mile 2 to to okoko even to iyana-ishashi is okay. Of you're going that way and wouldn't stop or branch off anywhere before okoko it will pay to join the centre lane (from orile side) but if you will branch off at festac, Satellite, trade fair or barracks then you will be better off staying on the service lane towards that way.

Also if find out you're on the centre Lane from orile to mile2 and find out that you will need to branch off anywhere before okoko you should blow to festac (alakija) side and climb that bridge into festac which will take you 360° to join the service lane at the bus stop itself so you can continue to branch off at either trade fair or Satellite Town side.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
Conner44:

I stay in festac. The road from mile 2 to to okoko even to iyana-ishashi is okay. Of you're going that way and wouldn't stop or branch off anywhere before okoko it will pay to join the centre lane (from orile side) but if you will branch off at festac, Satellite, trade fair or barracks then you will be better off staying on the service lane towards that way.

Also if find out you're on the centre Lane from orile to mile2 and find out that you will need to branch off anywhere before okoko you should blow to festac (alakija) side and climb that bridge into festac which will take you 360° to join the service lane at the bus stop itself so you can continue to branch off at either trade fair or Satellite Town side.

The road is poorly designed...they should have done it like Ikorodu road where u can branch in and out easily.
How can u lock cars in from Orile to Alakija without an outlet. If for no other reason, but for emergency and safety there should be one or two outlets between Orile and Festac

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2023
Pearl1910:

The road is poorly designed...they should have done it like Ikorodu road where u can branch in and out easily.
How can u lock cars in from Orile to Alakija without an outlet. If for no other reason, but for emergency and safety there should be one or two outlets between Orile and Festac
Very bad design. Once you miss your turning, ahead ahead.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Atk1nson(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2023
GeneralZodd:

what exactly is bolts operating cost?

They don't own the cars, they do not bear the cost of repairs or maintenance of the cars...the software is a sunk cost, only updates are being done.

Why will they be struggling?

I do not see why any hailing company with enough commission to cover staff salaries and rent should struggle. Except their head office has given them target or they took a foreign loan from their head office.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2023
Conner44:

Anytime i enter lag, i go lap you make you buy me drink. I stay at ago palace way, but i usually come to festac anytime i visit.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Welz(m): 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2023
Omoapena:

going there is not the issue sef, just know you will blow back empty

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Welz(m): 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
Pearl1910:

3mb is the best bet from the island anyway
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
Atk1nson:

what exactly is bolts operating cost?

They don't own the cars, they do not bear the cost of repairs or maintenance of the cars...the software is a sunk cost, only updates are being done.

Why will they be struggling?

I do not see why any hailing company with enough commission to cover staff salaries and rent should struggle. Except their head office has given them target or they took a foreign loan from their head office.

U underestimate the cost of research and development. They are constantly improving their database, systems, infrastructure and app services. These things cost alot of money.
Generally, tech is expensive to maintain. Unlike manufacturing. It will interest u to know that Uber wasn't still making profits until 2021. I haven't seen their 2022 financial accounts yet.
They recieve millions of dollars in funding and have to repay back in equity and cash.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2023
Welz:

Only if you dey in haste to commot, i never blow back empty. If i park for that eatery wey dey navytown entrance. it won’t take me 15 mins to get trip out of there.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2023
Omoapena:

Wetin dey pursue men differ laa, then knowledge of that axis is also vital. If you see the road when we dey use old ojo road, you go ruun.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2023
GeneralZodd:

Taaaah ! Uber for wia. That one na Past Glory

Hehe 😂😂

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
ksmart027:

Anytime i enter lag, i go lap you make you buy me drink. I stay at ago palace way, but i usually come to festac anytime i visit.

No lele bro. On a very wonderful weekend evening we will siddon guzzle cheesy

Just remember to wear slippas for head come the location because na him you go take waka go back house that day wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
Pearl1910:

I agree with you here. I don't know why they made the road 'one - chance' like.

The only middle lane exits available from orile till lasu are at alakija and . . . lol its only at alakija oh grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
Welz:

Exactly, waste of effort..

The last time I went there was 2020...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2023
Pearl1910:

grin

You wan cut person neck be that o, I do this thing for someone going to festac, took 3mb and the man shouted when I ended the trip, it jumped from 10k maximum estimate to 16k.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2023
Pearl1910:

Very bad design o, part of why I hate that area....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
Welz:

Trips dey always full Alaba and Lasu. Most times na Island

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nifton(m): 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nifton(m): 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2023
Conner44:

Unless you're using the Nigerian drivers maintenance mentality or our bad roads as context, in oyibo land they are currently using the 2022 camry as taxis and they will clock over 100,000 miles in under 3 years while still looking and performing good enough to be shipped off and sold to us down here as direct clean
Remember a regular state in the USA is usually bigger than the whole of Nigeria and people drive across various state lines on a single trip with their vehicles to and fro.

Please don't use Nigerian situation to judge the durability of vehicles, it doesn't reflect the real world usability of those cars.

I thought only Alaska is bigger than Nigeria. A regular US state cannot be bigger than Nigeria.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
Omoapena:

grin

You wan cut person neck be that o, I do this thing for someone going to festac, took 3mb and the man shouted when I ended the trip, it jumped from 10k maximum estimate to 16k.

If I must go to that axis, I must console myself with a handsome pay. I can never pass Orile to festac lailai.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
nifton:

I thought only Alaska is bigger than Nigeria. A regular US state cannot be bigger than Nigeria.

Yeah you're correct. Thankfully it's not a geography exam I for fail. grin

But truth is, in USA driving from one part of the same state to the other part and back can be as if you're driving from lagos to sokoto.

Some people even drive more than 50 miles to and from work daily. Factnis that when it comes to road distances their scale is a lot different from ours.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Wetin dey pursue men differ laa, then knowledge of that axis is also vital. If you see the road when we dey use old ojo road, you go ruun.

Oga YeyeGbami I greet you..God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5578) (5579) (5580) (5581) (5582) (5583) (5584) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.