Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4746448 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5671) (5672) (5673) (5674) (5675) (5676) (5677) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:30am On Apr 05
Glithronix:
Other things that contribute to traffic in Lagos need to be addressed by the government.
1) Na this one dey vex me pass; all those danfo & korope & Keke wey dey park to pick and drop people at unacceptable places. I don't know why law enforcement agencies have been overlooking this ill-attitude all these years.
There should be a regulation that will deal with any danfo/Keke/korope driver who parks at any odd places to pick people.

2) Filling stations; those of us who drive to places on a daily would agree with me that filling stations also cause serious traffic on major roads.
There should be a standard requirement that should be met before you build any filling station.
For instance, it's very odd and senseless to build a filling station on 1 plot or 2 plots of land and be located by main road where there should be free & flowing traffic.
Examples are total filling stations on Toyin street, NNPC beside Olatunji street, ojota. Conoil opposite LASUTH on Oba Akinjobi way, Ikeja. AP now NNPC on Mobolaji bank Anthony close to Maryland bus stop. Even total filling station on Mobolaji BA way. MRS at Ojota bus stop. Total beside Ojota motor park if you're coming from ketu, just a few.
If you're to build a filling station with a small land piece, it should be completely off major road, infact, minimum land requirement for building fuel station should be 1 acre of land, so as to contain all cars and get them off the road to eventually prevent traffic.
Imagine the kind of traffic that NNPC that's located beside alapere estate always causes?
All filling stations should completely be off road for vehicles to queue.
Look at Northwest filling station beside Oguntona crescent, Gbagada. AP filling station that's immediately after Atunrase estate, gbagada. Conoil at ajao when coming from MMIA. Enyo at Ilasan-lekki, just a few. These are examples of filling stations that will never cause traffic, no matter the situation.

These two things will continue giving us daily traffic no matter the infrastructural development in the state.
Why would a sensible human being build a filling station on 1 plot / 2 plots of land nah? NNPC beside Olatunji street at Ojota and others dey craze.

Go and build your filling station inside forest make we come dey meet una for there nahh. angry

Lolz...no how filling station will not cause traffic especially in times of scarcity like this.
All the ones u mentioned that are ideal examples are located on roads that have service lanes thats why it looks like they aren't causing traffic because the main traffic is one the main express. If there was no service lane, that Northwest in gbagada would have been causing a mess because there is always queue there. As big as the compound is, the queue used to reach Anthony sometimes.
The price, quality and quantity variations of the fuel will always make people go and queue where they feel they are getting value for their money.
Shebi we wanted deregulation...that's the price we have to pay.

As for danfos, they have found a way to pay of lastma to allow them operate as they like. We will never get a Gov like BRF who would impromptu come to a place unannounced without siren and convoy and catch people sleeping on their jobs.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:36am On Apr 05
tojahh:
Pearl you don start again. Na this thing you do till Cheerfulgiver quench your taste with a challenge even tho MrJaydee carry money gbesè grin

You no go rest, any time you hear indrive, you go dey wish they never existed. See Pearl, I go fight you o.

Me wey dash Cheerfulgiver d money.
I never had d chance to do complete one week on that challenge. Indrive cannot match Bolt; not yesterday, not today, maybe tomorrow o. Himself know.
As for MrJayDee; one day monkey go go market, e no go come back
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:46am On Apr 05
CheerfulGiver:
Indrive is no longer what it used to be. Great prices, but the delay in getting trips has increased because all manner of dead cars are accepted by indrive and passengers now waste more time to come out than they used to. If that's all you made driving last month, it's not nice

It's good your bolt account is opened. Uber and bolt have improved on the things that made me prefer indrive over them.

Indrive is now my 3rd choice.

This is 202k in 4 days.

Compare to 470k in 4 weeks

At this rate I'll net 1.2m this month

Okay na...fake son of Issachar grin
"Bolt is dead" "bolt is dead", now u have come back home like the prodigal son.
Better go back to ur darling new wife Indrive

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:30am On Apr 05
Pearl1910:

Okay na...fake son of Issachar grin
"Bolt is dead" "bolt is dead", now u have come back home like the prodigal son.
Better go back to ur darling new wife Indrive
Bolt actually died. If they didn't die, why are they unblocking drivers?

I told you they changed their ways

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:50am On Apr 05
Pearl1910:

Me wey dash Cheerfulgiver d money.
I never had d chance to do complete one week on that challenge. Indrive cannot match Bolt; not yesterday, not today, maybe tomorrow o. Himself know.
As for MrJayDee; one day monkey go go market, e no go come back
My man, that was 2 years ago. There was nothing bolt could do about being better than indrive. Nothing. Remember I was driving on bolt before I switched to indrive. It's not like I didn't know what I was saying. If you remember, we ran that challenge twice. You lost twice.

Also remember trips on indrive were back to back. Now it's back to wait for over 20 mins, which takes a huge chunk of time. This is caused by bolt blocking drivers which forced drivers to be on indrive which in turn choked indrive.

Now that bolt has unblocked drivers, let's see what happens. You no sabi analyze well.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 9:56am On Apr 05
CheerfulGiver:
Indrive is no longer what it used to be. Great prices, but the delay in getting trips has increased because all manner of dead cars are accepted by indrive and passengers now waste more time to come out than they used to. If that's all you made driving last month, it's not nice

It's good your bolt account is opened. Uber and bolt have improved on the things that made me prefer indrive over them.

Indrive is now my 3rd choice.

This is 202k in 4 days.

Compare to 470k in 4 weeks

At this rate I'll net 1.2m this month

Okay. i will test the water and i see what i will make when i resume fully on bolt,

Indrive has been Awesome. Cost of repairs and maintenance are very low and i no dey over work My Car compare to bolt.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:06am On Apr 05
CheerfulGiver:
Bolt actually died. If they didn't die, why are they unblocking drivers?

I told you they changed their ways

I laugh in Spanish. They just started unblocking drivers because their demand is still increasing despite reduced driver number so to avoid constant high surge and long pickups they have to do d needful. Its not because Bolt is dead. Unblocking drivers will not revive them as that didn't help Uber. What keeps an App alive is majorly the Riders.

CheerfulGiver:
My man, that was 2 years ago. There was nothing bolt could do about being better than indrive. Nothing. Remember I was driving on bolt before I switched to indrive. It's not like I didn't know what I was saying. If you remember, we ran that challenge twice. You lost twice.

Also remember trips on indrive were back to back. Now it's back to wait for over 20 mins, which takes a huge chunk of time. This is caused by bolt blocking drivers which forced drivers to be on indrive which in turn choked indrive.

Now that bolt has unblocked drivers, let's see what happens. You no sabi analyze well.

Bolt just unblocked drivers this week nah, waiting on Indrive has been a thing since last year.
As for d challenge, I never did 6days or even 5days a week because of other engagements but on my daily average I beat u hands down.
Someone made N2m on Bolt in December 2023, something an indrive user can only dream of. On this subject, it is clear as crystal which App is King. No need for arguments.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by raiszy2k(m): 11:39am On Apr 05
Please house I'm a driver that needs a car for hire purchase or daily remittance. If you have any or can make valuable suggestions for me on how I can get, I will really appreciate it. You can reach me on 07015478102 or 08060087740
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 11:41am On Apr 05
Kunle56:
Please can I start Uber with 5M and what should I be expecting monthly, I really need advice as a fresh graduate

Please broaden your spectrum. The moment you make the mistake of investing your 5m into this business, you are stuck in this dead end trap for the next 5/6years of your life. You wouldn't want to get out anymore because you want to recoup your investment and make profit, that day may never come eventually.

Look away from this place as fast as you can. You can do.better in the next 2/3years by investing one third of that money in some other ventures apart from Uber. Look around your hood, there will always be something there for you to do.

PS: Only get involved in this business if you have a car laying fallow that you need to temporarily use for this, otherwise flee with yout money as fast as you can.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 12:38pm On Apr 05
Pearl1910:

Lolz...no how filling station will not cause traffic especially in times of scarcity like this.
All the ones u mentioned that are ideal examples are located on roads that have service lanes thats why it looks like they aren't causing traffic because the main traffic is one the main express. If there was no service lane, that Northwest in gbagada would have been causing a mess because there is always queue there. As big as the compound is, the queue used to reach Anthony sometimes.
The price, quality and quantity variations of the fuel will always make people go and queue where they feel they are getting value for their money.
Shebi we wanted deregulation...that's the price we have to pay.

As for danfos, they have found a way to pay of lastma to allow them operate as they like. We will never get a Gov like BRF who would impromptu come to a place unannounced without siren and convoy and catch people sleeping on their jobs.
SMH sad

Much respect, sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05
TheModerator:

Please broaden your spectrum. The moment you make the mistake of investing your 5m into this business, you are stuck in this dead end trap for the next 5/6years of your life. You wouldn't want to get out anymore because you want to recoup your investment and make profit, that day may never come eventually.

Look away from this place as fast as you can. You can do.better in the next 2/3years by investing one third of that money in some other ventures apart from Uber. Look around your hood, there will always be something there for you to do.

PS: Only get involved in this business if you have a car laying fallow that you need to temporarily use for this, otherwise flee with yout money as fast as you can.

If I were him, I will hire someone, and open laundry mart business while I oversee the management, and my employee will do the washing.

I will try to have at least 5 washing machine and a generator that can power all with a self service option for those who prefer to do the laundry themselves...

Bolt/Uber can only sustain your feedings and basic things, it can't give you comfort life, this hustle isn't supposed to be taken as a full time job, as a family man doing this business, you will find it difficult to move forward, you will just be stuck in a spot and the moment your car starts developing issues, you will realize you have been working from hand to mouth...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 1:58pm On Apr 05
Omoapena:

If I were him, I will hire someone, and open laundry mart business while I oversee the management, and my employee will do the washing.

I will try to have at least 5 washing machine and a generator that can power all with a self service option for those who prefer to do the laundry themselves...

Bolt/Uber can only sustain your feedings and basic things, it can't give you comfort life, this hustle isn't supposed to be taken as a full time job, as a family man doing this business, you will find it difficult to move forward, you will just be stuck in a spot and the moment your car starts developing issues, you will realize you have been working from hand to mouth...

You've given him a great idea depending on his location. He can even add one or two retail services in that same shop where he has the laundry mart.

Jumping and pumping 5mil into an Uber business you are not even sure you can stand the intense physical and psychological exertion is a very bad move. It's not as if there's a breather in form of a break even point in the end.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 3:03pm On Apr 05
The 5 million guy they are even advising is no where to be found. No form of acknowledgement whatsoever. If people did not respond, they will say this thread is only for cruise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Muhammadson2020: 3:22pm On Apr 05
Pearl1910:

I laugh in Spanish. They just started unblocking drivers because their demand is still increasing despite reduced driver number so to avoid constant high surge and long pickups they have to do d needful. Its not because Bolt is dead. Unblocking drivers will not revive them as that didn't help Uber. What keeps an App alive is majorly the Riders.

Bolt just unblocked drivers this week nah, waiting on Indrive has been a thing since last year.
As for d challenge, I never did 6days or even 5days a week because of other engagements but on my daily average I beat u hands down.
Someone made N2m on Bolt in December 2023, something an indrive user can only dream of. On this subject, it is clear as crystal which App is King. No need for arguments.

Car don cost my brother: No new drivers are onboarding on Bolt again. Corolla 5 million Naira Big daddy 7 million Naira, Who go carry that kind money go invest on Ehailing. Besides most people can't afford cars like before. And many drivers and partners are withdrawing from hustle and selling off their cars. Bolt no get choice than to unblock their previous drivers as they are witnessing mass reduction of drivers availability on their platform. To own a Car in Nigeria now is a Goldmine or treasure. If you get one, do not abuse it, buying another one is very expensive, except you wan to settle for Naija used cars which is not too cool for the hustle but also relatively expensive compared to how much car was sold years ago.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 3:31pm On Apr 05
Pearl1910:

If u have 5m cash or in ur account, then think of a business u can start with it.
Don't veer into ehailing atall
@BAZ001, food don land! grin... It seems week in, week out don get k-leg oo grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 4:00pm On Apr 05
Our people don start again. Wetin dey cause fuel scarcity again?
Drove down to jibowu, the few filling stations wey dey sell dey filled up with queue.
Just drove back home jéjély. sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05
Glithronix:
Drove down to jibowu, the few filling stations wey dey sell dey filled up with queue.

You for go nnpc sabo or better still MRS

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Muhammadson2020: 4:15pm On Apr 05
Glithronix:

They said fuel dried up at the depot, they are waiting for another vessel or shipload of PMS to arrive the country. I hope is not a strategy to increase price again

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 4:16pm On Apr 05
Omoapena:

The job was introduced as side-gig, na naija factor make people turn am to full time hustle. With cheap fuel it was still manageable, as fuel subsidy commot the job cast.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 4:20pm On Apr 05
Muhammadson2020:

Car don cost my brother: No new drivers are onboarding on Bolt again. Corolla 5 million Naira Big daddy 7 million Naira, Who go carry that kind money go invest on Ehailing. Besides most people can't afford cars like before. And many drivers and partners are withdrawing from hustle and selling off their cars. Bolt no get choice than to unblock their previous drivers as they are witnessing mass reduction of drivers availability on their platform. To own a Car in Nigeria now is a Goldmine or treasure. If you get one, do not abuse it, buying another one is very expensive, except you wan to settle for Naija used cars which is not too cool for the hustle but also relatively expensive compared to how much car was sold years ago.

Nigeria will soon become Cuba where new cars are forbidden with all these prices I'm seeing for very old cars.

Though Cuba found themselves in that situation due to embargo and restrictions placed on that country for decades. In the case of Nigeria, self-destruction courtesy of wicked and self centered politicians. One slowpoke will wake up one morning and become president/governor or law maker. We are literally paying heavily for it in all facets of life.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Muhammadson2020: 4:30pm On Apr 05
TheModerator:

Nigeria will soon become Cuba where new cars are forbidden with all these prices I'm seeing for very old cars.

Though Cuba found themselves in that situation due to embargo and restrictions placed on that country for decades. In the case of Nigeria, self-destruction courtesy of wicked and self centered politicians. One slowpoke will wake up one morning and become president/governor or law maker. We are literally paying heavily for it in all facets of life.

You re on point.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 4:46pm On Apr 05
Muhammadson2020:

That one wan sell registered Corolla for 5.6m?

We are our own problem in Nigeria, pretty sure he bought that car when it was below 3.5m or even below 2.5m back in 2022 and he wants to sell for 5.6m after using it for years...

Anybody wey dish out 4m+ for Corolla now either for personal use or commercial get shallow mind

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 5:34pm On Apr 05
Barbiturate:

You for go nnpc sabo or better still MRS
I was doubting they would sell ni. That's why I did not go that far.
Will try and hustle it out tomorrow morning.

Much respect, boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 5:36pm On Apr 05
Muhammadson2020:

They said fuel dried up at the depot, they are waiting for another vessel or shipload of PMS to arrive the country. I hope is not a strategy to increase price again
The bold got me laffing. grin
But true true, these people are masters of lying. They're very good at it. grin

Much respect, baba.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:53pm On Apr 05
Pearl1910:

To some extent I disagree with you pearl... Drivers are the back bone of every ehailing app.

Think of it this way...

App 1: 5 drivers for 20 riders
App 2: 20 drivers for 5 riders

If you where a rider which app would you go with?

In the issue of the challenge pls and pls don't make excuses... You where quite aware of the stake so don't cry fowl or try to make excuses after a few years... Go on the challenge again and again you'll still loose

Everyone have know you to be a die hard but for once kindly accept defeat.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:28pm On Apr 05
Felicity001:

To some extent I disagree with you pearl... Drivers are the back bone of every ehailing app.

Think of it this way...

In the issue of the challenge pls and pls don't make excuses... You where quite aware of the stake so don't cry fowl or try to make excuses after a few years... Go on the challenge again and again you'll still loose

Self acclaimed car dealer use this one deh suppress thinking.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:44pm On Apr 05
pope191:

Self acclaimed car dealer use this one deh suppress thinking.

If u wan intimidate person, use Bolt grin Indrive na still pikin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Muhammadson2020: 11:53pm On Apr 05
Pearl1910:

If u wan intimidate person, use Bolt grin Indrive na still pikin
if you do addition and subtraction, your earning and pope earning nah the same thing or e go take small pass am. No Cap

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:01am On Apr 06
Muhammadson2020:
if you do addition and subtraction, your earning and pope earning nah the same thing or e go take small pass am. No Cap

Bolt Net 65k vs Indrive Net 45k
Clear 20k difference

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:11am On Apr 06
Felicity001:

Think of it this way...

Drivers yakpa for Rida App o
I am even tempted to believe there are more drivers on Indrive than Bolt now.
So tell me, why aren't they overthrowing Bolt?
When Taxify started newly, its the Riders that gave them impetus. Drivers like me were still using both apps, but when a driver discovers he is getting more trips on Taxify, they naturally will always be on d App. Thats because Taxify had now come to overtake Uber on number of Riders because of cheap fares and Bonuses they enjoyed on Taxify

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Twilight2: 12:21am On Apr 06
Comrades Greetings !!!

Please I would want to know, this my second day using bolt, please I need explanation on this,

Should the Passenger pay me #8600 or #7300?
Please I need more clarity in this.

Thanks to you contributing

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Muhammadson2020: 12:38am On Apr 06
Pearl1910:

Bolt Net 65k vs Indrive Net 45k
Clear 20k difference
Where I s cash discount. I am very sure cash discount will be up to 10k

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5671) (5672) (5673) (5674) (5675) (5676) (5677) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Godofpossibility(m), BAZ001, adamalalim(m), maivd and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.