Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4890735 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) (5711) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 10:26am On May 23
Omoapena:

In this scenario, what I will advise owners and intending owners to do is, do maintenance services yourself.

Always reset either Trip A or B whenever service is done and always ask your driver to send you that Trip A or B KMs every 2 weeks to see how many kms he's covering under the 2 weeks.

If he's driving averagely 2000kms to 2500kms in 2 weeks, then he's not over using the car but if he's driving above 2500kms in 2weeks he's over using the car.

And also, once he drives 4000kms in a month, ask him to bring the car for oil change ASAP, many of this drivers will consistently drive the car above 6000km within a month and they will be thinking since it's still under a month they have serviced the car, they can keep using it but manufacturer advises to change oil at every 5000kms and this is for people using fully synthetic oil.

Always keep tab of your car kms if you're doing rentals and ask him to bring it for oil change at every 4000km to avoid changing of engine...

great input and suggestion.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:29am On May 23
Omoapena:
As an intending car owner partners, if you have trust issues, do not engage in any transportation business, either you meet an honest driver or not, once that trust issue kicks in, you will never believe anything that comes from your drivers...

There is no trust in business, even if you are selling goods, don't trust your goods with somebody, he will surely take advantage.

Drivers are currently balling, as most owners are not getting the right update.

Most Corolla owners are not aware Corolla engine is 950k, so when you have engine issue,prepare to cough out 1million and above to sort it. If your rent is 50k weekly for you to recover the 1million you will need consistent weekly payment for 5 good month to recover

Drivers hide under Tinubu harsh economy, by claiming the business is bad, high cost of fuel bla bla bla, but they refuse to say anything about riders paying super high fees, to move from one point to another point.

Anyway una go dey alright as everybody adjust to Emilokan policy

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 10:40am On May 23
jpworld:

There is no trust in business, even if you are selling goods, don't trust your goods with somebody, he will surely take advantage.

Drivers are currently balling, as most owners are not getting the right update.

Most Corolla owners are not aware Corolla engine is 950k, so when you have engine issue,prepare to cough out 1million and above to sort it. If your rent is 50k weekly for you to recover the 1million you will need consistent weekly payment for 5 good month to recover

Drivers hide under Tinubu harsh economy, by claiming the business is bad, high cost of fuel bla bla bla, but they refuse to say anything about riders paying super high fees, to move from one point to another point.

Anyway una go dey alright as everybody adjust to Emilokan policy

You're a deeply mistrusting person, in whatever you want to do, pls try to keep trust at first until the person you're trusting breaks the trust...

And the moment you see any red flags, quickly do away with that person but if you believed there's no trust in any business, you won't be able to do any business....

I believe you trust yourself to some extent, if you can trust yourself and you want someone to entrust their business in your care, why can't you do same to others? Trust is something that is being built, you go in first with it and leave the moment the trust isn't there anymore.

We will all need each other, you can't do it alone, you give service and require service from others

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cowboyT: 11:06am On May 23
Djdamian:

Thank you for your input.

Can you clarify what you mean by ''Some so call investors in transport business will just sit back and expect their weekly alert, and they expect things not to go south after few weeks or months.''

Additionally, what kind of effort or work do you believe is expected from an investor?

To the bolded,
What I mean is, those people who follow bandwagon, ones they hear, they don't want to know or learn the basics of the business, you see them in in gas filling business today, POS tomorrow, all they do is start the business, put money inside, put the responsibility and running of the business on the person they put there then expect their ROI. No day to day activities on their part, no specific duty they perform in the business, it is those type of INVESTORS I'm referring to, and the funniest thing is, they won't employ capable hands or take advice from experts. It's when they fail that they put the blames on their employees.
I won't put my money in transport without giving it close marking.
I remember when I was in Ijebu ode, as an undergrad and I was plying ijebuode-epe-ajah route, with my Opel coupe then, I will just meet my boss on Ajah, someone who told me he's at home.
He will tell me to reserve one seat for him cos he'll follow me back to IJ. That way, he observes the car condition and my driving patterns.
Sometimes things happen on the road and he'll be the first to ask me first cos he have people monitoring me without my knowledge.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 11:15am On May 23
cowboyT:

To the bolded,
What I mean is, those people who follow bandwagon, ones they hear, they don't want to know or learn the basics of the business, you see them in in gas filling business today, POS tomorrow, all they do is start the business, put money inside, put the responsibility and running of the business on the person they put there then expect their ROI. No day to day activities on their part, no specific duty they perform in the business, it is those type of INVESTORS I'm referring to, and the funniest thing is, they won't employ capable hands or take advice from experts. It's when they fail that they put the blames on their employees.
I remember when I was in Ijebu ode, as an undergrad and I was plying ijebuode-epe-ajah route, with my Opel coupe then, I will just meet my boss on Ajah, someone who told me he's at home.
He will tell me to reserve one seat for him cos he'll follow me back to IJ. That way, he observes the car condition and my driving patterns.
Sometimes things happen on the road and he'll be the first to ask me first cos he have people monitoring me without my knowledge.

Yeah, some efforts are also required by the owners partner, this makes me remember my first ever partner, Mr ndubuisi.

We still communicate till date.

The only issue i had with him was, I just started driving in 2019 and it was his car I used to perfect my driving skills which means, the car body see shege for my hand.

Then, if I want to come out from a street with just one side of gate opened, I will scratch the car body grin,

Mehn, that particular car see alot of dent in my hand, my partner do tell me that I'm consistent when it comes to delivery but the only issue is, I dey too scratch hin car. But that man, God bless him wherever he is, he will come down to wherever I am if the car develops any fault, he will make sure they fix it back to normal in his presence.

There was a day the car broke down at ikotun, it had kick issue and this man came down with a tokunbo kick for me and fix it, he won't still let me take him home, he just said I should go ahead to work so he doesn't disturb me, that's a partner that is looking out for the safety of his car and the driver...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cowboyT: 11:17am On May 23
Omoapena:

You're a deeply mistrusting person, in whatever you want to do, pls try to keep trust at first until the person you're trusting breaks the trust...

And the moment you see any red flags, quickly do away with that person but if you believed there's no trust in any business, you won't be able to do any business....

I believe you trust yourself to some extent, if you can trust yourself and you want someone to entrust their business in your care, why can't you do same to others? Trust is something that is being built, you go in first with it and leave the moment the trust isn't there anymore.

We will all need each other, you can't do it alone, you give service and require service from others

Truth be told, trust and emotional attachment get people kill*d(physically or financially)
For instance, you give your car out, it's not trust you have since there are conditions attached(money), you're simply taking risks. Trust comes in when the partner said he took out of your money to do this or that repairs and you believe him.
Don't trust, just believe that the person you partner with will adhere to terms and conditions of the contract.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 11:34am On May 23
cowboyT:

To the bolded,

ok, well understood

Thank you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:35am On May 23
Omoapena:

If the foundation of your business is base on trust, that business will fail. Is only in Nigeria somebody wants to buy something, he will use the words trust to pay for it.

I have a friend that came to me for HP, a good Christian, one of the best born again, when he came to me for HP, he told me he has driven for me, for 1 year that we don't need contract for the HP, bla bla bla. That I should just type on whatsapp the car is going for 3.3illion then, just simple writing, that I should be rest assured of my payment. I replied with capital NO.

Then we sign the agreement, and he went on to default 12times and when I wanted to terminate, he show me the real tiger in him,

Claiming he has paid half, I can't terminate anymore, I refer him to the contract terms, the same contract I make Sure he sign all the pages, he now started denying some clauses, he called his brother a police with DCP rank to intimidate Me, that I retrieve the car illegally, I respond against his Police brother with a petition in Force headquaters and Police service Commision Abuja. His brother started denying, he never involves himself in a civil matter,

then he ran to court, putting all sort of lies forgetting he sign an agreement that says, he will be paying penalty fees for default and the penalty fees was accumulating 5k interest weekly as agreed in the contract. We counter sue him and the court orders him to pay the Total money acumulated which is over 2million naira, and he still loose the car.

My business principles don't use trust to exchange money. It will back fire.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 11:43am On May 23
Omoapena:

Very aptly presented, thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 11:47am On May 23
Omoapena:

Yeah, some efforts are also required by the owners partner, this makes me remember my first ever partner, Mr ndubuisi.

The only issue i had with him was, I just started driving in 2019 and it was his car I used to perfect my driving skills which means, the car body see shege for my hand.

Then, if I want to come out from a street with just one side of gate opened, I will scratch the car body grin,

Mehn, that particular car see alot of dent in my hand, my partner do tell me that I'm consistent when it comes to delivery but the only issue is, I dey too scratch hin car. But that man, God bless him wherever he is, he will come down to wherever I am if the car develops any fault, he will make sure they fix it back to normal in his presence.

There was a day the car broke down at ikotun, it had kick issue and this man came down with a tokunbo kick for me and fix it, he won't still let me take him home, he just said I should go ahead to work so he doesn't disturb me, that's a partner that is looking out for the safety of his car and the driver...

Imagine if all partners are like this man.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 12:22pm On May 23
Omoapena:

Just to clarify, are you saying that your former partner used his own money to fix issues with the car without asking for any contribution from you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 12:27pm On May 23
Doris4ever:

Imagine if all partners are like this man.

i suspected you were going to reply this message.. grin grin grin

If the owner alone handled all the expenses, let's be honest: do you think this approach is sustainable in the long run, and that drivers wouldn't take advantage of the situation? In my opinion, I don't think so.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 12:33pm On May 23
Djdamian:

Just to clarify, are you saying that your former partner used his own money to fix issues with the car without asking for any contribution from you?

Yeah....

He fixed the issues with his money with no contribution from me, infact, I had no experience about car then.

The agreement was he will maintain his car while I pay him 25k weekly as at 2019...

Maintenance doesn't occur frequently like that tho

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 12:41pm On May 23
Djdamian:

i suspected you were going to reply this message.. grin grin grin

If the owner alone handled all the expenses, let's be honest: do you think this approach is sustainable in the long run, and that drivers wouldn't take advantage of the situation? In my opinion, I don't think so.

No, I'm not advocating for the owner to handle repairs 100%. That's not even possible in today's economic reality.

What am happy about is the owner showing up and making sure everything is back to normal for the driver.

Some owners will not even bother to ask the driver how he resolved the issue talk less of showing up in person.

They would have used calls and threatening to frustrate the driver's life because Kickstarter stopped working grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 12:51pm On May 23
Omoapena:

Yeah....

He fixed the issues with his money with no contribution from me, infact, I had no experience about car then.

The agreement was he will maintain his car while I pay him 25k weekly as at 2019...

Maintenance doesn't occur frequently like that tho

This is commendable but not realistic for owners with current economic realities.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 12:56pm On May 23
Doris4ever:

No, I'm not advocating for the owner to handle repairs 100%. That's not even possible in today's economic reality.

What am happy about is the owner showing up and making sure everything is back to normal for the driver.

Some owners will not even bother to ask the driver how he resolved the issue talk less of showing up in person.

They would have used calls and threatening to frustrate the driver's life because Kickstarter stopped working grin

Unless the business agreement is HP (Hire Purchase), I still find it hard to believe that car owners would neglect and leave everything in the hands of the driver. After all, they are the ones who stand to lose the most in the end.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:01pm On May 23
Omoapena:

In this scenario, what I will advise owners and intending owners to do is, do maintenance services yourself.

Always reset either Trip A or B whenever service is done and always ask your driver to send you that Trip A or B KMs every 2 weeks to see how many kms he's covering under the 2 weeks.

If he's driving averagely 2000kms to 2500kms in 2 weeks, then he's not over using the car but if he's driving above 2500kms in 2weeks he's over using the car.

And also, once he drives 4000kms in a month, ask him to bring the car for oil change ASAP, many of this drivers will consistently drive the car above 6000km within a month and they will be thinking since it's still under a month they have serviced the car, they can keep using it but manufacturer advises to change oil at every 5000kms and this is for people using fully synthetic oil.

Always keep tab of your car kms if you're doing rentals and ask him to bring it for oil change at every 4000km to avoid changing of engine...

I was surprised when some say they service their cars once in two months, we talked about this sometime ago in this thread.
As far as car is for ehailing it's better your go by millage covered, to be on the safe side.
Because there are months you may not work and do plenty waka for some months.
Even the manufacturers of the vehicles always talk about millage not duration of the time it was serviced last.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 1:04pm On May 23
E lor fi okan bale. Awa lokan! grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 1:25pm On May 23
Gentlelife50:

I was surprised when some say they service their cars once in two months, we talked about this sometime ago in this thread.
As far as car is for ehailing it's better your go by millage covered, to be on the safe side.
Because there are months you may not work and do plenty waka for some months.
Even the manufacturers of the vehicles always talk about millage not duration of the time it was serviced last.

Not everyone listen to the word of advise, this same thing is what killed a brother car that he got as tokunbo just in 3years, if you see this car, you will argue he's been using the car for 10years.

Car is now taking 1litre oil every 3days or less self.
He will drive the car for 3months before servicing, imagine car you're using everyday and driving not less than 150km everyday and Sundays sometimes 250km and you service only once in 3months...

The only thing I consider major in car is engine and gear, other things are something that aren't that expensive compare to engine and gear, so what will it take to give the engine oil every 4000km to avoid spending lots of money in future.

Everytime I advise this guy, he will say what if he has no money to do oil change when the km reach 4000km, I just looked at him like this one isn't serious yet with the tools that gives him money...

If you drive my Corolla today, he moves better than some tokunbo, the steering is very straight, everytime I see that car, I'm always happy it's still in same condition when I got it and it's fully 2years as at this month I've been using it...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tobore4u(m): 1:29pm On May 23
Donbrowser9:

See who dem waste slot give Visa grin

Miserábly wásting away after sẹ́lling his bolt account to feed.
boss donbrowser....I do not benefit from ur giveaway. Pls assist me with my own share, pls...... I'm from calebsky thread.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:36pm On May 23
This life no just balance… I deh where I deh reason my life. My car don scatter my head. Rpm go just drop, car will loose power and go off. Most time if the a/c is not on it will work better, sometimes it will not work. For 2 weeks now I don deh deal with engine vibrating to the point of rev the car a bit at traffic to stop the shaking.

I deh where i deh and hear this banger. Learner wey dem deh teach how to drive to go bang Highlander. I think he was fortunate enough sha, one side back light and deep bumper. But the learner’s car? Ojigbi! jigbi!! I don’t even know if I should be thinking of his own or my own right now. Trouble no just get particular address

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:44pm On May 23
https://www.nairaland.com/8102298/reg-2004-toyota-corolla-sport

To whom it may concern

All the bad belle and enemy of progress oya food don done...

Let's do this again
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 1:54pm On May 23
Someone have come to my dm to say I'm senseless because of what i was contributing towards someone who has just active income to not build house yet until he creates passive income.

Chai, I won't attack but to whom it may concern, it's the audacity for you to say that to me in my dm, like who are you to feel you can say that coz the opinion doesn't align with yours?

Look at the screenshot of this people, I guess all this people are senseless as well and you're the only sensible one coz you feel since you're in a better status currently than others, you think everything that comes out from other people is senseless...

Very stinking and dirty attitude, pls reframe from that mindset, your attitude is disgusting...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 1:56pm On May 23

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 2:09pm On May 23
pope191:
This life no just balance… I deh where I deh reason my life. My car don scatter my head. Rpm go just drop, car will loose power and go off. Most time if the a/c is not on it will work better, sometimes it will not work. For 2 weeks now I don deh deal with engine vibrating to the point of rev the car a bit at traffic to stop the shaking.

I deh where i deh and hear this banger. Learner wey dem deh teach how to drive to go bang Highlander. I think he was fortunate enough sha, one side back light and deep bumper. But the learner’s car? Ojigbi! jigbi!! I don’t even know if I should be thinking of his own or my own right now. Trouble no just get particular address

Sorry bro
Shey nah you car dey the picture?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:15pm On May 23
Omoapena:

Not everyone listen to the word of advise, this same thing is what killed a brother car that he got as tokunbo just in 3years, if you see this car, you will argue he's been using the car for 10years.

Car is now taking 1litre oil every 3days or less self.
He will drive the car for 3months before servicing, imagine car you're using everyday and driving not less than 150km everyday and Sundays sometimes 250km and you service only once in 3months...

The only thing I consider major in car is engine and gear, other things are something that aren't that expensive compare to engine and gear, so what will it take to give the engine oil every 4000km to avoid spending lots of money in future.

Everytime I advise this guy, he will say what if he has no money to do oil change when the km reach 4000km, I just looked at him like this one isn't serious yet with the tools that gives him money...

If you drive my Corolla today, he moves better than some tokunbo, the steering is very straight, everytime I see that car, I'm always happy it's still in same condition when I got it and it's fully 2years as at this month I've been using it...
Na so some people cars be, u look inside you'll see greese like substance (sludges) but as far as car is working they are okay.
Some use it to the point they have to bring down the sump because the alert is blinking or their is one funny sound when they start car.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 2:19pm On May 23
Pope i hope say comprehensive insurance dey
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:31pm On May 23
Wetin admin dey delete kwanu?
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:59pm On May 23
Gentlelife50:
Wetin admin dey delete kwanu?
grin

Deleting proof of Donbrowser LASEPA blue uniform doing beggi beggi for jpworld’s car .
After doing bambiallaa begi begi for weeks without getting the car baba begin rain curse grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 3:26pm On May 23
Conner44:

Are you now begging for this thread to not be for your 'CRUISE' anymore? shocked

Wonderment! grin so your mind don finally touch ground ehn . . . . ? cheesy very good, remain a few others to confess wink

Lol, your own case na ment!!!
Just hang around once I retire from my 9-5 I'll have enough time for you...For now I still dey Hussle ...ONKR
But to be frank, I observed some unusual sense in some suggestions recently and I have quickly applied it in my biz, hoping it will work sha... That's the kind of stuff I sign off for...No be agbado today, agbado tomorrow wey dey very meaningless to me ....
Just so you know, some people still dey flourish , na u suppose ask how?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 3:36pm On May 23
Omoapena:
Someone have come to my dm to say I'm senseless because of what i was contributing towards someone who has just active income to not build house yet until he creates passive income.

Chai, I won't attack but to whom it may concern, it's the audacity for you to say that to me in my dm, like who are you to feel you can say that coz the opinion doesn't align with yours?

Look at the screenshot of this people, I guess all this people are senseless as well and you're the only sensible one coz you feel since you're in a better status currently than others, you think everything that comes out from other people is senseless...

Very stinking and dirty attitude, pls reframe from that mindset, your attitude is disgusting...

Anyone that is going to dm to insult and bully is suffering from low self esteem...He should be in a mental home... Obviously, some people take some of this banter so seriously that they can even fight sef..Oh I remember sometimes ago someone was inviting another person to join him in a location so dey can settle it man to man, physically....make we no dey take am too serious abeg...Just enjoy urself, don't dish what you can't take, chest am, whatever anyone say here does not define you ...Na when I dey restaurant I dey like find something to relax my hot head, and this place and some werey here dey solve that prob for me..Tenkiu

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:39pm On May 23
YeyeGbami:
Pope i hope say comprehensive insurance dey

No be my car fa…. My car the give me problem, wey I deh worry wetin fit make the car off once he deh slow, nah em I see learner jam highlander.

Cc: Omoapena

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) (5711) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.