Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,433 members, 7,861,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4888332 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (5719) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 4:38pm On May 07, 2017
Plankton2017:

Wow 650? Are u serious? Jesus is Lord
if you listen to these people you will never make a head start.

out of the over 7k I have made today, there is a trip I took that gave me 262 naira after uber and another that gave me over 4k after uber's 25%. it all added up to the 7k.

listening to these people, one would think the only routes available on uber are 650 naira. each.

you would also think that uber is all about Ojota to Ojuelegba to and fro, to and fro.

bro as long as you are online you will make money. forget these pessimists. good for you is that you are accountable to no one but yourself.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:

out of the over 7k I have made today, there is a trip I took that gave me 262 naira after uber and another that gave me over 4k after uber's 25%. it all added up to the 7k.

listening to these people, one would think the only routes available on uber are 650 naira. each.

you would also think that uber is all about Ojota to Ojuelegba to and fro, to and fro.

bro as long as you are online you will make money. forget these pessimists. good for you is that you are accountable to no one but yourself.

No mind the Old silly pessimist...shior
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 5:56pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:

It seems you just join uber, your blood still they hot.

The point the other guy is making is that the fare is too cheap and is not worth it on a long run, I agree you will be seeing your money daily. But what happen to your vehicle after couple of months?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2017
jpworld:

It seems you just join uber, your blood still they hot.

The point the other guy is making is that the fare is too cheap and is not worth it on a long run, I agree you will be seeing your money daily. But what happen to your vehicle after couple of months?
I don't understand the last question.

what happens to the vehicle before the reduced fares?

as a rule of thumb I service every vehicle I have been driving on uber after 5000 miles. mind you, I achieve 5000 miles in about 3 weeks plus. I also check the linkages and every other part of the vehicle.

what would happen to it?

before the new pricing I make over 20k on weekends. after the new pricing I still made 20k with the same amount of fuel.

what is the problem here?

the protagonists of this issue base their "facts" on assumption. none of you have made a single effort to even try out the pricing regime for even a week before drawing out conclusions.

assumptions aren't facts. stop assuming and present facts.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 6:09pm On May 07, 2017
Everyone who refuses to see the world of the new uber pricing system through the eyes of warped reasoning and assumptions pulled out of arses, is branded "just joined uber".

if I just joined uber and have managed these ratings then I am ahead of the game.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:
Everyone who refuses to see the world of the new uber pricing system through the eyes of warped reasoning and assumptions pulled out of arses, is branded "just joined uber".

if I just joined uber and have managed these ratings then I am ahead of the game.
when I get a car to use.. U gonna be my model and inspiration... U trying bro

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 6:20pm On May 07, 2017
ihimiray:
when I get a car to use.. U gonna be my model and inspiration... U trying bro
Bro. it's all about your mindset. if you do not love what you do you can never succeed at it even when given all the right tools. some people curse their own progress with their manner of approach to certain things. there is no business on earth without obstacles. what sets you apart from others is your manner of approach to the seeming obstacles.

there are a lot of complainers in this life and if you are not careful they will sway you and your very own conviction. I used to wonder how people managed to do over 80 trips a week until I changed my strategy and approach. and then I was able to.

it's all psychological.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 6:23pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:
Bro. it's all about your mindset. if you do not love what you do you can never succeed at it even when given all the right tools. some people curse their own progress with their manner of approach to certain things. there is no business on earth without obstacles. what sets you apart from others is your manner of approach to the seeming obstacles.

there are a lot of complainers in this life and if you are not careful they will sway you and your very own conviction. I used to wonder how people managed to do over 80 trips a week until I changed my strategy and approach. and then I was able to.

it's all psychological.
very true boss...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 6:26pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:
I don't understand the last question.

what happens to the vehicle before the reduced fares?

as a rule of thumb I service every vehicle I have been driving on uber after 5000 miles. mind you, I achieve 5000 miles in about 3 weeks plus. I also check the linkages and every other part of the vehicle.

what would happen to it?

before the new pricing I make over 20k on weekends. after the new pricing I still made 20k with the same amount of fuel.

what is the problem here?

the protagonists of this issue base their "facts" on assumption. none of you have made a single effort to even try out the pricing regime for even a week before drawing out conclusions.

assumptions aren't facts. stop assuming and present facts.

Well, I have never drive Uber, So you know better.

I think you win! You need to do what you think is best. Good luck.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 6:31pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:
what stupid methods?

are you aware that uber has killed off promo codes? no you don't.

sit there and blame everyone else but yourself for your own misfortune.

accept that there are people smarter than you.

#YIMU
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sinorte: 7:13pm On May 07, 2017
OlugbengaE:
I dont think its out of place to protest. I think its out of place to mock those who went offline or those who chose to protest.

Lets not forget that Uber/Taxify have no vehicles.
They depend on us for their revenue.
This latest move by the apps is too boost their income not to boost income of partners.
They want to make it cheap so that alot more people will use their app.
Uber has reduced their car year to 2003. This is to get more people on board.

Take these scenarios,
Uber has 1000 drivers who generate an average of N300000 per month. That is 300 million of which 25% is N75000000

Or

Uber has 10000 drivers who generate an average of 100000 per month, that's 1billion Naira of which 25% is N250000000

The second scenario is their strategy.

Less money for partners more money for them.

Anyone who thinks this current regime was borne out of the interest of drivers should bury that thought.
At least I know 10 cars that did not work since Thursday.
I know about 15cars working on taxify that were not allowed on uber due to model year now with this reduction all of them may come on board.

The effects of all these will be reduced earnings for drivers and partners

Please what minimum model year qualifies on Taxify?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 7:13pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:
sell your cars oga and let's have peace.

there is still life after uber.

Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 7:31pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:

I have been restraining myself since but you have low self worth and will take anything thrown at you. You seem like a "just give me anything guy" after a job interview.

I took uber from Ojota to Surulere and I paid N750. And this to you is okay. Imagine you invest 3.5million on a car and you are okay with 750 for such trip?

Like I always say its not how much you made but for how long

You make 20k in 200km or 20k in 500k. They are not same.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 7:35pm On May 07, 2017
OlugbengaE:

I have been restraining myself since but you have low self worth and will take anything thrown at you. You seem like a "just give me anything guy" after a job interview.

I took uber from Ojota to Surulere and I paid N750. And this to you is okay. Imagine you invest 3.5million on a car and you are okay with 750 for such trip?

Like I always say its not how much you made but for how long

You make 20k in 200km or 20k in 500k. They are not same.
does uber only operate Ojota to surulere routes?

what idiot would invest 3.5m in a car and put it on Ojota to surulere route?

have you tried Ojota to Epe on uber and get charged 750?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 7:49pm On May 07, 2017
well, uber has dissapointed those who are using high model cars. cant use a car more than 2.2m for this. always invest little. is unfortunate but what next

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 8:37pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:
does uber only operate Ojota to surulere routes?

what idiot would invest 3.5m in a car and put it on Ojota to surulere route?

have you tried Ojota to Epe on uber and get charged 750?

This is the comment I need. Google the word juxtapose
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sleekender(m): 9:32pm On May 07, 2017
Guys...Uber agents are on here.

Don't believe everything you read. Real drivers & partners know where the pinch is at.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sleekender(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:

it's all psychological.

I can categorically say that @Romeo3 is either an Uber agent or has been paid to troll this thread.

No partner or driver shares your views,

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 9:39pm On May 07, 2017
Uber agents are 2 here. Jpworld and Romeo3

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:49pm On May 07, 2017
protocol:
well, uber has dissapointed those who are using high model cars. cant use a car more than 2.2m for this. always invest little. is unfortunate but what next
Uber has a higher standard than taxify. Uber is more popular than taxify is. has more appeal and swag to both local and international riders. Taxify are like apc promising 5000 naira to unemployed Nigerians and promising to feed a school children with their unsustainable 5% commision. just to gain the trust of drivers. majority of taxify drivers are uber rejects.

taxify has so far only gained drivers, but no riders like they expect. if uber reduces their commission to even 20%, taxify is dead.

so the thing about using low end cars on uber is that riders will keep rating you low because of that car and you will eventually get kicked out back to taxify. Uber has set the standard and over pampered their riders with higher end cars. you don't expect such riders to easily eat the humble pie and ride in a low end car.

trust me, I once received a request when I was driving that 2006 corolla. the rider called me and asked me, bros abeg which year is that your corolla? I replied 2006 and he said he was cancelling. for the first time in my uber career, I received 20 5 star ratings in less than 50 trips because of the car I am using... cars matter alot

a car that is well maintained will last longer on the road than a car than a car isn't . if anyone says they won't maintain their car because uber reduced fares, such people need a brain check because that car is their office and if anything happens to it, it's their fault.

riders have an option to cancel a ride on uber because they do not like the car and they are gonna start using it very soon.

it is even too early to start castigating the issue of reduced fares because let's face it, they haven't even driven their cars to know if they notice a difference. if anyone thinks their current car is too good for uber, by all means sell it and invest in another business. or you sell it and buy 100 golf 3's and put on the Ojota to surulere routes.

I don't know how people will just sit behind their phones and believe they know better than the brains that brought the uber thing to them in the first place. if you were half as smart as the inventors of uber, I doubt if you would still be in this level. these are geniuses that study transportation trends and implement services that the populace needs at the right time and someone who hasn't even driven since the day the new pricing started thinks he has an argument?

grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:52pm On May 07, 2017
sleekender:

I can categorically say that @Romeo3 is either an Uber agent or has been paid to troll this thread.

No partner or driver shares your views,
they don't need to. they are not at my level intellectually.

I dare say they don't make above 100k on uber before the price slash. so when i talk, they should sit their arses down and take notes. the current car I drive I got from this thread on a HP arrangement and I am not complaining.

that alone should tell anyone that these guys are 10 levels below.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluseyiojeleye(m): 9:53pm On May 07, 2017
Please support

#UberLagosStrike
#UberLagosStrike

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:57pm On May 07, 2017
Even if uber makes their commission 0%, these group of people would still not make 100k weekly.

Abeg una matter Don tire me. grin grin grin

if their conditions don't suit you, drive on taxify. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eluquenson(m): 10:07pm On May 07, 2017
Arguments all over this thread, yes it's quite okay to argue cos you are to know the truth behind any statement.

This is business and there feasibility studies that should be done before venturing into.
Uber started this e-hailing Taxi few years ago when the fuel price was N97 p/litre, pls quote me if I'm wrong , fuel price increased drastically, but Uber retained the old fare which some set of people complained but on the long run still endured to it.

Just this week, the fare was drastically reduced which made Driver/Partner to work tirelessly if they want to achieve former target.

Now if you think it's lucrative for you to do the job due to others being lazy or pessimist, I think you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG cos you still enjoy the low supply of drivers online.
Majority of Drivers are offline because this decision is not best for their business and pls don't tag them to be pessimist.

I am yet to put my car on Uber, just bought the car this week so am still learning from all your arguments which I will make the best decision for myself.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 10:13pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3, from your dashboard, you made 21k in 15hrs. Fuel takes about 10k in 15hrs. Other expenses takes about 3k
You are left with 8k for 15hrs labour. How much do you remit to owner because I believe you don't own a car.
Where will you get money for maintenance and how long will your car endure this pressure. Mind you, you are still enjoying the surge. Uber makes much more than you
You are either paid to do what you are doing or you get your calculation all wrong. This is a channel to failure in life. Wish you the best

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2017
Johnadu:
Romeo3, from your dashboard, you made 21k in 15hrs. Fuel takes about 10k in 15hrs. Other expenses takes about 3k
You are left with 8k for 15hrs labour. How much do you remit to owner because I believe you don't own a car.
Where will you get money for maintenance and how long will your car endure this pressure. Mind you, you are still enjoying the surge. Uber makes much more than you
You are either paid to do what you are doing or you get your calculation all wrong. This is a channel to failure in life. Wish you the best
I spent 6k on fuel. not 10

what other expenses took 3k? are you now calculating my expenses for me?

what surge? I did 17 trips yesterday and only one of them was a surge trip. if I follow the surge and don't make 30k and above, I should be checked.

bro we don't view life through the same lens. if you think it is a channel to failure you will fail not me.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2017
Johnadu:
Uber agents are 2 here. Jpworld and Romeo3

@Johnadu @OlugbengaE
Don’t blame @Romeo3 he is on HP and if he default, the car will be taken away, even if Uber slash the price to 80% he will continue working.
But you @OlugbengaE you own couple of cars, you must have saved a lot and can probably decide to rest for the next 6months grin or find alternative business.

@Johnadu I’m never in support of the price slash, but I’m of the opinion that Taxify that is the main culprit should be pressured to adjust it fare back to normal.
You can’t ask only Uber to come back to normal price and allow Taxify to continue giving out a ridiculous price, which will give Taxify a big advantage in gaining more Uber riders.
Maybe a call for government regulation will be a wise idea

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:58pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:
He is asking me how I did it.... you must think I am lazy like you... lol

I only had one surge trip yesterday. so shut the 4uk up in advance before I hear you say surge...

Am interested in these two trips;

23:25pm and 05:00am .

Both resulted in the same earnings: #2332.50.

Can you pls share trip details..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 11:00pm On May 07, 2017
TokyoBulls:
I agree. I did a survey of 64 drivers on the type of cars they want for hire purchase and none of them said he prefers newer models of Kia,
Hyundai over Toyota or Nissan.
boss am a Driver and would love to work with you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:01pm On May 07, 2017
Romeo3:
I spent 6k on fuel. not 10

what other expenses took 3k? are you now calculating my expenses for me?

what surge? I did 17 trips yesterday and only one of them was a surge trip. if I follow the surge and don't make 30k and above, I should be checked.

bro we don't view life through the same lens. if you think it is a channel to failure you will fail not me.

Now I know you are on HP, and I hope you succeed.
With my experience in transport business, your car might start developing serious problem, after 6months or 1year. which will lead to frequent visit to mechanic workshop and then you might not be able to fulfill your weekly pay of HP.

Many have lost their cars on HP after 1year...

And with this Uber new price, that is what will likely happen to most HP deals.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 11:10pm On May 07, 2017
[quote author=chillex8 post=56307000]
Am also interested in these two trips;
10:57 and 12:26 both trips are 1200.00
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 11:10pm On May 07, 2017
I think Romeo3 should also support the protest so he doesn't loose his HP vehicle on the long run.
Taxify issues is not as complex as Uber because they take 5% commission.
Let us all support tomorrow protest plsssss

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (5719) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Fatbam005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.