Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (706) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4769000 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34pm On May 13, 2018
Chuwaa:

Peugeot and rainy season are mortal enemies. Your low brain box will pack up in a week, your driver will dump you.
Oya Gazzuz tell me am right. Lol

quite the contrary, engine ecu is inside engine bay, but position in reference to height above water is at par with 2007 corrola or a 2007 camry.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 13, 2018
brogxy:
Pls house, I did the Uber online screening test this morning but no response yet. How do I confirm my result. And do I need to attend the session in their office. I will appreciate a feedback soon. Thanks

Carshopper
Gazzuzz
stacyadams
jayooh
Tgiirl
Enyinne
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 7:51pm On May 13, 2018
brogxy:
Pls house, I did the Uber online screening test this morning but no response yet. How do I confirm my result. And do I need to attend the session in their office. I will appreciate a feedback soon. Thanks

Carshopper
Gazzuzz
stacyadams
jayooh
Tgiirl75DBK7Q
Enyinne
.. If u don download d app..try signing in,if ur profile open..u go knw say u pass...I do dere training session on line...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 13, 2018
stacyadams:
.. If u don download d app..try signing in,if ur profile open..u go knw say u pass...I do dere training session on line...
This is the reply I got.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by laytoshtwo: 8:27pm On May 13, 2018
stacyadams:
I need a good car to drive,give me bad car,my story go plenty pass vanguard news...Im new on uber but I get assurance deposit �� ,fenced house with gate..08109502051..try put car tracker for ur vehicle....can't be buying car for 3m and can't afford 30k tracker

grin grin[ grin The best thing you can do is to get a loan from the bank.I don't think anyone will give you a car to drive with this comment

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by carixma: 9:29pm On May 13, 2018
150K target achieved. Offline and online trips totaling 153k. Monday, took one of my riders offline to US Embassy waited 6hrs, at d end trip I was paid 15k. Thursday, I went to deliver a parcel in molete Ibadan. Client paid me 35k to and flo. Saturday, took a rider to party at Ikorodu odoguyan stay 3 1/2 hours, at d end I was paid 13k. What a wonderful week. Thank U Taxify once again.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 10:01pm On May 13, 2018
brogxy:

This is the reply I got.
keep trying maybe till Wednesday .if e never activate .go there office

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 10:01pm On May 13, 2018
Please guys how much do they paint car. And a good place to paint car in lagos
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 10:02pm On May 13, 2018
laytoshtwo:

grin grin[ grin The best thing you can do is to get a loan from the bank.I don't think anyone will give you a car to drive with this comment
the problem na d 30k tracker or the vanguard news story��
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 11:08pm On May 13, 2018
carixma:
150K target achieved. Offline and online trips totaling 153k. Monday, took one of my riders offline to US Embassy waited 6hrs, at d end trip I was paid 15k. Thursday, I went to deliver a parcel in molete Ibadan. Client paid me 35k to and flo. Saturday, took a rider to party at Ikorodu odoguyan stay 3 1/2 hours, at d end I was paid 13k. What a wonderful week. Thank U Taxify once again.
How much do you charge them for offline trips per hour pls?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 13, 2018
stacyadams:
I need a good car to drive,give me bad car,my story go plenty pass vanguard news...Im new on uber but I get assurance deposit �� ,fenced house with gate..08109502051..try put car tracker for ur vehicle....can't be buying car for 3m and can't afford 30k tracker

I understand you’re upcoming in the business but your approach look like the Tony that Gazzuzz describe?

Approach matters. You might be a good person with awesome track record but first impression matters a lot.

You need to understand the business you’re getting into and part of the thing you need to get right is communication.

What is essential is to get comprehensive insurance, because car tracker will not serve as insurance. A thief can disable car tracker but can never make claims for stolen vehicle which serve as compensation for the loss suffered by the car owner.

Using the bold word, will not be getting you any car soon.

Car Trackers are used by Car Owners on this platform (Uber/Taxify) for a different purpose entirely but you seems not to understand it.

I will advise you learn from the experienced drivers on thread to show you the way because am sure they don’t start this way.

It’s good that you’re new, but learning is a continuous project just like your experienced counterparts are still doing on a daily basis.

You’re going to be dealing with human beings and you need to understand that when it comes to certain topics like Money people becomes emotional and very strict because no one pick 3mm on the floor in the street of Lagos to buy a Car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by johnabraham: 12:02am On May 14, 2018
just love it.....
oga gazzuzz which vehicle is it?
GAZZUZZ:
if every car could be this smart, there would be fewer accidents due to fatigue

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 12:05am On May 14, 2018
Carshopper:
Every Driver comes with baggages - be ready to hear stories from drivers on why payment isn't coming through or be ready to hear they popular 'I will pay it within the week'

Every guarantor comes with 'I didnot know he will act that way, I will speak to him ' den the chase starts...

Every police will want to chop inside the money when case is reported

So this circle keeps going round and round. Drivers switch and switch and keep switching.

So security deposit popped up and presently it's working magic ...

Soon guarantors will also be liable to a security deposit and life once again will stablize and we shall move lagos

Security deposits from guarantors is a stretch in my opinion.

What will be the purpose of the security deposit? Is it to insure against the value of the car (comprehensive insurance solves this), or is it to insure against the weekly rentals (upfront weekly payment solves this)

kindly enlighten me

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by leksonltd: 12:23am On May 14, 2018
I have been using Peugeot 307 for about 2 years now.
I understand the car and love it. Peugeot is a good brand, I use Peugeot expert to maintain my cars. Pls sir kindly give me your reasons.
GAZZUZZ:
word of advise, don't do peugeot. Don't ask why I will not answer.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by smatt1711: 12:26am On May 14, 2018
Uber and Taxify has being giving me sleepless night recentely,honestely i want to give this business a try early next year, am currentely in a business that pays me 2k daily, pleas guys what advice will you give to someone that wants to join this business new considering :
He does not know much area in lagos and abj
He is entirely new to transport business
He is young(below 30)
A degree holder
He has one million naira(1000000) as capital

Pleas suggest a good car this amount can get,and a better city to do this job between abj and lag.
Can i combine Uber and Taxify?
Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:33am On May 14, 2018
Tgiirl:

I don't need loan, my brother
. Why not give out one of your cars to that family friend of yours to remit 40k to you instead of requesting for cheap rentals for him/her from another partner.

Pls no fall my hand naw.

Happy Sunday. Today's service was powerful...
I don tap the anointing to go into this week to make more, lesser work.

It's by GOD'S GRACE Not by might

Well in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different way and without fighting and by trying to make it clear and by considering each and every one's opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:38am On May 14, 2018
pappy2000:

Oga you are a capitalist
, I understand u, but getting loan from the Bank we know its not easy, but I got a loan of close to one million naira last year from the bank, but I haven't come across uber then, I invested all the monies on land m my building , I work with a good coy in Lagos, so if you have paid employment u can easily get a loan

Just because u borrow money from the bank, you can't expect a driver to driver u for u forever .you mees to make it a win win situation, its takes just two weeks for extremely rough driving to make your car go through wear n tear

Did I bring capitalism into Nigeria ....

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:42am On May 14, 2018
carixma:

God bless you bro.. If you need any assistance of any shape or form .hit me up and I will be more than happy to help.. Good job and may u never lack anything....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 12:49am On May 14, 2018
TheCar:

I understand you’re upcoming in the business but your approach look like the Tony that Gazzuzz describe?

Approach matters. You might be a good person with awesome track record but first impression matters a lot.

You need to understand the business you’re getting into and part of the thing you need to get right is communication.

What is essential is to get comprehensive insurance, because car tracker will not serve as insurance. A thief can disable car tracker but can never make claims for stolen vehicle which serve as compensation for the loss suffered by the car owner.

Using the bold word, will not be getting you any car soon.

Car Trackers are used by Car Owners on this platform (Uber/Taxify) for a different purpose entirely but you seems not to understand it.

I will advise you learn from the experienced drivers on thread to show you the way because am sure they don’t start this way.

It’s good that you’re new, but learning is a continuous project just like your experienced counterparts are still doing on a daily basis.

You’re going to be dealing with human beings and you need to understand that when it comes to certain topics like Money people becomes emotional and very strict because no one pick 3mm on the floor in the street of Lagos to buy a Car.
thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:51am On May 14, 2018
pappy2000:

Oga you are a capitalist, I understand u, but getting loan from the Bank we know its not easy, but I got a loan of close to one million naira last year from the bank, but I haven't come across uber then, I invested all the monies on land m my building , I work with a good coy in Lagos, so if you have paid employment u can easily get a loan

Just because u borrow money from the bank, you can't expect a driver to driver u for u forever .you mees to make it a win win situation, its takes just two weeks for extremely rough driving to make your car go through wear n tear

When you start your company , u can run it how you feel
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 12:56am On May 14, 2018
Hello everyone
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 1:39am On May 14, 2018
bily:

What will be the purpose of the security deposit? Is it to insure against the value of the car (comprehensive insurance solves this), or is it to insure against the weekly rentals (upfront weekly payment solves this)

kindly enlighten me

What is the purpose of the security deposit?

If ur guarantor is truly giving the partner a guaranteed assurance, then I believe it should be quantifiable. So upfront payment solves only 65% of weekly payment using my own agreement... Who then guarantees 25%?

Your guarantor should be able to guarantee you contract agreement with the remaining 25% in writing, that way we have a figure to your guarantor agreement, that way guarantors will be mindful of who they 'guaranteed '

That way drivers may sit up and do right in the right way

I hope I have been able to shed more light on ways the narrative keeping changing

Recently I have activated a security deposit (vehicle retrieved successfully) and a guarantor liability on money owed (payment assured)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emekayoung(m): 1:42am On May 14, 2018
blackfm:
Taxify isnt giving me cash trips, i confirmed it using my friends to request. Card enters, cash goes to another driver..not that i care if its cash or card but its very unlikely to meet campaign targets on card trips alone.. Bleep u taxify! Im in the center of the tomato farm and i cant pluck
Once u owe them close to 15k they will start giving u card trips alone until u pay up ur debt..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 2:10am On May 14, 2018
bily:

kindly enlighten me

Bros leave them na, they're changing the narrative, they will soon change their brain join. I don't understand how some people reason sometimes. So driver security deposit is not enough, they now want guarantor deposit. SMH. Whoever came up with this suggestion, needs to have his/her head examined.

And for the guy advocating for upfront rentals...continue. You will surely drive the car yourself. Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 2:12am On May 14, 2018
smatt1711:
Uber and Taxify has being giving me sleepless night recentely,honestely i want to give this business a try early next year, am currentely in a business that pays me 2k daily, pleas guys what advice will you give to someone that wants to join this business new considering :
He does not know much area in lagos and abj
He is entirely new to transport business
He is young(below 30)
A degree holder
He has one million naira(1000000) as capital

Pleas suggest a good car this amount can get,and a better city to do this job between abj and lag.
Can i combine Uber and Taxify?
Thanks.

Looking around, I'm sure a lot of us fit your demographic. Young, upwardly mobile, with a little capital, looking for something to do. I would like to say I was in your shoes once, but I can't, because to be honest, I'm currently in your shoes. wink
As I found out, not knowing the roads in your city is not a big deal. many uber drivers started out that way, today, they themselves are city maps. There might be a few minor hiccups initially, but you'll get good eventually. What you can do is be honest upfront with your rider, they are usually more than willing to help guide you, especially if you are polite.
Driving on the platform has so many other benefits but I'll just focus on the money.Normal rental fee in Lagos is between 35-40 grand per week, 25-35 in Abuja; divvy that and you have about 5k per day, definitely an improvement on your current earnings.
Speaking of cars to buy, if you can get a good Hyundai for below 900 grand, that would be a coup. Hyundais seem to be the direction of choice for ridesharing cars nowadays. Affordable, economical and marginally rugged. You can register the vehicle with sub 50 grand. Purchase everything you need for Uber and still have some change left for fuel.
You might want to think about purchasing the Guide to Uber for Partners and the Guide to Uber for Drivers, they are books I wrote to help you gain better knowledge about ride sharing, a sort of Key Points if you will.
There's a massively discounted rate waiting for you if you choose to accept the offer.
Cheers and Good luck.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 2:24am On May 14, 2018
carixma:
Well done. Hard work= easy money.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:36am On May 14, 2018
carixma:

I keep saying this.. In the mist of chaous there is always an opportunity... in this uber / taxify business people that will make money, will make money.. While others groan and b**ch that the fare is too low. Everyday is not Xmas, make haste while the sun shine... another uber Partner and also driver, on these thread made 100k .. And he said coz he was lazy..

[12/05, 3:02 a.m.] ���� Uber: Not bad
[12/05, 3:02 a.m.] ���� Uber: Still very clear o
[12/05, 3:02 a.m.] ���� Uber: Not bad
[12/05, 3:02 a.m.] ���� Uber: Castrol will be longer o
[12/05, 3:03 a.m.] ���� Uber: At least 7k miles
[12/05, 3:03 a.m.] Mayowa Uber: Most are all same 5k
[12/05, 3:03 a.m.] Mayowa Uber: Except for extended performance
[12/05, 3:03 a.m.] ���� Uber: Well
[12/05, 3:03 a.m.] ���� Uber: U go find out sha
[12/05, 3:03 a.m.] ���� Uber: When u start using it
[12/05, 3:04 a.m.] ���� Uber: Coz the review for castrol is very gud
[12/05, 3:04 a.m.] ���� Uber: Am impressed by it
[12/05, 3:04 a.m.] Mayowa Uber: Wednesday next will make it 3 weeks
[12/05, 3:04 a.m.] ���� Uber: That is what I will start using on all my fleet
[12/05, 3:05 a.m.] Mayowa Uber: Market dey alright
[12/05, 3:08 a.m.] Mayowa Uber: With my laziness
[12/05, 3:08 a.m.] Mayowa Uber: My 100k dey complete

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:11am On May 14, 2018
stacyadams:
thanks

You’re welcome.

I think you should use this format e.g.

What you need?

How much you can deliver weekly?

Where you stay?

Example: I am a newly registered Uber driver with good knowledge of Lagos road. I can deliver xxxxx.xx weekly as rental payment. I have xxxxx.xx as security deposit and I live in a secure environment at xxxxxxxxxx.

I will take care of your car as my own and I don’t give stories about weekly rental.

I have suitable Guarantors and ready to start business.

Kindly call me on XXXXXXXXXXX.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by boxymccoy(m): 6:19am On May 14, 2018
Good morning house, a Taxify/ Uber driver with good rating urgently needed for a 2006 Corolla ( Manual transmission, Bank type) Should be a resident of either Gbagada,Ikeja, or Bariga. Kindly call 09066846080 for details
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nosanovia(m): 6:20am On May 14, 2018
Experienced Uber drivers with good ratings wanted for a Toyota Camry 2000 car.

Rental fee of 30 per week.

2 suitable guarantors needed.

30k security deposit needed.

Preferably mainland drivers especially around iyana ipaja, agege, egbeda and Ikeja axis.

Must have a fenced compound to park the car.

If interested call 08083081425

Cheers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:24am On May 14, 2018
lexylexy:

Bros leave them na, they're changing the narrative, they will soon change their brain join. I don't understand how some people reason sometimes. So driver security deposit is not enough, they now want guarantor deposit. SMH. Whoever came up with this suggestion, needs to have his/her head examined.

And for the guy advocating for upfront rentals...continue. You will surely drive the car yourself. Nonsense!

Well I believe as at today you pay rent where you live except you are still living with your parents in Lagos. Do you pay you rent after or upfront?

I assumed you have either DSTV, GOTV or Startimes, do you prepaid or use postpaid.

The internet you used to view and reply this comment is it prepaid or postpaid? Well, off course except if it’s bonus data.

You don’t have to agreed to the narrative, you can be the change you’re advocating for?

Get in touch with Dru23, he will link you with banks that grant loans for Uber business at friendly rate so you can buy a car and give to any driver to drive on your behalf and don’t worry about maintenance, the bank would be responsible for everything on your behalf.

Common Sense isn’t common.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: glambo(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.