Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4729482 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2018
pappy2000:

You got me wrong , the best is high purchase, if you say you want rental the big disadvatage of rental of that the driver will not see the car as his own but something he needs to maximize from thereby destroying the car, but if you do HP, the man knows after he meets the target, the car will be his, I almost got into an agreement for HP with u but I backed out because I was doing somethings. i ts a 3.2 million naira deal but the car is worth 1.3m , that is fair on all sides, because since you are the risk taker u need to get at leat 100% of your investment within two years which is good enough , the driver on his part knows that after two years the car becomes his. So its a win win situation, if you go for rental, the driver will want to make sure he maximize his effort so he may be targeting g a weekly income of 150k n if he get let say 80k out if it weekly , in three months he leaves your car totally battered while u gain at most 400k within that three months

We don see you better person, who ask you? Nonsense

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:30pm On May 14, 2018
Hello Fellow Iberians

Please is there anyone using a 2006 Camry (big daddy)on uber.

Please what's d fuel consumption like. I know corolla is better but does it pass for 2nd best to corolla.

@Gazzuz.....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:36pm On May 14, 2018
cooldood:
Hello Great Drivers, this is still available:

A Camry 2005 is ready to hit the road. If you're a great driver and can meet the following requirements, drop your number.

1) Experienced Uber Driver
2) Rental agreement, to deliver twice a week (Tuesdays and Friday)
3) 2 Guarantors
4) Have a safe place to park the car
5) Shared car maintenance
Tell me how much you can deliver without sleeping on the steering, without overworking yourself to death

Cheers.
Location?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harbewilliams(m): 8:39pm On May 14, 2018
its time we create a group for just investors, fleet managers. to fish out the bad drivers. They will go to the next car owner different stories e.g he's travelling abroad so he sold his car, the car is bad, the wife just got back so he decided to give the wife the car. e.t.c they never have fault for dropping the car. ITS HIGH TIME WE FISH OUT THE BAD DRIVERS...... AND MAKE IT STRICTLY CAR OWNER, FLEET MANAGERS ON THE GROUP.
dru23:

People say I talk too much... what you people don't realise I also talk when things are not going smooth.. Yes I talk that I have 8cars + and counting and that am bragging... at the same time I will tell about my losses ..when my car had sludge, I mentioned it and posted the pic for it and offered a solution.. So that people can learn. But at the end ,people will come out and say I have smoke something... now let me get to the matters on things now.

For currant and would be uber/ taxify investors.. Listern very carefully. A driver has just drop my car not too long ago . And guess what ? The driver is owning 13k plus and I didn't collect part of his weekly assurance o. The bastard didn't wait for my manager at all ,he just drop the car and left . And he switch off his phone. Now will have to go and chase his guarantor and also check to see if the car is still OK mechanical wise. When I talk on these thread people will say am crazy, and I mention assurance, people will talk and say this and that. A person even said I come on the thread to spy and use the information to give my drivers hell. Investors collect your assurance o, those that have ears make you hear .. Have made it from now on to start collecting assurance from drivers o. No matter how a driver begs , I will collect my insurance o.. Some of you drivers will say nonsense, that nobody will drive for me. My answer to that is bold and clear. " I will rather have an Army of 5 lions ,than an army of 15 sheeps'' meaning if I can get 5 drivers with assurance deposit.. It is better than 10 cars with no assurance at all.

To end the topic of assurance deposit.. Partners need to make sure their cars are in 100 shape, before giving it out for assurance deposit.. Drivers need to also inspect the car fully .. They should be a clause that says the driver can collect his assurance deposit, he will need to drive for three days to make sure the car is top shape.. If the car is not in top shape, the owner will need to fix the car and make it rite.. Now if the owner refuse to do it , the driver has the rite to collect his assurance money back within a time frame. This is a similar way of how business is done in the western world.. And I will have to talk to other uber partners on the forum to see if we can come up with a thread that will allow us to post list of drivers with their phone numbers that left there partners. So that other partners can be aware .. Trust me if we can't do that on these forum we are just deceiving ourselves. We are just wasting our time on the thread. The major issue is that most of these drivers are coming from these platform, that includes the bad ones and the good ones. I will look into it and go from there. Now for any potential drivers looking for a from me , don't blame me if request for a part of your weekly assurance o.. It is a doggy dog eat world we are in o.. That is the reality o.. I will keep you people posted.. " A word is enough for the wise"

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40pm On May 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:
Good Sirs, please what can make car want to tumble at a corner even when you have slowed down to a reasonable extent?

village people

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harbewilliams(m): 8:41pm On May 14, 2018
We manage vehicles for people who don't have time to manage their vehicles but want to invest in the e-hailing business (taxify, uber, oga taxi) years of experience in this business has shaped our ideas.

Call us today for more details on our services,your investment is our priority
Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
07016682929 call or whatsapp
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:42pm On May 14, 2018
Fleet managers contact me Via whatsapp for whatsapp group.

Managers only. Minimum of 5cars (you will be verified)

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harbewilliams(m): 8:50pm On May 14, 2018
share your number
add 07016682929
GAZZUZZ:
Fleet managers contact me Via whatsapp for whatsapp group.

Managers only. Minimum of 5cars (you will be verified)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2018
slamstanlee:
that place far die
Been there over 10 times.
University days.
Those who know, know wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:55pm On May 14, 2018
Harbewilliams:
its time we create a group for just investors, fleet managers. to fish out the bad drivers. They will go to the next car owner different stories e.g he's travelling abroad so he sold his car, the car is bad, the wife just got back so he decided to give the wife the car. e.t.c they never have fault for dropping the car. ITS HIGH TIME WE FISH OUT THE BAD DRIVERS...... AND MAKE IT STRICTLY CAR OWNER, FLEET MANAGERS ON THE GROUP.

Till the thread kicks for default drivers... my point to all new investors and old is make sure you collect your "assurance". deposit .. It will reduce the stories... and the reason I decided to share my story was basically I was playing with the idea of direct deposit and my fear came to reality
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:58pm On May 14, 2018
Tgiirl:

No not compulsory but necessary and its payable once a year (8k)

Office at Providence House, 23 Admiralty Rd, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos

They have moved.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:07pm On May 14, 2018
pappy2000:

Oga no vex, but the truth is that this is what happens when you use the rental system, I have you again and again use HP, that was what u started with go back to your first love .If u like double your investment on the HP , its better than the rental system

This is not a matter of no vex o. The reason I shared my story, meaning this rarely happens to me.. I can recall when a driver owned me o.. Maybe I can count them on my fingers on the amount of times.. But the point am driving here is for future and currant investors to take note.. Collect your assurance money and don't procrastinate . I procrastinate or I was just waiting for the driver to f*ck up. So now I have made it mantory to collect my weekly " assurance" deposit. And Mr.pappy 2000, thanks but no thanks. I am not doing hp and I have time and time advised you to walk into a bank and collect loan . I cannot drag you into a banking hall bro. I listed about 5 good banks that are capable of giving loans .if one denies you, don't give up try others until you get one that can give you a loan..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harbewilliams(m): 9:08pm On May 14, 2018
I understand you sir, I have lots of driver's who have defaulted. Most of these guys are shortsighted, they dont see the e-hailing business as a business, some even think they are helping car owners. That's why i am putting more stringent laws and policies on my platform. We need to take off the fraudulent and Lazy Drivers.......... If Genuine Investors and real fleet managers can come together, it will make alot of sense.
dru23:

Till the thread kicks for default drivers... my point to all new investors and old is make sure you collect your "assurance". deposit .. It will reduce the stories... and the reason I decided to share my story was basically I was playing with the idea of direct deposit and my fear came to reality

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Harbewilliams(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2018
We manage vehicles for people who don't have time to manage their vehicles but want to invest in the e-hailing business (taxify, uber, oga taxi) years of experience in this business has shaped our ideas.

Call us today for more details on our services,your investment is our priority

Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
07016682929 call or whatsapp
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com

added
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:21pm On May 14, 2018
Harbewilliams:
I understand you sir, I have lots of driver's who have defaulted. Most of these guys are shortsighted, they dont see the e-hailing business as a business, some even think they are helping car owners. That's why i am putting more stringent laws and policies on my platform. We need to take off the fraudulent and Lazy Drivers.......... If Genuine Investors and real fleet managers can come together, it will make alot of sense.

Abi o , na small small .. Lets us start the narrative or the culture for all new investors and old ones to start making it mandatory to collect their "assurance".deposit. If these becomes a culture trust me fewer bad drivers will exist . While we are doing that I will see how we can start a thread for default drivers , that will include their names and phone number. But we definitely need a thread for it .. It will be a work in progress. If this is not done, we are just deceiving ourselves on these forum.. Because we have identified the problem, and we have not implemented the solution. Let weekly assurance kicks in first, that will be the basic and we can go from there.. You can't walk until you crawl first..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2018
Harbewilliams:

And the logic here is . . If you need to rent in Lagos, you need to pay for a full year , sometimes two years. And also you need to put down a deposit to help cover any damages that might occured during or after the tenure of your rent.. But most uber /taxify drivers can not reason when it comes to their job. Why would u want to disrupt, something that his bringing you income. The house u live in does not give you income, but u capable of paying your security deposit and one full year of rent. And you rather disrupt an avenue that brings income.. That I fully don't understand o. So people make sure you collect your assurance weekly deposit o. If a driver is capable of finding his one year rent, he is capable of depositing his weekly "assurance". Money, and am sure partners can let you drop 15k to 20k assurance deposit, that is if you can't drop the full.. I see it been very durable. .let us change the narrative.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:42pm On May 14, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

village people
Hmmmm, Bros na waoo.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2018
cooldood:

A Camry 2005 is ready to hit the road. If you're a great driver and can meet the following requirements, drop your number.

3) 2 Guarantors
Tell me how much you can deliver without sleeping on the steering, without overworking yourself to death

Cheers.

I hope you follow the thread.. If you don't collect your assurance deposit.. My brother you are setting yourself up to be F * * ked in the a$$. Which can be very painful, these uber / taxify don't give a sh * t about.. Or maybe you like been f*@ked in the a** . Either way read the thread, a word is always enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2018
cooldood:

3) 2 Guarantors

Cheers.
Great drivers no assurance deposit..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2018
dru23:
Great drivers no assurance deposit..
Abeg, how much is ur insurance deposit?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:36pm On May 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:
Good Sirs, please what can make car want to tumble at a corner even when you have slowed down to a reasonable extent?

When u say reasonable extent what is your definition of reasonable?

How hard was he braking? At what speed did he approach?

At high speed, braking too hard into a corner is dangerous especially when you fully brake all the way into it. If you do that you end up becoming a slingshot.

A smarter approach would be to slow down just enough to get a turn in and then power out. That way you allow you allow torque to counter the unbalance gravitational pull on the outer side.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:31pm On May 14, 2018
Gentlelife50:
eleyi gidi gan o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:38pm On May 14, 2018
EMIOMOADEOYE:

When u say reasonable extent what is your definition of reasonable?

How hard was he braking? At what speed did he approach?

At high speed, braking too hard into a corner is dangerous especially when you fully brake all the way into it. If you do that you end up becoming a slingshot.

A smarter approach would be to slow down just enough to get a turn in and then power out. That way you allow you allow torque to counter the unbalance gravitational pull on the outer side.
Okay let's say from third mainland bridge, there's a bend before rilwane road. I slow to the extent that other vehicles will even be overtaking me with ease. I knew something is wrong my brother, just can't place it. Sometimes the vehicle goes one side as if you have a flat tire and after some it returns to normal and balance. Later may start again or transfer to the other side. Lol. Village people right?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by crossfire47(m): 12:10am On May 15, 2018
osarodon:
Smart guy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by crossfire47(m): 12:11am On May 15, 2018
Romeo3:
If you are finding it hard to meet up as a driver, it's time you get on the two platforms. uber and taxify.

From my personal experience, it reduces your downtime and wait time. If a request comes from uber, go offline on taxify and vice versa. No, it's not stressful and you only need 5 seconds to go offline on the other platform. If you find this difficult, e hailing isn't your calling.

There are times when the devil wants to be on your matter and requests will enter your phone at the same time from uber and taxify, yes it happened to me this morning as well. I handle it differently, depending on my circumstance.

1. I make sure I accept both requests. I will then call them both and find out politely where they are heading. I naturally like long distance trips, so if I am supposed to take you from ogba to ikeja shrine on uber, while the other taxify rider is going to lekki, "my ac has stopped working" or "i just had a minor accident" is the response the uber rider will get while I am on my way to pick taxify rider.

2. I slide the "arriving now" button on taxify, wait for 3 mins and then cancel the taxify. If you do not wait for 3 mins before cancelling, your activity score will reduce. OR if my cancellation on uber is less than 15%, i will cancel the uber.

3.This morning, i forgot the uber app was on after I had spoken with the taxify client. I accepted the uber request. But i never called the rider. She called 3 times and i refused to pick, so she cancelled by herself. No penalty.

Now, while on a trip with uber and you are almost at your destination, go online on taxify once you enter the street of your final destination, or vice versa.

Only give uber preference when you are in a surge or boost area. That's the only time uber makes more sense than taxify. Combine the two apps.... Money is money. Don't be loyal to any one app. They haven't done anything for your father and they cannot help your family. Use them and dump them when required.

cheers.
ma nigga

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 12:17am On May 15, 2018
It is not even close to third best In terms of fuel consumption but that doesnt mean u won't make profit, just that your profit margin might be as slim as Peter Crouch...
If you are looking for cars with pretty low consumption then look towards this way : yaris, echo, Pontiac vibe, civic, Honda city, Elantra, Accent...

EMIOMOADEOYE:
Hello Fellow Iberians

Please is there anyone using a 2006 Camry (big daddy)on uber.

Please what's d fuel consumption like. I know corolla is better but does it pass for 2nd best to corolla.

@Gazzuz.....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by agbonda(m): 12:28am On May 15, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Renewal?

Yes, I did mine last Friday

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:19am On May 15, 2018
Seun360:

Abeg, how much is ur insurance deposit?

My team is thinking about 15k to 20k.. Worse case scenario nothing less than 10k .. Or if u decide that it is 20k and they only come up with 10k .. Take the rest weekly from them maybe 1k a week till it amounts to 20k. But in general nothing less than 10k. And make sure the car is in top shape.. It is only fair to get your car in shape, if you asking for a deposit
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mideoladokun: 1:28am On May 15, 2018
How does uber charge the passengers (charge rate) and what percentage goes directly to uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by armanipumping(m): 2:15am On May 15, 2018
My number is 08186780899 i am interested lets talk or you send me a mail at mic12den@gmail.com
uote author=cooldood post=67492993]Hello Great Drivers, this is still available:

3) 2 Guarantors

Cheers.[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Aro007: 4:36am On May 15, 2018
3 no Experience Uber/Taxify Drivers Needed.
Kindly Buzz me on WhatsApp (08027618200)
If interested and Qualified
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epeke1(m): 4:54am On May 15, 2018
Hi, I am an experienced uber/taxify driver. I am seeking for a car to drive. kindly reach me on 08062115779

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Kaymaxi2222(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.