Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4733150 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2018
frugal:

This too, if well maintained and not abused.
Great car, fuel consumption is even better than corolla.
The only reason why corolla is the default Uber car is because its features are at the intersection of all Uber needs. Durability, fuel consumption, space etc.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
kia cerato 2007 automatic 1.6liter for sale. Price 1m (fixed) nothing to fix including tyres, just hit the road.

Number plates will be retrieved but after 4weeks to enable you get yours.

How many months on uber?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MarKar584: 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
@taxiappguy,

May I know if infinix smart is part of the phone accepted by uber?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
On front page. Big up for Elantra.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
MarKar584:

@taxiappguy,

May I know if infinix smart is part of the phone accepted by uber?
I have never used it so I don't have first-hand knowledge. It's not on Uber's site for approved or banned phones. It's not on any list I can find. So I can only give my opinion.
Uber works best on phones with at least 2 gig ram.
So though the Infinix smart is 1 gig, it should still work if you don't run other RAM intensive apps. It's an entry level phone so the GPS antenna might be a worry. Luckily Uber's GPS is better than Taxify's so it should work well on Uber.
Finally, the taste of the pudding is in the eating. You can ask the people with direct experience.
If nobody knows, go to Uber or try using it for a week. If you notice any lags, funny app pricing, GPS position error etc
You know what to do.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 2:07pm On Jun 22, 2018
A thread to settle Toyota/Kia/Hyundai difference landed on front page
. https://www.nairaland.com/4575740/see-2018-best-worst-car

TheCar, GAZZUZZ, iyaegin, chucsmoore, Dovehorizon, eherbal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desgiezd(m): 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2018
Kneo, please we need to talk or chat. You can reach me on since I can't get your number here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Meklex(m): 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
Why is uber and Taxify only in Abuja and Lagos?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Opeexclusive04(m): 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
omotoda:

Automatic or manual transmission sir?

Combo Transmission

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MarKar584: 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

I have never used it so I don't have first-hand knowledge. It's not on Uber's site for approved or banned phones. It's not on any list I can find. So I can only give my opinion.
Uber works best on phones with at least 2 gig ram.
So though the Infinix smart is 1 gig, it should still work if you don't run other RAM intensive apps. It's an entry level phone so the GPS antenna might be a worry. Luckily Uber's GPS is better than Taxify's so it should work well on Uber.
Finally, the taste of the pudding is in the eating. You can ask the people with direct experience.
If nobody knows, go to Uber or try using it for a week. If you notice any lags, funny app pricing, GPS position error etc
You know what to do.

Thank you really appreciate the information.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tunesh(m): 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2018
Pictures Please

GAZZUZZ:
kia cerato 2007 automatic 1.6liter for sale. Price 1m (fixed) nothing to fix including tyres, just hit the road.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 3:09pm On Jun 22, 2018
My plan na to pursue 15k before 9ja match, watch match finish pursue 7k after d match. Plan don work like disgrin grin. E remain 4k to complete d day

Good afternoon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
slamstanlee:
My plan na to pursue 15k before 9ja match, watch match finish pursue 7k after d match. Plan don work like disgrin grin. E remain 4k to complete d day

Good afternoon
Nice one, i am rooting for you and super eagles.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MarKar584: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Please is HP allow?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tunesh(m): 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
[s]
Tunesh:
Pictures Please
[/s]

Milelage and Location Biko?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Nice one, i am rooting for you and super eagles.
i hope they win. If they play rubbish this first half. I'll just put on my apps and pursue more money

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2018
I am on 13k plus on 1k fuel already. 2 trips Pere. Chilling at home watching Naija game. Will hit d road after d game. Today’s Target is 20k on remaining 1k fuel before 10pm. Haters can keep doubting... grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2018
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

I drive this. It's an offline magnet, especially if it's fresh. I have business cards I share out to my customers, I also have free internet in my car, I like to think those help me get callbacks. I use glo so the subscription is pretty affordable.
At a point, I never had to log onto Uber because I had some 2 particular clients who would take up all my driving time everyday. That's why I believe the guy that said he can make 20k from 2k fuel, it's not common but it's very possible. I used to make 15k from 1k petrol at 2k/hour. All I had to do was park in one place and browse the internet.
As someone said earlier, people like to pull up looking good. If your car allows them look good, then you are a frontline candidate for off lines.
do you usually inform them of the free wifi?
I will look into this as I have an mtn mini router..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
timilehing:
How many months on uber?

I believe the question should be what is the service history .... wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2018
lymelyte:
do you usually inform them of the free wifi?
I will look into this as I have an mtn mini router..
As soon as they come in, I state what I have, most people will tell you not to bother. But, it's a great ice breaker to start with.
I tell you i have free internet, an aux cable and radio( yea, the radio is a feature too).
A few people act like it's a God send, fine by me. They don't eventually end up using that much data anyway. The biggest data consumer is when their phone detects WiFi and starts to update, but that is not so bad, sometimes the updates don't even complete before the trip ends. It's so affordable I even suggest YouTube videos for them to watch.
Sure banker 5 star, tips and callbacks. wink

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 6:17pm On Jun 22, 2018
congrats super eagles.argentina going down next.i suspected they took some Antiguan weed before the second half.oh boy,see energy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
blackfm:
Its quite surprising that people are in this biz without understanding the app. I was chatting with the driver on a trip home last night (team dont drink and drive) and the man's understanding or let me say lack of it was appalling.
He was complaining about how poor trips were and how he barely makes 10k gross daily which was quite odd.
Apparently, activity score was in the 80s and thats because he's been cancelling trip when he doesnt like the destination.
Leads me to tip of the day: accept all trip. For taxify, click navigation to get route to the rider, swipe arrival and then call. That way u can cancel after 3 minutes if u dont want to go. Activity score stays intact.
i dont joke with my 100% activity score. Especially now that uber boosts are irrational
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
chucsmoore:
I am on 13k plus on 1k fuel already. 2 trips Pere. Chilling at home watching Naija game. Will hit d road after d game. Today’s Target is 20k on remaining 1k fuel before 10pm. Haters can keep doubting... grin
Bros, dis your Corolla no be here again o o. Are you saying you do 128km on approx 7 litres of fuel?? � undecided
That's 18km/l. Fear God oo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
timilehing:
Bros, dis your Corolla no be here again o o. Are you saying you do 128km on approx 7 litres of fuel?? � undecided
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by laytoshtwo: 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
brogxy:

You will have yourself to blame

lf you are the one driving buy it,it is better than remitting 30k to someone
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Realistically, the pricing difference is not that bad. And you are compensated for traffic more on lite.
1 naira compensation...are u kidding me oga GAZZUZZ
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kingsleyakh: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
[color=#550000][/color]
timilehing:
The guy should fear God really. Unless he's using a customized 1.2L corolla

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2018
timilehing:
Oga stop doubting. Instead u come let me teach u how I do it. That trip screen shot I posted was suppose to be an offline trip but I told my client I want it done online, so can put it here to prove all d doubting thomases wrong on this thread. If I had done it offline it would have been 15k instead of 10k. From Marina to isolo waited 2hrs and from there to Oshodi waited 1hr back to Marina, I didn’t drive that much. So are u now telling it is not realistic to use 1k fuel to do 15k. Back to work I have a target to meet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
Daveonoja:
1 naira compensation...are u kidding me oga GAZZUZZ
1 naira wont even show.... Taxify and their jagajaga calculations... If ur trip is 570 instead of dem to round it up, dey put it down to 500. But uber gives u to the last 1 naira grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 9:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
chucsmoore:
Oga stop doubting. Instead u come let me teach u how I do it. That trip screen shot I posted was suppose to be an offline trip but I told my client I want it done online, so can put it here to prove all d doubting thomases wrong on this thread. If I had done it offline it would have been 15k instead of 10k. From Marina to isolo waited 2hrs and from there to Oshodi waited 1hr back to Marina, I didn’t drive that much. So are u now telling it is not realistic to use 1k fuel to do 15k. Back to work I have a target to meet
Oga, drop it already. Total distance from your screenshot is 128km, unless you're using Ibadan Micra, stop the bobo talk. Corolla is fuel efficient, yes but this your claim is too much

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
slamstanlee:
i hope they win. If they play rubbish this first half. I'll just put on my apps and pursue more money
Slamstanlee, now that the eagles won, did you put on your app and pursue more money. cool smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
emmancecute:
Good morning bros, you haven't replied my mail. Pls, I hope to hear back from you. Thanks in anticipation.

i tried to respond and it was giving issues so what i did was try to follow you instead and sent you the same message you sent me so check youe profile and add me up so we can relate..cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.