Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki (35304 Views)

Wike Blasts Amaechi In Church: We're Starting Projects Afresh Because You Looted / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi's Supporters Showed Him Love Today / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by oganology33(m): 10:09am On Oct 10, 2015
reuben79:
flash back in7th senate when d sentors 4m lagos state refused to endorse obanikoro,d david mark senate president den he clear him,nothin ws happen after dat ok.am 100% sure dat amaechi will clear
I get very irritated wen u guys use Obanikoro 2 liken the case we have here. The senators from Lagos only rejected his nomination cos he's not of their party quite alright. But the house Neva adopted a convention dat evry nominee must b endorsed by their reps. If the senate adopts the endorsement of nominees by senators from their states, wat do u tink Saraki, who isn't even ready 2 help him, can do 4 him. Even Amaechi is not 80% sure. But U're already 100% sure. Na wa ooo.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by ozimec(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2015
talk2smat:
Former governor of Rivers State and ministerial nominee, Rotimi Amaechi, last Tuesday night visited Senate President Bukola Saraki where he begged the latter to help clear him ahead of the ministerial screening which starts next week Tuesday. Amaechi arrived the Maitama, Abuja residence of the Senate President at about 11:45pm and left at about 1am, last Wednesday morning. Ministerial nominees have intensified their lobby for the Senate’s clearance since the release of their names. The Senate must screen and confirm them before they could be sworn in.

In the case of Amaechi, no sooner did he have his names announced that the three senators from Rivers State, George Thompson Sekibo (Rivers East), Osinakachukwu Ideozu (Rivers West) and Olaka Nwogu (Rivers South-east) submitted a petition against Ameachi’s confirmation, alleging that the former governor allegedly misappropriated N70 billion belonging to Rivers State while as governor of the state.

A source privy to the visit of the former governor, said this would be the first time Amaechi would be visiting Saraki since the Senate President’s emergence. He had stayed away and even worked against the Senate president’s emergence which was against their party (APC’s) stand.Amaechi who drove himself to the residence in company of an aide pleaded with the Senate President to forget the past and help clear him.

The embattled former governor faces stiff opposition as the three senators from his state are set to oppose his nomination, just as several petitions are said to have already hit the Senate President’s table ahead of the screening. A source revealed that Amaechi succeeded in extracting a promise from the Senate President that he would do everything possible to make his clearance come easy. The former Rivers governor was the director general of the Buhari Campaign Organisation and was said to have spent huge funds during the APC presidential primary and the campaigns.

Credit; http://leadership.ng/news/466169/ministerial-screening-amaechi-in-make-or-mar-visit-to-saraki

IF THERE IS NO SKELETON IN YOUR CUPBOARD, YOU DON'T NEED TO BE AFRAID NOW. Clear conscience they say fears no accusation. #I don't like money!

Check the link below for unlimited job positions. No experience is needed. http://payRefe.com/?ref=131951
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by codedguy1(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2015
Once or if PDP instruct Saraki not to confirm Ameachi as a minister that is the end of Ameachi.

Saraki has enemies in APC who are ready to kick him off th SP seat any opportunity they get and Saraki knows this. If he goes against the PDP instruction assuming they told him to fvck Ameachi up, he, Saraki will now have enemies in PDP, then his senate seat will be threatened.

Let's watch and see.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 10, 2015
IF AMEACHI DOESN'T GET APPROVED BY THE SENATE, I WILL DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT WITH NL.!

NOR BE NIGERIA AGAIN
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by dotcomnamename: 10:14am On Oct 10, 2015
[size=15pt]I can bet anything![/size]

[size=40pt]BIGGEST LIE [/size] undecided

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by bigerboy200: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Saraki can do just little to help Amaechi, The help he truly needs is in Wike's hands and also that of the three senators from Rivers State.
The way the 3 senators from lagos state helped Obanikoro?? Naija's politics is a big joke..Amaechi will scale thru despite these heavy petitions.. There is no honour amongst thieves...
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by viktagorion: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2015
Amaechi will be cleared.

Was Obanikoro not cleared?

Wike's desperation will fail.

You can quote me.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by amusadele: 10:23am On Oct 10, 2015
I must confess that if there are people I really HATE is majority of Nigerians. This was a man they have dancing in favour. This was a man they say is the lion and Tiger of Nigeria. Today this foolish idiot is begging. This is the SAME way they have been praising the dunce Buhari. They describe him as the hottest Nigerian. They say Buhari is like the sharpest knife in the world. Based on those idiots, he is also very happy and misbehaving. He has, of recent increased his character of undermining every other ethnic groups. I realy HATE majority of Nigerians. Rubbish and the most useless group of people in the same enclave. Tufiakwa to this country.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by Raiders: 10:26am On Oct 10, 2015
oganology33:

I get very irritated wen u guys use Obanikoro 2 liken the case we have here. The senators from Lagos only rejected his nomination cos he's not of their party quite alright. But the house Neva adopted a convention dat evry nominee must b endorsed by their reps. If the senate adopts the endorsement of nominees by senators from their states, wat do u tink Saraki, who isn't even ready 2 help him, can do 4 him. Even Amaechi is not 80% sure. But U're already 100% sure. Na wa ooo.
The convention of getting 2 senators from a minister nominee state has been in place since 1999. I still think Ameachi will scale through just like Obanikoro. Nigeria politicians are only there for their interest so don't be surprise that those senators opposing Ameachi now will end up voting for him
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by Xano(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2015
When it concerns a member of PDP, other party 'foot-soldiers' scream corruption. But when it involves an APC member, there's no corruption, and vice versa. There are many hypocrites and sycophants in NL.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by bashydemy(m): 10:28am On Oct 10, 2015
All this is nonsense media, Ameachi will be cleared and swear in as minister.... Nothing the Senators from river state can do... I am patiently waiting for Tuesday and hope they air it live.... if those senators try nonsense them APC senators from other states go scatter house if na lie make una bookmark my comment... Remember when the idioitt Sekibo try to submit the application how they boo him.... till then.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by alexlee50: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2015
So amechi really needs this badly? Anyway, he has to get something to hold on to, if not he will be the laughing stock of the niger delta people for years to come

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by ajepako(f): 10:32am On Oct 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Thank you

Pa Chukwudi,, I sight you oh..

Dem don nick-name you Saraki Abobaku, lol..

Anyway, nice seeing you're kicking asses! grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by onismate: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Saraki can do just little to help Amaechi, The help he truly needs is in Wike's hands and also that of the three senators from Rivers State.
I don't think so. the Senate President can over rule their complaints
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by banio: 10:37am On Oct 10, 2015
PMB and APC shud get ministerial nominees from state govt. Otherwise they will rubbish our democracy. It will lead to a one party ministerial list and national govt, which was not the case wen PDP was in power.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by abiambo(m): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2015
Hahaha I like ur signature tho, I see u listen to too much rap
Stephansmily:

I don't nid likes, coz it won't add anytin to my life. If u are so pained by my post, it has been modified. Thank u.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by Unlimitedoye: 10:38am On Oct 10, 2015
KRILMIJAY:
Amaechi Your case is now in the Hands of Rivers senators not the senate President. If you want to scale thru' visit your brothers in the senate not Saraki.
WHAT ABOUT OBANIKORO FATE LAST YEAR ALL THE 3 APC SENATOR DID NOT SUPPORT BUT WITH THE HELP OF DAVID MARK AND PDP SENATORS HE BECOME A MINISTER
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by seemsnice: 10:39am On Oct 10, 2015
Highly disappointed in Amaechi, begging for political post frm a criminal like Saraki, who will end up being a floor member soon.

I av started loosing interest in Amaechi for belittle himself, if truly u av no skeleton in ur cupboard, why lobbing for Minister?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by IVORY2009(m): 10:39am On Oct 10, 2015
searching4love:

if they born u well send me your address. i am currently in Ebonyi state angry

u make mouth too much...
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by amusadele: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
Amiii,how market nah?
bros., na God ooo
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by Akpan107(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
It will be a great disaster for Saraki to anger the PDP Senators who stood for him. Amaechi should settle the problem from his state first before his name can be cleared has ministers.

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by M4gunners: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2015
The person that claim he is not corrupt is visiting Senate president by 11:45 in the night to clear him through backyard i guess. Saraki has a little on this matter to do . The power is in the hands of 3 senators from R S.Even if Saraki has the power to clear him, i am sure he won't do that. Saraki is the change am seeing.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by agujames4real(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2015
Chibuike Amaechi should approach Gov. Nyemson Wike for his intervention. There is no way he can be cleared for ministerial assignment without the backing of at least 2 senators from Rivers State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by freedom96: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2015
freshvine:

WIKE is a gentleman and a team player but Amaechi pride and arrogance won't allow him do the right thing.

Now he has to do a lot of bribing and begging to get to the next stage of his career.

WIKE is a political juggernaut.
when did Wike join politics to deserve all this flattery? Amaechi will pass through this,jst watch.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by mobaking: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2015
U people like wasting ur time on deceit.All the 2 senators endorsing issue is a ploy by the senate to pressure Buhari into releasing their 64billion naira constituency allowance.If anybody thinks they are at Abuja because of the masses,such person should see a psychiatrist.Ameachi and others will be minister once the senate get their allowances.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by mescapee: 10:49am On Oct 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:

And he will not be able to do anything cos back in those days, he played god.

Pay back time.

Saraki must have been laughing at him in SWAHILI grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by fasbat(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2015
talk2smat:
Former governor of Rivers State and ministerial nominee, Rotimi Amaechi, last Tuesday night visited Senate President Bukola Saraki where he begged the latter to help clear him ahead of the ministerial screening which starts next week Tuesday. Amaechi arrived the Maitama, Abuja residence of the Senate President at about 11:45pm and left at about 1am, last Wednesday morning. Ministerial nominees have intensified their lobby for the Senate’s clearance since the release of their names. The Senate must screen and confirm them before they could be sworn in.

In the case of Amaechi, no sooner did he have his names announced that the three senators from Rivers State, George Thompson Sekibo (Rivers East), Osinakachukwu Ideozu (Rivers West) and Olaka Nwogu (Rivers South-east) submitted a petition against Ameachi’s confirmation, alleging that the former governor allegedly misappropriated N70 billion belonging to Rivers State while as governor of the state.

A source privy to the visit of the former governor, said this would be the first time Amaechi would be visiting Saraki since the Senate President’s emergence. He had stayed away and even worked against the Senate president’s emergence which was against their party (APC’s) stand.Amaechi who drove himself to the residence in company of an aide pleaded with the Senate President to forget the past and help clear him.

The embattled former governor faces stiff opposition as the three senators from his state are set to oppose his nomination, just as several petitions are said to have already hit the Senate President’s table ahead of the screening. A source revealed that Amaechi succeeded in extracting a promise from the Senate President that he would do everything possible to make his clearance come easy. The former Rivers governor was the director general of the Buhari Campaign Organisation and was said to have spent huge funds during the APC presidential primary and the campaigns.

Credit; http://leadership.ng/news/466169/ministerial-screening-amaechi-in-make-or-mar-visit-to-saraki
Could remember Dr Aborishade's nomination by OBJ, d Senate rejected twice and OBJ being a stubborn man send again Aborishade's name until he was confirmed,Nig's Senate shd amend d constitution in. respect to listing d portfolios of prospective ministerial nominees so as to allow better screening system,d idea of blanket screening is old fashioned and shd be discarded.... Amaechi is lucky to be in Nig now, had PDP won d election,dt man would ve been in big soup! All d noise about Amaechi is as a result of his contributions to d assumption of office of PMB and some people are still embittered!!!!
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by SpencerLewis(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2015
freshvine:

WIKE is a gentleman and a team player but Amaechi pride and arrogance won't allow him do the right thing.

Now he has to do a lot of bribing and begging to get to the next stage of his career.

WIKE is a political juggernaut.
Shut ur stinking mouth now, b/4 I invoke my great grandpa Amadioha to maim u. Which political juggernaut is that thief/murderer called Wike?
He is a tout and will soon be kicked out out power he got fraudulently with so many blood on his hand.
Amaechi doesn't need wike or 3 senators from rivers state to become a minister if he desperately wants to be one. He only needs Buhari for that as the case of Obanikoro and oda PDP thieves during clueless GEJ era.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by Jesusloveyou: 10:55am On Oct 10, 2015
Carmal90:

By who??
Oga stop playing to the gallery, saraki can only be removed by the senator,xcept he steps on pdp senators toes i dont think that could happen, at least for now..
Forget code of conduct tribunal issue, we are in nigeria
so u think saraki can scale through all d case, cct, forgery of senate rules, money laundering and election matter, etc, even if he like, tell saraki not to confirm d nominees sent by our amiable PMB, saraki is a goner

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by SpencerLewis(m): 10:58am On Oct 10, 2015
4reala:
All dis reporters can lie o cheesy but sha! Visit or no visit, Amechi must pay 4 the consequence of his actions. Shikenah tongue
What action?
Infact He doesn't need to be a minister.
We are satisfied with the role he played in kicking clueless/corrupted GEJ/PEJ/Diezani et al out of power.
Quote me LUCIFER son of the morning badly & see what my great grandpa AMADIOHA will do to u now.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki by SpencerLewis(m): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2015
temitemi1:
Keep running from pole to pillar...No peace for d wicked grin grin grin
Really?
U SATANoids 'iberibe' has no part 2, MAKA CHUKWU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mohammed Bello El-Rufai, Erhiatake Ibori-Suenu Named Committee Chairmen / Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick / #EndSARS: Fresh Protest Threat For Freezing Of Protesters Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.