Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan (140179 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 11:07am On Feb 29, 2020
majisuka:

Nope, as much as I know it's correct. 普通 = ordinary; 大学院生 = graduate student in university (master or PhD student). So it says 'an ordinary grad student'.

lol grin You speak the Japanese language by any chance?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by regizoch(m): 1:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
How did you obtain certificate of instruction?
Beaufull:

College degrees
Passport bio page
Certificate of instruction
And recommendation letter from previous job
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by majisuka(m): 2:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
moonraker:

lol grin You speak the Japanese language by any chance?

Yeah. そういえば、moonrakerさんはいつから日本に住んでいるんですか? (I'm sorry for other nairalanders for posting in Japanese alphabet, but I bet someone already did in this thread)
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Beaufull(f): 9:02am On Mar 01, 2020
regizoch:
How did you obtain certificate of instruction?
Your school will give it to you
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Fk1987: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2020
majisuka:
Just an info for you guys from an insider (as well as some Sub-Saharan African students I get along with in the university). Apparently the Ministry of Education of Japan (Monbukagakusho) is trying to increase African student quota in Japanese universities, perhaps as an effort to spread the soft power into the continent. I'd say African applicants are given a little bit more leeway to obtain the scholarship, provided one already has gotten an approval from a prospective supervisor/professor. For the procedures, required documents, and deadlines, you can check out the website of Embassy of Japan in Nigeria (I'm not gonna spoon-fed you guys, I'm busy and there is Google to help you out). The website is here btw https://www.jasso.go.jp/en/study_j/scholarships/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2019/04/17/scholarships_2019_e.pdf

On the other hand, they are decreasing 90% (perhaps even more) of post-graduate scholarships to Asian countries (especially other East and Southeast Asians) that it's almost impossible for them to get one now except if the applicant is truly exceptional or even a superhuman shocked. Basically the are abolishing scholarship for those folks. Till a few years ago they are the workhorses of many labs here (as graduate students), but due to this 'woes', many professors and principal investigators (PIs) are struggling to recruit new people. For example, my PI now has to put a couple of our projects on hold due to lack of new grad students. My friend's lab even got severely downsized and close to disbandment due to lack of manpower. Too bad they are sometimes don't know that they can recruit very good students from Africa but alas very few have connection to do so.

Now it's up to your effort because the next is the hardest part. Please read and study thoroughly some scientific journal articles that suits your academic background and try to come up with ideas. Be sure as well to check the professor's current projects in each lab's webpage (typically in top universities a lab/research group has a functioning and updated website) before doing so. You are also encouraged to check their relevant publications, which are often posted in the website too.

Afterwards, try to contact them in professional manner, that is, introduce yourself and give a brief academic background and explain your plan in the lab and Japan (as well as the research idea you conceive). You are needed to attach your CV/resume along with the first communication e-mail so that the professor can be ascertained that you are indeed willing to join the lab. Be patient to wait for the responses because they are super busy (sometimes up to a week). They only recruit very good (even though raw talents) students with strong grasp of respective field's concept so be very, very prepared. Upon convincing the professor that you are worthy to be the member, you'll subjected to entrance interview and test, which is just as rigorous and depends on down to the policy of the department the lab belongs to. Yes it's easy to get scholarship up to a point you earn trust from the prof but in the test they will try to weed out those who don't have the basic concepts. Some universities have low acceptance rate even for Master and PhD level entrance.

I know you Nigerians are very hard-working given being in conductive situation. Good Luck.
Hi bro..
Happy new month, pls with new conoravirus disease that has entered Nigeria, are you sure prospective study visa will be granted, cos I intend to apply for September intake... Pls ur candid advice will be appreciated.
Thanks..
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by majisuka(m): 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
Fk1987:
Hi bro..
Happy new month, pls with new conoravirus disease that has entered Nigeria, are you sure prospective study visa will be granted, cos I intend to apply for September intake... Pls ur candid advice will be appreciated.
Thanks..

September is still far away and perhaps the epidemic would die down as it passes summer. Moreover there is still yet no outbreak like that of Italy or Korea in Nigeria (I think it's kinda unlikely due to high ambient temperature and lack of elderly people). I think you can give it a try, as long as they haven't announced that the intake this year is stopped.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Fk1987: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
majisuka:

September is still far away and perhaps the epidemic would die down as it passes summer. Moreover there is still yet no outbreak like that of Italy or Korea in Nigeria (I think it's kinda unlikely due to high ambient temperature and lack of elderly people). I think you can give it a try, as long as they haven't announced that the intake this year is stopped.
Okay bro.. Thanks..
I love the country, I will give it a try.. But pls how's their post study used to be like, I mean if am done with my M. Sc there, hope I can stay after my study and get atleast a good job that i can earn , atleast 2000 dollars or more monthly, secondly, how's cost of living there? Ie Like how much is an average self contain there? Pls if you can drop ur email for easy communication or update, I will gladly appreciate Sir or can I drop mine? Thanks bro, I really appreciate.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by majisuka(m): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
Fk1987:
Okay bro.. Thanks..
I love the country, I will give it a try.. But pls how's their post study used to be like, I mean if am done with my M. Sc there, hope I can stay after my study and get atleast a good job that i can earn , atleast 2000 dollars or more monthly, secondly, how's cost of living there? Ie Like how much is an average self contain there? Pls if you can drop ur email for easy communication or update, I will gladly appreciate Sir or can I drop mine? Thanks bro, I really appreciate.

You can send me PM
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Fk1987: 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
[quote author=majisuka post=87080434]

OK
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2020
Hello guys how are you all doing in this period of time, hope this thread won't die just like that pls, let's keep information flowing....
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 2:30am On Apr 11, 2020
Well lets see...

Whole country is on lock down somewhat. Basically, no foreigner will be allowed into the country until maybe May 6th.

Only Japanese citizens will be allowed and even then, you will be quarantine for 14 days before being allowed in.

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 11, 2020
moonraker:
Well lets see...

Whole country is on lock down somewhat. Basically, no foreigner will be allowed into the country until maybe May 6th.

Only Japanese citizens will be allowed and even then, you will be quarantine for 14 days before being allowed in.

Good morning bro, if what you said it’s true no then they is no problem about it, we just need information to be following here, don’t we have Nigerians living in Japan again
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
EDDYBABA01:

Good morning bro, if what you said it’s true no then they is no problem about it, we just need information to be following here, don’t we have Nigerians living in Japan again

If you doubt what i say, then check out the news.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
moonraker:
Gentlemen angry angry

Well more came in and well as you would expect from some naughty Nigerians, they were involved in crime, credit card fraud, pimping etc.

Then immigration became extremely strict.

SO there you have it lads.
That is what some of them are now trying to do in Canada angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawX1Ox-dUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txA7ylGMAbU
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Alexbaby12(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
Please my people I want to ask if Nigerian Japanese embassy grants visa to a person going for language school
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 1:49pm On May 10, 2020
Just quick bits of info.

Prime minister Shinzo Abe, extended the state of emergency until the end of May.

So far, Tokyo is the epicenter of this virus with 22 new cases in Tokyo alone today.

Boarder is still closed. Foreigners visiting the the country have had their visa`s renewed.

Thats basically it.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 1:08am On May 12, 2020
Tokyo

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by JustEdward(m): 1:28am On May 12, 2020
Wow this is beautiful! Are you there right now! Can you feed us with update about Tokyo
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Fk1987: 2:49pm On May 13, 2020
Beaufull:

I applied for a teaching job online
Did my interview online via Skype
Then sent my documents
They sent the COE via mail
I took it to the embassy and got the visa
Hi bro, pls how did you apply for certificate of eligibility, I mean where did you submit the documents, is it at japan embassy here in Nigeria or you dhl the required documents to embassy in japan directly?
Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 4:49am On May 22, 2020
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Libraticazi: 4:21pm On May 26, 2020
Are there jobs for Nigerians in the IT sector?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 2:01am On May 27, 2020
Libraticazi:
Are there jobs for Nigerians in the IT sector?

Oh! You are already here smiley
I hope you can get many information from here!
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 7:02am On May 27, 2020
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Libraticazi: 2:59pm On May 27, 2020
blackbriar:

https://tokyo.craigslist.org/d/software-qa-dba-etc/search/sof?lang=en&cc=us
Hey bro, do you live in Japan 日本?
If yes, can you tell me about the average life of Nigerians over there?

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
Libraticazi:

Hey bro, do you live in Japan 日本?
If yes, can you tell me about the average life of Nigerians over there?

It depends on either you are a scholar or have a job.

Or you are on the streets of Roppongi working at bars looking for customers on the streets and giving Nigerians bad name as thugs. Tell anyone you are Nigerian in Tokyo and they think you are a thug working in Roppongi and kabukicho bars.

Also there are African foreigners ; Nigerians inclusive working in companies and earning good wages.
You don’t need fluent Japanese to work in IT sector
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 1:05am On May 28, 2020
Mext scholarships

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 10:17am On May 28, 2020
blackbriar:
Mext scholarships

You have repeatedly stated that this scholarship program has been bastardised yet you advertise the banner. I'm not against information sharing but I'm surprised you share info about a program you accuse of being corrupted. Do you then advise that people should apply even when it has been corrupted (like you have said countless times)?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 1:50pm On May 28, 2020
NaotoKan:

You have repeatedly stated that this scholarship program has been bastardised yet you advertise the banner. I'm not against information sharing but I'm surprised you share info about a program you accuse of being corrupted. Do you then advise that people should apply even when it has been corrupted (like you have said countless times)?

one person,1, might just get it on merit (Embassy recommendation).

and a subtle reminder, the deadline is same as the school recommendation.so start contacting schools and professors to know if they would recommend you for school recommendation where the nigerian factor is not involved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (42) (Reply)

Life In The Usa As A Student. / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. / Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.